New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: War for the Crown: Crownfall:

Coira nods her head to herself, then pulls a badge from her fine clothes, twirling it between her fingers. Her chimes tinkle ominously as she meets the gaze of the man before her, but a smile remains on her face nonetheless. She then allows her hand to drift from her pet fox's head all the way down to it's tail, which she tickles with her fingers ever so slightly.

Rude, even for my standards. Even if we look down on those of lesser blood, it's only polite to not be so... Vocal about it, no?

Her smile continues though.
    If this is all a story, then that’s what the story means.

If it isn’t a story, then the exact same is true.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Jon wasn't sure how to answer the inspectors question also he was somewhat shocked by how quickly the constable was dismissed for what was clearly an accident. C'mon the pavers were all uneven he think while almost being personally affronted. He hides his sympathy for the constable and answers.

Herre you go sir. Jon says flashing his invitation. Senatorial Aide. he says.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Typical of our militarized police to be this rigid, I imagine. Poor bastard never had a chance in this line of work. This guy... acts like my father. I don't like it.

Clutching the glaive currently in her hand, she spoke to the official as though she cared little about the repercussions. She was nobility, and at the moment, an aide to a Lady. How much could she have to fear? She left her grip on the glaive, handing it over without any issue, but was quickly harassed about having a knife in the pockets of her scarf. "Ladies do not have the privilege of pockets in our clothing. This pocket is to me as the pockets on your coat are, and the knife seems to have been a mistake. Take me in and question me if you'd like, as long as I do not miss the function."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

City of Oppara - Crownfall, Grand Day of Exaltation:

The Inspector glares towards Chemosh with a particularly foul expression upon his face, clearly inconvenienced by the request for identification. With his cold, gray eyes narrowed towards the swashbuckler, the Inspector reaches into his coat, retrieving a small leather wallet, attached to a chain worn within his coat. The man steps forward confidently, invading Chemosh's personal space. Now, with his nose merely several inches away from Chemosh, the Inspector opens the wallet to a particular section, revealing several pieces of paperwork. Finally, he speaks, his tone harsh and unwelcoming.

"Chelish. It... is pronounced Chelish."

--

With that, the Inspector snaps his wallet shut before stepping away, his eyes lingering for several seconds. He turns towards Valkyr now, a hint of suspicion upon his face. The man crosses his arms over his chest for a moment, sneering slightly before responding, satisfied by her explanation.

"Let us hope, for your sake, that you're telling the truth. Enjoy the Gala, Madame."

--

The Senate - Crownfall, Grand Day of Exaltation:

Once all contraband items have been properly handled by the constabulary, several armed guards, clad all in the garb of the Senatus Cohortis, gesture each of you towards the long marble path up into the senate itself. The marble pathway, illuminated by dozens of bright lanterns atop gilded posts, is utterly cramped with lines of extravagantly dressed guests, eager to make their way into the senate proper. As the excessively-dressed stream of nobles continue to file into the senate, the sound of conversation grows louder and louder, excitement clearly in the air.

While the senate, from a distance, appears so opulent as to appear celestial, even, in nature, it is even more stunning up close. The senate is a grandiose, T-shaped edifice constructed from glittering white marble, shining and shimmering, bathed in reflections of light coming off from magical lanterns and orbs. Ostentatious columns carved with glorious scenes of the nation’s history surround the building on all sides, while a pronounced flight of precisely 100 stairs ascends to the main entrance, which appears as a massive marble doorway, decorated with golden panels depicting a massive lion.

A particularly bulky member of the Senatus Cohortis, perhaps an officer of some sort, oversees final checking before, finally, each of you are allowed entrance into the senate.

--

The Senate, Entry Gallery - Crownfall, Grand Day of Exaltation: [A1]

Dozens of uniformed servants greet each of you as you enter this prominent foyer. This expansive gallery celebrates Taldor’s abundant military and political glories, ensuring that all guests at the gala bear witness to only the most successful of Taldan expansions of the past. Banners and trophies line the halls of the arcade, some displayed openly while others rest behind intricate glass cases, while armor stands and display cases present countless artifacts belonging to great heroes and soldiers. A score of Taldan Phalanx troops stand at attention, acting as both ceremonial honor guards for the senate and guides to some of the military assets on display.

Hundreds of nobles, senatorial aides, and visiting dignitaries mingle within and without the grand halls of the senate, and this large opening chamber is no exception. Two individuals of particular importance, however, stand out against the crowd of powdered dignitaries and sycophants; High Strategos Maxillar Pythareus, a muscular man in his forties clad all in a relatively conservative set of ceremonial armor, and Duke Georgi Talbot II, an aged and balding nobleman clad all in shades of dark green and glittering gold.

Spoiler: Duke Talbot II:
    Show

Spoiler: High Strategos Maxillar Pythareus:
    Show

Room Influence Skills: Appraise, History, Nobility, Perception, Spellcraft, UMD.

--

Spoiler: The Senate:
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-05-06 at 12:36 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Alex

For a few seconds Alex is awestruck at how fancy everything is. A quick shake of the head cleared such thoughts as xe quickly approached the first person that looked like a servant or otherwise in charge of the background when it comes to actually maintaining the gala. In a voice that lacked the harshness of a higher ranked noble xe said "Excuse me. Could you direct me to the wine cellar?" A slight shift to show the wine bottle to confirm why xe wanted to know.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

Before the eyes of Valkyr lay the monument to all her sins, the sins of her forefathers and ancestors of days gone by, put upon show before her in a manner that appeared as though they were specifically placed to spit in her face and her heritage, as in none of these testaments to the history that hearkened back four thousand years would there be a mention of the House Kaiserreich, despite the many roles played in the last millennium. She was already able to see it, and she hated it. It pulled a terrible wool over her eyes for the moment, but she collected herself quite quickly, considering the emotional nature of the event's effects on her subconscious thoughts. She had a target to handle, and so she dispersed herself into the crowd, ignoring the heavy hitters and looking for the one she needed to find.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you. You know how it is, no one asks the question and then one day someone takes advantage of that and sneaks in with a guard's uniform and pure charisma. Particularly important with all the new hires I heard about. Though they mostly wear black uniforms from what I have heard.
    Chemosh says smiling at the man. He seems quite comfortable with the man being so close to him. He heads into the rooms.

Looking around he tries to find Duke Centimus. With luck he would find him or someone allied with him.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Jon for a moment doesn't concern himself with peaceboniding any equipment since the work Lady martella laid out for him should have any need for his sword and shield and certainly not his armor. He then had a moment of revelation and was very concerned about the rumors of black shirt aides he heard earlier and decided that just maybe he should. He then steps into the hallway, having his sword and board peacebonded by the clerks while leaving his bow, quiver and lance where he was staying.

Generations of peels had gone by, all confined to 1 or 2 roomed thatched roofed cottages. Jon was still coming to terms the feats of engineering one could accomplish with the entire inland revenue of the Kingdom of Taldor at your disposal. So it was unsurprising to anyone that knew him that upon entering the grand ballroom, Jon's mouth dropped wide open and hanged there for a good 20 seconds while he's left staring at the vastness of the ballroom and the abundance of gold leaf and other ostentatious decorations.

Once he collected himself, he realised what he was doing and sought the comfort of a canape and something not too alcoholic, since he has a busy night ahead of him. He'll also seek Lady Martella since he has a job to do.
    Last edited by Rendel Nep; 2018-05-06 at 07:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

It doesn't take long before Calder, a brief touch to Coira's arm before slipping away, has melded into the crowd, chatting, smiling, brightfully sparring verbally with the odd person. He draws upon his training as he moves through the party, recognizing faces, ensuring to ask how various small enterprises are going, sharing small tidbits and comments on the latest magical fads, greasing the wheels and making himself a comfortable greased cog in the wheels of court. Before long however, he spies out Duke Centimus and starts to make a beeline for him.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Know (Nobility) = 17 and Spellcraft = 21 to entertain and ingratiate Calder with the crowd.

Perception = 23 to find Centimus
    Last edited by Genth; 2018-05-09 at 01:47 AM.