New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Time Paradox WW 2: Let's Do The Time Warp Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I'm puzzled by one thing. The wolves who died lost even if their team won?
    I know it's different from normal, but it was partually to make it so that there was no scenario in which both Young Joe and Old Joe win.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    And... yeah, as a town PR maybe don't be completely honest with people you don't have a really good reason to trust? Actually, I'm a little confused about what Extrail actually said to make you trust him.
    What lie would I have told him that would have been helpful? I suppose I could have decided to not inform him of your PM, but that's about it. And Extrail didn't necessarily say something that made me trust him, he just sent me the PM first. It was a horrible idea looking back at it, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

The order of the phases was D3, N1, D1 (your claim), N3 (my scry), D2, N2.
    So I scried you right after your claim and then contacted you immediately after getting the scry result.
    Oh, I am sorry. I thought D3 corresponded to N3, which was a massive mistake on my part. Sorry about that.

Also Xihirli I don't know if you're reading this, but you may have a new contender for Most Damage Caused by Trusting the Wrong Person.
    Well, at least I accomplished something.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Requilac you trusting me did very little to hurt your side. How do i know this? ramsus was also infiltrating the qt. So, at most the qt would have you 3 in it, and might have caused more harm as ramsus could more easily convince elenna to do things that would help out the wolves. So in fact yes it might have been better that you did trust me in the end. and elenna revealed herself on day 2, where the 4 man group of ramsus, lordargon, gamergur and i could work together. So yes in reality, Ramsus would suggest Elenna to scry me, and I'd scry myself to cause scry interference, and same thing happens all over again. So no it didn't cause a lot of harm that you trusted in me, as the bane of night 3 you did on yourself had no effect, and we had a roleblocker that roleblocked your power night 2 as we didn't want to mess around with you possibly baning yourself.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2018-06-23 at 04:49 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Extrail View Post
    Requilac you trusting me did very little to hurt your side. How do i know this? ramsus was also infiltrating the qt. So, at most the qt would have you 3 in it, and might have caused more harm as ramsus could more easily convince elenna to do things that would help out the wolves. So in fact yes it might have been better that you did trust me in the end.
    So trusting Ramsus was my big mistake then? I am not surprised.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Well, it depends on whether I would have still scried Extrail had I known that Ramsus knew that I was going to scry him... which... yeah, probably I would have, because I don't think the possibility that he would have told the wolves so they could cause interference would have occurred to me. And even if it did, I had no reason to think that Ramsus was in contact with the wolves.

Actually, thinking about it some more, Extrail probably contacted Ramsus because he knew he was not a neutral, so he knew Ramsus was the neutral that Logic was talking about. So I guess I did have a reason to think that. Oh well, hindsight is 20-20.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Nope pure luck on day 3. You guys were going to lynch me and I lucked into allying with both that day. Well gamergur wanted me to scry him making the network official start of day 1 regardless of who logic scried

I remember that i asked him if he wanted me to defend him since he was an ally of mine.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2018-06-23 at 10:18 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    I object to this assumption. If you hadn't included Extrail in the QT too and had included Elenna or shown you were being more cautious or some such I might have made more of an effort to play both sides. There were many places in the game where I could have been persuaded (by myself mainly) to make the game more chaotic and fun if the opportunities had been readily available.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gamergur, you lucky bastard :-)

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rakkoon View Post
    Gamergur, you lucky bastard :-)
    I was laughing so hard, and I feel so bad about it. Especially the message you got that morning about who Young Joe had targeted in the night.

"Young Joe targeted rakkoon in the night with his Kill power.

Oh by the way you're dead."

Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2018-06-24 at 10:33 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I object to this assumption. If you hadn't included Extrail in the QT too and had included Elenna or shown you were being more cautious or some such I might have made more of an effort to play both sides. There were many places in the game where I could have been persuaded (by myself mainly) to make the game more chaotic and fun if the opportunities had been readily available.
    The reason I almost failed in the last game is because I was too cautious and was unwilling to take any risks. If I had actually decided to trust Extrail, that game would have been ours to win. So when I had the option to put trust in others I was unsure of or not, I decided to not make the same “mistake” (at least from my POV). The fact that it was the exact same person who I refused to communicate with last game also cemented in that fact.

Unfortunately in doing so I made the rooky mistake of shifting to one strategy too extremely. I should have been prudent, when I actually have been either completely unwilling to take risk or taking an unnecessary amount of risks.
    -

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

If you learned that lesson in two games, you're doing better than almost everyone does.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    If you learned that lesson in two games, you're doing better than almost everyone does.
    This isn't my second game, it's only my second game on this forum. This is technically the seventh time I played Werewolf. I just haven't learned much because in all those other games I have never survived past Day 2.

The first time I played WW outside of this forum I was a vanillager who was night killed on N1 because the wolves were convinced I was a power role. They knew I wasn't a wolf, and I was talking much less than "an expendable normal villager were", so they falsely believed my silence was because I was actually a power role who didn't want to attract attention to themselves.

The second time I played, a wolf who was about to be lynched on D2 falsely claimed to be a seer and told the group that he scried on me last night and that I was a wolf. This was a lie, I was just a vanillager, but they lynched me anyway.

The third time I played WW outside of this forum, I was a baner who was lynched D1. I role claimed and begged them not too lynch me, but there were convinced I was lying because of my body language and did it anyway.

The fourth time I played WW outside of this forum, I was a devil (wolf seer) who was killed on D2 by a witch. The seer had scried me N1, and then contacted the person he assumed was the witch and requested her to kill me.

If you can't tell, I need to get better at this game.
    -

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Just realized that out of the three people i considered scrying that last night, only one of them wasn't a wolf... and guess who I chose to scry. Not that it would have mattered, but still.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just realized that out of the three people i considered scrying that last night, only one of them wasn't a wolf... and guess who I chose to scry. Not that it would have mattered, but still.
    Trust your instincts.
    Be one with the wolves and thou shalt know them.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!