New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Online Video/Audio de-synchronization

When I'm watching online videos, the audio and video start out synchronized, but within a few minutes, the video is behind the sound by about a half second, and it gets worse the longer the video runs. If I hit pause, the audio and video re-sync. But of course, they are noticeably out-of-sync again in a few minutes.

Anyone know why this happens? Is there anything I can do to get them to sync properly for the full duration of a video?
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2018-04-18 at 03:14 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Online Video/Audio de-synchronization

Use different videos? IME it is usually specific to the file that was uploaded, and using another player or another website clears it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Online Video/Audio de-synchronization

YouTube, Vimeo, it doesn't seem to make a difference. At home, or at work, with Firefox or Chrome, within 4-5 minutes the audio and video are noticeably out-of-sync.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season