The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: (OOC) New Bedford by Night WtF

Sorry for double-posting, but I warranted this link couldn't wait 'till I'm back home from work.

I have no issue helping Kara, but I do question this beign my "single" shot on this Story.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

It never ceases to amaze me just how unhelpful WW's books can be. I just need to know what I add together to transform; the section detailing the forms doesn't even give me that. In WtF 1e, wasn't it Survival and stamina?
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

You don’t have to roll to change form, assuming I understand you correct
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah... I was asking that. -_-; I'm still used to 1e rules so I was spending like 20 minutes looking through the index and the forms section for a roll.

Gonna have Juno get into Dalu form and be prepared to body check Kara if she can't control herself.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

There anything her packmates can do to help with the resolve rolls?
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, it's being a little hard to me as well, one would expect reducing the need to roll for everything would streamline things faster, eh?

Anyways, doesn't seem like I need to roll to get Kara out of Death rage, but that's it until the Chapter has ended, which according to the link I posted, seems to be "a single gaming session".

Now, this is a point of contention, since a "Gaming session" is a very undefined measure of time in Real Life (between 3 to 8 hours), and troublesome to adapt on a play-by-post medium. I think we would need to have defined when will this chapter "end".

Meanwhile, hope the Rahus can keep themselves together.
    Last edited by Madmal; 2018-05-14 at 11:00 PM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Madmal: Please see my third post in this thread. I already addressed this. We are in the prelude. Beats will be alloted ect at the end of the prelude. I apologize if this was not clear, please let me know if you have any questions regarding this.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2018-05-15 at 08:48 AM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Rerolling that exploding d10: [roll0]

I think I have at least three successes not counting this?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

mrgrgrgr...

(1d10)[1]-- Ffff-- okay, TWO successes, hopefully.
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2018-05-15 at 07:59 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Tonberry: For ease of use, I’d recommend using the rollv form of the forum dice roller. Rather than type roll in brackets, type rollv. This will allow you to roll more than 1d10 and see the results.

I’d also argue that drawing your knife ect would make it more of a Presence/Strength + Intimidation roll, which would give you 5d10. While it doesn’t matter since the Spirit hasn’t been offered a Gathra, nor has it really taken damage, your 5d10 roll using Rollv would look like this

(5d10)[1][6][5][9][1](22) I’d also include an extra roll just for 10 agains to avoid double posting with (5d10)[2][4][2][4][5](17)
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Right, now that my massive mistake has been dealt with (Sorry again) let's get back to the spirit:

This is all stuff Solomon wouldn't know so just my observations as a player.

It appears to be a good spirit. It is not a magath (A spirit feeding outside of it's portfolio. Abominations that require destruction). Nor has it crossed over despite the fact it easily could have. Assuming I'm right about both of those it's an upstanding citizen to our border control/police force.

It's feeding may have been what stopped other spirits crossing over at the Locus?

Falcon plus netting plus harbour and warehouse. Some sort of fishing spirit? A falcon/hunter spirit who adapted as humans became the dominate fishers of the area?

Spirits normally hate/dislike the Uratha so that's not unusual King Sky Hunter doesn't care for us. However the way it's talking I think it's safe to say this was not the Harbour Fangs totem

The Hisil works in weird ways, it may not be aware of the figurehead spirit, they may be allies or mortal enemies, wouldn't hurt to find out.

Negotiations may be far easier if we knew it's ban and bane. Blaze has a gift for this (Shadow gaze. Cost 1 Essence for the scene. Add Wisdom to Empathy when interacting with spirits. Shadow Gaze can also be used directly against any spirit that the Ithaeur can perceive, revealing the symbolic truth buried at its heart.
    Dice Pool: Wits + Occult + Wisdom versus Resistance. 1 success for learning bane or ban and exceptional success to learn both)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit also by KP. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thank you Ladorak. I’ve been PMing with TC about some of this, although the gift idea is very bright. TC is busy atm, but I presume will be posting something helpful today.

Edit: Not that I should be putting words in TC’s mouth.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2018-05-15 at 09:06 AM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

That was fun!

While the timing was certainly interesting, I don't see that entire interaction as being a mistake. It helped cement some pack dynamic, at least in my eyes.

Just a thought on the old pack and why the Spirit should deal with us? If the vermin got the last pack, and there really is a blight on the city, it's stand to reason having a Pack of Uratha with the vigorous fire of youth to put between it and other trouble might be a worthwhile approach.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Oh trust me, Sky Hunter has a very very good reason to treat with the pack, but it has many reasons not to trust the pack, and therefore the Anchor wolves will really need to gain its trust before more is revealed.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Thank you Ladorak. I’ve been PMing with TC about some of this, although the gift idea is very bright. TC is busy atm, but I presume will be posting something helpful today.

Edit: Not that I should be putting words in TC’s mouth.
    Yeah life is busy but I can almost always post at least once a day. It will take me a while to get the vocabulary right as I’m unfamiliar with almost all of the terms.

Benno feel free to roll the appropriate skill for what I’m trying to do, I won’t spend willpower at this point.

Edit: fyi I’m planning a supplication ritual as soon as possible, to make sky hunter happier. What are the available subtypes of spirits which can be affected by the ritual and can I get more than one going at the same time?
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-05-15 at 09:19 AM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Without hearing more from King Sky Hunter three methods of negotiation occur to me.

1. If we learn his ban/bane there may be a lot we can do for it. Also, although I dislike this one, there may be a lot we can threaten it with

2. We offer to clear up the Plague Spirits. KSH cannot feed on them and is probably aware of how their numbers are growing. He won't see them as a threat, but maybe a threat to his foodsource?

3. Blaze has resonance shaper. We can offer to change a local Locus to a resonance KSH can feed on. Depends if he wants to leave the warehouse but probably the best option of the three. We're going to have to change the resonance anyway when we burn the rats out so two birds one stone
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Umm, well, that seems pretty straightforward. Any reason why we shouldn’t accept this offer from sky hunter?
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ideally this is the type of Spirit we want on our territory. Give it hunting rights and welcome it in.

Less sure about giving it rights to the Locus tho. We're going to need that essence for ourselves
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorak View Post
    Ideally this is the type of Spirit we want on our territory. Give it hunting rights and welcome it in.

Less sure about giving it rights to the Locus tho. We're going to need that essence for ourselves
    K, can anyone explain how recharging essence works? Is the locus shareable or if we give sky hunter access to it he basically sucks everything up and leaves nothing for us?
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

It generates essence over time and has a set essence limit. We could share it, but he's also capable of draining the whole thing in one go (As are we).
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2018-05-15 at 10:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Can we have multiple totem spirits as a pack?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Only one totem I think. I'll have a look. I love Forsaken 2ed but the WoD people really need to learn where to lay out all the mechanics. You ever play the old Mage? I loved the fluff but I found it unplayable. Either way we can have as many ally spirits as we can manage

Edit: The language is very heavy on the singular, it doesn't actually say you can only have one but it is implied
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2018-05-15 at 02:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I don’t think there are explicit rules but implicitly the pack has one totem to whom they “swear allegiance so to speak.

In regards to Aspirations...

@Tonberry and Madmal: I don’t think I have aspirations for your characters, or at least they haven’t been placed in the OOC thread. Would it be possible to get these ASAP, as these are needed for your characters to gain XP?

@Daishain: It sounds like your Aspirations were in the works, but the one I would like addressed is the “Improve Bear’s Skills” Aspiration. Other than being super vague, I don’t like giving XP for spending XP.

@Ladorak: You will probably be able to take a beat for securing the locus. But I would like you to change the Aspiration “Make our Den secure”, as it is simply too similar to the Pack’s aspiration of securing territory.

@TC: You will likely be able to take a beat towards your first aspiration at the end of this scene, but hold off for now.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

I don’t think there are explicit rules but implicitly the pack has one totem to whom they “swear allegiance so to speak.

In regards to Aspirations...

@Tonberry and Madmal: I don’t think I have aspirations for your characters, or at least they haven’t been placed in the OOC thread. Would it be possible to get these ASAP, as these are needed for your characters to gain XP?

@Daishain: It sounds like your Aspirations were in the works, but the one I would like addressed is the “Improve Bear’s Skills” Aspiration. Other than being super vague, I don’t like giving XP for spending XP.

@Ladorak: You will probably be able to take a beat for securing the locus. But I would like you to change the Aspiration “Make our Den secure”, as it is simply too similar to the Pack’s aspiration of securing territory.

@TC: You will likely be able to take a beat towards your first aspiration at the end of this scene, but hold off for now.
    Nice! Earning some beats in the prologue!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I meant 'Den' in terms of fortifying the warehouse rather than claiming territory. Specifically a place to lay our heads down and rest rather than land to patrol. Lay out some traps and barricades, maybe a killing floor. Is that acceptable or should I change it?
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Erulasto: Everyone will be earning a beat or two at the end of the prologue, but yes.

@Ladorak: I would prefer if you change it, if only because I would count that towards the group shared Aspiration. Is that okay?
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Of course it's ok. Always question the GM, but never argue with them. I'll come up with a new one.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorak View Post
    Of course it's ok. Always question the GM, but never argue with them. I'll come up with a new one.
    That's a great philosophy to have.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ok Benno how are these for aspirations?

Investigate the cause of the Beshilu migration
    Find the Beshilu tunnels, map the ones in the waterfront
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Ladorak: I think the one that works best for the story, and is maybe least likely to overlap with the pack aspirations is the “Discover why the Beshilu migrated” aspiration. Sound good?
    Show