New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default A new artist wants to draw! ...where do I put things...

Heh. I couldn't imagine that without a Smash 4 style Splash Card.

But yes, putting my balls on stream, particularly for one friend whom I suspect still frequents this section, but I want to get back into drawing. Despite never really knowing how in the first place; I used to doodle all the time when I was young, but that was... almost 15 years ago, boy am I feeling my age.

In any case, I figured I'd make a thread I might periodically come back to every now and then for various projects, as well as getting the brilliant idea to ask a question.

I'd always been used to the way Deviant Art has its layout set up, where you've got easy folder/subfolder access to stuff you draw, and can take/gain criticism on your arts, and what not. It's layout is super nice, and I'm kind of attached to it.

However, I've been made aware that Deviant Art's business practices in regards to your art is super evil and I shouldn't start drawing and putting stuff up there for that reason. But I wouldn't know where else to host images with a similar level of ease/compatibility. I've been told I should do it on Tumblr, but I'm not the biggest fan of how it works/the lack of organization there, either...

I've looked up a few other places, and don't really know which one would be best. Before trying to search too much further, I thought see what peeps on the forum typically use!

And once I figure something out, I figured I might link such images over here, preferably to gain potential tips into how to get good at this!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A new artist wants to draw! ...where do I put things...

I used to use Dropbox, they've been really handy before the change away from public folders.

Nowadays I'd probably use Imgur, it's easy enough to upload to and share images from.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Default Re: A new artist wants to draw! ...where do I put things...

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Heh. I couldn't imagine that without a Smash 4 style Splash Card.

But yes, putting my balls on stream, particularly for one friend whom I suspect still frequents this section, but I want to get back into drawing. Despite never really knowing how in the first place; I used to doodle all the time when I was young, but that was... almost 15 years ago, boy am I feeling my age.

In any case, I figured I'd make a thread I might periodically come back to every now and then for various projects, as well as getting the brilliant idea to ask a question.

I'd always been used to the way Deviant Art has its layout set up, where you've got easy folder/subfolder access to stuff you draw, and can take/gain criticism on your arts, and what not. It's layout is super nice, and I'm kind of attached to it.

However, I've been made aware that Deviant Art's business practices in regards to your art is super evil and I shouldn't start drawing and putting stuff up there for that reason. But I wouldn't know where else to host images with a similar level of ease/compatibility. I've been told I should do it on Tumblr, but I'm not the biggest fan of how it works/the lack of organization there, either...

I've looked up a few other places, and don't really know which one would be best. Before trying to search too much further, I thought see what peeps on the forum typically use!

And once I figure something out, I figured I might link such images over here, preferably to gain potential tips into how to get good at this!
    Hey,

You can put your things on below's site's:

deviantart.com
    photos.google.com
    postimg.org
    imageshack.com
    photobucket.com
    fotolog.com
    pbase.com
    ebaumsworld.com
    imgur.com
    yogile.com
    imagebam.com

Also, You can use these websites for multipurpose.
    Last edited by casadeyra; 2018-04-27 at 08:16 AM.