New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: New Prequel Book! Order of the Stick: Good Deeds Gone Unpunished (Book 1/2)

Waiting for the word (aka notification).

2. - Top - End - #182
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: New Prequel Book! Order of the Stick: Good Deeds Gone Unpunished (Book 1/2)

I am supposed to pick up the book at gencon, but Ookadook, Giant in the Playgrounds, or Order of the Stick don't show up anywhere on the map or schedule for being tabels in the exhibit hall and I didn't see it on my wander through. What table number is it/where is it located?

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
    I am supposed to pick up the book at gencon, but Ookadook, Giant in the Playgrounds, or Order of the Stick don't show up anywhere on the map or schedule for being tabels in the exhibit hall and I didn't see it on my wander through. What table number is it/where is it located?
    Rich Tweeted:
    Good question! Ookoodook is part of @APEGames which is located in booth #1739.
    I hope that helps.
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    Old PF Initiative Build

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Yanisa View Post
    Rich Tweeted:

I hope that helps.
    Thanks! I don't have him followed on Twitter and didn't see any email or anything that stated that.

5. - Top - End - #185

His Twitter feed is in one of the panes to the left of the screen.

<=========

A thing to check for all sorts of announcements!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    A thing to check for all sorts of announcements!
    Ook has yet to notify, I guess one must be patient. All things in their own time.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Ook has yet to notify, I guess one must be patient. All things in their own time.
    Aren't they based in Texas? That's rough.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

8. - Top - End - #188
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

No notification over here either--how long should we wait before querying things?

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    No notification over here either--how long should we wait before querying things?
    At least another week, or until they say "We've shipped all pre-orders!". They have enough staff in packing/shipping to handle their normal throughput of product. The few times they have a major pre-order release I'm sure they press more people into it but there is a point where more people only increases the confusion and chance of mistakes, and the others have other things to do anyway. They can get x shipments out per day regardless of what they are so they will get to us when they get to us.

10. - Top - End - #190

If they sent enough people to GenCon, there would naturally be a lull in getting things shipped out.

11. - Top - End - #191

PaladinGuy

Picked mine up at GenCon. Read it all that night. I enjoyed all the stories and particularly enjoyed the intro by a most unexpected character.
    We don't need no steeeenkin' signatures!

12. - Top - End - #192

BlackDragon

If they sent enough people to GenCon, there would naturally be a lull in getting things shipped out.
    The Giant said: "I think the team wants to get them all out the door before they leave for GenCon". This is why I'm a bit concerned--it would be nice to know they definitely failed to achieve that goal and thus some people will have to wait a bit longer.

13. - Top - End - #193

MindFlayer

Got my copy in the mail today.

For a moment, I thought it was called "Good Deeds Gone Unpublished"
    Last edited by Smolder; 2018-08-06 at 03:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194

BardGuy

The Giant said: "I think the team wants to get them all out the door before they leave for GenCon". This is why I'm a bit concerned--it would be nice to know they definitely failed to achieve that goal and thus some people will have to wait a bit longer.
    I would think that the fact some people haven't received theirs makes it self evident they didn't meet the goal. Heck; they're using USPS. Even once they manage to package a bunch doesn't mean their door-to-door carrier is prepared pick them all up.

I'm giving them until the release date until I even think about this again. If it shows up before then all the better.

15. - Top - End - #195

They also were working on getting the solo orders out the door first, then doing the boxes with multiple items. So if factotum ordered GDGU and, say, SS&DT, well, there's a delay there as well.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Got mine in the mail today at work (I use my work address for a lot of things because my apartment has tiny mailboxes and I don't want packages sitting outside my door where they can easily be stolen). I eagerly read through as much of it as I could on my lunch break and will undoubtedly cover-to-cover it at least one more time tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

17. - Top - End - #197

BlackDragon

They also were working on getting the solo orders out the door first, then doing the boxes with multiple items. So if factotum ordered GDGU and, say, SS&DT, well, there's a delay there as well.
    I didn't--I already own all the other books, so this was just a single order.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Folks, it's not so much about giving them time or whatever - I don't think anyone is actually complaining. It's about being paranoid about something going wrong
    I didn't--I already own all the other books, so this was just a single order.
    If it helps, I haven't got my notification yet either.
    ungelic is us

19. - Top - End - #199
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Until you see me (or APE Gamer) saying, "All the pre-orders have shipped," assume that all the pre-orders have not shipped.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I got my order confirmation earlier this morning! This book is definitely going to be the highlight of my week.

Peelee’s Lotsey

21. - Top - End - #201
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Just talked to Kevin at Oookoodook. He told me that they had to freeze shipping from Wednesday to Monday due to GenCon. But everything is back to full capacity, so the remaining pre-orders should be going out very soon.

I will still make an announcement when they are all shipped.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the update, Giant! I got a confirmation email too.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Aren't they based in Texas? That's rough.
    Indeed, but I got an email today so it's on the way. yay. *dances a happy dance*
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Just talked to Kevin at Oookoodook. He told me that they had to freeze shipping from Wednesday to Monday due to GenCon. But everything is back to full capacity, so the remaining pre-orders should be going out very soon.
    And I got my notice Tuesday, so it fits like a glove. Thanks for the info. (And the stories...)
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2018-08-08 at 11:39 AM.
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    And I got my notice Tuesday, so it fits like a glove. Thanks for the info. (And the stories...)
    I also got my shipping notice on Tuesday! I had only pre-ordered the one book. Can't wait for it to get here!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

My book arrived! Finally, I’ll soon be able to take a look at that juicy unmarked spoiler thread.

Peelee’s Lotsey

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But everything is back to full capacity, so the remaining pre-orders should be going out very soon.
    Arrived today. I sat down with a cuppa coffee and enjoyed it.
    *applause*

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Mine arrived too, and I love it so far. Heading to the other thread as soon as I finish it!

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

My book arrived! Everything is great. I greatly enjoyed spending time with the Katos together (even though their actual plot is a bit thin), and Mr. Scruffy’s adventure and Lien’s origin story are both really sweet with great art, and rereading Therkla’s and O’Chul’s stories was a pleasure.

Only one serious quibble. It is pretty serious though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does Rich maybe not know the word “bight”? Because calling it ClawClaw Bay feels like he was telling a joke but forgot the punchline!

Anyway, thank you, Giant, for many awesome stories.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Toper View Post
    My book arrived! Everything is great. I greatly enjoyed spending time with the Katos together (even though their actual plot is a bit thin), and Mr. Scruffy’s adventure and Lien’s origin story are both really sweet with great art, and rereading Therkla’s and O’Chul’s stories was a pleasure.

Only one serious quibble. It is pretty serious though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does Rich maybe not know the word “bight”? Because calling it ClawClaw Bay feels like he was telling a joke but forgot the punchline!

Anyway, thank you, Giant, for many awesome stories.
    Wow, you weren't kidding. That IS pretty serious. Might be Rich's biggest mistake ever.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Got my book today. Looks lovely, as always. I think the O-Chul story is my favorite of the prequel stories, ever. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing, though, so take my word with a grain of salt.