New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford at Night

Bear kisses Ciara goodbye, whispering to her, "I've got to do this, but I'll make it up to you later, okay?"

He'll walk with the others to the museum, but instead of heading inside, he'll start roaming, taking in the sights, sounds, and perhaps most importantly smells, of the city on one big loop that avoids the identified problem spots. Among other things, he's looking for the last pack's territory markers, where the Anchor Fangs could establish their own, and any other sources of trouble that might crop up. He will avoid any conflict with the same, at least for now. Occasionally, he'll pause, extend his senses across the veil, and use what he can see of the spirits around him to guide his path.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The woman’s plastic smile does not leave her face as the pack introduces themselves. “Well then, welcome to our lovely little town,” she says, arms folded in the lap of her long skirt. To Solomon she remarks, “Ah, you’ve moved into the old Winfield Building. That was the old Melville Port House back in the day; one of the town’s most famous docks. You have certainly come to the right place if you wanted to learn more about the history of this town.

She motions for the pack to enter and says, “Please come in. It’s not been safe on these streets of late, even during the day. Such a shame there are so many bad eggs these days. It wasn’t always like this.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    The woman’s plastic smile does not leave her face as the pack introduces themselves. “Well then, welcome to our lovely little town,” she says, arms folded in the lap of her long skirt. To Solomon she remarks, “Ah, you’ve moved into the old Winfield Building. That was the old Melville Port House back in the day; one of the town’s most famous docks. You have certainly come to the right place if you wanted to learn more about the history of this town.

She motions for the pack to enter and says, “Please come in. It’s not been safe on these streets of late, even during the day. Such a shame there are so many bad eggs these days. It wasn’t always like this.
    Kara smiles widely, eyes crinkling as she turns on the charm.

"Thank you so much! The decision to move here was kinda last minute. We're a band, y'know? Go where the work is." She slips into the Museum as the woman beckons them to enter.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Because, why not. See how charming she actually is.
    Persuasion 4 + Socialize 3
    (7d10)[5][2][10][6][3][3][7](36)

If Striking Looks applies
    (2d10)[9][10](19)
    If it doesn't, ignore these please!
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Before making it to the museum, Bear splits from the group and begins prowling around downtown New Bedford. Despite the Harbor Wolves having disappeared months ago, certain marks are still easy to find; scratches in the trunk of a tree on the side of the road, graffiti’d paw prints, the tangy smell of high placed urine.

The trail leads Bear back down along the water. The hunt is an ecstatic return to instinct for the Uratha. But the trail leads Bear into a neighborhood with wooden buildings that are so decrepit that may are practically falling on each other. Here is the smell of garbage bags left off the street and never received by any street cleaning service. Here is the smell of rot, of territory untended. It smells wrong. It smells of death out of control.

And it is here that Bear practically stumbles across a group of three African American kids. The youngest couldn’t be any older than 15, dressed in baggy jeans and wearing an oversized rain slicker. “Yo, you must be pretty lost bitch!” the kid shouts, inciting a chuckle from his two companions. The kid has a sallow face, and big white staring eyes with braided hair pulled back behind a purple bandana.

Come to think of it, all three of the kids are wearing purple bandanas, and as if to confirm Bear’s suspicion, the three flash up the same gang sign, and the sallow faced kid grunts, “UFP mother ****er. What you looking at”, and pulls back his rain slicker to show the grip of a pistol sticking out of his jeans.

The woman ushers the pack into the Museum. The entrance is an open modern looking space with a second floor deck looking out over the room. Hanging from the ceiling is a skeleton of a giant whale, appearing to be in mid swim.

My name is Mary”, the woman says with a smile, that lingers on Kara for just a moment longer than the rest. “Welcome welcome. What can I do for you boys and girls. Would you like a tour of the museum, or can I answer some of your questions since you are new in town?
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear grins at the foolish kid. "No, I'm not lost, and not looking at anything in particular, just taking in the sights and enjoying the day. Thank you for the concern though. My band and I just rolled into town, I figured I'd get to know the place and our neighbors before our first gig, maybe even make a few friends. If you've got a taste for good Rock and Roll, you're welcome to take a listen. If not..." Bear shrugs and keeps walking by, the picture of a lack of concern.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-06-02 at 12:19 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

'We'd love a tour, thank you. I have some questions too, but they can wait. Lead the way Mary.' Before he follows her he casts his eyes sideways. Through the Gauntlet and into the world of Spirit. Using a Spirit's eyes he looked about, paying particular attention to the whale skeleton and the museum itself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The skinny kid with the gun spits on the ground at Bear’s feet. “**** man. That’s grandma music. Who the **** listens to Rock and Roll?” The other two snicker at this. The kid stands up from his position on the stoop and comes down to stand in front of Bear, one hand resting on the butt of his gun.

Bear is easily a head taller than the kid, with a 100 pounds of muscle, but the kid does not seem too shaken. The other two gangsters stand up as well, and the two are grinning. One, with a shaved head and a busted up nose cracks his knuckles.

Show
    I’m not going to make you roll to defend an intimidation, because ultimately, there isn’t much these kids can really do to hurt Bear. But I think I am going to force you to make some decisions about how to get out of this situation. Just a few thoughts, you could go for an Intimidation roll, use your Hunter’s Aspect, try to fight them, transform and induce lunacy ect.

Solomon peers sideways into the Hisil. Within the Shadow, the whale bones have taken on the shape of large floating jagged rocks, covered in barnacles and streams of kelp that seem to ride non-existent currents. Interestingly, the museum appears almost as some old mausoleum, with wooden caskets of various shapes and sizes tucked into crypts within large stone walls.

Hundreds of minor spirits of wealth, greed and knowledge flit overhead. Many swim between the rocky whale bones like fish at a coral reef.

Show
    I will give others a chance to post or ask questions before moving through the tour.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2018-06-03 at 08:06 AM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Though Juno mimics Solomon's peering sideways, there is always the direct approach:

"Where and when did they catch that whale, ma'am?" she points towards the ceiling with just a hint of earnest curiosity in her calm voice.

To be honest, she has rarely, if ever been to museums or zoos or anything that could be considered a "field trip"; her family never took vacations and her mother almost never signed permission slips when she was actually in school. Juno hated that, and shows a little bit of her age in looking around all over, stopping to peer through the Hisil like she's taking photos with an imaginary camera.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear grins again, "Sorry if I am wrong, but at the risk of stereotyping, I'm going to guess that you're a Rap fan? Hate to break it to you, but that IS Rock. Same genre, just a slightly different form as what I do. Believe it or not I draw on Snoop Dogg and Jay-z nearly as much as Johnny Cash and Black Sabbath for influence."

"Rock is the music of rebels, whether they actually rebel or merely want to. It is the music of the downtrodden, the broken, those who look out at this ****ty world and want to scream out in defiance. You ask who listens to Rock and Roll."
    Bear sweeps his arm to indicate the dilapidated buildings all around, "My answer is everyone."

"Now then, I'd be happy to discuss music and musical theory with you, but somehow I suspect you're not really interested. I do have places to be, so I shall wish you a good day, and continue on."

Bear will attempt to resume walking past the young thug.

Show
    Bear's angrier about this situation than he's letting on, main reason he's holding back is he doesn't want to have to explain shots fired, whether they hit him or not. Same for any reports of his abilities. I'll be trying intimidation if the soft approach doesn't work.
    Presence+Persuasion Roll (4d10)[3][1][1][4](9)
    Ten again (4d10)[1][6][8][8](23)
    Edit: Um, ouch, somehow I don't think I'm going to persuade them that way. Hmm, what the hell, make it a crit fail for a beat?
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-06-03 at 09:51 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara snatches a few pics of the interior of the museum while listening to the rest of her Pack poke their questions at Mary.

Eventually, she turns her bright smile back to the woman and slides her phone back into its resting place in her bra under a too-baggy tank top.

"I'd love a tour, Mary! But as my friends can attest, we're a bit curious about the history of the town. For example....um....how long has the Old Melville Port Hall been sitting empty? Our agent didn't come up with any prior owners or anything.....and maybe you could toss the name of a reliable cleaning service my way? You know how it is, Mary! Sometimes a girl just doesn't want to get on her hands and knee's for anything...especially scrubbing the floor!" Kara offers Mary an overly dramatic wink.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mary chuckles at Juno's question. "Oh, that?", she says pointing up at the skeleton, "That is KOBO, a juvenile Blue Whale that is about 66 feet long. He was struck by a tanker in 1998 and died from the collision. He washed up on the shore in Rhode Island" Still smiling her large artificial smile, Mary says, "KOBO stands for King of the Blue Ocean." Her voice is rather high pitched and has a rushed sing song nature to it.

Show
    This was not made up. You can look this up ;)

Kara asks about the Porthouse and Mary turns her mask like countenance on the young Uratha. "If memory serves me correctly, the original porthouse was built in 1836, and existed for about 100 years. In 1924, the old ship house burned down, and was replaced by the Winfield Canary within a year. The warehouse packed and shipped sardines till the 60's when the company went out of business. The building has mostly been collecting dust since then. If anyone owns it, I sure don't know a thing. But the building is too historic for the town to tear it down. You say you are moving into the building? Very interesting."

maybe you could toss the name of a reliable cleaning service my way? You know how it is, Mary! Sometimes a girl just doesn't want to get on her hands and knee's for anything...especially scrubbing the floor!" Kara offers Mary an overly dramatic wink.
    Mary chuckles, the laughter both high pitched and phlegmatic. "Oh, I have a cousin who runs a wonderful cleaning service. I would be happy to give you her number." The plastic grin spreads even further across the woman's grayish face.

Spoiler: OOC Daishain
    Show
    Go ahead and take a beat. Poor Bear

"Shut the **** up!" the boy growls, taking a step back and drawing his gun. The other two thugs step forward to stand beside him. The skinny kid is now grinning something evil, his eyes darkening and narrowing into murderous slits. "Bitch, why don't you start by giving me your wallet."

The other two catch on, and one steps forward to receive Bear's belongings, a hand extended outwards.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear stands up tall and flexes, his grin has vanished, and he's starting to growl as he flatly states, "Let me tell you something you foolish little boy. I've been shot, stabbed, even deliberately run over with a truck, none of it has done more than slow me down. And those I've left to wake up in the hospital are the lucky ones among my enemies. This is your only warning. Discharge that little peashooter in my direction, and I will shove it so far up your rectum that it might go off if you sneeze."

If they merely hesitate instead of running off, he'll say, "If you think you can't back down right now without losing face, then how about an alternative. I don't want the cops involved here any more than you do. Put the gun away, and all three of you square up. If the three of you fighting together can beat me, I'll not only give you my wallet, I'll tell you the pin code so you can get cash off of the debit account. Or are all of you too cowardly to rely on your fists rather than a firearm?"

Show
    If it appears the thug is about to pull the trigger, Bear will attempt to lay him out immediately. He'll activate his Crushing Blow ability at the cost of 1 essence. -2 to the guy's defense, and the strike deals lethal damage rather than bludgeoning.
    Presence+Intimidation (5d10)[8][10][1][3][9](31)
    Initiative (If needed) (5d10)[5][10][8][4][10](37)
    First Strike (If needed) (7d10)[9][2][10][6][5][1][10](43)
    Ten again (nine again in the case of the brawling roll) (5d10)[2][5][6][1][4](18)

Edit: so many ten and nine agains, but no love on the roll to boost them... Oh well, excellent rolling nonetheless.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-06-04 at 01:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara asks about the Porthouse and Mary turns her mask like countenance on the young Uratha. "If memory serves me correctly, the original porthouse was built in 1836, and existed for about 100 years. In 1924, the old ship house burned down, and was replaced by the Winfield Canary within a year. The warehouse packed and shipped sardines till the 60's when the company went out of business. The building has mostly been collecting dust since then. If anyone owns it, I sure don't know a thing. But the building is too historic for the town to tear it down. You say you are moving into the building? Very interesting."
    Kara waves her hand airily as if making it seem like it's no big deal. "Our manager said we needed to find a space to rehearse music and not have to annoy the neighbors, y'know? We figured, what better than a warehouse somewhere we wont disturb other people?"

Mary chuckles, the laughter both high pitched and phlegmatic. "Oh, I have a cousin who runs a wonderful cleaning service. I would be happy to give you her number." The plastic grin spreads even further across the woman's grayish face.
    Kara beams at the fake woman, while a curling nugget of disquiet starts to form in her gut. "Oh, would you Mary? We'd be SO grateful!" She pulls her cellphone out and takes down the number of the cleaning service if it's offered, never losing her own charming smile.

"You said it has historical significance? By any chance do you know if the local government has given it a protected status? Wonder if we could get a tax break if we maintain it, y'know?" Kara taps her chin thoughtfully, while errantly wandering through the museum to see if there's anything that jumps out as interesting or out of place. Anything that might twig a half-dreamed memory.

Show

I'm not sure if this is entirely appropriate, but I'm going to give it a roll anyhow. Benno, if you'd rather i roll something else, I'd be happy to! Just trying to be proactive here. Hehe

Wits 2 + Occult 1 + Dream Specialization 1
    (4d10)[9][7][8][8](32)

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Juno's previous exuberance flickers at the whale's story, and forgets the intrigue of the tourist trap entirely when Kara asks about a cleaning service. She waits for the other uratha to finish her banal pleasantries before tugging Kara to the side with a whispering hiss. It's deliberatley done so the tour guide can't easily hear them:

"What is wrong with you?!? We can't just let random strangers into our den. What if the cleaning crew vandalizes those protection wards!? Or do a half-ass job?!? Don't you dare call that number."

Spoiler: ooc/rolls
    Show

...Can I roll manipulation or composure + persuasion on Kara?

(4d10)[6][5][5][4](20)

<BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Bear does his best to force the thug to back off; but when he doesn’t offer up the wallet or any money, it becomes clear that the young thug is stealing himself to pull the trigger.

Rather than wait Bear strikes first. He pours Essence into the punch, letting the powers of The Hisil flood his fist.

The thug fires his pistol, but still reeling from Bear’s strike, the bullet lodges into the Uratha’s shoulder, a stabbing bee sting that will mean nothing in moments. But the bullet flares Bear’s anger.

The othe two thugs panic and flee, terrified by the gunfire.

Show
    Bear’s initiative is 10 to the thugs 6 (you only roll 1d10 and add it to your initiative so I took the first dice roll). He burns two essence and his first strike does 2 lethal damage (after defense modifier).

After a negative modifier, and Bear’s defense, the thug should only have had a chance dice. I rolled on my phone to minimize the number of posts, it impossibly came up a 10, so Bear takes one lethal damage.

I am going to have Bear roll to fight off Kuruth, which isn’t technically in the rules but I think appropriate. Rolle Resolve + Composure to completely avoid Death Rage. If failed, you will enter soft rage, as if triggered and then will roll to fight off Basu Im as normal.

Mary gives Kara the contact information for her cousin’s business. It is a small white card with the name “Crabby’s Cleaners” on it in red print.

After exchanging pleasantries, the strange looking woman begins the tour of the museum. She leads the band through a room filled solely with different sailor’s knots made of different types of ropes and string. There is a room filled with whale parts, including several severed and preserved whale penises, each one larger and thicker than Bear’s forearm. There is a giant room with a life sized whaling vessel that looks strikingly familiar, though much more substantial than Pequod’s flickering form was in The Shadow.

Show
    @Tonberry: You can’t use rolls to compel another PC to do things. You will have to work it out IC and OOC. It’s probalby a debate that can be had later.

I am moving things along since no one else posted today. However, could I have players roll Int + Occult to recognize a few important items within the museum.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2018-06-05 at 09:11 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

Blaze kept his eyes open and periodically took a peer into the spirit realm, just to see what was going on. The museum was a lot more interesting than he initially expected it would be.

Spoiler
    Show
    int + occult: (8d10)[1][10][10][10][4][10][8][10](63)
    9 again: (5d10)[8][8][10][8][1](35)
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

With that much less of an audience, Bear decides to end this right away. Stepping in close, the man's form surges upward even as he uses the shift to add more force to his next blow.

Show
    Striking out again (9d10)[5][6][9][10][5][6][1][9][3](54)
    nine again (9d10)[5][4][6][7][5][4][3][10][6](50)

Shifting to Dalu form, whether or not I go into Wasu-im and lose the choice. Using claws for lethal damage.

Thug needs to roll vs mild lunacy. In addition, Bear will use the size shift and his Tactical Shifting merit to shove the man back. Its a 1 point size difference, so if he doesn't dodge, he'll suffer 1 bludgeoning damage, and has to roll Dex+athletics vs being knocked down.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara offers a sly grin to Juno as she’s bodily tugged to the side and scolded. The amusement rolls off her in palpable waves. She gives Juno a nudge with her elbow, and shakes her head with a scoff.

Please, give me some credit. It never hurts to make some connections in town. Besides….they wouldn’t mess it up. You’d be there to supervise!” The Cahalith cackles gleefully, and tucks the business card into her pocket before playfully sticking her tongue out at Juno. ”I’m just bugging ya Juno. Take a chill pill.”

Show

Intelligence 2 + Occult 1

As the pack moves through the museum, Kara enjoys the strangely morbid quality that seems to have settled on the place; a town left to slowly die as it had outlived its purpose. A slow decline, much like the World they lived in now.

She slows as she passes a mural of a mother blue whale and her calf. She stops before it, brow furrowed in consternation as she stares hard at the mural; eyes seeming to be looking, and yet not comprehending.

”Wh…What?” She manages to rasp out, before her eyes glaze and her body goes painfully rigid. She can’t see. Everything is black and blue and swirling and in some part of her mind she knows she’s deep…too deep…the pressure of the sea above her crushing and so, so cold. Somehow her vision in the depths clarifies, and flashes of memory rip through conscious thought. The mother whale and her calf are deep, swimming to rejoin their pod. Then, death. Horror. Long tentacles of neither flesh nor spirit grasp and crush firmer than the deep water ever could. Blood. So much blood. It’s filling the water like reddish-black ink. The calf crying out in fear and loss as it’s mother is slain so horribly. She hears the sounds from below, where the thing came from. It should not be…..it could not be….

Just as suddenly as the dream-visions appeared they had vanished, leaving Kara unsteady on her feet. She was paler than usual, green around the gills and her skin was clammy. She seemed to be struggling to breath, ragged gasping sounds. Then, there was a flurry of movement as she suddenly sprung forward to throw herself at the nearest garbage can – where she promptly began to heave and vomit in between gasping breaths.
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-06-06 at 12:42 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    After factoring in Defense, Bear does 2 more Lethal damage with his strike then 1 bashing damage (total 4 lethal and 1 bashing). Despite the negative 2 penalty, the thug gets an exceptional success on his Lunacy roll (6d10 -2=4d10, rolled 10,10,9,8 then 8,8 for the re-rolls).

Bear's transformation causes the boy to stumble backwards, eyes wide. But he miraculously does not back down. Bear's claws leave a large bleeding gash in the thug's chest and drop him to his knees. He stumbles backwards, practically tripping over the stairs has he makes his way up the porch and to the door, where he fires a wild shot. The bullet goes well wide of Bear, who should now have the opportunity to finish his prey off.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Do I want to know what they did with the whale d***s? He thought with a wry smile Yes. But I really don't want Mary telling me

He cast his eyes sideways, taking in the spirit shadow of the artifacts, paying particular attention to the dismembered pieces of whale and the great ship looming above. Viewed through the right eyes museums could be seen as nothing more than deposits of mankind's mistakes, mistaken beliefs, arrogance and peculiarities. Saved for posterity later generations could look back to such benighted ages with undeserved superiority. Solomon was not normally so cynical but he had come here to better understand Pequod, to understand the minds of the men and women that had spawned the mighty Spirit. Their daily lives, their superstitions, their hopes and fears. He took in the tour attempting to regress himself into a mindset now lost to the world.

This building is testament to how much has changed since Pequod came into being. Imagine the pride the people here once must have felt. They were the number one whaling city in the world and it fed everything. Now their descendants wring their hands at the mistakes of the past, issuing apologies for ghosts. They profit by educating about the mistakes of their forefathers. They build a better world in which their ancestors could not exist, all the while claiming to honour their memory.
    God! I hope I never get so old.

He finds a quiet moment to have a word with Mary 'Has anything... You know, bad happened in the warehouse? Like I said I really wanna use it in a photo shoot, but you know what people are like these days.' Solomon waved his hand dismissively for emphasis. People like Mary loved talking about 'these days' or 'the old days.' In Solomon's view that simply meant they didn't live enough at night. 'We're just starting to make it big, if we do an album cover and it turns out a massacre or something happened there, the twitterverse will tear us apart.
    'Kara thinks I'm worrying over nothing, but she's too busy posting on social media to stop and read it. There's a lot of ugliness out there. People today are all too ready to blame the living for the mistakes of the distant past. Maybe I am worrying over nothing, but can you put my mind at ease all the same?'

(Slightly later)
    Solomon is still inspecting the ship when he hears Kara retching. At first he is merely curious and slightly amused, yet that drains from him instantly when he sees where the sound is coming from as the blood drains from his face.
    He crosses the museum in leaps and bounds, in his haste he nearly knocked Mary head over heels and came closer than he cared to admit to wiping out a display of irreplaceable 19th century mummified whale remains. Grinding to a hope beside her he stopped, suddenly unsure of what to do. He settled for rubbing her back and gently telling her she'd be ok over and over until the heaving stopped.
    He tried to hide it but he was worried. It took a lot to make an Uratha sick and Kara had seemed fine minutes ago. He threw his senses into the Spirit, seeking any plague spirit that might have done this to her.

Show
    I have no Occult and that -3 wipes my int pool so I can't even roll to notice whatever.

Looking into the spirit at the ship and whale pieces before Kara is ill.
    When Kara is ill look into the Spirit around her
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2018-06-06 at 04:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear aims to finish this mess, deliberately clubbing the thug's head into the surface behind him. Any tales of his transformation should be attributed to the severe concussion, if the fool lives of course.

Show
    Trying not to kill him outright, Bear wouldn't be too upset if this guy died, not after the thug tried to murder him over a wallet. Bdut he's not going to cause that deliberately without the pack's blessing, so going back to fists rather than claws for the finish,

Brawl (8d10)[7][1][8][8][5][1][7][4](41)
    nine agains (8d10)[10][3][8][10][5][1][3][4](44)
    Hmm, just two successes, maybe I shouldn't be so confident he's already finished.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-06-06 at 03:23 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze hmmed as he looked over the crown. Some weird stuff he’d never thought would ever come in useful just popped up again. Very odd. He made a mental note to discuss ot with the Pack later, but for now he just snapped a few photos on his phone.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-06-07 at 07:53 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

He finds a quiet moment to have a word with Mary 'Has anything... You know, bad happened in the warehouse? Like I said I really wanna use it in a photo shoot, but you know what people are like these days.' Solomon waved his hand dismissively for emphasis. People like Mary loved talking about 'these days' or 'the old days.' In Solomon's view that simply meant they didn't live enough at night. 'We're just starting to make it big, if we do an album cover and it turns out a massacre or something happened there, the twitterverse will tear us apart.
    'Kara thinks I'm worrying over nothing, but she's too busy posting on social media to stop and read it. There's a lot of ugliness out there. People today are all too ready to blame the living for the mistakes of the distant past. Maybe I am worrying over nothing, but can you put my mind at ease all the same?'
    The odd woman shrugs her shoulders, plastic smile never leaving her rouged lips. "Well as I said before, the original Shipyard burned down before they turned it into the warehouse. I can't say I know of any terrible events that happened there after, but the Waterfront has been plagued by gang violence and crime off and on for the last few decades. It's a miracle that building has not been more vandalized, but I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of crimes were committed there at some point."

Spoiler: Spirit gazing
    Show
    The various areas of the museum continue to appear as a mausoleum to the various artifacts on display. Spirits of greed, and pride and knowledge flit about, mostly steering clear of the pack of Uratha walking among their territory. As with most parts of the Hisil, there are paths and halls that don't exist at all in The Flesh; stairways leading down into darkness, and ominous looking crypt doors with no parallel in reality.

Little changes after Kara cries out, other than the spirits giving the group an even larger berth.

Bear approaches the backed up thug and clubs him hard. The boy's head smashes backwards into the painted metal door behind him with a loud thud, and he collapses to the ground completely limp at Bear's feet. The boy is unconscious, breathing shallowly, a small pool of blood collecting from a ragged laceration on his forehead.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“Uh, Kara, you alright there?” Blaze asked, “you’re looking a bit pale...er, than usual.”
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear's adrenaline starts to fade shortly after relinquishing Dalu. He'll live, probably. Now, just need to call the cops, play the part of a lucky victim who ducked under the thug's first bullet in order to beat the pulp out of him. Between the gun and the gang colors, they won't ask many questions. The little bastard should wake up in jail with none believing any tales about...

Bear's eyes wander down to the thug's chest. ****. Shouldn't have used the claws.

He looks out to see if there are any witnesses, then back at the prone form. The marks won't be nearly as much of a problem without this guy telling his side of the tale...

Damnit, its just a kid! Bear's fist clenches again as he considers, a kid who just tried to murder me over a lousy wallet. Bullets might not work all that well on me, but who knows how many innocents have fallen victim to this one.

Bear uses all of his senses to ensure he is not being observed by any humans right now.

Show
    Wits+Composure (5d10)[2][6][8][4][3](23)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara spends a few more moments hovering over the garbage can, breathing as slow and deep as she can manage in an effort to calm herself. She feels the comforting hand upon her back, and slumps as the tension ebbs away.

"I...uh....I was..um...daydreaming? One of my....nightmares from before we got here, y'know?"

She glances up with reddened eyes and huffs, hoping that Mary, or anyone else really paid no attention to her episode.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“Yeah, well, between you and me there’s some weird stuff here,” Blaze said, looking around warily, “we’ll have to talk about it later.”
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear sighs, contemplating what he is about to do, "No time to consult with the others or arrange an alternative. Heck, just calling and asking is not an acceptable risk, they'll be looking at my phone records."

Looking down at the unconscious young man, he steels himself, "I will have to atone for this. I am sorry, but Nu Bath Githul. This law guides my actions. May you know a better life than that which this world granted you."

Kneeling beside the body, in a manner that would most likely hide what he was doing from any onlookers he might have missed, Bear aims carefully, and strikes out once more, aiming for the larynx.

Dialing 911 on his phone, Bear puts it on speaker as he rips off his shirt with the bullet hole in it, wrapping it over the claw marks on the chest. The bullet wound should be healed by the time others get here, but the mysterious hole and blood would provoke questions. But if it gets used as a bandage...

"Hello? I need an ambulance and a squad car. I was just attacked in the narrows by a man with a gun. I turned the tables on him, but he's not looking good. Got the bleeding stopped, but... Oh f***, I think he's choking now, how the f*** do I fix this?"
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-06-10 at 05:18 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Now, the funny thing about nobody paying attention is...

Juno watched Kara walk away with unbridled ire, nothing new there, but her expression breaks when she sees her werewolf pier haul ass towards a garbage can to heave. Without thinking she follows Kara, her hand grabbing up and holding the blond's hair away from her ....trajectory...

"What was that about? Something...bugging you about this place? " she says, trying to come up with code for 'is anything threatening you and can we go werewolf it?' and arguably failing.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

With Kara's departure, followed by Blaze and Juno, the group's guide comes waddling over. "Oh dear," she says with plastic smile still in place, "Are you okay deary?"

The 911 responder begins grilling Bear for information regarding his location and the exact events. She requests that Bear stays where he is, and that he does not perform any attempts at medical care unless he is medically trained. She encourages him to seek aid from anyone around, but again, re-emphasizes that he is not to leave the scene.

Show
    Ya, Bear passes his Breaking Point test and stays at his current harmony. However, I will give you an extra beat for dramatic story telling. I leave it up to you as to whether Bear complies, gives his personal information and sticks around, or if he hightails it out of there.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2018-06-11 at 11:39 AM.
    Show