New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: How to fix lightning breath?

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Actually, frost breath has always seemed one of the easier ones to me. There are real-life chemicals that react with each other in an extremely endothermic manner, so the dragon could just be exhaling one of those.
    As should be obvious my my interactions in various threads, my knowledge of chemistry has regressed since I did my GCSEs.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: How to fix lightning breath?

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Actually, frost breath has always seemed one of the easier ones to me. There are real-life chemicals that react with each other in an extremely endothermic manner, so the dragon could just be exhaling one of those.
    In fact, the white dragon's breath weapon wouldn't actually need to be chemically different to just breathing out regularly at all; just mechanically different (like, physics mechanics, not game mechanics). All it would need is some specialized organ to store and compress and eventually decompress carbon dioxide; and the breath weapon would just be the equivalent of a CO2 fire extinguisher; I understand that the gas leaves those kind of extinguishers at around -66 degrees celcius

http://surreyfire.co.uk/co2-fire-extinguishers/
    http://safety.eas.ualberta.ca/?page_id=197
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)