New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Time Paradox WW 2: Let's Do The Time Warp Again!

I'm most likely the last Time Guardian, and you can see they can almost die, then survive it. Do not lynch me. You tried to lynch me and I survived it. It's not likely a power that wolves have. Mind you, even if you don't lynch me, wolves are likely to take me out. You are just hurting town.

Gamergur you started this wagon, i'm voting for you.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2018-06-20 at 02:08 AM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like town would have better reasons than "because someone was the first to vote for me today" at this point in the game, so Lady Tialait.
    As for the defense that only town can have multiple lives, that's actually not super plausible because multiple members of town did. It would be pretty uneven for there to be three wolves and multiple town members having multiple lives without anything of the kind on the wolf side too. So yeah.... that argument makes it more likely you're a wolf, not less.
    Edit: And we know for a fact now that Requilac was the baner now. And I never bought the whole "there are two town baners" claim.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2018-06-20 at 01:03 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

None of the the Wolves who were killed had a survival mechanic, and two of the three Time Guardian's who died had one. I won't survive this lynch. I am a baner.

My reason isn't just that Gamergur was the start of the current train, but the fact he started the first time a lynch was started at me. But, I guess anything I say will have you lynch me. Another baner dead every cycle, great way to lose a game assuming Ramsus isn't a wolf, and I'm starting to suspect it.

Edit: You know what? If there is really only one wolf left. I agree, Lady Tialait should be lynched. It'll get the heat on someone who really could be a wolf.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2018-06-20 at 08:30 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

4. - Top - End - #184
    Gamergur
    Guest in the Playground

We don't know if the two wolves who were killed had a survival mechanic or not. They actually could have but the vigilante killing them might have been a work around against their respective survival mechanic.

Edit: Also Lex-kat was an actual wolf who suspected ramsus in killing her. She wasn't saying that ramsus was a wolf but rather that ramsus was a neutral vigilante. Since wolves can't kill their own, and if ramsus was the wolf with a night kill he'd have brought her inside his network instead.
    Last edited by Gamergur; 2018-06-20 at 11:43 AM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

BTW, we should lynch the last wolf day 4 or 5, not day 6.

After the first group of phases there were 6 players left. I'm guessing one wolf, one neutral, and four villagers. If we lynch non-wolves days 4 and 5, and the wolf kills a non-wolf night 4 and 5, then the wolf wins because they will be one of only two players left on day 6.

So I agree that Lady Tialait is likely the last wolf, but let's lynch her some other phase. (I'd also be down for the vig shooting her night 4 or 5).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    I'm most likely the last Time Guardian, and you can see they can almost die, then survive it.
    Um, isn't everyone on the town side called a Time Guardian? Somehow I'm pretty sure you're not the last one.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2018-06-20 at 02:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

We can just lynch her all of the previous days too I guess? No reason to not lynch her today really.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2018-06-20 at 03:27 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    We can just lynch her all of the previous days too I guess? No reason to not lynch her today really.
    Yeah, true. Just wanted to make sure we don't lynch her and then go "well, the game didn't end, better lynch other people."
    I'm still going to leave my vote where it is. Just in case of the unlikely event that a) we lynch her on an earlier day and b) enough people survive lynches/kills that the Day 6 lynch matters, I want to make sure someone gets lynched today (as opposed to causing a no lynch because everyone's voting for someone who's dead).
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Yeah, lynch me today, and start thinking of who to lynch next. It makes sense. Who is next, sense I'm town.

Edit: Don't waste lynches by lynching me again and again. That is so bad. i'm not a wolf. You guys should be looking for the wolf. Town will lose if you just lynch the same non-wolf every day.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2018-06-20 at 07:06 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yeah, lynch me today, and start thinking of who to lynch next. It makes sense. Who is next, sense I'm town.

Edit: Don't waste lynches by lynching me again and again. That is so bad. i'm not a wolf. You guys should be looking for the wolf. Town will lose if you just lynch the same non-wolf every day.
    We can't lynch the same non-wolf every day. If we lynch you on an earlier day, someone else (currently LordArgon) will be lynched D6.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Good to know, yeah keep lynching me then. I'll put my vote on someone. Like. Ramsus or something.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I will continue voting for Lady Tialait.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

My day phase vote count
    Lordargon:Elenna
    Lady Tialait: Gamergur, Extrail, Ramsus and Lordargon
    Ramsus: Lady Tialait.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Day 6 is over.

With the past now set in stone, and the future still fluctuating, the few that remained mostly blamed one that had escaped death before. This time, the lesson had been learned, and the gathered time manipulators just shot them rather than risk getting close.

Lady Tialait died.

Night 5 begins now, and will end in ~48 hours.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

6 people left in this game. 3 nights for wolf to kill on, and Lord Argon getting lynched n6.

IF i'm telling the truth (I am) then wolf wins. 4 town are left.

D6 Lord Argon lynched
    N5 Wolf kills town
    D5 Town Lynches 2nd Place
    N4 Wolf kills Town
    D4 Town Lynches Me.

5 Town die. Wolf Wins.

The second place in D5 needs to be clearly a wolfy person other then me.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Gamergur
    Guest in the Playground

Alright so let's analyze that. Umm can't we just have first place on day 5 be the wolf? he won't kill himself, and the only way for him to die is if town kills him sooner, so i think that's solid enough motivation. so really lady tialait day 5 is the wolf if we're right and you turn out to not be the wolf which is unlikely, and if we're wrong, but we have the wolf at second place, he'd rather not kill himself day 5, so he'd probably let that person die on day 5, and focus his efforts somewhere else. Ultimately i doubt that would turn out that way unless both the first and second place were town that yeah i can't see the rationale behind second place being killed instead of first.

Now we also know that there were 4 town, 1 neutral, and 1 wolf when we started this due to elenna pointing out the most likely situation so, all he would need to do is to have 3 town die in the first 4 phases. Which i don't know about you lady tialait, but yeah day 6 really doesn't matter. The wolfs either going to die earlier, or the town will be killed off by then. But there's something interesting about this. If we have at the very least 1 town with 2 lives instead of one, and they are attempted to be killed during the night we win. As well They can be trusted from then on. Especially if the vigilante wasn't the one who targeted them, since well the vigilante can kill anyone. And with ramsus or extrail being a neutral it's unlikely that the wolf would target them since killing a neutral is pointless and even if it turned out that ramsus was a wolf for instance he wouldn't target himself, and he wouldn't target a neutral since that's a waste of a kill. So the wolf would probably choose me, lordargon, or elenna during the night for both nights. Which means lady tialait if you truly aren't a wolf like you claim, bane one of those three. At least that's my analysis of what's happening.
    Last edited by Gamergur; 2018-06-21 at 09:31 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I've already banned one of those people before your post.

I was lynched and survived, if that makes someone trustworthy why am I still suspicious? Are we now going to trust anyone who survives lynching? That logic is inconsistent.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Gamergur
    Guest in the Playground

I've already banned one of those people before your post.

I was lynched and survived, if that makes someone trustworthy why am I still suspicious? Are we now going to trust anyone who survives lynching? That logic is inconsistent.
    From the very beginning of the game we know that a wolf who nightkills another wolf they are brought into the network, and are not actually killed by the nightkill. And i doubt that would change just by them targeting themselves if they even could. Assuming a wolf could nightkill themselves it is still the worst play for them since there's 5 people ripe for the nightkill to be targeting. With those men down, he can actually win the game. It doesn't matter if someone is killed by a lynch as you clearly show there's no real info gained if they survive one lynch. Besides a possible seer scrying them to check them out later which thus far has failed to be done as far as I'm aware. So no we should not trust someone who survives a lynching but we should trust those who were nightkilled by the wolf.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

And if Vigi attacks Wolf and he survives? We trust him?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Gamergur
    Guest in the Playground

And if Vigi attacks Wolf and he survives? We trust him?
    Of course not. So your asking how can we tell the difference? well think about it, the vigilante in every description avatarvecna has made thus far has used a sniper rifle. Now all we need to do is figure out through context clues, what scenario is most likely if the vigilante even shoots at the wolf during the night. Thus far he's been pretty successful as every wolf dead thus far has been by his hands, but as seen by night 2 he isn't completely accurate on the wolves. So we know he doesn't know who the wolves necessarily are. So really we should discount who the vigilante kills, and not use it as fact on either side of the alignment.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Night 5 is over.

Through the twists and turns of time, only one remained, though she didn't know it. Even as her visions pushed her onward, dark figured circled ever closer. A quick, clean shot, and it was all over...before a man stepped from the shadows, ready to stab her. He stared at the body, then at the gunman. "I thought that'd be more difficult. I think we overthought this."

"...ah well."

And that was that.

Elenna died.

I am making an executive decision to end the game here rather than dragging it out for another 200 IRL hours, given that the only chance of a non-wolf victory is for the wolves to accidentally kill themselves via time shenanigans, which is a cheap death in a well-played and possibly-not-well-balanced game.

Player Role Name Alignment Death Result
    Elenna Garnet Time Guardian N5 loss
    Extrail Visser Four Paradox Agent - WIN
    Gamergur Young Joe Neutral - WIN
    kgato503 sans Time Guardian N3 loss
    Lady Tialait Clockblocker Time Guardian D6 loss
    Lex-Kat Teatime Anarchist Paradox Agent N3 loss
    Logic Clockwork Time Guardian D3 loss
    LordArgon The Master Paradox Agent - WIN
    rakkoon Old Joe Paradox Agent N1 loss
    Ramsus Coil Neutral - WIN
    Requilac The Doctor Time Guardian N2 loss

Player Role Names/Powers
    Spoiler: Elenna/Garnet
    Show
    You are a Time Guardian, doing what you can to protect the timeline from getting screwed up. The damage to the timestream has left your futurevision shaky, but still largely reliable.

Every Night Phase, select one player. You learn that player's alignment and power.

Spoiler: Extrail/Visser Four
    Show
    You are a Paradox Agent. You've gotten your hands on a time machine, and because you can leave behind your host body in an emergency to locate another one, you're a bit harder to pin down than most, and your unassuming appearance makes it easier for you to spy on others. You have two abilities, one passive and one active:

Passive: The first time you would die, you do not. This will be announced publicly as "{player} almost died, but survived", as well as noted privately in this chat to confirm (in case something else might've prevented your death in some way).

Active: Each Night Phase, select one player; you learn the player names of anybody who targeted your target in the same night, as well as who your target targeted themselves.

Spoiler: Gamergur/Young Joe
    Show
    You are a Neutral and a Looper - when the mob wants somebody dead in the future, they send them back in time for you to kill, and you last contract is always your future self. When your future self emerged, you failed to kill him, and now he's loose and causing paradoxes; if you don't wanna get axed yourself, you have to track Old Joe down and make sure he's dead. You win the game if, regardless of which team wins, you are alive and Old Joe is dead come endgame. Old Joe and his new friends are all trying to kill everybody that tries to protect the timeline, though, so you'll need to work together to stop them. You have two abilities, one passive, one active:

Passive: If you die, Old Joe dies as well.

Active: Every Night Phase, select one player; that player is either killed or baned (your choice).

Spoiler: kgato503/sans
    Show
    You are a Time Guardian, doing what you can to protect the timeline from getting screwed up. You're pretty good at seeing danger coming, and you've got a talent for reading people, for understanding how they think and act. You have two abilities, one passive and one active:

Passive: The first time you would die, you do not. This will be announced publicly as "{player} almost died, but survived", as well as noted privately in this chat to confirm (in case something else might've prevented your death in some way).

Active: Every Night Phase, select one player; you learn that player's power.

Spoiler: Lady Tialait/Clockblocker
    Show
    You are a Time Guardian, doing what you can to protect the timeline from getting screwed up. You have the ability to freeze individuals in time for a short while, delaying their ability to act. You have two powers, one passive, one active:

Passive: You can freeze yourself quickly to escape harm, if you're lucky. The first time you would die, you do not. This will be announced publicly as "{player} almost died, but survived", as well as noted privately in this chat to confirm (in case something else might've prevented your death in some way).

During each Night Phase, you can target one player; the target they choose during this Night Phase will not count tonight, but instead will count tomorrow night (in addition to their target tomorrow night); additionally, any player targeted by your Night power cannot be killed. Please note, this ability work as if the timeline wasn't screwed up; delaying a power use on N1 means that power use will count on N2 (regardless of when N2 takes place in relation to N1). You may target yourself, but you cannot target yourself two nights in a row; again, this is in regards to the regular order, so if the first three nights went N3/N1/N2, freezing yourself on N3 means you cannot in the future/past freeze yourself on N2/N4, but freezing yourself on N1 or N5 would be fine (even though N3 and N1 follow each other in the odd chronology of the game).

Spoiler: Lex-Kat/Teatime Anarchist
    Show
    You are a Paradox Agent. You've come back into the past to alter the future, and other versions of you are out and about as well, who (while not necessarily always working in your best interests) are keeping an eye out for themselves.

Each Night, select one player. Your target's attempt to use a power tonight does not work, and you learn the details of their power.

Spoiler: Logic/Clockwork
    Show
    You are a Time Guardian, doing what you can to protect the timeline from getting screwed up. You watch over time, keeping an eye on the ebbs and flows, and this gives you more information to work with than most. You have two powers, one active, one passive:

Active: Every Night Phase, select one player. You learn who that player targets in the night, and the details of your target's power.

Spoiler: LordArgon/The Master
    Show
    You are a Paradox Agent, and a Time Lord. You are incredibly difficult to kill, particularly via timeline manipulation, and you can exert influence over lesser minds. You have two abilities, one passive and one active:

Active: Each Night Phase, select one player. That player's night power does not target anybody tonight, and they are informed of this failing.

Spoiler: rakkoon/Old Joe
    Show
    You are a Paradox Agent. You were a Looper - when the mob needed somebody dead, they'd send them back in time for you to kill, and your last contract was always your future self. You dealt with your own future self just fine, but when it came time for you to get sent to the past to die, things went screwy and you managed to survive. Your younger self is out there now, trying to track you down and protect Time Guardians sent after you and your new crew, but you're getting some of his memories.

Every Night Phase, target one player; you learn that player's power and alignment. Additionally, at the beginning of the Day Phase, you learn who Young Joe targeted the previous night, and what effect Young Joe tried to use on that target. However, this wealth of information you gain due to your paradoxical nature comes at a price: if Young Joe dies, so too do you.

Spoiler: Ramsus/Coil
    Show
    You are a Neutral, concerned only with your own survival. Fortunately, you've a rather complex power that will make that much easier, particularly if you can align yourself with a group. Your win condition is "survive to the end of the game". To this end, you have a passive ability on top of your active ability: do to your various meddlings across the timelines, the first time you would die, you do not. This will be announced publicly as "{player} almost died, but survived", as well as noted privately in this chat to confirm (in case something else might've prevented your death in some way).

In essence, your power lets you play each group of phases in two different ways, while henceforth will be referred to as Primary Timeline and Secondary Timeline. At the end of each group of phases, you can choose A) to keep your Primary Timeline, B) to keep your Secondary Timeline, or C) to have me 'choose' which Timeline is kept; if you do not choose within 48 hours of my requesting a choice, this choice will default to C. If I am 'choosing' instead of you, I will first determine if either option would result in your death; if one would, but the other would not, I will 'choose' the Timeline that results in you living; if neither Timeline would result in your death, I will roll randomly using real-world dice (odds for Primary, evens for Secondary) to avoid anybody who has scried your power from being able to glean while timeline you are keeping by looking at my Dice Thread posts. The purpose of C being an option you can choose is for if you are more worried about one of your Timelines potentially resulting in your death than you are of getting to choose which set of actions you want to keep. Until a choice is made at the end of the group of phases, all public declarations by the narrator of who is or is not dead will be made as if the Primary Timeline will be chosen, even if this turns out not to be the case.

During each Day Phase, you will cast two votes: your Primary vote in the main thread, and your Secondary vote in this QT. Additionally, you can select one player; their vote in the Primary Timeline will be the one they declare in-thread, while their vote in the Secondary Timeline will be up to you (also declared here). These choices are only locked in once a phase has ended. To avoid confusion over this admittedly-complex ability, here is an example of the format I would like this power to appear in:

"My Secondary Vote: AvatarVecna
    My Target: AvatarVecna, whose Secondary Vote will be AvatarVecna"

A note before I move on to the Day Phase portion of your power: were AvatarVecna to be a player, the above would be a legal option: you are allowed to make your target's Secondary Vote match your own (though it is by no means a requirement), and you are allowed to make your target vote for themselves if you wish.

During the Night Phase, you can select one player for your Secondary Timeline; that player will be informed that they need to choose a Secondary Target with their night power, but they will not be informed of why (at least not by me; you are perfectly allowed to do so, if you wish); they will have 48 hours to choose this Secondary Target before I determine the target via random rolling of all players not struck dead by a previous phase-group, and they will be informed of this time frame and the consequences for not choosing. However, because your power is inherently precognitive in nature, it interacts oddly with other precognitives...but saying how would ruin the fun. You will be informed of who their Secondary Target was, but nothing more (at least not by me; they could choose to do so).

All of this power comes at a slight price, however: while a True Scry will reveal you to be a Neutral, a Fool Scry will report you as a member of whichever side opposes the seer who Fool Scry'd you, and any later scries by that seer on you (even if they'd normally be true) will return the same result.

Spoiler: Requilac/The Doctor
    Show
    You are a Time Guardian and a Time Lord, doing what you can to protect the timeline from getting screwed up. You are incredibly difficult to kill, particularly via timeline manipulation, and can use this to protect others from such manipulations as well. You have two powers, one passive and one active:

Passive: The first time you would die, you don't. This will be announced publicly as "{player} almost died, but survived", as well as noted privately in this chat to confirm (in case something else might've prevented your death in some way).

Active: During the Night Phase, select one player; they are Baned tonight, incapable of being affected by any power other than yours.

So...

Town features: a power seer/alignment seer...a tough/power seer...a tough/baner/delayer...a watcher/power seer...and a tough/baner. 5 players with 8 lives, 2 baners, and 3 separate scry abilities.

Mafia features: a tough/watcher...a blocker...a tough/blocker...and a power seer/alignment seer. 4 players with 6 lives, two blockers, and two separate scry abilities.

Neutral features: a tough/town-friendly Beast with a kill-or-bane power each night...and Coil.

Spoiler: Amusing Things That Happened
    Show
    Young Joe targeted Old Joe by pure fluke on what was both the first night phase of the game and, coincidentally, N1...even though Young Joe wouldn't know it until the phase-group ended. Perhaps if Young Joe had taken out the wolf he was in contact with (just to be sure he got his target), town wouldn't have been in such a poor situation the whole game, but he did, and so they were.

Speaking of which: by the time the second day phase was rolling through, there was a three-person networking forming between one wolf and both neutrals. The other neutral - Coil - was now in a position where they had a great deal of information and influence in the game, which is exactly where they want to be.

The first night phase, everybody and their mother targeted Extrail...including The Doctor, who baned Extrail the next night phase as well, rendering a great number of townie power usages pointless.

The first night phase, Elenna scried Lex-Kat, but was delayed by Lady Tialait, preventing a possible wolf lynch on the second day phase that might've changed the flow of the game.

On N2 (the third night phase), Ramsus made Lady Tialait his target, letting Lady Tialait choose a second target to delay; she targeted Ramsus, meaning the only real paradox caused through the game involved a Time Guardian and Neutral (who, as it happens, were both from Worm).

Sometime before the end of the first phase-group, the two living wolves got in contact, and Ramsus had both of their player names; at this point, the neutral whose only goal is living, and who could get one wolf lynched today right before roles are revealed to prove his information is credible and get the other lynched the next day (using his passive power to survive the only revenge night-kill), but refuses to backstab his allies.

One wolf effectively did nothing the entire game (seeing as they basically died immediately so the actions they took never really affected much), and one wolf played only a single vote and never used their power. I'm unsure if this is a sign the game was significantly favoring the wolves, if the network really unbalanced things that much, or both.

...thoughts on the game, everybody? I feel like I screwed up on a number of things.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Well for my part I greatly enjoyed the game due to the conflux of absurd events that happened.
    Extrail and I at one point very late in the game realized that almost everyone (myself included) made practically the worst choices they could for their team/the people they were working with/themselves almost all of the time, to hilarious effect.

For example was Elenna basically causing the wolf + two neutrals network forming because I felt it was only fair to grant Extrail's request to avoid his death since Elenna asked me to do the same for her and I had (because that's a thing I do if people ask early game).... but this was more involved for him so we had to share more information... which created our team up.

Then was our network killing wolves instead of town on accident for the first two kills we had to work with.

And of course town only lynching town.

And Requilac's network of...... him, Extrail, and myself because apparently everyone else didn't know the rule of "when the baner claims, everyone in town claim to them to form network"? I don't even know. That sure was... interesting.

And people making vague role claims instead of specific ones which would have avoided a lot of confusion and suspicion.

And all number of other minor incidents.

But my favorite thing is that I won while technically never using my power. It's practically impossible to have this much fun in a game and be able to say a thing like that.

So thank you AV for the fun game. And thanks everyone else for the wacky fun they created.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The night after I got the kill power, Extrail informed me he had seen me kill kgato and started giving me town targets. I assumed he was a neutral seer, but I now see he was a wolf as well.

23. - Top - End - #203

EvilClericGuy

Honestly I had a lot of fun. I kind of thought if I died I was going to be seen as suspicious by town. So I haphazardly contacted two people I knew I could trust to vote for someone else. Which resulted in the very beginning the neitral-wolf network. Only comment I can make is that there was 1 too many wolves. I assumed there were 3 wolves, and town assumed the same. Especially with 2 neutrals that was playing too close. But honestly I now understand the joy of playing a werewolf game now. Town I hope you had fun as well. Sorry rakkoon you were the sacrifice that needed to be made, and lex-kat of the choice between lordargon, or you when it came down to it. Elenna was off limits due to ramsus wanting to keep you alive. Hence you being the last town dead.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2018-06-23 at 10:04 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

d6 Re: Time Paradox WW 2: Let's Do The Time Warp Again!

I swear, me as a timelord did more to hurt my own team than most of the wolves did . You know I was actually very suspicious of Extail to begin with and even remember clearly thinking before I made a The QT that I would regret this decision, but went through with it anyway. I needed to actually put my trust in someone, or else I would never get anywhere as a baner. That and me not trusting Extrail last game caused our failure, so I stuck to that decision. I wasnt confident in it at all, and it was incredibly risky, but I thought it would be the most prudent decision. Guess it wasn’t in the end though.

Extrail, were you being honest with me about the scries though, or where you just making it all up?

I suppose another one of my major mistakes was refusing to acknowledge Elena when she sent me a PM claiming that she and Kgato were seers. I even delayed responding to her until I managed to talk with the network (who consisted of Extrail). The excuse of not having the time to respond was a total lie Elena, sorry about that. Ramsus advised against telling her anything, so I went with it. I really actually wanted to let Elena into the network, and her response seemed so genuine, but I couldn’t wrap my head around there being two seers. Big mistake, because on that same night I died twice, undoubtedly with the help of Extrail.

I was incredibly reluctant to rely on my gut feelings in a game of WW where others are toying with your mind, but it turns out they were right this time. How odd.

Here is the network QT, for those of you who care. Elena and Kgato, you may find it off special interest.

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/9GhgYdikdHB5v

_____

I have got to admit, this was actually really fun Extrail. It was incredibly weird and confusing with a lot of twists, but I think that made it interesting. This game definetely had a lot of unexpected features, especially the raw number of seers and all their different abilities. Broke my expectations entirely. Bravo AvatarVecna, Bravo.

Thank you all for playing such a wonderful game with me. I thoroughly enjoyed it more than I am used to. Even if I did die fairly early on. Hope to see you next time!
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

25. - Top - End - #205

EvilClericGuy

I told the truth of who I was scrying but night 2 i felt there was no need since elenna would be kind of forced to scry me so i did scry myself that night. But when kgato died and lordargon was the only one to target him. I wasn't going to tell you something which would compromise my team, and ramsus was the one to suggest telling you Elenna was the one targeting and killing kgato. I feel really bad about it and I wouldn't have joined the network if I wasn't told by ramsus to claim to you.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2018-06-23 at 03:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Extrail View Post
    I told the truth of who I was scrying. But when kgato died and lordargon was the only one to target him. I wasn't going to tell you something which would compromise my team, and ramsus was the one to suggest telling you Elenna was the one targeting and killing kgato. I feel really bad about it and I wouldn't have joined the network if I wasn't told by ramsus to claim to you.
    Don't feel too bad Extrail. This is WW, if there was no lieing and backstabbing what fun would it be? And yeah I almost forgot I was betrayed by Ramsus too. Hehehe, I have a lot to learn about this game don't I?

Andyou said you were bad at this game Lex-Kat? I might as well have been a Paradox Agent by the way I was behaving. Ahh the irony.

Normally I would feel a little dissapointed at the fact I made things even worst for my team, but it currently just feels ridiculous and I am even noticeably laughing as I am reading these posts. What a show! How is it possible that all of the timelords did the worst possible thing for their team? The irony, once again.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

While I don't prefer defending myself most of the time as my game, this was very enjoyable. Sadly RL got in the way, so I was quiet a lot of the time. Cool idea, and cool execution though. I really like this variant and would love to try it again sometime.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm puzzled by one thing. The wolves who died lost even if their team won?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Okay then. I really thought there was one less wolf. Just looking at the list of roles I feel like it favors wolves, but that might be biased by the fact that wolves won.

Also sorry for tunneling on you for half the game Lady Tialait.

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    I swear, me as a timelord did more to hurt my own team than most of the wolves did . You know I was actually very suspicious of Extail to begin with and even remember clearly thinking before I made a The QT that I would regret this decision, but went through with it anyway. I needed to actually put my trust in someone, or else I would never get anywhere as a baner. That and me not trusting Extrail last game caused our failure, so I stuck to that decision. I wasnt confident in it at all, and it was incredibly risky, but I thought it would be the most prudent decision. Guess it wasn’t in the end though.
    And... yeah, as a town PR maybe don't be completely honest with people you don't have a really good reason to trust? Actually, I'm a little confused about what Extrail actually said to make you trust him.

I take it Extrail scried himself N2 to cause interference after I told Requilac I'd scry him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    And Requilac's network of...... him, Extrail, and myself because apparently everyone else didn't know the rule of "when the baner claims, everyone in town claim to them to form network"? I don't even know. That sure was... interesting.
    I mean, there was a counterclaim? Presumably people didn't trust him enough to claim to him. I only claimed after scrying him as baner. Speaking of which,
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac in the QT
    That being said, I am not yet ready to completely trust her. She claimed to have scried me on N3, which was before I role claimed. And I also think that she probably would have contacted me earlier if she actually did think I was the baner.
    The order of the phases was D3, N1, D1 (your claim), N3 (my scry), D2, N2.
    So I scried you right after your claim and then contacted you immediately after getting the scry result.

If anyone wants it, here's my QT. It's mostly me talking to myself and hitting interference/being blocked too much.
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/n33VsiVPMtxAa

- - - Updated - - -

Also Xihirli I don't know if you're reading this, but you may have a new contender for Most Damage Caused by Trusting the Wrong Person.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

30. - Top - End - #210

EvilClericGuy

Yeah i scried myself night 2. I kind of knew elenna you'd scry me. So, I figured it was a smart thing to scry myself, so you'd suffer interference on your end and i'd suffer interference on mine. I told requilac i was a seer, and that i scried gamergur who targeted himself night 1. which was a partial lie, since if i told him he targeted rakkoon he would've thought gamergur was the wolf with a nightkill. which i wouldn't be able to persuade him from.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2018-06-23 at 03:35 PM.