New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Venom trailer

1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Venom trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Sure.

I know and loathe Tom Hardy primarily for his performances in The Dark Knight Rises and Mad Max: Fury Road. He was okay in The Revenant I suppose, but he wasn't what made that film good either. And apparently he was Inception, though I don't remember the film well enough to recall his role in it.
    So, not that I have any stakes in this - clearly you can loathe whoever you choose - but..
    Out of his fifty or so roles your opinion about him is based on four. Among those one where he had an unremarkable role (I can't say I can remember anyone but Dicaprio, Watanabe and maybe Page either), one role he maybe should not have taken but in the end maybe you should blame whichever casting director didn't care about Bane's ethnicity (I wouldn't say I thought Bane was great but then I'm not a huge fan of the Nolan movies in general) and finally one where you don't complain about his performance but about the role of the character in the movie.
    So.. I'm not saying these complaints aren't valid but they seem more a criticism of the movies he's in than his acting ability. And loathe seems like a strong emotion for that.

But concerning the more important pronunciation debate.. As a non-native, I feel like I somehow learned to pronounce symbiosis with the "eye" sound but symbiote (probably due to some Spiderman cartoon) with the "ee". I never thought about it... I guess neither is wrong but it's one of these cases where I feel there should be one or the other.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #62

Default Re: Venom trailer

For something like this, I'd guess the better movie to look at for Tom Hardy's qualifications would be Legend.