New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: New beginnings in a scarred world.[IC][3.5]

Lexara keeps pushing on the doors. She decided to test to test how much do makes of this illusion know about her and the wizard. "Can't you do it like we first meet?"

Str: (d20-3)[1]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nobody has ever “shoo'ed“ him away and that's why he was too perplex to complain. And the other one had a big axe - more useful against a wooden wall.

Adam stepped back and took a look at the elf. What is she doing here? Why are we here? Did she did this to us?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"My dear girl, allow me to... Suddenly a loud thwack thunders against the door instinctively stepping away from the loud noise "As I was saying" he seems a bit perturbed by the sudden sound and before he can begin again there's another much louder along with the sound of moaning creaking wood as it splinters. "I'll just.." he says trying to roll up his sleeves before another against the door even louder then the last two combined. "I'll just..." a sickening crack rings out across the room as the door has a heavy axe come down the middle of the door the water surging out "Well three out of four isn't half bad" an alien voice emerges from your mentor as the water pulls you out the fractured door.

Your repeated blows tear through it like a flame through cotton as each hit seems easier and easier until finally as you can see the other side water rushes out like bursting dam. You're knocked prone with a Kitsune in your lap. Adam and Donovan see a dry empty room save for a small waterproof bag. The water in the main room quickly dissipates but the cell she was held in seems to be dry with no source of any water.
    This is horrifying beyond anything Lovecraft ever wrote or Giger ever drew.

MCulpa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVopG...el_video_title
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192558

(Screw the point)-Doomboy911

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Lexara transform into a tiny fox and gently jumps off the man with the axe. She looks back at the cell. could water be an illusion as well. Not likely as it did pulled me and knock down that man She thinks to herself.
    Last edited by Greenflame133; 2018-05-09 at 01:00 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

Though Donovan could hear someone on the other side of the wall, she didn't seem to be responding to him. Maybe she was charmed and couldn't understand him, or even her situation. Either way, he knew he could break this wall the same way he broke his trap. He prepared to cast the spell again, but as he went to mutter the incantation, the door next to him gave way. From there walked a man clad in mail armor stepped out. He was of fairly imposing figure, and swiftly drew a large axe when he saw what Donovan was attempting to do. He came over, putting his hand on Donovan's shoulder after catching his surroundings. "I'm going to need you and your beast to move, druid."

"Bott I'm not..." Donovan started to say as the man started to punch holes into the wooden doorway. And it kinda made sense after that, at least what the cat was doing. The cat must've been another person, he'd heard of Druid's and their shape-changing before, but this was the first he'd seen it in person. It was rather awesome, and if not for the situation, he might've been able to appreciate it a little better.

It wasn't long until the wood cracked under the repeating strikes of the tested weapon. Out of the woodwork poored a... well he wasn't sure what to call this woman, she looked like a fox, and transformed into one as well. Was it another Druid? Maybe. Probably. She seemed to be doing alright, and with the other two prisoners looking over her, Donovan figured she'd be alright. He turned his attention back to the elf Woman sitting in the center of the room, he was still furious with her. "A'right, allow me to rephras' m'ah question: Wha' in tha bloody oblivion did ya drag ous 'ere f'er?" He said, taking a slightly defensive posture with a hand in his pouch.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

A silence fills the room for a moment as her eyes scan the room and then is broken by her laughter it's sweet and not menacing at all. "I'm afraid I'm not the one that brought you here. I do like you trying to figure it out so I will give you something for free, ask one question and I will answer truthfully but then." and then in an instant she is directly in front of you. " I will leave you all stranded here to rot like starving rats." then she laughs again and it is much more sinister.

7. - Top - End - #37

She was so close, Donovan could've spit on her, in fact, he kinda regrets not doing it.

However. She had given him an opportunity to find a way out and didn't realize it. There would probably be a lot more to it than she would let on, and most of this was probably a trap still, but if she really was going to keep her word, Donovan had a way to at least get them a step forward. The phrasing of the question would be almost as important as the question itself. Though he had an idea of where to start. Some might've asked who she was, why she took them, all good questions, but escape was more important than those silly things, and Donovan was beginning to not care for the answers.

He could smell her breath, it was dreadful. He took a step back, both in recoil and in restraint. He rather quickly pieced together what to say, he was a little proud of himself, but who knows what sort of bull**** this Elf might feed him to dodge an honest answer. Oh well, he had to try.

"So. Iff'n yee had to walk out 'a this facility withou' usin' magic, wha' steps would yee take to go about leavin', from right were ya ar' tha' is?"
    Last edited by TheGuardianWolf; 2018-05-09 at 01:20 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

At your question she bends down even further and pulls off the mask hiding the bottom half of her face. "I never could trick you dwarves I always got lost in those beautiful eyes." she smiles her lips a dark blue perhaps lipstick or something more. "Fine I won't mess with you but I'm afraid the answer will be very obvious" she stands straight up and approaches a large blank wall and gestures to the top "Solve this riddle and you will find your path forward to the exit but I must warn you. One of you is not what they seem, they will know what to do and more importantly when to strike."

Above her writing begins to form and she walks through the wall as though it wasn't even there.

The writing is in a foreign language.

Spoiler: To those that understand Sylvan.
    Show
    The riddle reads. "What question can't you answer yes to?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Adam

He saw the riddle and new the answer. This was the difficulty of riddles which his parents told him, when he was a boy.

But instead of saying the answer the only noise he made was a loud hiss. Aww, man! he thought. Normally it wasn't necessary to talk while shaped but for now he had to turn back into his human form.

Are you asleep? he said to the wall as the answer.

Edit: back in human form all his attention belongs to the riddle. The other people in the room are uninteresting for him at the moment. He saw that they are not dangerous to him. Important was it to get out of this dungeon or whatever it was.
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-05-09 at 04:49 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Lexara transforms ones more. Taking form of an tall woman with thick black hair and skin made of flecks of sparkling crystals in very light shade of gray. She looks around at others in the room only glancing at the writing. "Who are you people? Were are we?" She asks rather confused.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The cat abruptly shifts into a person and calls out "Are you asleep" and then everything goes silent, then his voice seems to echo out of nowhere and then again but louder more voices seem to follow. The whole room begins to shift and shake rumbling as the voices get louder and louder, the wall the elf walked through begins to crack more and more until finally it explodes outward leaving a trail of dust.

After a moment the echoing dies down and with it the dust, an entrance has formed just big enough to fit a large creature. As you approach you can see very little there seems to be no light save for a faint glowing on the distant end of the room.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ivan grumbles, hearing the pontifications of the elf. He rolls his eyes at the notion of a traitor. Of course there's a traitor. Nothing can be simple here. The cat forming into a human startles him, he looks around warily at the others. The little fox that he apparently saved also turned into a -- rather shiny -- person, bewildering him further. After the man-beast solves the riddle he answers back to the shiny one.

"My name is Ivan. I am a knight that hails from Mormerilon. I haven't the faintest of where we are, or who put us here, but they want us here for something. I haven't committed any crimes, so this probably isn't any normal crime and punishment. More urgent, are we going to ask about each other about this so-called wolf in sheepskin, or are we going to let the subject lie."

After introducing himself, he raises his voice to address the others, giving pointed glances at the two shapeshifters.

Edit: I'm retroactively changing my color to teal so I'm easier to read.
    Last edited by blade artist; 2018-05-14 at 07:36 PM.
    It's not that I thrash around with them, I simply draw them in their elegance.

Spoiler
    Show
    [/CENTER]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I'm Adam. Let's find a way out. he said. No need to say more. Now they know his name and what he's gonna do now: find a way.

He took a fist-sized stone, mumbled some words and threw the now glowing stone into the tunnel. what do we have here? he said while watching into the now illuminated whole.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    he casts “light“ on the stone.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

As the stone flies into the room it seems to illuminate very little except for the tile floor until it eventually strikes the ground, the clatter echoing out and then rather quietly someone snaps their fingers. To the left and right of you sconces catch fire illuminating a small amount of the area and then another pair of sconces light up and then another continuing on until the room is faintly lit by their light.

The room is 30 feet wide and roughly 80 feet long about 50 feet out is a large white chalk circle taking up roughly 30 by 30 foot area on the opposite wall is a doorway and in front of it is a rather large imposing man. He stands a good seven feet tall his body clad with scars that along with his veins seem to glow a bright orange you can almost make out his pulse as some foreign energy seems to flow through his veins. He raises his arms about as thick as your heads and cracks his knuckles, along his wrists you can see heavy chains wrapped around each serving as some kind of bracers.

"ENTER"

He raises two fingers and gestures you all forward.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

C'mon! he said and winked at the others that they should follow him as he climbed into the new room.
    Then he stood there. Not defensive nor offensive. Just standing there, near the entrance with his back on the wall.
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-05-20 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Corrected the color

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Lexara moves more Góra then him assuming a battle stance. Ieft leg decidedly more forward. Both hands curled up into fists, right hand guarding the and left extended a little. While she is not expecting outright attack she is on the edge and expecting danger. It's likely that this is man who bro them here.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ivan raises his arms slightly in front of him and scowls, watching as the two shapeshifters slide into the next room. He sighs defeatedly and steps to just outside the entrance, leveling his gaze at the relative elephant in the room.

"I would enter, but my mother told me never to talk to strangers. Perhaps if we get to know each other, then we could get to courting?" he says sarcastically. "My name is Ivan Trollhollow, from Mormerilon, I seek for power. For what do you stand here for?"
    It's not that I thrash around with them, I simply draw them in their elegance.

Spoiler
    Show
    [/CENTER]

18. - Top - End - #48

No doubt this whole business of "Not being as they seemed." was just another Elven ruse. She was probably mad that Donovan didn't get tripped up and asked his questions of "Why were we brought here?" again and decided to play some coy revenge. He couldn't read the words upon the ceiling, he could recognize the writing as Sylvan but the only word he noticed was "What", so he could tell it was some sort of question, but that's about all.

The Fox had transformed back into a human woman and the cat a human man. The woman had asked who they were and where they were. The other two men had been named Adam and Ivan, apparently. Ivan had proclaimed himself of committing no crimes to have been arrested, and though it was already pretty clear to Donovan that this wasn't the case of any of the prisoner, it was reassuring. He wasn't alone in this predicament, and even if there was one traitor among them, Donovan had 2 allies. Donovan spoke to give his name to the group, however, before he could get out a response, Adam had said "Are you asleep?" which had cause part of the wall to burst open.

On the other side was an intimidating man with some weird energy about him, he stood at what seemed to be a crudely drawn Arena. It could've very well been a trap, but that didn't stop both Adam and the Fox to head into the room to meet the man. Ivan had moved up to the entrance and stood, once again reintroducing himself to the goliath of a man. Donovan slowly walked up alongside him and stood straight with confidence, resolving to not show fear as his imposing ally did.

"Aye, an' am Donovan. Ah come fer' Knouwladge." He spoke with as booming and stoic a voice as possible. He felt, looking their new adversary twice over, that maybe he could recognize the power that was pulsating through him. (OOC: I'm attempting a Knowledge (Arcana) roll.)

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[13]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

You can almost follow the magic coursing through his veins to a faint glow in the center of his chest that seems to be slowly beating, the magic appears to be an enchantment in nature. He seems rather bored watching all of you talk .

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Adam took a deep breath and changed his form again. I'm faster as a puma he thought and started running to the other side of the room, trying to get through the door without any contact or conflict.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Adam shifts swiftly to his puma form, for a moment the man before you is surprised. He readies himself and pulls back to throw a fist but then it hits you he's not aiming for you he's aiming for the floor.

The light coalescing around him seems to center around his fist just before he makes impact with the white circle with an audible bang as the whole circle is engulfed in flame. Adam finds himself in the center of the ring with the figure in front of him, the two surrounded by flame.

"Do you wish to proceed quick one?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

While the man in front of Adam set the ring on fire, his newly comrades were standing still and did nothing. fine, so it's up to me... he thought and prepared for the escalation he wanted to bypass.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+1)[4]
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-05-26 at 01:38 AM.