New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: New Prequel Book! Order of the Stick: Good Deeds Gone Unpunished (Book 1/2)

Quote Originally Posted by 2.5 cats View Post
    My cats and I are looking forward to the Mr. Scruffy story a bit too much.
    Not ashamed to admit... I did shed a tear with that one!

Also, I totally missed that (spoiler pertaining to the start of this tale)...

Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Scruffy was missing that whole time! I thought he was just lurking about. I guess the big battle threw him into chaos as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfon View Post
    I bought it as a guest, unfortunately.

I found a help section in Gumroad. I will try it now.

Edit: The charge appeared as Pending, but it was actually rejected. So lets buy it again.
    FWIW, I purchased the PDF a few days ago, but was able to download it and start reading it immediately.
    Last edited by ackmondual; 2018-08-31 at 05:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: New Prequel Book! Order of the Stick: Good Deeds Gone Unpunished (Book 1/2)

Quote Originally Posted by Alfon View Post
    I bought it as a guest, unfortunately.
    For what it's worth, even if you buy something from Gumroad as a guest, if you later create an account using the same email address, it will automatically stock your Library with everything you bought as a guest using that email. So that's a good thing to try if the download email didn't come through for whatever reason.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laurana View Post
    Just finished reading the Pdf. I must say the first two stories, while nice, weren't very satisfactory. The other three though were totally awesome and I enjoyed them thoroughly. Lien, Therkla and O-Chul are all among my absolute favourite characters and I found all three stories to be utterly fantastic. Thanks Giant!
    Quote Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
    Not ashamed to admit... I did shed a tear with that one!

Also, I totally missed that (spoiler pertaining to the start of this tale)...

Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Scruffy was missing that whole time! I thought he was just lurking about. I guess the big battle threw him into chaos as well!
    Just a heads up, we actually have a separate thread for discussion of the book. This thread is more for issues with ordering and such.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Looks like A Monster for Every Season (Winter) is also missing from that page.
    And the calendar PDFs.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately, Gumroad has charged me twice for a single book order. As I have received no response from their customer service (in several weeks, and after asking three times), I have escalated this complaint to Paypal. I sincerely hope that I am the only one with issues like these.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

6. - Top - End - #276

I might be able to help with a refund if you can give me the exact email address you used. Email me at productsupport at giantitp dot com and I'll look into it.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I might be able to help with a refund if you can give me the exact email address you used. Email me at productsupport at giantitp dot com and I'll look into it.
    Thanks, I've sent you a mail.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Pixie in the Playground

Recently got this for an early birthday present. I love Lien's story! I hope we get so much more of her as we get fully to the last gate. And O-Chul remains the most badass to ever bad an ass. I was surprised to see Hinjo and Miko all wrapped into the same origin story, though. We never really saw that bond between O-Chul and Hinjo in the normal comic (or at least I didn't), so I hope we get to see a little more of how their relationship grew and changed over the years.

All in all, I would love to see similar prequels for more characters, like the Vector Legion and how they do or don't work as a team. Or maybe the Order of the Scribble before or outside of their dealings with the gates.

But yeah, I'm excited about more Lien and O-Chul in the next storyline. Really great stuff!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

YES; the book appeared on the amazon french. I finally can have it at a decent price.

I'm waiting saturday and hope to read it quickly.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

For easier access, could you please add this book to the Shop page?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Received my copy today (I was not expecting it so soon) and WOW. The O'Chul story feels so good.

I'm very happy now.

Thanks for writing it.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

I've bought every OotS book (most titles more than once!) at "brick and mortar" gamestores (the strips in The Dragon was how I learned about OotS years ago), but I haven't found "Good Deeds Go Unpunished" yet which vexes me.

Please tell of a place with GDGU for purchase in or near Berkeley/Oakland/San Francisco, California that I may hand over cash and purchase the book (and please don't waste time and pixels trying to convince me to mail order it via "on-line").

I'm striking out at my usual haunts, anyone know of a place?
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    I've bought every OotS book (most titles more than once!) at "brick and mortar" gamestores (the strips in The Dragon was how I learned about OotS years ago), but I haven't found "Good Deeds Go Unpunished" yet which vexes me.

Please tell of a place with GDGU for purchase in or near Berkeley/Oakland/San Francisco, California that I may hand over cash and purchase the book (and please don't waste time and pixels trying to convince me to mail order it via "on-line").

I'm striking out at my usual haunts, anyone know of a place?
    Have you tried asking if they can order it for you? Chances are low since I'd expect they'd volunteer it, but no harm in asking.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Have you tried asking if they can order it for you? Chances are low since I'd expect they'd volunteer it, but no harm in asking.

I'd like to reward a shop that bought it to stock, but if no one suggests a place that will be my next step.

15. - Top - End - #285

Being as how there isn't a game shop within a days drive of me where I could check for you, I suggest asking your preferred vendor to special order it for you. Might as well reward them for doing whatever they did to earn the preference, after all.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Uh, this is quite embarrassing, but I meant to buy the new calendar from Gumroad and without thinking accidentally bought the PDF for Good Deeds Gone Unpunished instead. I already own the physical version and the digital version of the O-Chul and Therkla stories from the Kickstarter, so I don't really need this. Would a refund be possible?
    Last edited by Gift Jeraff; 2018-12-17 at 07:41 PM.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    Uh, this is quite embarrassing, but I meant to buy the new calendar from Gumroad and without thinking accidentally bought the PDF for Good Deeds Gone Unpunished instead. I already own the physical version and the digital version of the O-Chul and Therkla stories from the Kickstarter, so I don't really need this. Would a refund be possible?
    Send an email to productsupport at giantitp dot com from the email you used to purchase the PDF and someone will fix it for you.

(I should note for everyone that this email is only for Gumroad-related issues, not Ookoodook ones. For Ookoodook problems, you want to use their Contact page. Also, if it's a technical Gumroad problem like not being able to download properly or something, try support at gumroad dot com instead since no one on my end has control over stuff like that.)
    Rich Burlew

18. - Top - End - #288
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Just got my copy. Love it. All of it. Even the bits I wasn't particularly expecting to.
    Last edited by Juggling Goth; 2019-01-10 at 09:21 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Being as how there isn't a game shop within a days drive of me where I could check for you, I suggest asking your preferred vendor to special order it for you. Might as well reward them for doing whatever they did to earn the preference, after all.

I did and was surprised by how quickly the book (which really was a treat!) came.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Got a calender pdf to rifle through and the book from a local amazon wannabie store (how I wish ordering direct was feasible but that transatlantic shipping :( ).

Loving the book. And I do hope for more on the Azurites too.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

I finally bought the book. Thank you, Giant, for providing the digital version, so I don't have to pay for overseas shipping. I'll probably eventually give in and buy some of the core books too, in digital, probably starting with book 4, then book 3.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2019-01-27 at 08:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Got a digital copy of the book some time ago and forgot to mention it here. It was really good stuff!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

A little late to the party, but I finally have a little extra spending cash to buy this book, but it seems it's been sold out for some time. Will it be back on sale, or is it done printing?
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

24. - Top - End - #294

Probably done printing, barring another Kickstarter. Or Rich including a POD option with the PDFs, which I suspect is more likely at this point in the comic's lifecycle.