New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford at Night

"I didn't need..." Bear's pride flares at Solo's reassurance before he can tamp it back down, "...Thank you."

"I don't think the cops will look into the matter much further. I hate to say it but that weird thing the humans do, judging by skin color, is likely helping us there. But if you can keep an eye out for any trouble on that front, I would greatly appreciate it. I didn't see or smell any observers for the final blow, so I think we're safe there, I could be wrong of course. The next question I think is the cuts I left. If someone gets curious about them, I doubt they'll be thinking werewolf, but they'll probably start looking closer. I might need to have an explanation ready."

At the pack meeting, Bear states, "I think leaving the area be in the short term and seeing what, if any, response there is might be best. We have bigger problems to focus on first anyways. Can we agree on that?"

If others seem amiable to the idea, he'll say, "Is there anything else we need to go over before we get ready to play? I for one have some frustration to work out on the stage."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“Look man, don’t sweat what happened, you did what you had to,” Blaze said, “and no matter the fallout, we’re in it together, so yeah, get it all out onstage, and we can start tomorrow fresh.”

“I wanna explore this place first then scope out some sites for a happy spirit ritual,” he added.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-06-18 at 07:42 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

If others seem amiable to the idea, he'll say, "Is there anything else we need to go over before we get ready to play? I for one have some frustration to work out on the stage."
    Mitchell Sanderson, the band’s Wolfblooded band manager, takes a long pull on a long thin cigar, blowing dark smoke into the air. The haze momentarily cloud’s the man’s greasy pulled back hair and jowly face. “Just get ready for your performance John”, he says with a grin that shows one too many yellow teeth. “Just play your ****ing hearts out tonight. You all are gonna be great.” He chuckles twice before clapping Bear on the back.

E, the band’s young and angry punk rocker snarls, “What about the Beshilu?” Her sneer is rimmed with dark purple coloring, her teeth just a little too sharp in a lupine sort of way. Sanderson gawfaws, but Elisa doubles down, “That’s what we are here for! That’s what I came to do!” She turns from one to the next Uratha and growls, “You guys had us cleaning here all day, and we came to kick some rat ass!

The other Wolf Blooded chuckle or hoot at this in support.

Spoiler: Bear and Ciara
    Show
    When given a moment, the fiery Wolfblooded pulls Bear aside, concern and possibly anger glowing in her green eyes. “So what happened?” she says sternly, the words pouring out in one quick breath.

She has both hands placed on her hips, her pink lips pulled into a quivering pout. Ciara looked half ready to fight, have ready to fall apart and cry. Her cheeks were turning a bright red. “I heard you got into some trouble.

Spoiler: Blaze, Santiago, Chris and James
    Show
    When the pack returns, the pack’s two resident orphans pull Blaze and Santiago aside. Chris Wentworth, a dark haired dark eyed boy with pale skin and a penchant for making others uncomfortable tugs on Blaze’s jacket sleeve and says “While you were gone, James and I were cleaning up the upstairs, trying to get the bedrooms ready.” He looks to James nervously.

James was the older of the two. A military background made the young man hard to read. He and Chris were the two quietest of the Wolfblooded, and therefore seemed to always gravitate towards the more quiet Uratha.

James nods to Wentworth in reassurance and the boy continues. “Anyways, we thought you should know. There’s wards placed all over the upstairs too. We did some studying, and the thing is, well the wards seem to mostly be placed on the southern wall, boarding the ocean. I mean, there’s like 3 wards on the southern wall for every one on any other part of the building.

James nods again. He brushes brown hair that has finally started to take over the previously buzzed landscape and says, “We think it means something. And we thought you should know.” The two looks expectantly from Blaze to Santiago, awaiting any praise, concern or possible response.

Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Iago nods thoughtfully, then gives Chris and James an encouraging smile "Aces. Good job, you two." He gives a sly grin at Blaze "Myself, I'm still trying, but I can't quite get wards yet. You think these could confirm some suspicions for us? Seems like reinforced security." He goes a little sullen. "Felt a little overwhelmed down there at the museum, couldn't check what I planned to. You found anything particularly interesting?"

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“Nice work both of you,” Blaze said, “yeah, I found something in the museum.”

Blaze explained what he discovered (previously in ooc).

“I’ll go check out those wards now, but it looks like there might be something nasty in the ocean,” he said.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara was late to the band meeting, as a matter of course. She would claim with vehemence that it was all but expected of her as part of a rock band.

So it was no surprise when she strolled out in a pair of thigh-high stockings and garter, a school-girl inspired mini-skirt and a black lacy bra. She was still untangling the sleeves of the white button-down shirt she had planned on wearing over it. Typically, she had very little problem with walking around in various states of undress.

"Sorry! Sorry!" She grinned sheepishly, as she approached. "I'm ready to go now, but all this.." she gestures to herself idly, "Take a bit of effort to keep up, y'know?"

She snaps a quick pic on her phone of the band and the rest of the pack as they mulled about, before tucking her phone into her bra for safe-keeping.

"So....uh...quite the night, yeah? I...know it's been a ****ty first day in a lotta ways, but we gotta rock out tonight and establish our presence here." An unusually quiet expression settles on her face for a moment, as she tucks a stray strand of hair behind an ear. "And when we're done...I think I should tell you about a few dreams I've been having. It's...uh...not really good, I think?"

She would be asking a huge favour much, much later of her Pack. Given how bad the nightmares had been, not to mention her episode at the museum earlier, the Cahalith wasn't entirely looking forward to going to sleep.

Maybe she could drink enough after the show to knock her into oblivion?
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

To Bear
    'From what I've seen so far I don't think the police'll put much leg work into this. But if they do ask just deny any knowledge. You hit him once, in the throat. You didn't hit him in the chest and you don't remember seeing any blood on his chest. Even if there was a witness otherwise they won't be telling the police. It's that sort of area.'

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Blaze

“Nice work both of you,” Blaze said, “yeah, I found something in the museum.”

Blaze explained what he discovered (previously in ooc).

“I’ll go check out those wards now, but it looks like there might be something nasty in the ocean,” he said.
    'An Old One maybe,' said Solomon flatly 'A Deep Old One... I wonder if our guest Spirit knows anything about that.
    'I think we should...'
    Solomon was briefly distracted as Kara came in, likely he'd never get used to that. Pointedly staring in the opposite direction he continued 'Revisit the museum. In the Hisil. E's right though, we came to fight rats, whatever this is can wait...hopefully.'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2018-06-19 at 08:02 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear winces at Solo's advice, "I bandaged the chest with my shirt, both to avoid questions about the blood already on the garment and to avoid immediate questions about the claw marks. I'm also on record with 911 dispatch as saying I'd acted to stop the bleeding."

At the meeting, Bear nods in sympathy with E's comment, "I know. But as glorious it would be to strike at the Beshilu now, there will be too many fights to risk our first one also being our last. We need time to look into things, find out where and how it is best to begin. That is part of what I set out to do today. I do apologize for being... diverted."

Show
    Emphasizing how little danger he was actually in and his attempts to resolve the matter peacefully, Bear explains the situation to Ciara, wincing at her reaction. If she'll let him, he'll enclose her in his arms, "I'm okay, its okay, I'm not going anywhere."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

To Bear

Solomon sucked in air between his teeth, his brow furrowed 'That complicates things a bit.' The image of Bear unceremoniously discarding the body in a dumpster flits across his mind's eye. It looks plain wrong, even to someone who had seen Bear rip throats out with his teeth, to slink quietly away from the battle as if ashamed just wasn't his style. Solomon would have dumped the body in trash and forgotten about it by now, Bear aspired to be something better.
    'Right, you did hit him in the chest. You didn't see any blood on him before but after you hit him it started gushing, really gushing. You think maybe you opened up a healing wound. You didn't even notice the wound was claw shaped, because of all the blood.'
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorak View Post
    To Bear
    'An Old One maybe,' said Solomon flatly 'A Deep Old One... I wonder if our guest Spirit knows anything about that.
    'I think we should...'
    Solomon was briefly distracted as Kara came in, likely he'd never get used to that. Pointedly staring in the opposite direction he continued 'Revisit the museum. In the Hisil. E's right though, we came to fight rats, whatever this is can wait...hopefully.'
    Kara shivers involuntarily at the thought of creatures lurking in the depths. She knew it was true, if only because she had seen it so often and so vividly in her dreams.

"I...don't want to think about whatever is down there, but I know...I know that it's involved somehow in the ****show of that is New Bedford." She scowls, though her distaste is an obvious deflection to avoid dealing with the true fear she's got curdling in her gut at the thought.

"As much as I hate the Beshilu, I think they're a symptom, y'know?" Kara furrows her brow in thought as she finished pulling on her shirt. "It's a good enough place to start. We going to go crawling around in some tunnels after the show?" She asks, dreading the answer a bit.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground

Iago couldn't help beign a little snippy "Oh, goodie. Great Old Ones, as the humans call them. That guy probably was like a banquet to fear spirits. A big, juicy piece of fhtagn" But while Solo turns at Kara's arrival, Iago gives a quick scan and an appreciative nod. "Right, tunnels. That'd be the easy way out. Very fhtagn of us." Iago even gives a second glance. "Kinda regret not giving an extra look at that detective, he didn't seem to pay attention to anyone else once you entered his field of view." He scrambled his mind a bit, trying to recall details missed on the scene. What was the general attitude of the neighbours? How urgent had been the attitude of the policemen to get out of the place? And hell, two heavyset male cops and a heavyset male detective. What about the EMT? He ventured if he was starting to recognize the "background" of this place...

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"As much as I hate the Beshilu, I think they're a symptom, y'know?" Kara furrows her brow in thought as she finished pulling on her shirt. "It's a good enough place to start. We going to go crawling around in some tunnels after the show?" She asks, dreading the answer a bit.
    "Tonight?" E asks excitedly, "Now that's what I'm talking about." She shakes her fist aggressively, posing like an MMA fighter after a win, "I'm coming!"

Pine sighs shaking her moss covered head, "You really want to wait till dark to go hunting? I guess you guys have a bit of an advantage over us humans... but I think you can count me out. I'll help hold the fort down."

E sticks her tongue out at Pine, making a grotesque but comical noise as she does so.

"If permitted" James King says, standing bold upright, "I would like to come too."

"Count me in as well", Ciara says.

Show
    For a moment Ciara almost breaks down, allowing herself to be folded into his embrace. "Just be smarter. I know you weren't in danger, but I heard the cops showed up. What if you were arrested, what if they pin this on you? It's just a bit too much excitement already." She steps back, breaking Bear's hug and says with a wry smile, "Just promise me you won't be such a meat head all the time."

Spoiler: Blaze, Santiago, Chris, James
    Show
    The two wolf blooded beam under the praise from Blaze and Solomon. James even offers a formal salute and a "Thank you sirs!", with a self conscious grin.

Chis even tugs at Blaze's sleeve again and says, "If you don't mind, I would like to help you. It would kinda be cool learning more about Uratha magic."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, I guess I'm not going to wear anything fancy for tonight's show, then."

Not that she ever does. It speaks of Juno's ...upbringing that without a large hoodie on it's noticeable that she has an over the shoulder sheath knife rig that can hide a good sized knife down the small of her back. But instead of the Glock knife she's been carrying all this time she has a different one. The scorpion knife from before.

Ignoring the others, brushing past Bear and Ciara with nary a look, she waits for a moment to get Blaze alone to the side and offers the blade--hilt first-- up to him to inspect.

"I hope you can inform me of this klaive's...purpose. I found it yesterday in the crates and... it shouldn't exist. It looks too much like the knife stolen from my father and he made it very clear to his ...children that the blade he had was supposed to be unique."

Not that she's giving the blade to Blaze to keep, but...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Finally following up on getting this klaive checked out. Juno...has briefly mentioned in passing that her father was killed over a klaive but to Blaze, this may be the first time she's gone into greater detail.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“No problem man,” Blaze replied, “just uh, don’t scuff the wards or anything.”

Blaze went to check out the wards to see if he could determine any meaning behind them.

Spoiler
    Show
    occult + int: (8d10)[9][4][9][5][8][1][5][2](43)
    9 again: (8d10)[8][6][7][2][8][5][2][2](40)
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Solomon looks about his Pack in alarm 'None of you wolfbloods are going down into Beshilu tunnels!' His voice is uncharacteristically harsh 'Tonight or any night.' He shudders recalling the last time he'd done that 'A swarm can tear you down to bone in seconds, if they don't eat your heart and wear your body. We Uratha regenerate apace with the damage... Or we don't, and we die. I've seen full blooded raging Rahu go down under a rat swarm in less time than you'd think.' Dusty had rescued Roman, thank God and Luna and whoever else, but the wolfbloods didn't need to know that.
    'You will have important parts to play in this hunt, but do not make the mistake of underestimating our prey. As mighty as we are even in Garou we can only kill two or three at a time. A thousand Gnawers would take even Bear down in a straight fight. And there will be thousands. And the Gnawers aren't the problem.' He looks at Elisa, James and Ciara, meeting their eyes 'The other Tribes dismiss the Beshilu, thinking eradicating them is somehow beneath them. That is because they leave it to the Meninna. The Beshilu are the Uratha's least physically threatening Prey, but one of the most difficult to hunt. Behind the swarm are the Red Ministers, the prophets of their decaying god, and the brood mothers. They are the head we must sever. When they are near death they discorporate, meaning they transform into hundreds of rats and they flee in all directions. If even one rat escapes their body reforms.' He fell silent for a moment, letting that sink in 'Actually killing the powerful ones is almost impossible unless you are very well prepared... And so we will be.
    'Tonight we perform the Siskur-Dah. I shall lead the rite. It will give us the eyes to see where the Gnawers have been working.'
    He stopped to regard the three wolfbloods again, letting them know they were included 'Tonight we don't do anything loud, as far as we know we still have the element of surprise. You find me the places the Gnawers have been working and in a day or two I'll have all the hives mapped out. After that we get loud, which I'm telling you upfront is probably going to involve a lot of fire.'
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear nods, sharply, "Solo is right. This enemy will not just give us a target that we can effectively strike with claws and steel. Going straight in is a lot like trying to piss on a bonfire to put it out, while standing within the flames."

"There will be a time for valor, and I await it eagerly, but it has not yet come. Patience E"

Show
    "It was self defense, and the guy was part of a gang that's probably shot at the cops a fair bit. It certainly wasn't the first time they've shot at people. They barely looked around, didn't even question me at the station. Its going to be okay."

"As to not being a meathead all the time. Sure, bone's harder to mess up anyway."
    Bear grins at her playfully.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

For a moment, Elisa seems like a shaken bottle of sparkling wine about to pop. She shakes her fist, mouth open trying to find some retort, some argument or insult to defend herself.

Then James King speaks up. “As you wish”, he says immediately and obediently. He flashes a glare at E which stifles her, then turns back to Solomon and offers him a curt military salute. “We will follow your orders, and will do what we can to support the pack.

Mitchell Sanders speaks up, waving his cigar dramatically creating a thin trail of grey smoke, “None of you’s should be climbing into any Beshilu tunnel tonight. Even if you want to go scouting tonight, which I’m not totally in support of either, caution is the name of the game. Am I right?” He grins at the Uratha then takes another long puff on his cigar.

Show
    Ciara melts instantly with Bear’s grin. She pulls herself close again, and reaching up on her tip toes, kisses Bear on the side of his grizzly chin. “You know you drive me crazy”, she says rolling her eyes. One more peck on the cheek, then the request of another promise. Then she drags Bear to join back up with the group.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“Well, what do you think?” Blaze asked, educating.

“Yeap, definitely warding against the sea,” Blaze said, “and what’s up with this symbol? It keeps coming up..”

Spoiler
    Show
    where could Blaze go to research the strange symbol?
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

Juno:
    Spoiler
    Show

Blaze looked at the weapon Juno handed over.
    “ Yeah, give me a sec,” he said, “you found this in the crates?”

Blaze examines the klaive to determine its use or function.

Spoiler
    Show
    int + occult: (8d10)[3][1][6][1][9][10][4][1](35)
    9 again: (8d10)[2][10][9][2][1][7][5][3](39)
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

Juno:
    Spoiler
    Show

Blaze carefully examined the knife.

“This is a fetish,” he said, “it’s got a plague spirit trapped inside. The knife itself looks to be a couple centuries old, Eastern Europe somewhere. Looks like it has some nasty poisoning effect if it cuts someone. Be careful with it.”

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke
    In regards to Juno’s Klaive; Blaze made 4 successes.

He can tell that it is a 2 dot fetish imbued with the power of a plague spirit. In game terms, it applies the Poisened (moderate) tilt to the first victim the knife strikes in a combat. Otherwise, it has the stats of a knife (they actually tried to get rid of klaives for 2E WtF but oh well).

Furthermore, Blaze can tell that the design of the weapon Eastern European origin, and perhaps the knife was made in the last 100-200 years.
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Solomon felt uncomfortable accepting a salute, for him pack was more about commonality than hierarchy, although maybe James felt the same about the army, Solomon had read countless accounts of the love between brothers in arms. Regardless the gesture was sincere and well meant, it would be disrespectful to show that discomfort. He kept his face carefully neutral and made a note to discuss it with James in private later 'I'm not protecting you two, or Ciara. I want you to understand that. I'm deploying you in the way that best benefits the whole Pack. And you'd needn't look so disappointed E, in my experience when you flush a nest it's the trap teams that get the most kills. The Uratha take a beating, discorprate the leaders and drive the swarm toward their boltholes. The rest, as they say, is up to you.'
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara busies herself with applying thick black eyeliner and mascara while she listens to the back and forth between the Uratha and their kinfolk in the Pack.

She smiles as she applies some lip gloss and blows herself a sassy kiss in her pocket mirror.

Eventually she puts her makeup away and turns back to the rest.

"Fine, fine. We won't be digging around in tunnels tonight. As much as I'm loathe to let sleeping rats lie, I think we need to focus on the show. This is a big deal for us, y'know? We need to be lit tonight, guys! Like...rock the casbah and all that?" for pizazz and emphasis, she gives a little flurry of jazz hands and grins manically.

"Rat hunting costs money. For food....and booze... and other....like, stuff? Y'know? I sorta like my day job."
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-06-22 at 08:57 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Later

The Poor Hut was a lot larger inside than it’s facade had suggested. The band was setting up their equipment by the entrance, where a small stage had been erected. This way the band could be seen by everyone inside the bar, and so that those passing on the street could see (and hear) the band playing through the window.

The bar was one of several along Union streets, which was packed tonight with both college students from U-Mass Dartmouth and local adults alike.

The main floor was a wide open space, with the bar in the back. There was a second floor terrace which overlooked the stage as well. Both levels were stuffed with mostly older locals, though there were a good number of college age kids dressed in baggy jean shorts and flannel shirts open to expose Metallica band T’s. Despite it not being too late, many of the patrons were already well sauced, and there was a good amount of commotion regarding the new Punk Rock act that was setting up on the stage. In fact, there were a group of college age female Punkers that E had somehow managed to gather at the base of the stage. The girls were drinking cheap beers and chatting excitedly with the young Wolfblooded Elisa.

James, Chris and Ciara had gone up to the second floor and managed to secure themselves a table. The trio had already gotten halfway through a pitcher. It was a miracle they had allowed James in. The kid was barely over 16, and Pine probably had more body hair than he did. But the bouncer had barely glanced at the kid’s fake ID, and he had rushed into the building blushing and grinning proudly.

Sanders was chatting with an older man with spectacles and an embarrassing grey ponytail. The man was presumably the gig’s owner or manager, and the two were warmly discussing business over beers.

Also near the stage was a group of Hispanic kids, probably still teenagers. They were clearly over the deep end, and were rowdily harassing any female who passed them by. They didn’t seem like the sort to enjoy Rock of any sort, and they had already rolled their eyes a few times in the band’s direction.

Otherwise, there was plenty of excitement coming from the crowd. The atmosphere was nearly electric, buzzing with positive vibes from the bar’s patrons.

As the band was finishing up, a waitress, dressed in a black tank (that showed an ample amount of her excessive bosom) and black jeans came to the stage. She was pretty enough, and seemed excited to be talking to the band. In a heavy New England accent she says, “Marty wanted me to take your orders. We’ll get you what you want before you start.” She winks at Blaze in particular and says, “Oh, and they are on the house of course. Just don’t get nothing too fancy please.

Show
    That’s right, what does your character want to drink? Feel free to interact with whomever or explore the bar before the band’s set starts.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2018-06-24 at 08:18 AM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear hugs Ciara from behind, whispering something in her ear to make her giggle. To James, he simply says, "Just don't overdo it."

He then heads back downstairs, orders a Rum Old Fashioned, and drinks as he surveys the stage from several places in the room, trying to decide if there's anything that can be done to amplify the effect of the band.

After a while spent setting things up, and wishing there was safe room for even one of the flamers he brought, he'll suggest to the others doing the warmup outside. "We could do a few quick jams out on the street, get some more attention. If we can pack this place full tonight, it can only help us. What do you guys think?"
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-06-24 at 12:28 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As Bear turns to head down stairs, there is a hard slap on his right butt cheek. When he turns Ciara gives him a devilish grin and a wink and says, “Go get ‘em tiger.” James and Chris look on, both blushing slightly.

Downstairs, Bear has to wade through a clotted mass of bodies to get to the bar and to get the bartender’s attention. She is also an overly busty woman in dark clothing, though she is slightly older than the woman talking to the band at the stage. She gives Bear a dubious grin and says, “Just one moment for that cocktail.” The drink is heavy on the rum. Sweet and alcoholic nearly to the point of being unprintable, but the bartender doesn’t so much as ask for a card or a tab, and Bear is able to go on his way in joining the band.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

There was a nervous, anxious energy that was buzzing in Kara's veins and thrumming in her head. The Cahalith was excited to be up on stage again. She was practically vibrating the whole way to the bar.

When she strode inside with the rest of the band, she took in their surroundings with a wide, manic grin and twinkling eyes.

There were a few hot people here as well. She let her baby blues sweep over the punk-rock girls at the front of the stage with E.

There wasn't a lot of stuff for Kara to set up herself; she got her mic stand adjusted to her size and made sure that none of the cables across the stage would be in her way, or trip her up. When she was done, she helped the others with simple things. Plugging in a cord here. A sound test there.

When the waitress approached the band, Kara smiled and plopped down to sit cross-legged on the edge of the stage.

"Hey!" Kara beamed at the waitress. "That's so sweet! We all really appreciate the warm welcome here. Could we get a shot of Tequila each...and....I'll take a beer and a bottle of water, if that's not too much trouble, yeah?"

When she was done ordering, Kara snapped a few obligatory pics of the venue on her phone, before hitting up the rest of the pack with stealthy, surprise selfies with her. It would all go to the band's promotional Twitter and Instagram accounts.

Kara made sure to pop in and snag one with everyone; E and her punk friends (she was particularily fond of that group; the punk look set her heart aflutter). James, Chris and Ciara got manhandled into a group hug for the picture. The Cahalith even snuck in behind Sanders and the manager for a picture and a teasing wink before she skipped off to find the rest.

Show

Princess Charming? I can roll this for everyone if you want, Benno, but I figure this is an umbrella roll to see how charming and personable Kara comes off during the schmoozing. Oh god, please let this be a good roll!!

Presence 4 + Socialize 3 (+ 2 Barfly and +2 Striking Looks if they're appropriate)

(11d10)[6][9][1][2][4][6][6][6][1][9][3](53)

Really?! REALLY?!

Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-06-24 at 08:11 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

While perhaps not Kara's best crowd work, the Cahalith genuinely seemed to get the crowd's attention and stoke their excitement. The Punk girls loved Kara's attention, and mugged and posed for a series of photos that would go great on the group's website. By the time the band would be performing, there was a steady buzz from the crowd.

Show
    This does not mean the band is starting to perform yet, as I want to give other players a chance to post. Howevr, at the latest I will move things along by tonight.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Solomon was watching the crowd through hooded eyes, keeping his thoughts to himself and looking pensive. The pack knew it was best to leave him alone in moments like this, knew that waiting tortured the Irraka like nothing else. Added to that he'd never been overfond of rowdy crowds, or drunks for that matter. Intensely private and quietly reserved, with a flash of silver grey at his temples, Solo was about as unlikely a rock star as you're likely to find and knowing that just added to his discomfort. He always felt like such an impostor until he got onstage and remembered it was where he belonged, fame and success be damned, he just needed the performance.
    He doesn't even glance at the waitress 'Water, please.' If he remembers that later he'll feel bad about being so rude, but most likely he will not remember at all.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

_Blaze

Blaze played a few beats as warmup before pulling off his shirt ahead of the opening song.

“Beer, as cold as you can make it,” he ordered. It was going to be hot under the lights especially with all of the pounding he was about to do.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The bartender returns with a tequila shot for each of the band members; plastic shot glasses filled with clear smoky gasoline, as well as a glass cup filled with lime wedges. She also brings beer for Kara and Blaze, as well as Solomon’s water.

By now the audience is starting to get a bit excited. The punk girls are cheering and clapping, and whistling. Ciara and the boys upstairs begin clapping when Blaze starts ripping drum riffs. The crowd was whipping itself into a frenzy and the band would be starting soon.

Show
    Stalling a moment to give other players a chance to post if they want. To keep things moving I will also have each band member roll for the performance. Rather than doing a classic rules assisted roll, we will just take the cumulative rolls of each player. 7 successes will be a positive performance. 14 successes will be a blow out.

Rhythm section (Blaze, Juno) please roll Resolve + Expression
    Lead (Kara, Bear) please roll Presence + Expression
    Supporting lead (Solomon, Santiago) please feel free to roll any of the above.

Erulasto/Kara: Feel free to start us off with some crowd work.

Show