New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: All Quiet on the PM Front - Diplomacy PBPM Game

I am enjoying the double blind feel of the game. Option 1.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I guess I should clarify this vote a little bit: in order to continue with the blind rules, I need everyone who was getting a map to agree to option 1. If they don't, or if there are more than five votes for option 2, we'll have to go with option two.

That said, if people are enjoying the blind game, I strongly encourage option 1, and I condone the use of peer pressure.
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm on the fence here. Either option would be good as far as I'm concerned.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiscal Mereor, by NecroPaladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyrian, describing my very own Fourth Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    ...god damned moron organizations full of morons...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

4. - Top - End - #94

Hrmmm... I'm enjoying the blind game. I'll get the program.

Option 1. :)

5. - Top - End - #95

BlueKnightGuy

Game is on a brief hiatus until I get a replacement for Austria, who has asked to be allowed to leave. This might happen today, and then the deadline for orders might still be this Wednesday, but in all likelihood the deadline will be pushed back a week to allow the new player to diplome. Sorry to do that two weeks in a row, but I think it's better than having lots of NMRs.

Also, if anyone else thinks he or she should probably bow out, now would be the least disruptive time to do it.

Also also, continue voting if you haven't yet and want a say.

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Option 1, definitely.

7. - Top - End - #97

BlueKnightGuy

Elektro has agreed to step in as Austria. In the interest of fairness, to him and to everyone who might have something to say to Austria, I'll extend the deadline by a week to NEXT WEDNESDAY, October 10th.

-Albert Einstein

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Important Bulletin!

The Emperor of Austria-Hungry, Franz Joseph I has died at the Hofburg. I am Major General von Hotzendorf, and have been given command of the provisional government.

To my subjects, no longer will you feel the harsh grip of the Dual Monarchy on your lands. Our nation will now respect the wishes of all of its citizens, regardless of ethnicity or station. We will soon be inviting local representatives to a new Congress of Vienna, and this one will allow all Austro-Hungarians to once again feel pride in our great nation.

To my friends and colleagues abroad, we look forward to working with you to ensure the peace and stability of Europe. Envoys will be arriving at our embassies in your respective capitals soon to discuss policies with you.
    Last edited by Elektro; 2007-10-01 at 08:44 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

BlueKnightGuy

I am going to be home on break until late Tuesday night. I am not going to check the forums between now and then. I will adjudicate the turn next Wednesday, as planned, but don't freak out if you don't hear from me for a while. Take advantage of the time to get to know your neighbors, or maybe your neighbors' neighbors ... they can be fruitful people to talk to indeed.

-Albert Einstein

10. - Top - End - #100

BlueKnightGuy

Alright, I'm back, and I hope you all have taken the opportunity to connive. If you have yet to submit orders, or want to submit new ones, the deadline for this season is approximately 24 HOURS FROM NOW - 10PM EST Wednesday.

-Albert Einstein

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Exclamation Re: All Quiet on the PM Front - Diplomacy PBPM Game

The Roman Herald, Special Edition, April 5th 1902

We have received scattered reports that elements of a Turkish artillery unit have opened fire on the Italian Cruiser Francesca docked for refueling in neutral Yemen. Yemen fearing Turkish aggression had asked for a peace keeping force from Italy to take up station off of the coast. We have no word yet on casualties. The 2nd fleet has been placed on full alert and we have word that the Prime Minister himself will be making an address.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Abu Constantinople, 1901

Reports of Turkish aggression against Italian naval units have been thrown around the world recently. General Murat P. issued this statement:

"It is absurd for the Italians to attempt to occupy Yemen. No European belongs in the Middle East. Surely they'll have more fun spreading chaos under the guise of 'democracy' in Ethiopia, and we told them this. In the best interests of our Arabian cousins, we will bring Yemen into the Empire to prevent their fall into decadence and corruption."
    Marshal Josip Broz Tito avatar by Electric_Monkey

13. - Top - End - #103

BlueKnightGuy

How did three people fail to submit orders over the course of two weeks? Oh well, I'm processing the turn anyway, because it's been long enough. If any of the NMRers want to stay in the game, they should send me a PM before Saturday night or replacements will be found.

The orders have been resolved, and results will be sent out to everyone after I eat lunch.

-Albert Einstein

14. - Top - End - #104

BlueKnightGuy

Well, since they are going to be replaced, I suppose I have to tell you who NMRed. One person responded and was just confused about the deadline and is still in. GrandDukeJerot responded and apologized profusely but wants out. Lucid_Archon did not respond. So, I'll be looking for replacements for India and France. Hopefully, I'll find them quickly and we can stay on schedule for this week. I'll keep you all updated as events unfold.

-Albert Einstein

15. - Top - End - #105

I wouldn't mind playing France. I'm playing India in the other game, so I'd prefer not to play India again.
    It says signature, but when I tried to sign my name, I just got pen on my computer screen.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair
    Turkey - Fly Like a Butterfly
    French Austrians - Realpolitik

Want to play diplomacy? Want to GM a game? Want to learn what the game is? Good.

16. - Top - End - #106

BlueKnightGuy

Thewamp has taken over for France and Mael has taken over for India. Fall 1902 orders will be due THIS Wednesday at 10 PM EST, about 48 hours from now.

-Albert Einstein

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Revolution in India

Dramatic recent events in Indai have culminated today in the final removal of the British Raj, and the declaration of India as a sovereign state.
    In a press release a spokesman for the president said that they do not hold any grudge against their former colonial rulers, and will be seeking to establish foreign relations with all their neighbours to ensure a lasting peace in the region.

18. - Top - End - #108

BlueKnightGuy

24 Hour Warning for Fall 1902 turn!

-Albert Einstein

19. - Top - End - #109

Re-Election in France
    In a sweeping victory, President Wamp came out on top of the recent French elections, displacing the incumbent.
    It says signature, but when I tried to sign my name, I just got pen on my computer screen.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair

Want to play diplomacy? Want to GM a game? Want to learn what the game is? Good.

20. - Top - End - #110

BlueKnightGuy

All the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies.

I'm processing the turn and sending out reports RIGHT NOW, but for some reason unbeknown to me, probably involving a bizarre mutation of the space-time continuum, nobody is going to receive these messages until tomorrow morning. Yes. This is DEFINITELY WHAT IS HAPPENING.

That is all.

-Albert Einstein

21. - Top - End - #111

BlueKnightGuy

I'm sending out reports right now.

But I'm taking this break to make a very important announcement.

Please title the message in which you send your orders thusly:

AQPMF: Season Year, Power.

The order isn't so much important, but it is important that you have all four of those elements in the title. It makes orders SO much easier to pick out of my inbox.

Also, remember to assign your spy along with your season's orders. To make a point, I will not give out any spy information for this upcoming season - Winter 1902 - unless it is requested in the builds message. It may not seem like a big deal, but it just makes my life that much easier if I can do everything at one sitting.

-Albert Einstein

22. - Top - End - #112

BlueKnightGuy

I think everyone by now should have received Fall 1902 reports. You may have noticed a few changes.

I wrote in the section where I quoted your orders so that I didn't have to write things over again (or even copy and paste).

I went with a simpler system for telling you what happened. "Good" means the order succeeded. In the case of support or convoy orders, this does not necessarily mean the unit being supported or convoyed succeeded. "Bounced" means there was someone else trying to take that territory and the strengths of your units were equal. "Failed" means you were trying to move into an occupied territory and you failed to dislodge the unit. "Support cut from ___" means your support order failed because you were attacked. I think those are all the terms I used. Note that I no longer tell you everything about why your attacks did or did not succeed.

In spy reports, I simply gave you the location of that power's units. Mostly, this is because it was a pain to copy and paste all those orders. If you guys are all fine with that, I'd love to make that the norm, but if not I could see about going back to more detailed spy reports.

So, what do you guys think of the new lazy system? Keep in mind that it still takes me about an hour to churn all these things out.

Note: Retreats will be due by 1300 EST TOMORROW. That is 24 hours from the sending of season reports. I'm not sure that I specifically mentioned all the retreats that are due, but if I said one of your units was dislodged, you need to submit a retreat order.
    Last edited by Moody the Wise; 2007-10-18 at 12:16 PM.

-Albert Einstein

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

The lazy order reports are fine in my opinion, but I'd prefer to keep the spy reports the way they were.

24. - Top - End - #114

I'd at least like to know where the supply centers are, but the full spy reports would be nice.

Lazy order reports are better

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Exclamation Re: All Quiet on the PM Front - Diplomacy PBPM Game

The Roman Herald
    From the Desk of Prime Minister Garabaldi,

Italy can no longer stand idle while the Ottoman Empire pursues a policy of flagrant hostility toward peaceful European Nations. As of today, October 18 1902 a state of war exists between Italy and Turkey. God willing we will drive back the Muslim hordes and safeguard Europe from further acts of unwarranted aggression. I call on all free nations to join in this fight and draw a line in the sand. This far and no further.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vienner Tagenblatt
    15 Dezember, 1902

Austria-Hungary and Italy Join to Form the Holy Alliance
    The Austro-Hungarian Foreign Ministry has announced the formation of the Holy Aliiance with the Kingdom of Italy. The two nations will join to protect each other's territorial sovereignty against all enemies. Major General von Hotzendorf remarked, "The incursions of the heathen Turks into Christian europe will not be tolerated. I call on all good Christians to join forces to repel these barbarians from our lands!"

Austria-Hungary Confederation Forms
    As promised after assuming office, Major General von Hotzendorf has completed the necessary reforms to ensure the strength of Austria-Hungary. The Dual Monarchy has been replaced with a representative confederation of local military governments. The new Constitution also guarantees various freedoms (within limits) to its citizens, including a suffrage based on completion of federal service and freedoms similar to those found in the American Bill of Rights. The provisional head of government Major General von Hotzendorf has been promoted to Feldmarshal and will assume command over the armed forces. It is certain that these measures will reduce internal strife and bestow a sense of national pride among all Austro-Hungarians.
    Last edited by Elektro; 2007-10-18 at 10:43 PM.
    "Il nous faut de l'audace, et encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace" Georges Jacques Dalton

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Current and Completed Diplomacy Games

The excellent Gen. George S. Patton avatar courtesy of Tomb_Raven

27. - Top - End - #117

BlueKnightGuy

Retreats have happened. I'll send out that limited information to the appropriate persons along with builds. I have several sets of them already, but am still missing a few. Of course, that is fine, because they aren't due until 24 Hours FROM NOW - 1300 EST SATURDAY.

-Albert Einstein

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sultan Grips Balls, Raises Middle Finger to Austria

Man I didn't do anything to y'all *****s. Y'all *****s know me, and we just be chillin in the hood eating Turkish delights.

And it's not like y'all ain't been beefin' with Greece for centuries. All -we- did was you motherless bums a favor by runnin' up in that crib ships bustin'. They ain't causin' you no problems 'cause they all -dead- playboy.

Go to hell if you're getting God in on this. In the words of my yet-to-be-born brother in Islam, Tupac Shakur, "If you believe in God, believe in Death Row East."

That's right, *****s. Eat me.
    Marshal Josip Broz Tito avatar by Electric_Monkey

29. - Top - End - #119
    Bugbear in the Playground

Japanese Imperial Guard deployed to Korea
    The newly formed Imperial Guard has been deployed to the Korean Peninsula, with the stated purpose of defending Japan's Korean brothers from foreign incursions. The Imperial Guard, a land-based force composed of the best soldiers Japan has to offer, has been described as "the ultimate fighting force" by representatives of the Chrysanthemum Throne. "The Imperial Guard", said Chief of the Army General Staff Ōyama Iwao, "is composed of the best fighting men of all Japan, given the best training and modern equipment possible. Man for man, it is a fighting force superior to anything any foreign nation has to offer."
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiscal Mereor, by NecroPaladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyrian, describing my very own Fourth Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    ...god damned moron organizations full of morons...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

30. - Top - End - #120

BlueKnightGuy

Wow, all really was quiet on the PM front this weekend, eh? Sorry about that, I totally forgot about builds until someone reminded me today. On that note, don't feel like you're being a nuisance by PMing me about things I seem to have forgotten to do. I try to do everything within 24 hours of when I say I will, so if it's been longer than that and you're worrying, I probably did forget, so it won't hurt to send me a PM.

Anyway, sending out builds now.

-Albert Einstein