New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

confused Playonlinux is unable to find 32/64 bits opengl libraries (solved, but can't delete)

I am having trouble running some games with Wine through Playonlinux and after a lot of work found out that they seem to require OpenGL. I tried to use a virtual drive that uses Win7 and there I also get OpenGL errors. I did install the latest nvidia drivers and the computer seems to be running fine now, but the original problem still exists as neither Playonlinux nor Virtualbox can't use OpenGL. When starting Playonlinux, I got two error messages stating "Playonlinux is unable to find 32/64 bits opengl libraries" for a while, They don't pop up anymore, but I didn't change anything, nor did the problem go away.

It seems to be some problem with either missing libraries or the libraries not being properly listed somewhere. Any clue how I could start to fix this?

Seems to be something to do with this:

0026:err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winebus.sys": libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Fedora 27 4.15.13 (KDE) and a GeForce GT 735M with the NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-384.130 driver.

--

Turns out adding xorg-x11-drv-nvidia solved it. Don't know why, don't kow how, but the suggestion came up in one result that my searching showed.
    Last edited by Yora; 2018-04-14 at 04:47 AM.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying