New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: All Wired Up

"Maybe. Time isn't on our side. At least if you choose to believe the informant."

Dolt. Longshot made a note to press Emmy about the potential CPI mission at the end of the week. She probably wouldn't be helpful, but at least it was something.

"If everything checks out, then you can send the reports in." Longshot said. "As for me, I'm done for the night. So we should figure out where to put every pony."

He went to grab a blanket.

Spoiler: @Elbeyon
    Show
    Emerald's bed is in the main room. Sniper set it up there while Love was rough housing.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Spamalot in the Playground

Rose is about to comment on Emmy, but when Love walks off to see for herself, Rose just shrugs and doesn't answer that question. She instead taps her hind hooves together very slowly. "I don't know that there's enough room for all of us to sleep here. The zebras have a room, if Spark the EverReady battery should clear it of any spy devices that may be hidden there by wire's staff. I can attempt to throw some illusion over Anaki so it looks like the zebras stayed here, but we quietly move some back to their room. If wire comes in the night for Anaki, then he'll likely come here first."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Star isn't on Love's bedding to begin with, but she gets up and slips in beside her. She nuzzles her. "Welcome back."

Emerald is doing well. She seems to have settled down for the moment.

Soft music begins to play, coming from the high corner of the room. "Good evening, everyone," Cello's voice comes, prim and proper, "As per popular request, I will be providing soothing music to wind things down and send you off to sleep. Please enjoy. And if you do not wish to listen, simply hit the switch beside your light-switch to shut me up. I won't mind. Promise."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Love gives a hoof up after she checks if Emerald is sleeping. "Still sleeping. The after effect is going to be horrible." She personally nanobugs the Mare.

She returns to her hastily abandoned spot and lays on top of the covers next to Star. "I feel welcomed! Let me return the feeling." Love will nuzzle her back.

The report on her day is still being written up even if her hoofs don't show it.

"Shouldn't we talk about our counter proposed plan once everypony is up to date?" Love gestures toward Scope's report for everypony's benefit.

To Rose, "The idea was to limit our work, so another room... It is pretty crowded... The bedroom could be used to help with the extra load."

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Soft music begins to play, coming from the high corner of the room. "Good evening, everyone," Cello's voice comes, prim and proper, "As per popular request, I will be providing soothing music to wind things down and send you off to sleep. Please enjoy. And if you do not wish to listen, simply hit the switch beside your light-switch to shut me up. I won't mind. Promise."
    "Huh, someone sounds like a miserable employee."

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    "Shouldn't we talk about our counter proposed plan once everypony is up to date?" Love gestures toward Scope's report for everypony's benefit.

To Rose, "The idea was to limit our work, so another room... It is pretty crowded... The bedroom could be used to help with the extra load."
    "The..?" Rose scans her copy of all the notes and reports they wrote. "Okay, so changelings plan to... take over this place? What are we counter-offering?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I'm going to be characteristically-- uncharacteristically-- buck it all if I know or care what you think of me." Longshot grouched.

He sighed and tried to keep his temper in check. "Sorry. I'm sorry. I know I'm not myself right now. Until I sleep and replace what I lost, you don't want me strategizing or thinking. I need some equilibrium. Can we do this in the morning?"

His gaze slid to the speaker and Cello's music. He pressed a hoof to his head. Still didn't know what to do there...

7. - Top - End - #97

Can we... work out sleep tonight in the morning? Okay yeah, you are really tired. Rose just shakes her head and goes to stack furniture off to the side to make room for her zebra friends.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #98

Star yawns and flops onto the pillow in front of her. "Yeah. Sleep sounds good. I need sleep or coffee."

Seafire looks around and looks at Brazen. "Well...we have the bedroom to ourselves still, right?"

The eight zebras stare at her.

"Right," she sighs, "Just checking."

9. - Top - End - #99

Rose coordinates with the zebras and EDF so everyone has some crash space. She can sleep on the carpet, it probably won't be so bad considering her legs can't 'fall asleep' like they used to.

After finding everyone a place to sleep, Rose will curl up in a corner to finish reading the reports and then just stay up for a while on guard duty.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Ah! She recognizes that music. It's so good. To Rose, "She is Wire's slave. He owns her." Love attaches her goggles to her computer and offers the visual over to Rose. "We went to see her perform. She is very good as you can tell."

"I'll take the night shifts."

Love goes into planning mode until Scope says to save it for later. "It's OK Scope. Take the night. You, we can rest", she answers him. "I'm here if you need me", she says softly in vague language. She really hopes she isn't overstepping...
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-04-16 at 10:05 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Is Love going to do anything about the bugs near the Jumanji Spoof location?

Longshot will assist with making space for every pony. Once they've got a place to bunk, he'll make sure that Emerald Shine is attended to-- No. No, don't think like that. Don't go there.

Paperwork comes next. The reports are sorted, read and passed onto Command. Wildcat will probably rip his face off for all the mistakes. Oh well...

"If there weren't so many ears about the place, I'd be more than happy to talk." He told Shock. "But there are ears. Maybe later."

An alarm was set to get him up a bit earlier than the others. He wanted to look through his 'library book' before anything happened.

He bunker down next to the door and prepared to crash and crash hard. May he not have the dream about Celestia using him to wipe all life off of Equestria again. It was starting to get a little old.
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2018-04-16 at 11:19 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Love will give it a try!

Wire's encryption needs cracked.
    There is an entire days worth of captured radio signals to sort out (the encrypted ones might be juicy).
    Love has all her other video/audio recordings to go over.
    She did manage (thanks to Scope!) to collect her MicroBots that had been going around spying all day. (Cross my heart!)
    If the changeling's turn their system back on, Love will take a peek inside.
    Some MicroBot walks tonight, maybe?

Any suggestions?

"Yeah... It's a shame about that." Love will give him a soft genuine smile to try to let him know it's alright.

Love smiles real big as Star prepares for sleep. She leans over Star, fluffs her pillow, loosely tucks her in, whispers, "Sleep well, beautiful. May your long wings glide you to a restful night", a quick stroke of the mane, and a, "I love you." She drops her voice even lower and whispers some more into her ear. She raises up with a soft smile and rubs her own mane.

Love will give up her bedding since she won't be sleeping any tonight. Another night of too much work to do. That'd make this the 174th night without sleep this month... It sure would be nice to wake up to Star...

She sits there with her gun in her hoofs and her thoughts connected to her computer. Her closeness to Star will have to do as Bae doesn't have a FleshBot tonight. She brushes SunShine's mane as her very special pony settles in for the night.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-04-17 at 01:08 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103

Ah! She recognizes that music. It's so good. To Rose, "She is Wire's slave. He owns her." Love attaches her goggles to her computer and offers the visual over to Rose. "We went to see her perform. She is very good as you can tell."
    "Huh, she's a robot? Robot slave? Why am I not surprised by Wire's choice in women?" Rose says/asks looking at the images.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #104

The zebra, seeming content to sleep in nooks and crannies for now, find locations around the room to curl up in. It seems everypony is falling asleep, lulled by the soothing tones of Cello's music.

Perhaps it's best to let things lie until morning and have a meeting before heading to breakfast. By then, Wildcat and Red Tape should have responded to the info and given their orders/advice.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Love's conclusion/opinion pieces make it clear that she thinks bugbutts plan is an unacceptable choice. She'll keep her report professional, but in the areas were it is acceptable for her to draw personal conclusions she does so in a professional manner to the follies of the plan. She wants to try to draft a new plan with Bugbutt.

The images are more video taken from Love's eyeballs.

"She might be a robot. I'm still working on how to tell you everything but here." Love takes the computer core out of her backpack and gives the rough draft to Rose. "I'll need that right back."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-04-17 at 01:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Everything that needed to be done was done. His equipment and armor were set up at the ready so they could be used at moment's notice, he was parked by the door. His was a prime position to shoot any midnight visitors in the back.

Longshot turned away from Roxy and Love. He tuned them out. Let the girls talk. He wanted sleep... so sleep he did.

17. - Top - End - #107

Show
    She wants to try to draft a new plan with Bugbutt.

Love takes the computer core out of her backpack and gives the rough draft to Rose. "I'll need that right back."
    Show
    O_o`

Rose holds the core draft thing and... um, what? She pokes at the document a few times. "Where do you ponies have the bloody time to write these things?" She reads through the draft, skimming for anything especially relevant to this plan of Chrysalis'.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-04-17 at 01:49 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    O:

Love basically gave Rose a hard drive.

"It's in progress. I'm doing it now." Love taps her head.

"Let's talk in the morning."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-04-17 at 02:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

Show
    Love basically gave Rose a hard drive.

"It's in progress. I'm doing it now." Love taps her head.

"Let's talk in the morning."
    Show
    Uh... just the hard drive? Cause Rose can't read just a hard drive. She needs the whole computer.

"Fine, fine... have a good night." Rose waves her off and returns to her corner, watching over the sleeping ponies.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #110

Love spends the night trawling through data, looking for information. She's sure the overheard conversations would be very useful if she knew who was speaking and what they were talking about. However, it does show her just how ugly everyone here really is. Callous, cold, evil. They spill blood at the drop of a hat, split up families and burn houses just to solidify their power, and gamble away the future of children over trifles. This is where wars start, not over food or water, but over an insult or a lost card game. Ponies will die because of a dice roll gone wrong where someone lost just a little too much for their liking. This is no place for Equestrians.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll to hack the encrypted signals. Also, tell me what all you're looking for.

The microbots tell much of the same story.

Morning eventually comes, though it comes a bit early when Emerald Shine rolls off her bed and lands on her still very-injured shoulder.

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Morning eventually comes, though it comes a bit early when Emerald Shine rolls off her bed and lands on her still very-injured shoulder.
    "Mmph, three deathclaws to the face..." Rose stirs and awakens. The call of pain from her patient forces her up and trotting over to Emmy. She weaves around all the ponies sleeping on the floor. Rose taps her head and then levitates her medical bag over.

"Alright now, the doctor is up. Yawn... let's check that shoulder." She takes a moment to focus and then checks that Emmy didn't hurt herself.

Physician (3d6)[6]+Coffee vs. 16 -6 hours sleep
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

At Emerald's scream, Longshot snapped away with such force that he went airborne. He hovered in place, above the others, as his head cleared. Right. Just a dream. And an outside scream that coincided a bit too well with dream events.

He flew over the others and landed next to Emmy.

"It's alright." He tried to soothe her. "Just a... rough landing."

"Need any help?" He asked Roxy.

23. - Top - End - #113

Emerald clenches her teeth as she is lifted back into bed. "Not...not the best alarm clock," she says apologetically. She blinks at the many heads staring back at her. "When did...when did all the zebras..."

Her shoulder will need to be reset now, unfortunately. It got jarred out of place by that fall. Might be better to tie her down when she sleeps too.

24. - Top - End - #114

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    "Need any help?" He asked Roxy.
    "Yep. Hold her down. I have to pop her shoulder back into place and reset it."

Rose goes into her bag to pull out a smooth stick she puts it in Emmy's mouth sideways for her to bite on. "I won a really good game of Life. Anyway, your shoulder? I won't lie, this is going to hurt. But I will make it super quick and then it'll feel better and I'll give you some pain meds for the edge."

Rose counts down, three two one... reset!

Doctoring: (3d6)[15] vs. 16

She will cast a minor healing spell (success, +3 HP) to move the process of healing faster and then give Emmy some medication to sooth the pain down.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-04-17 at 03:24 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"The zebras are allies. You let us worry about them."

Longshot snapped his wings and gently landed on the opposite side of Roxy. He braced himself against Emerald to hold the mare in place.

"Sorry about this." He said. "Soon as we can we'll get you situated and something to eat."

Food was always a good distraction, right?

26. - Top - End - #116

"Wha inna th--AHHHHH!" Emerald writhes around a bit when her should pops back into place. But after a few seconds, she begins to calm down. Her pelt is covered in sweat and her mane is a mess, but she is going to be alright.

Her chest heaves and she glowers at Rose. "Thank you," she says, words not matching her emotions.

27. - Top - End - #117

Rose gets a couple wipes from a tube and cleans off the sweat. One dose of pain meds and Emmy should be alright in about... 15-20 minutes, however long it takes for the drugs to kick in. It's not a heavy dose. Don't need her knocked out just yet. Food first.

"You are welcome. Now then, would you like something to eat?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

As ponies start to wake up, Love stands up from her guard dog position, loses the gear, and tries to smoothly lay down/embrace her special pony before she fully wakes up. The scream causes her to flinch and hug Star tighter.

She raises her head to try to get a look at what the trio are doing. Are they preforming surgery on her!? To Roxy, as Shock, "The food here is pretty good. We should eat our fill while we have a chance."

29. - Top - End - #119

"The food here is pretty good. We should eat our fill while we have a chance."
    "Take orders and go with a couple others to buy food for the room then?" Rose asks in anticipation
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #120

"Yes," Emerald says, no hesitation whatsoever.

Star rolls over and rubs her eyes. "What time is it?"

"5:45," Anaki answers.

Star falls back onto her pillow. "Wake me when the sun is up..."