New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Death Battle IV: The Source Material Loses

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    I put Jade's age at like 8 (9 actually), whereas Toph is 12. Also why I'm not counting Sora/Pit, once they start undergoing puberty they're obviously fair game.
    So... Killing 8-yo is too much, but killing 12-yo is a-okay? That's some twisted morality right there...
    Homebrew Stuff:

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    The funny thing about Donald's superhero gear is that, until a few years ago, you'd be right. But then the Timecrime story happened. In which Agent Double Duck teamed up with Paperinik establishing that Double Duck is the future of the superhero stories. And also making a lot of callouts to other seemingly incompatible storylines, like the other two secret agencies. Timecrime is why amalgamated Donald Duck exists. Unlike other series where it's a stretch to consider all the versions the same character, Donald, with the exception of his Kingdom Hearts counterpart, is the same character. That's the Donald I want for a Death Battle. Because it's so utterly ridiculous that it deserves to be highlighted. And well, Daffy as Duck Dodgers is really the best thematic opponent.

European Donald Duck comics are weird and it's amazing to see peoples' reactions to them. Also, Donald Duck in a giant mech fighting a giant alien that feeds on your fear. Not making that up.
    Trauma was an amazing story. Expecially the fact that isn't the super robot that wins the fight, but the duck behind the mask. My favourite PKNA story, probably.

And... if we go before Timecrime, "standard" Paperinik weapons are free game. He would have Gyro Gearloose made weapons. Like freeze guns, invisibility cloack, the 313-x car with missiles... less galactic and time traveling powerhouse, and more cartoony Batman.
    I'm from Italy. So,sorry for my bad English!

Thanks A LOT to Nevitan for the fantastic Avatar!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

The funny thing about Donald's superhero gear is that, until a few years ago, you'd be right. But then the Timecrime story happened. In which Agent Double Duck teamed up with Paperinik establishing that Double Duck is the future of the superhero stories. And also making a lot of callouts to other seemingly incompatible storylines, like the other two secret agencies. Timecrime is why amalgamated Donald Duck exists.
    Well that would establish every Donald Duck story is, in fact, fair game. However, the problem remains killing Daffy Duck regardless of whether its amalgam Daffy with green lantern powers and Duck Dodgers equipment or just plain old Daffy Duck.

Daffy can survive disintegration, planet explosions, universal destruction and break the fourth wall. Unless Donald Duck can kill the animator Daffy is going to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Yeah... Looney Tunes are all basically indestructible. They can be wounded, maimed, mangled and gutted, of course... But they just come back good as new in the very next scene.

Disney characters generally don't go that far in character damage.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2018-05-11 at 10:48 AM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well that would establish every Donald Duck story is, in fact, fair game. However, the problem remains killing Daffy Duck regardless of whether its amalgam Daffy with green lantern powers and Duck Dodgers equipment or just plain old Daffy Duck.

Daffy can survive disintegration, planet explosions, universal destruction and break the fourth wall. Unless Donald Duck can kill the animator Daffy is going to win.
    Is it strange that theres precedent for that? Theres an episode where Bugs draws the cartoon.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Is it strange that theres precedent for that? Theres an episode where Bugs draws the cartoon.
    Not strange there’s a precedent for animators being drawn into the action in Looney Tunes. This is a cartoon franchise full of fourth-wall breaking. Occasionally also suggestions of surreality, existential crisis and comedic riffs philosophical quandaries of existence.

However, I haven’t seen anything so bold in with the classic Disney characters. That’s the problem, no matter how awesome amalgam Donald Duck is, the question is who wins a death battle.

Donald just can’t kill Daffy. I’m not so sure Daffy blowing up the planet (he did this to Planet X as Duck Dodger) wouldn’t kill Donald.

By the way, add Daffy Duck to the list of planet-busters.
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not strange there’s a precedent for animators being drawn into the action in Looney Tunes. This is a cartoon franchise full of fourth-wall breaking. Occasionally also suggestions of surreality, existential crisis and comedic riffs philosophical quandaries of existence.

However, I haven’t seen anything so bold in with the classic Disney characters. That’s the problem, no matter how awesome amalgam Donald Duck is, the question is who wins a death battle.

Donald just can’t kill Daffy. I’m not so sure Daffy blowing up the planet (he did this to Planet X as Duck Dodger) wouldn’t kill Donald.

I feel like I have to say that it was a function of his otherwise mostly unused spaceship that destroyed Planet X, not the duck himself.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Moak View Post
    Trauma was an amazing story. Expecially the fact that isn't the super robot that wins the fight, but the duck behind the mask. My favourite PKNA story, probably.

And... if we go before Timecrime, "standard" Paperinik weapons are free game. He would have Gyro Gearloose made weapons. Like freeze guns, invisibility cloack, the 313-x car with missiles... less galactic and time traveling powerhouse, and more cartoony Batman.
    Yeah, Trauma was an amazing story. One and Donald spend the entire story trying to find a way to fight Trauma without being exposed to his fear waves, but in the end, the way to beat him was not to block the fear, but to conquer it. Not with a giant mech, not as masked hero. But as a normal little duck who found enough courage to say "No!" Donald won that fight, not Paperinik.

True, a more realistic Donald would need a more realistic foe, I guess. Though I would not entirely count Donald out since he does have a Chronoparalyzer in his shield. Daffy can't Daffy around if he is frozen in time.

I suppose if you want a fairer fight, or at least a fight where the opponents make sense in context towards each other, you want Howard the Duck or Rocket Raccoon or something. Someone who's also, sort of a superhero and an anthropomorphic animal.

Honestly, I just want to see the Death Battle overview of Donald Duck. Just to see when Boomstick would start accusing it of being made up. Is it when Donald literally laughed Death in the face? Is it when Donald broke the Holy Grail by using it a bludgeon? Perhaps when Donald did Inception years before the movie? Or when learning that Donald has access to a star cruiser? The secret agent stuff is going to raise an eyebrow, too, especially when learning that the Agency's supercomputer is a personality scan of Donald because he's just that good.

Oh and the one time he fought The Black Knight whose armor was coated in the Universal Solvent, that can instantly destroy anything it touches, except diamonds. He got himself and the knight locked into Scrooge's diamond vault and waited for the armor to dissolve all the air in the room. Whoever asphyxiates first loses! Basically, Donald plays for keeps. If a battle ever came down to who just wanted it more, it's Donald. He does take the option most wouldn't consider if it'll let him win.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

True, a more realistic Donald would need a more realistic foe, I guess. Though I would not entirely count Donald out since he does have a Chronoparalyzer in his shield. Daffy can't Daffy around if he is frozen in time.

I suppose if you want a fairer fight, or at least a fight where the opponents make sense in context towards each other, you want Howard the Duck or Rocket Raccoon or something. Someone who's also, sort of a superhero and an anthropomorphic animal.

Honestly, I just want to see the Death Battle overview of Donald Duck. Just to see when Boomstick would start accusing it of being made up. Is it when Donald literally laughed Death in the face? Is it when Donald broke the Holy Grail by using it a bludgeon? Perhaps when Donald did Inception years before the movie? Or when learning that Donald has access to a star cruiser? The secret agent stuff is going to raise an eyebrow, too, especially when learning that the Agency's supercomputer is a personality scan of Donald because he's just that good.
    I wouldn't say Daffy is a bad opponent just because, ultimately, Daffy is unbeatable. The two have a great deal in common as comedic heroes and as the butt. Their powers will interact great with each other.

I wouldn't say Daffy is absolutely going to get the kill. Someone wants to claim you can't use Daffy's rocket that blew up planet X (I wouldn't be surprised if he has other BFGs though...like the lantern ring). Daffy is generally horrible at actually landing blows.

We can consider the possibility of an alternative ending. Does it make sense for Daffy to refuse to participate anymore after things get truly ridiculous and walk off the set (or the page or whatever)?

Great Death Battle fights are not just about who wins. In particular, I wouldn't be too attached to making sure your fighterwins. Let Donald be Donald to the extreme, let Daffy be Daffy, and the show will write itself.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I wouldn't say Daffy is a bad opponent just because, ultimately, Daffy is unbeatable. The two have a great deal in common as comedic heroes and as the butt. Their powers will interact great with each other.

I wouldn't say Daffy is absolutely going to get the kill. Someone wants to claim you can't use Daffy's rocket that blew up planet X (I wouldn't be surprised if he has other BFGs though...like the lantern ring). Daffy is generally horrible at actually landing blows.

We can consider the possibility of an alternative ending. Does it make sense for Daffy to refuse to participate anymore after things get truly ridiculous and walk off the set (or the page or whatever)?

Great Death Battle fights are not just about who wins. In particular, I wouldn't be too attached to making sure your fighterwins. Let Donald be Donald to the extreme, let Daffy be Daffy, and the show will write itself.
    For better or worse, DB has consistently considered "can't be killed" as an auto-win... Doomsday, Dante, Deadpool... All of their victories pretty much boiled down to "the other guy might be stronger, but this guy just can't be killed!". I actually like Donald more than Daffy, but by DB logic, he has no chance of winning.

Huh... Do all immortal characters have names that start with "D" (including Daffy)?
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2018-05-11 at 05:25 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    For better or worse, DB has consistently considered "can't be killed" as an auto-win... Doomsday, Dante, Deadpool... All of their victories pretty much boiled down to "the other guy might be stronger, but this guy just can't be killed!". I actually like Donald more than Daffy, but by DB logic, he has no chance of winning.

Huh... Do all immortal characters have names that start with "D" (including Daffy)?
    The will of D incarnate.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

For better or worse, DB has consistently considered "can't be killed" as an auto-win... Doomsday, Dante, Deadpool... All of their victories pretty much boiled down to "the other guy might be stronger, but this guy just can't be killed!"
    It sort of works as a rule doesn't it? If one character can't be killed, and the other can, whose going to win? You would think, somehow, eventually unkillable A will prevail against killable B.

You don't have to be stronger, faster, in any way. If your unkillable, so long as you are capable of a force that is deadly against your opponent, sooner or later you are going to prevail.

Add to that, the whole point of a Death Battle is that its a battle to the death, you need a real good justification for providing any outcome that doesn't involve one party dying. I think in the entire history of Death Battle we got 1 simo KO and 1 "other" resolution and both were joke match-ups.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It sort of works as a rule doesn't it? If one character can't be killed, and the other can, whose going to win? You would think, somehow, eventually unkillable A will prevail against killable B.

You don't have to be stronger, faster, in any way. If your unkillable, so long as you are capable of a force that is deadly against your opponent, sooner or later you are going to prevail.

Add to that, the whole point of a Death Battle is that its a battle to the death, you need a real good justification for providing any outcome that doesn't involve one party dying. I think in the entire history of Death Battle we got 1 simo KO and 1 "other" resolution and both were joke match-ups.
    I don't know that I would call Daffy vs Donald a joke matchup exactly, but it would definitely be firmly in the comedic side of DB. Frankly, I think the most likely ending of such an encounter is both characters getting sick of it and turning their powers on the DB team.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

In general, yes... But there are cases where it gets shady. e.g.: Dante x Bayonetta. While it's true that no enemy managed to kill Dante, he has been severely injured in the past... And Bayonetta killed a freaking god!

Doomsday vs Hulk... Meh... Doomsday has been beaten before and Hulk's attacks not only cause physical damage, they also irradiate immense amounts of gamma radiation. Doomsdays suffered so much from villain decay and worf effect that he isn't all that impressive anymore. I can accept the possibility that Doomsday would win over the Hulk, but I didn't find DB's take on it to be very convincing... But it wasn't absurd either and I don't particularly care, so whatever.

Deadpool vs Deathstroke... Yeah... That one there's not much to discuss. Deadpool not only regenerates really fast, he's downright immune to death, and despite his goofy personality, he's very skilled. He once single-handedly beat Taskmaster and a bunch of other hitmen... With his hands and feet literally handcuffed. Deathstroke might be better than him, but it not as much as DB seemed to think.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2018-05-11 at 10:14 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

15. - Top - End - #195
    Banned

I feel confident that Looney Tunes has done the "character gets killed and turns into a cartoon ghost/angel" gag with Daffy a few times. He's not invulnerable. If nothing else, it's definitely possible to beat him senseless which I would consider a win. Although Death Battle does tend to ignore things like that in favor of only considering a character's best feats.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2018-05-11 at 10:22 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    The will of D incarnate.
    Daffy D Duck.. Has a nice ring to it...

I'll agree with Daffy being very hard to finish but I feel like it would still make for an interesting fight. I'm trying to think of another opponent for Donald but come up short.. Though I feel there must be more famous ducks.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

In general, yes... But there are cases where it gets shady. e.g.: Dante x Bayonetta. While it's true that no enemy managed to kill Dante, he has been severely injured in the past... And Bayonetta killed a freaking god!

Doomsday vs Hulk... Meh... Doomsday has been beaten before and Hulk's attacks not only cause physical damage, they also irradiate immense amounts of gamma radiation. Doomsdays suffered so much from villain decay and worf effect that he isn't all that impressive anymore. I can accept the possibility that Doomsday would win over the Hulk, but I didn't find DB's take on it to be very convincing... But it wasn't absurd either and I don't particularly care, so whatever.

Deadpool vs Deathstroke... Yeah... That one there's not much to discuss. Deadpool not only regenerates really fast, he's downright immune to death, and despite his goofy personality, he's very skilled. He once single-handedly beat Taskmaster and a bunch of other hitmen... With his hands and feet literally handcuffed. Deathstroke might be better than him, but it not as much as DB seemed to think.

Dante - I get he's been injured in some way he couldn't just regenerate, but is that where he is by the end? Also, we've established the word "god" doesn't mean anything until you can put stats to the term. Did Bayonetta kill something with regeneration? Some sort of immunity? What properties does her arsenal have that allowed her to kill an immortal? Lacking answers to those questions, whether its a "god" or "demon" or whatever, its just a big thing that got killed.

Doomsday - your argument is sounds sort of like Doomsday lately, undermines Doomsday past. I'd like to see the evidence why he can't regenerate after a Hulk gamma-radiation pounding though.

Deadpool - I think you take the analysis too seriously. Its meant to be a five minute analysis to introduce and highlight the characters, followed by a fight that they admit is both entertainment and to show how they think the powers will interact. Every post show they go into why they didn't use various things from the character match up (such as Sora's reflect) and while they often have a substantive answer (not really part of the arsenal, only see it in special circumstances, requires help) the fallback answer is "we don't have time to show everything."

Say Deadpool is a bad fight or a good fight. Saying its not exactly how you think it would go down is too much. Although I my recollection is Deadpool didn't seem THAT much outmatched. More like he was phoning it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I feel confident that Looney Tunes has done the "character gets killed and turns into a cartoon ghost/angel" gag with Daffy a few times. He's not invulnerable. If nothing else, it's definitely possible to beat him senseless which I would consider a win. Although Death Battle does tend to ignore things like that in favor of only considering a character's best feats.
    The cartoon angel thing is very selective to the story. That's more very selective cases of vulnerability. Most of the time he's right back in the next scene or even mid-scene. Since the things that cause him to die are ordinary things his vulnerability in such cases either defies analysis or means some very specific thing in a specific circumstance kills Daffy (that Donald doesn't know about).

Beaten "senseless" happens relatively easily, but again he can shake it off just as easily. I don't see how getting beaten "senseless" for Daffy is any sort of win when he can come right back as he was immediately. This isn't like Voldemort losing his body and being technically alive and maybe in a decade he'll find a way to get a new body. This isn't Starscream getting eaten by Rainbow Dash. This is Daffy getting right back into the fight right away (most of the time) in the moment it takes to do a scene transition (whenever they want to do it that way).

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Daffy D Duck.. Has a nice ring to it...

I'll agree with Daffy being very hard to finish but I feel like it would still make for an interesting fight. I'm trying to think of another opponent for Donald but come up short.. Though I feel there must be more famous ducks.
    I think other opponents are not as good. Howard the Duck is really, really, weird, but just doesn't have the range of Donald. Howard is best for 4th wall breaking multi-dimensional hijinks, making Daffy a better opponent than Donald (although Daffy probably just has too many abilities).

That exhausts the top-line famous ducks. Look here if you think there's more but I think the next most famous is the Aflac duck.

The Aflac Duck in a Death Battle will sell a lot of insurance and not just survive devastating attacks, but thrive knowing his bills, car and home is taken care of, before succumbing to an onslaught beyond anything he has ever had to deal with.

There's always other anthropomorphic animals - Spider Ham!

Problem with Spider Ham is telling his origin story. I think originally he was said to be ordinary spider, bit by a radioactive pig. But another story shows him as an ordinary pig first. Also, I think other stories suggests Peter Porker was an anthropomorphic pig prior to acquiring Spider Ham powers.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

That exhausts the top-line famous ducks. Look here if you think there's more but I think the next most famous is the Aflac duck.
    That is indeed a poor list... but maybe we can switch from ducks to more general winged, apparently harmless creatures... Then we can use the most fearsome being...
    Spoiler
    Show

in all of Hyrule! Immortal, rage filled, flying death!
    No? Fine...

Anyone thinking we might get another kaiju fight in the future? I mean, we kind of did the biggest ones but there are many, many minor ones left.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Anyone thinking we might get another kaiju fight in the future? I mean, we kind of did the biggest ones but there are many, many minor ones left.
    Can always go for giant mechs instead. But where to go after doing the Megazord vs. Voltron? Sure, you can always bring in a Gundam, but they aren't quite as well known outside of Japan.

Though speaking of giant monsters, he may not be kaiju sized, but I don't think Death Battle has done anything with King Kong yet. There's got to be a fellow medium sized monster to put the king of apes up against.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Colossus in the Playground

The Toho King Kong movies(Of which King Kong versus Godzilla is the most well known) and Kong: Skull Island both have Kong as Kaiju sized.

Though if you want a Giant Robot fight...

M.E.G.A.S. X.L.R. versus Gurren Lagaan?(The two bot version so they're the same rough size. Keep it fair.)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    The Toho King Kong movies(Of which King Kong versus Godzilla is the most well known) and Kong: Skull Island both have Kong as Kaiju sized.

M.E.G.A.S. X.L.R. versus Gurren Lagaan?(The two bot version so they're the same rough size. Keep it fair.)
    I see that ending in a stalemate of infinitely expanding spirals and an infinite amount of plot relevant buttons appearing at an exponential rate. You know there's going to be a Giga Drill Breaker Breaker button in Megas.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Dante - I get he's been injured in some way he couldn't just regenerate, but is that where he is by the end? Also, we've established the word "god" doesn't mean anything until you can put stats to the term. Did Bayonetta kill something with regeneration? Some sort of immunity? What properties does her arsenal have that allowed her to kill an immortal? Lacking answers to those questions, whether its a "god" or "demon" or whatever, its just a big thing that got killed.
    Well, it was a creature powerful enough to destroy the world and seemingly immortal, but Bayonetta was able to not only kill it, but also punch whatever was left of its corpse into the Sun. The thing is... Dante is powerful, but nothing says he's immortal. He doesn't seem to mind being impaled, but those attacks are all made by creatures weaker than him. I'm not sure we ever see him as some sort of immortal super-demon or anything, but it's been a while... In any case, I'm not saying that the result is necessarily wrong, but it's not as clear cut as "Dante is immortal, therefore he wins". Maybe in DMC2? I barely remember that game. Because it's awful.

Doomsday - your argument is sounds sort of like Doomsday lately, undermines Doomsday past. I'd like to see the evidence why he can't regenerate after a Hulk gamma-radiation pounding though.
    Again, I'm not saying the match is necessarily wrong... But I don't think Doomsday is clearly impossible to kill (for Hulk). At their strongest, both characters regenerate any damage... Except when they don't. Which is... Confusing... DB said Doomsday was immortal because at some point, someone said he couldn't be killed with physical attacks alone... Which I'm not sure it's true, since it's been quite a while since I saw a comic involving Doomsday... Specially one where he isn't quickly worfed into defeat... But in any case, what I'm saying is that Hulk's attacks do more than just physical damage. Hulk is even capable of hurting astral projections (although that is never quite well explained). In some versions, he actually absorbs energy and converts them into gamma radiation (in one version, Hulk is turned into a demon).

Anyway, once again, I don't necessarily disagree with the fight... I just think it's not as clear-cut as "Hulk is absolutely incapable of killing Doomsday".

Deadpool - I think you take the analysis too seriously. Its meant to be a five minute analysis to introduce and highlight the characters, followed by a fight that they admit is both entertainment and to show how they think the powers will interact. Every post show they go into why they didn't use various things from the character match up (such as Sora's reflect) and while they often have a substantive answer (not really part of the arsenal, only see it in special circumstances, requires help) the fallback answer is "we don't have time to show everything."

Say Deadpool is a bad fight or a good fight. Saying its not exactly how you think it would go down is too much. Although I my recollection is Deadpool didn't seem THAT much outmatched. More like he was phoning it in.
    Nah... That one is one of the few matches I think DB gets very right. Deathstroke is probably more skilled than Deadpool, but simply can't deal any permanent damage. I just vaguely remember the post-fight explanation implying that Deathstroke was vastly superior to Deadpool, which I don't think is the case. That's the only thing I disagreed with... And even then, I might be misremembering.

I'm not saying Dante vs Bayonetta and Hulk vs Doomsday were wrong (both could've gone either way, IMO), just that there should've been more than "this guy is immortal, so he wins".
    Homebrew Stuff:

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Well, it was a creature powerful enough to destroy the world and seemingly immortal, but Bayonetta was able to not only kill it, but also punch whatever was left of its corpse into the Sun. The thing is... Dante is powerful, but nothing says he's immortal. He doesn't seem to mind being impaled, but those attacks are all made by creatures weaker than him. I'm not sure we ever see him as some sort of immortal super-demon or anything, but it's been a while... In any case, I'm not saying that the result is necessarily wrong, but it's not as clear cut as "Dante is immortal, therefore he wins". Maybe in DMC2? I barely remember that game. Because it's awful.
    As a long time supporter that Bayonetta should really win the Death Battle I do feel like I should mention that the summon she used to win the fight with Jubileus, The Creat requires two witches to summon. Now she did spend that entire boss fight beating a creature that is implied through lore snippets to be a capitol G Deity who's death sends the entire universe very out of whack as it was actually really important that that thing existed. Also the creator of both has said that she would win a fight, and they share a universe anyways so that sort of disqualifies them from Death Battle in the first place.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2018-05-13 at 12:14 AM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Banned

Dante's creator hasn't had control of him for a long time, so his opinion can't really be taken as indisputable.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Dante's creator hasn't had control of him for a long time, so his opinion can't really be taken as indisputable.
    What does that have to do with anything?
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I love both characters, so I don't really care which one wins... But I'll say their creator is a bit biased, considering he's currently producing games for only one of those characters.
    Homebrew Stuff:

27. - Top - End - #207
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    What does that have to do with anything?
    1. They're biased as already said.

2. Dante is a lot stronger now than when he was originally written.

If Stan Lee said Spider Man could beat up the Hulk would you believe him?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Colossus in the Playground

1. They're biased as already said.

2. Dante is a lot stronger now than when he was originally written.

If Stan Lee said Spider-Man could beat up the Hulk would you believe him?
    Considering that Spider-Man's web fluid is strong enough to keep the Hulk pinned? Yes.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Again, I'm not saying the match is necessarily wrong... But I don't think Doomsday is clearly impossible to kill (for Hulk). At their strongest, both characters regenerate any damage... Except when they don't. Which is... Confusing... DB said Doomsday was immortal because at some point, someone said he couldn't be killed with physical attacks alone... Which I'm not sure it's true, since it's been quite a while since I saw a comic involving Doomsday... Specially one where he isn't quickly worfed into defeat... But in any case, what I'm saying is that Hulk's attacks do more than just physical damage. Hulk is even capable of hurting astral projections (although that is never quite well explained). In some versions, he actually absorbs energy and converts them into gamma radiation (in one version, Hulk is turned into a demon).

Anyway, once again, I don't necessarily disagree with the fight... I just think it's not as clear-cut as "Hulk is absolutely incapable of killing Doomsday".

Nah... That one is one of the few matches I think DB gets very right. Deathstroke is probably more skilled than Deadpool, but simply can't deal any permanent damage. I just vaguely remember the post-fight explanation implying that Deathstroke was vastly superior to Deadpool, which I don't think is the case. That's the only thing I disagreed with... And even then, I might be misremembering.

I'm not saying Dante vs Bayonetta and Hulk vs Doomsday were wrong (both could've gone either way, IMO), just that there should've been more than "this guy is immortal, so he wins".
    I actually do thing Bayonneta should have pulled out the win against Dante. Just going by their analysis. Also because Dante's 'speed' feat is also really stupid.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post

Gurren Lagaan is absolutely the worst possible combatant for Death Battle to do. One of its powers is explicitly the ability to do the impossible. No matter what opponent Simon is up against, even if that opponent is the very laws of physics, Simon will still win.

It's even more unfair to pit something that stupidly overpowered against a mech who's sole plot thread each episode is that Coop does something stupid and breaks it. As far as I recall, there wasn't a single episode of that show where Megas was actually fully functional.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!