New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Samsaran Druid Magic Import Help

Hello Playground,

I'm constructing a Samsaran Druid for a game and am looking at the Mystic Past Life ACF. In people's opinion, say we get 3-4 spells to import from other divine lists. Which ones should I pick to add to my Druid list. Keep in mind we're likely to only see at most about 7th level spells.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Samsaran Druid Magic Import Help

The Travel Domain gets Teleport as a fifth-level divine spell, which could be handy.

Last edited by Palanan; 2018-04-12 at 03:50 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    The Travel Domain gets Teleport as a fifth-level divine spell, which could be handy.
    Pretty sure that 'otherwise arcane-only domain spells' still only count as Arcane. It cares about spell list, not one-off exceptions.
    Same with Mysteries, and Bloodlines, and...
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Wildshape into as big an animal as you can.

Cast righteous might for even more size, reach, and damage dice.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, what do you want to do? Obviously Pally and Ranger spells like Litany of X and Named Bullet (combined with Abundant Ammunition) would skyrocket your combat prowess. If you instead want to e.g. summon, few key Summon Monster spells (say SMV, SMVII and SMIX and access all the remaining ones at reasonable efficiency; 1d4+1 Lantern Archons are great for example) are a huge augment to your overall power (those particular ones offer some of the best options). Casting, well, pick utility/SoDs that are hard to replicate. Plane Shift is a great traveling effect that also doubles as an effective save-or-die for instance. Commune is just an incredible information gathering tool and so on. Options abound.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2018-04-13 at 05:54 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Very much digging Named Bullet never saw that one before. Abundant Ammo was already a pick, Officially I can pick 7 but I've taken a few for flavor given where I'm starting (Skull and Shackles on the
    Spoiler: S&S Spoiler
    Show
    Ghoul Island
    So I took Disrupt Undead and Hide from Undead because storywise it makes sense. I was also going to take Righteous Might because... duh. But aside from those 4 I was grasping for another 3, now I just need 2 more.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

As for Named Bullet, go with the Greater. One level higher, double the damage. Otherwise, I'd definitely take one of the Summon Monster-spells; you're well-advised to take some summoning feats anyways due to your innate SNA so might as well complement that with the superb SLAs you can access from SMIII-SMVII. Other than that, Cleric obviously has a lot of insanely powerful buffs because Cleric. Only so many you want to cast at any given time though; Magic Vestment is a good one if the party lacks a Cleric. You can enchant your Wild Armor and Wild Shield this way very cheap for pretty significant AC bonuses particularly if you also manage to get Beads of Karma. [url=http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/deadly-juggernaut/] is pretty fun if you go all melee mode though it's again a fairly short duration one.

Obviously, stuff like Restoration, Breath of Life and company, while boring, is convenient to have around so those may be worth giving some consideration to as well.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.