The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (OOC) New Bedford by Night WtF

Solomon called them, presumably to do exactly that. I think he's waiting for you to metaphorically pick up the other end of the phone.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Oh, my bad. Iím sorry I missed that.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

(2d10+3)[10][7](17)

...Wait. When you say +3 do you mean roll three extra dice?

Spoiler: If so...
    Show

(3d10)[10][10][10](30)

EDIT: Crom's cooking show, but I HOPE you meant that I got three extra dice....which... I think I do anyway because they kept exploding.... Did Juno just find the effing Holy Grail?
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2018-05-28 at 10:28 AM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(3d10)[2][6][2](10) Since you technically get to roll that last 10 too. Heck of a roll.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Watch, first combat we get into, she's going to trip, fall right into a pile of rusty nails face first and then roll off the side of a pier into a school of jellyfish in shallow water.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Tonberry: I apologize if I missed it, but I cannot for the life of me find Junoís aspirations anywhere. I canít give your character personalized beats without this (or at least not as easliy), and these help me develop future scenes and plot points. If Iíve missed them, please repost them for me, and include them on your character sheet.

If you havenít written them yet, please get them done ASAP!!!!
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, FFS, did Mythweavers eat my info again?

Spoiler: Aspirations
    Show

Short term- Get a handle on this crazy lifestyle. She was groomed to be a housewife. Now she's in a rock band full of werewolves and is trying to adjust how she was raised with what she has now.

Short to long term: Avenge her father. Her father was not challenged. He was not attacked in honorable combat, but the Coward got the drop on him with a silver tipped rail spike, and murdered him just to get his ancestral klaive. Juno is always on the lookout for information pertaining to either the sword's whereabouts, or her father's killer. Bringing him to justice won't bring back Poppa, but it sure will make her feel better towards...

Long term: An accomplished Werewolf- Juno was not supposed to become what she is, going by her family's opinions. The Blood Talons almost didn't accept her either-- if not for the feeling of heavy obligation to her father's legacy and because she was utterly fearless during her initiations to the point where she scarred her own throat to earn their respect. She has a deep-seated fear/understanding that nobody expected much out of her, that she is going to fail. She wants to be able to stand on her own and become a respected werewolf. She doesn't care if she makes new legends or tales, she just wants to do a good job and have it be met with approval, those of others sure, but maybe her own as well.

EDIT/TL;DR: Get used to the crazy world. Find father's killer and father's klaive, earn respect and approval from both others and (ultimately) herself for having the brazen guts to alter her own fate.
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2018-05-28 at 11:06 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Which OOC post refers to the stuff we found?

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thank you Tonberry. My one thought is that with the short term aspiration, would there be any way to clarify or simplify? What do you mean by get a handle on the rock and roll life? Can we come up with a more tangible or specific event that works in this way? For example, get payed for the bandís first gig (maybe not coming to terms with it, but probably getting payed helps), or have a performance with the band that positively affects another person. While you donít have to choose these, these examples would give me an idea of a scene or scenario I could fit in or would have a better idea of when the Aspiraiton is fulfilled.

The OOC post was simply, that I knew one of your aspirations would be regarding the family blade, and I wanted to have this conversation before I described the knife Juno finds.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Juno has confidence issues. I'm guessing with the first aspiration she just wants to perform well, maybe affect/touch the audience (specifically the audience and not the pack she's "stuck with") like the way you suggested.

Also, I'm assuming the knife isn't her father's but I'm excited anyway.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ok. So have a performance where Juno knows she touched the audience.

And yes, similar enough that itís likely of the same origin, but not the same klaive. But take a beat please for moving closer to your second aspiration
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I would like each player to take 4 beats. Each of the three pack aspirations were approached, and one for finishing the scene. Please add these to your character boxes, refill WP, and include your character box in your next post. The start of the next scene is being written now, and should be up soon.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Character Box:
    Spoiler
    Show

Harmony: 7
    Essence:
    Willpower: 4
    Health: 7
    Beats/xp: 4
    Tilts/Conditions:
    Aspirations
    1. Create a talen
    2. Befriend a friendly spirit (buddy spirit touchstone)
    3. Obtain a compromising or embarrassing photo of every other member of the band.
    Pack aspirations:
    1. Secure your territory
    2. Secure a totem
    3. Find out what happened to the missing wolves.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-05-28 at 07:48 PM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

So, to explain what the hell I just wrote, the Bogatyr story is what Juno has been told about her Poppa's klaive as an explanation to where it came from. I was originally going to present it as part of her backstory to explain why the thing means so much to her and her family, and to give ideas to Bennosuke over what the sword actually does in case she ever got it.

Since I had no idea that Juno would find a scorpion knife, I decided to present the story anyway, but now the veracity of it is entirely in the hands of the GM. Maybe there's Five Deadly Venoms (look it up) worth of klaives, maybe there's some truth to it, or maybe anything, really. In any scenario I'm actually more excited since I don't know, OOC, what's up.

I just wanted to give more of her perspective into the matter, so that Juno isn't just going "Sweet, Free Knife!" and make it more of a conflict.

...By the way...

Do I have to attune that weapon in order to figure out what it does? Or is there gonna be trial and error involved?
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2018-05-28 at 09:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So, before I respond IC, I need to know who is going to the whaling museum and who is staying to clean? Donít worry, there will be plenty to learn with both tasks. Right now it appears the groups so far are:

Cleaning: Juno, Blaze?, Bear?
    Museum: Kara, Solomon

Please confirm or clarify. Feel free to do so IC or OOC.

@Tonberry: I think you may be thinking of WtA or maybe 1E rules. To identify the purpose of a Fetish or Talen, roll Int + Occult (per page 146). Perhaps Juno asks Blaze to help with this. To use a Fetish, the player rolls Resolve + Composure - Fetish rating, or burns an Essence. Hope this helps.

And in regards to the discovery, as I was not fully aware of this origin story for the weapon, I had not factored it in. However, I will leave you in limbo needing Juno to do more investigation/research to figure out what is going on. I had Juno discover the object because she had a really strong score, but because I didnít want the fulfillment of the aspiration to be as simple as one good roll. Plus it would be hard to explain what the knife was doing there. However, now Juno has a mystery that is all her own to solve.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2018-05-29 at 08:37 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze is cleaning because itís the middle of the night and he wants to sleep, and eat pizza.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

In the beginning of the second scene, itís the early afternoon, after the wolf blooded arrived, everyone ate pizza, and slept in.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    In the beginning of the second scene, itís the early afternoon, after the wolf blooded arrived, everyone ate pizza, and slept in.
    Ok thanks for clarifying. In that case Blaze will head to the museum and leave the cleaning to the wolf blooded.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So Juno cleans, Bear goes out on patrol and the other four go to the museum... Seems a fair division of labour to me.
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2018-05-30 at 10:37 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit also by KP. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, for simplicity's sake I'll go with that for now. If anyone wants to change their mind, or I misunderstood what they determined, I can just be assumed they went where they wanted to.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2018-05-30 at 12:08 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Okay, for simplicity's sake I'll go with that for now. If anyone wants to change their mind, or I misunderstood what they determined, I can just be assumed they went where they wanted to.
    That works for me!
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara is strangely cathartic to write.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Posting this here, Juno's Wits+Occult to determine anything about he new scorpion knife, which may influence her decision to stay or not:

(2d10)[7][2](9)

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Juno can tell that the knife is imbued with spirit power, and may be a fetish or a talon, but she can't tell much more than that.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sooo, should I roll against a bull rush or somesuch? Iago is definately not the most physically able in comparison.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hahaha. I'll let you roll Str + STamina to see how many blocks she Santiago can carry her.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Bugbear in the Playground

Joke was more in the lines of "Wait, what is happening", but reading again, it does assume we're already walking, so here I go:

Str(2)+Sta(2)
    (4d10)[5][3][7][8](23)

Edit: that's one success, not for very long; either by physical capacity or disposition.
    Last edited by Madmal; 2018-05-31 at 01:12 PM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze is also headed to the museum, sorry if I wasnít clear.

Tho we are definitely going to have to check the rest of the place out later.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

3 things. 1 serious question and 2 kinda silly ones:

1: Can I take an academics (Religion) check to see if Solomon recognises the church of dagon, or just dagon?
    2: Oh crap, you're drawing on a Shadow Over Innsmouth for inspiration aren't you? Easily the scariest Lovecraft I've read...
    3: Does Lovecraft exist in game?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit also by KP. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@TC: That is fine. I will amend my last IC post. Sorry, I was simply trying to keep things moving.

@Ladorak: 1. Sure, but at a -3 penalty (it is rather... esoteric ) 2. Yes. As I said during recruitment, this game was going to be heavily influenced by Lovecraft, as I thought millennia old inter dimensional horrors fit very well. And in real life, New Bedford is in many ways like Innsmouth, and I would not be surprised if HP was inspired by a port town like New Bedford if not the very town, and the locals are almost certainly a poorly veiled reference to the Cape Verdians who populate many such towns. Iím glad you got the reference. 3. Perhaps he existed, but this was intended to be a bit of an Easter egg, so I donít think Solomon would be like; ďlook at that so meta reference to HP Lovecraft guysĒ.
    Show