New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

wink Re: All Quiet on the PM Front - Diplomacy PBPM Game

Ah, meat pies from Russia? Well I do not know, feed them to the dogs. Make sure to send a thank you card.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: All Quiet on the PM Front - Diplomacy PBPM Game

Order reports will be sent out to everyone by the end of the night. If you haven't yet posted here saying you want a map, you won't get one unless you post here before I send you your report saying you want one. Also, keep in mind that they're kind of a hassle, and if you don't really need one, don't ask for one just because. Again, I highly recommend that everyone download realpolitik or jDip and keep their own maps.
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like a map please Moody

Sorry I post alot from work and I cannot go downloading stuff onto my works PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

I'm afraid I need one too. I tried both JDip and Realpolitik and it just doesn't seem possible to follow along without having the 'master map'.
    I've been really trying with JDip a lot, but the program is really difficult to use, doesn't show orders when I put them in, doesn't show resolution of orders every turn, I'm just no good at figuring it out, sorry.

5. - Top - End - #65

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by solgursky View Post
    I'm afraid I need one too. I tried both JDip and Realpolitik and it just doesn't seem possible to follow along without having the 'master map'.
    I've been really trying with JDip a lot, but the program is really difficult to use, doesn't show orders when I put them in, doesn't show resolution of orders every turn, I'm just no good at figuring it out, sorry.
    In both programs it is possible to place and remove units using edit functions. This is the key to making a map showing limited information, and it is what I will be doing for all of the individual maps I have to make.

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Ahhh, the edit function of Realpolitik is very dummy-proof, I love it. No map required for me.

7. - Top - End - #67

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by solgursky View Post
    Ahhh, the edit function of Realpolitik is very dummy-proof, I love it. No map required for me.
    Sweet! And hey, the fewer people needing maps, the faster everyone gets their season reports! By the way, I'm working on them as we speak and they'll be out within the hour ... which will technically be tonight, as promised. =)

-Albert Einstein

8. - Top - End - #68

BlueKnightGuy

Alright, phew! All the order reports for this season have been sent out. I sent them as replies to your order PMs to save myself a little bit of time, so the title of it is re: whatever you titled your orders.

As for maps, I think I was pretty descriptive with my reports. Also, things aren't that complicated yet. As such, I don't feel bad about taking the time to ask everyone who wants a map sent to them to either PM me their email address or post it here. I think that email is the best way to deliver these maps. If this will be an issue for you, maybe I can work something else out if you ask me.

The maps are all actually created, for the record, I'm just waiting on the best way to distribute them.

-Albert Einstein

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Are you sure you've sent them? I have yet to receive anything.))
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiscal Mereor, by NecroPaladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyrian, describing my very own Fourth Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    ...god damned moron organizations full of morons...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

10. - Top - End - #70

I got mine. Which is nice, cause I can see the knives pointed at me.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

As of now, I do not have the map.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor

12. - Top - End - #72

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDukeJerot View Post
    As of now, I do not have the map.
    Right, you don't have the map. You need to give me your email address so that I can send you the map, because I can't attach files to PMs on the forum.

You did get the results of your orders though, right?

-Albert Einstein

13. - Top - End - #73

Ummm, I PM'd you an e-mail address days ago. Still no map.

Matt

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

You could always just print out a map and pencil in the units yourself.
    Printable maps are at http://www.diplom.org/Online/maps/youngstown.gif or http://www.diplom.org/Online/maps/bigyoung.gif.

15. - Top - End - #75

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mael View Post
    You could always just print out a map and pencil in the units yourself.
    Printable maps are at http://www.diplom.org/Online/maps/youngstown.gif or http://www.diplom.org/Online/maps/bigyoung.gif.
    That sounds like a fantastic idea! If anyone wants to stop getting maps, let me know ...

-Albert Einstein

16. - Top - End - #76

BlueKnightGuy

30 or so hour warning! Fall 1901 orders are due tomorrow night by 10PM EST (GMT-5). I may not be around at 10PM tonight, so I'm giving the warning now.

Also, you certainly don't have to do it, but I'd love to see a little more press writing going on.

-Albert Einstein

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

NEW SPEECH FROM KAISER GURSKY

All hail the words of our great, infallible, omnipotent, divine, Ruler; Kaiser Gursky:

"Germans! The time has come to expand our great nation! The Danes have sworn fealty and the Dutch are on the horizon. With the expansion of our country, we have also gained great responsibilities. Our friends to the north, the Norwegians and the Swedes, require our support. Greedy England has spread her talons towards these peace-loving nations, and only under the German flag will they truly be safe from those imperialist monsters."

18. - Top - End - #78

BlueKnightGuy

Well, it's 20-something minutes after the Fall 1901 deadline, and I don't have all the orders. However, you're all in luck. I have a paper due Friday on a book I haven't read yet, so I won't really have the time to adjudicate until some point on Friday. I'll extend the deadline until whenever that happens to be on Friday.

That of course will mean that retreats and builds will have to be pushed back. Retreats will be due Saturday night and builds Sunday night. If anyone has a problem with the schedule running into the weekend, let me know and we can just push the whole thing back a week (that is, I resolve Fall 1901 next Wednesday and we proceed as normally scheduled).

-Albert Einstein

19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moody the Wise View Post
    I have a paper due Friday on a book I haven't read yet, so I won't really have the time to adjudicate until some point on Friday.
    ((The humor and good fortune this means to me is tempered by the knowledge that when I go to college, that's going to be me in that situation. Possibly multiple times.))
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiscal Mereor, by NecroPaladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyrian, describing my very own Fourth Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    ...god damned moron organizations full of morons...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

20. - Top - End - #80

I'm going to be travelling over the weekend, so I'd prefer to wait.

21. - Top - End - #81

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mdsoze View Post
    I'm going to be travelling over the weekend, so I'd prefer to wait.
    Alright, we'll just wait then. Fall 1901 orders, if you haven't submitted them, are due NEXT Wednesday, September 26th (I think that's the date). If you want to renegotiate and change some of your moves, you may submit new moves up until that time.

-Albert Einstein

22. - Top - End - #82

BlueKnightGuy

Alright, all orders are in. Sorry about it being so late, but it's going to be a little bit later still, since it's ... well, so late. I'll do the turn and send out reports in the morning. Retreats, if necessary, will be due Thursday night and builds due Friday. Since it is unlikely that retreats will happen and also unlikely that your build orders will be contingent too much on them if they do happen, you can feel free to submit conditional build orders if you're going to be busy during the weekend (mdsoze). Maybe the next time we have to skip a week, I'll move the regular order due day back to Tuesday to avoid future weekend conflicts; but we'll cross that road when we come to it. Er, that bridge.

-Albert Einstein

23. - Top - End - #83

BlueKnightGuy

Alright, all order reports (I think) have been sent out as of now. I goofed a little bit, though. For all of you who did not submit spy orders, I don't know who you were spying on because I deleted all the old messages. Therefore, if you didn't get spy information this turn, let me know who you were spying on and I'll get that to you along with the Winter builds.

Also, I think I'm going to change it so that you can assign your spy for each Fall, Spring, and Winter Season - that is, each time I adjudicate orders - to prevent such mishaps in the future. For Winter builds, however, your spy will only tell you what the power built, not where all its units are.

Also, I haven't forgotten about maps, I just have class. I'll get them out at some point.

Also, there are no retreats. So, build orders are due by Friday night, but the earlier the merrier.

-Albert Einstein

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

So... since we can see adjacent units, will the units we build see adjacent units? Also, sending winter spy request now...

25. - Top - End - #85

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maldiem View Post
    So... since we can see adjacent units, will the units we build see adjacent units? Also, sending winter spy request now...
    Uhh ... sure, that sounds fine. (I'm so not making this up as I go).

-Albert Einstein

26. - Top - End - #86

BlueKnightGuy

Come to think of it, maps will be sent out after build orders have been processed, so that I don't have to send out two sets of maps within a few days. I'll send them out to everyone who has previously requested one. If you don't get a map (and you want one) by Saturday night, let me know, because I probably forgot or never saw your expressed interest in one or something.

-Albert Einstein

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Exclamation Re: All Quiet on the PM Front - Diplomacy PBPM Game

The Roman Herald, Special Edition, October 3rd 1901

A misunderstanding between sailors of the Italian 2nd fleet on shore leave in Yemen and a Turkish army also on furlough in the kingdom turned ugly today as several fist fights resulted. One Sailor was critically injured as Turkish troops threw him out a plate glass window. No word yet from the ministry of foreign affairs as too, if reparations will be sought.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

28. - Top - End - #88

BlueKnightGuy

Ugh. Risk Tournament. Late. Will send out Winter season reports and maps tomorrow morning.

Sorry for being a sketchy GM, but at least I get things done at some point. I'm better than nothing. =)

-Albert Einstein

29. - Top - End - #89

BlueKnightGuy

So it turns out that the creation of maps is actually a big hassle. So I'll present two options, and I'd like a vote from everyone.

1) Everyone who had been getting a map prints off this blank map and keeps track in pencil on their own, or gets a program, or something. I think that this really wouldn't be that hard, because - correct me if I'm wrong - I think my order reports are pretty thorough in telling you what you need to know.

2. Screw the blindness and I just start posting the universal maps.

Please vote.

-Albert Einstein

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

option 1

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/j...s.exe?download

here's a link to download jdip for windows. i don't know if it's vista compatible, but having a brain isn't vista compatible, which means we should all be fine.
    Marshal Josip Broz Tito avatar by Electric_Monkey