New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale III

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post
    I have suggested that idea (but for the whole thing) so many times!
    Yes, but now we actually have a coherent storyline. Before it was pretty much everyone killing everyone with some random unknown revification method allowing them to take revenge. (I resolved that personally with my Clone legions and Teleport, but that's a first)

EDIT: Four hours and we're at 151 posts!

EDIT II: Okay, now for something productive:
    1. In Avatar Battle Royale II, Threeshades appeared and was quickly caught under the (rarely utilised) influence of True Domination by Lyinginbedmon.
    2. Threeshades then became the target of an infatuation from the Almighty Salmon. When Threeshades rejected Salmon, he summoned his minion Leroy to perform the traditional aerial crashing.
    3. However, Threeshades and Leroy fell in love on sight. Almighty Salmon attempted to eliminate Leroy for his treachery, but was foiled by Threeshades at the last minute.
    4. The pair fled, leaving Salmon dazed momentarily. When he regained his senses he began following their trail.
    5. The lovebirds encountered Lyinginbedmon and requested transport assistance. Begrudgingly, Lyinginbedmon used his free token to use a loaned Omnigate to grant them a trip to a distant location, whilst creating an illusion to fool trackers.
    6. Bloody Red Commie (BRC) joined up with Almighty Salmon as payment for Salmon's borrowing of a mind control device. Immediately after this joining, Salmon was attacked by Calamity, who he had pushed past in pursuit of Leroy and Threeshades. BRC attacked Calamity, who was eventually beheaded by the enigmatic Dr Bath, for him a non-fatal but termporarily debilitating wound. They then encountered KPenguin, who thought that Lyinginbedmon had sent them to another plane. The trio fooled entirely, they Plane Shifted to a place known only as the Blank Plane. Here, Lyinginbedmon's complex illusion left them stuck in an imaginary realm in the private bathroom of Yeril, the Dollmaster Kobold.
    7. Back on the Material Plane, Lyinginbedmon found the Fortress of Vengeance whilst listening to his minion's (Threeshades') thoughts. He claimed the commandless fortress for himself, finding a trio of skeletons in the back room which he assumed to be the previous owners. However, his glee at acquiring the fortress forced it into his illusion holding the pursuing Salmon & Co.
    8. Threeshades became confused by the interplanar travel and had an extremely brief affair with Oscar while thinking she was still running from Salmon on the Material Plane. Threeshades' confusion was broken by Leroy and she tried to explain herself when Salmon and his team showed up.
    9. The group were joined subsequently by a number of unlikely visitors, all of whom had in some way been grasped by the predicament, either directly through Salmon or Threeshades & Leroy, or through related actions occuring elsewhere.
    10. Threeshades became angered by the sheer quantity of people intruding into her love life, so used her "quick dress-up" monk bonus feat to dress up in a free action and popped back into the material plane with Leroy where she went to the Fortress of vengeance. She had a duel with Yeril (Having pursued and tracked her with his Mikonet) who ended up joining her to defend the fortress.
    11. Salmon & Co. returned to the Material Plane in full pursuit, despite Salmon's lack of any Spot capabilities. They found their way to the Chamaeleon Fortress, thinking it to be the Fortress of Vengeance, where they encountered Randomiser, who had stolen the fortress from Lyinginbedmon earlier in the year after eradicating one of his Clone legions. Lyinginbedmon watched this encounter through divination from the real fortress, as Threeshades and her allies fortified their new stronghold.
    12. Calamity regained his head and returned through Plane Shift to the Material Plane, where Randomiser's missing mount allowed him to reach the Fortress of Stronghold ahead of Salmon & Co. Not finding his enemy, KPenguin, he decided to join up with Threeshades and her allies (And, technically, Master) in the interim.
    13. KPenguin (As the only spellcasting member) was sent ahead of the rest of Salmon's group as a scout. Using invisibility, he managed to enter the Fortress relatively undetected, but was caught thinking out loud by Calamity. After a brief fight, KPenguin sent Calamity to the Blank Plane with Oscar.
    Dawn, Lyinginbedmon's first dominated minion, has not been seen since the takeover of the Fortress of Vengeance.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2007-09-04 at 02:27 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Seriously, what's taking Salmon and the rest so long?

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, just to note, I've managed to tie everything together in my last post's spoiler edit. I tried to get everything as close to a coherent story and timeline as possible.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Nitpick: It was Dr. Bath who beheaded me, not BRC.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

I Beheaded Calamity not BRC! Also: I think you got some of that a bit confused and missed out some bits.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    I Beheaded Calamity not BRC! Also: I think you got some of that a bit confused and missed out some bits.
    Feel free to correct me, I've already altered for Calamity's beheading. I've tried to remember everything, whilst tying it all together to make coherent sense.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2007-09-03 at 03:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

You missed out the whole Oscar bit! That is the best bit so far!

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    You missed out the whole Oscar bit! That is the best bit so far!
    True, but as writ by Threeshades it didn't actually happen, so I've written it as being a sophisticated illusion. Therefore, Oscar didn't exist and Salmon failed his Will save to disbelieve his existence and subsequent betrayal.

...I'll add that part in.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

But that doesn't make any sense. We spent 4 or 5 strips on that storyline!
    And if it didn't happen NONE of us would've left the the material plane. Meaning that the others would've reached the fortress by now.
    Last edited by Calamity; 2007-09-03 at 04:05 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    But that doesn't make any sense. We spent 4 or 5 strips on that storyline!
    I did say it was complex illusion didn't I? There's little other ways I can in any tie it together given the in-context actions of other members whilst also keeping with Threeshades' declaration of it not happening. As she and Almighty Salmon are the originators of the storyline, I'm trying to keep what they state explicitly as canon.

Simply put, there was an illusion spell cast which confounded all of the involved members right up until Lyinginbedmon got fixated with the Fortress (Hence Threeshades' blurting it out, she wasn't there but my head was, so to speak)
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2007-09-03 at 04:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

But, but, why was I still in the illusion after you found the fortress? Surely that means that he plane shift spells didn't do anything at all? Oh my, There's a pile of dead catgirl bodies outside! I hope that's unrelated.
    Last edited by Calamity; 2007-09-03 at 04:11 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

You were still on the plane because the plane itself (Yeril's bathroom) wasn't part of the illusion. KPenguin took Salmon and BRC there because he saw the Omnigate and assumed I'd sent them there, but that was all part of the illusion.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Bah, the storyline being reality seemed confusing, but it all being n illusion is even more confusing. I give up. Besides that sub-plot is over.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, the Omnigate is a dual-Gate system. Through Gate, I could shoot a fireball and hit someone on the other side. So I used Major Image (We'll say, I'm sure there's something better) to produce the illusion of sending them to Yeril's Bathroom, which the second gate led to. Because I had direct line of effect to the bathroom, I extended the illusion into it, thereby laying a trap for anyone that tried to follow them without disbelieving the effect.

It's not really confusing, just very well thought out. As I said before, I did actually aim the Omnigate at Yeril's Bathroom. I also hinted at the whole thing when I said (In the afterthought on Omnigate design) that they had tactical advantages.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2007-09-03 at 04:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Well, technically, he did ask for it.

Spoiler
    Show

Thusly armed, the goblin searches for more victims/ingredients.

FEAR MY CRAPPY PAINT SKILLZ!
    Slain...
    Spoiler
    Show

and...

needing another attacker...

EDIT: The more the merrier!
    Last edited by Omega; 2007-09-03 at 04:23 PM.
    Peace, peace~

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

i corrected myself and made the part where threeshades is running acroos the green plains with leroy and salmon finds the coffee corpse an illusion. however i would like to give a little sequelization

little reminder to prevent confusion: The fortress of vengeance is blue on the inside and red on the outside.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2007-09-03 at 04:33 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

In retrospect I should probably keep a better leash on my dominated minions...

So am I all caught up to date with the timeline now?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    In retrospect I should probably keep a better leash on my dominated minions...

So am I all caught up to date with the timeline now?
    Not quite. Everything that happened on the blank plane actually was real (except that it was yeril's bathroom, that's not canon) Threeshades had some time with oscar while she thought she was still running from salmon in the material plane. Threeshades ended up waked by leroy and tried to explain herself when Salmon and his team showed up.
    Threeshades being pissed off of so many characters in the story used her "quick dress-up" monk bonus feat to dress up in a free action and popped back into the material plane with leroy where she went to the Fortress of vengeance and had a duel with Yeril who ended up joining her to defend the fortress.
    Threeshades talked to lyinginbedmon about the fortress.
    and thats where it gets less confusing

I admit the confusion is my fault.

20. - Top - End - #170

@Threeshades: Can't I join this epic adventure?
    Peace, peace~

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

@Omega
    most people invited themselves I think salmon's party is lower in numbers. maybe he would accept a new team member.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2007-09-03 at 05:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

This kind of falls on deaf ears with your new errata, though I have to admit I find my own explanation a lot less confusing than your own. Certainly easier to write into our new insta-summary (Which we can conveniently point to whenever someone asks "What the heck is going on?" )

Either way, I think it needs pointing out that the dominated is the dominant one in this relationship (Small big grin, that's got to be an oxymoron...)
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2007-09-03 at 05:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Firbolg in the Playground

Anyhoo...

remember me kpenguin? No points for getting the reference.

I'm still wondering why I'm not in any of the poster(s). I've been here since AVB I, been posting regularly when my computer's working. Stopped the madness of the randomshadows army (created by randomizer, not I), It's not like this guy is hard to draw:

Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2007-09-03 at 05:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

Why is that whenever you're just about to finish a picture. your computer crashes on you

I also forgot to save it..

I'll have to start from scratch

Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

@Almighty Salmon: Can I join up with you?
    Peace, peace~

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I'm off to sleep now, so there won't be any Master mage or timeline errata until (my) morning. For those wondering, I'm at GMT+1, so it's almost half-past 11 PM here.

In the meantime, don't go into the back room of the Fortress... (Seriously, I mean it)
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2007-09-03 at 05:21 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Seriously, I got corrupted by that room when I saw it, why do you think I wear a mask all the time.

28. - Top - End - #178

Good way to dodge the encounter threeshades

@Omega: Ofcourse you can! We're outnumbered and could use another member to make it even. The others members drew themselves and our team meeting and joining up though. You should probably do that too.

Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was out for a few days. We're already on #3?
    I do my own avatars, as well as other people's.
    Artwork Portfolio

30. - Top - End - #180

So due to space/time concerns I couldn't fit all the stuff in. Here is the entire story. Threeshades found leroy, but then shades of Gray was wearing a Leroy costume, Shades of gray leaped out. Threeshades thought Shade was just ashamed of his face so hid himself under the salmon costume. Threeshades still loves "Leroy" so she doesn't care how his face looks. Shades of Gray shows Threeshades his face and she gets turned into stone. He acually killed Leroy. and was hiding under his flesh, that's how evil shades is.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2007-09-03 at 05:49 PM.