Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle IV: The Source Material Loses

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    If they keep doing live action matches, I'd be interested in seeing a battle between Merlin ((BBC)), vs The Evil Queen ((Once Upon A Time)).
    That's extremely vague though. I've only seen maybe a dozen episodes of Merlin from early seasons that I've largely forgotten so I don't know where that ended up, but Regina's magic was mostly plot-dependant for what she could do in any given week.

Though OUaT mostly relied on throwing fireballs, that pretty ubiquitous smokey teleportation effect, and the usual television go-to of hand-wave = telekinetic shove -- because they presumably could keep recreating those visuals cheaply.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    That's extremely vague though. I've only seen maybe a dozen episodes of Merlin from early seasons that I've largely forgotten so I don't know where that ended up, but Regina's magic was mostly plot-dependant for what she could do in any given week.

Though OUaT mostly relied on throwing fireballs, that pretty ubiquitous smokey teleportation effect, and the usual television go-to of hand-wave = telekinetic shove -- because they presumably could keep recreating those visuals cheaply.
    Yeah, what Regina could do at any given time was entirely plot dependent from show to show. However, she didn't seem capable of taking down most significant threats by herself. Merlin on the other hand, seemed more than capable of summoning thunderstorms and lightning bolts, as much as he could command the forces of levitation. Especially with his Sidhe Staff.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Sounds to me the opposite of vague. With only a few episodes to a few seasons of a LIVE-ACTION TV show as your source materials, your characters will be way more grounded than the usual characters they prefer who exist in at least two forms of media (manga and anime at the very least) and usually many more than that.

Also, Mario vs. Sonic rematch? What? Why?

The only rematch we’ve seen is so far is Superman v. Goku and that fight feels like its fueled half the pages on all the threads. What earth shattering event would make us thing the outcome should be changed?

Of course, they’ve admitted the rules they are following now have congealed after a lot of these episodes and the early matches were practically Wild West compared to how they think of fights now. However, rematches without new significant new potentially-outcome changing source material just seem wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Also, Mario vs. Sonic rematch? What? Why?

The only rematch we’ve seen is so far is Superman v. Goku and that fight feels like its fueled half the pages on all the threads. What earth shattering event would make us thing the outcome should be changed?

Of course, they’ve admitted the rules they are following now have congealed after a lot of these episodes and the early matches were practically Wild West compared to how they think of fights now. However, rematches without new significant new potentially-outcome changing source material just seem wrong.
    Well there are the new Mario games, so that could change things up. That with the new rules. So Mario winning this time around doesn't seem that unlikely.
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.

Spoiler: Regarding RPG Discussions
    Show
    I don't care about RAW. I only care about RAI (Rules as Interpreted/Intended), RACS (Rules as Common Sense) and RAF (Rules as Fun).

Please don't bother to respond to me if all you want to talk about is RAW.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

So, Mario vs Sonic happened.
    It was fun. I had no stakes in the outcome but I'm not surprised, I feel like they tried to calculate even more stuff than other times, which of course just gives more ridiculous numbers... But I really don't care.
    I also quite liked most of the animation. Very different from other episodes but it was nice.

Next time...
    Spoiler
    Show

Evil Robot Showdown. Sigma vs Ultron. I feel I know neither well enough to make a call on this...My gut says Ultron, though.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    So, Mario vs Sonic happened.
    It was fun. I had no stakes in the outcome but I'm not surprised, I feel like they tried to calculate even more stuff than other times, which of course just gives more ridiculous numbers... But I really don't care.
    I also quite liked most of the animation. Very different from other episodes but it was nice.

Next time...
    Spoiler
    Show

Evil Robot Showdown. Sigma vs Ultron. I feel I know neither well enough to make a call on this...My gut says Ultron, though.
    Spoiler: Next Time...
    Show
    Ultron vs Sigma is interesting in part because the villain of Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite is Ultron Sigma. That is Ultron and Sigma merged into one.

Also thematically, they are very appropriate. One is an artificial lifeform with a severe hatred of organic life, capable of subverting any computer system. He is impossible to keep down as whenever one of his bodies is destroyed he comes back with a more powerful one soon after. The other, of course, is Ultron.

When they team up in MvC:I the conversation is basically like this:

"All biological life must be exterminated."
    "Agreed, but how?"
    "With violence!"

I mean just look at this:

(Jump to 3:39-ish)

I would almost be disappointed if the winner doesn't absorb the loser here and become Ultron Sigma.