New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Escape from Multiverse Inc (IC)

@Kevin: its a long moment of hesitation as you finally get on the move.

Reaching out again at Skyker's chest, you utter a prayer to Magavus as the psion's body glow with holy power and renewed vigor.

Spoiler: Heal
    Show
    Heal 120 hit points and remove any poison you may have.

@Skyler: you feel a warmth inside you as a golden light remove the darkness from unconsciousness.

You're prone on the road and watch as the one who took you down is dead, with onky their chief in position to fight. Damn... Being taken down so easyly will probably have the others make fun of you. Better show them what you're really up to!

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    War Troll
    Bael, Drelkyios, Kevin, Markus, Shiver, Skyler
    Average Trolls
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skyler snaps his eyes open with a hiss of frustration. A transparent membrane forms on his skin as he complains.

"Remind me to tell James to fix the crit fail mechanics."

Skyler concentrates for a moment, then the vanishes in a flash of blue light accompanied by a sharp hum. He reappears 500' past the war troll, standing.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Standard: Vigor for 12 pp, granting 60 temp hp to me and my psicrystal for 12 minutes.
    Move: Overchannel +1 Psionic Dimension Door augmented to move action, total 13 pp, I take (1d8)[3] damage.
    Last edited by Xanyo; 2018-05-18 at 10:16 AM.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Spoiler: Other Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

@Skyler: not really interested in staying into close combat, you teleport as far as you can, making sure the troll is nothing but a pixel away from you.

Just in case, you also grant yourself with a much needed boost to stamina.

@Party: the troll brothers remain grappled by the chilly tentacles and so are prevented from bashing each other heads. They keep regenerating the damage suffered, but the tentacles keep squeezing the life out of them, so eventually they'll drop unconscious.

Round 3

@Party: with only their boss being able to actually pose a threat, you get ready to finally take down this bandit: it's a 1v5 (1v6 if you consider the now far away Skyler), so it shouldnt be very hard, right?

"See? Your allies are already abandoning you", he shouts and laughs as the cut on his throat seals compeltely!

This troll is completely unharmed again. He then look at the dazed Drelkyios at his mercy, "Time for you to pay what you did to my little brothers there", he says before starting to hack and slash at him.

@Drelkyios: the war troll raise his greatsword and bring it down at your shoulder, trying to cut you in half!

Spoiler: 1st Critical Slash
    Show
    39 damage

The second attack is just as brutal, as keep intent on having you dead for having hurt him. Even if only slightly.

Spoiler: 2nd Critical Slash
    Show
    38 damage

He then stab you once more, but this time at your chest.

Spoiler: 3rd Slash
    Show
    21 damage

And not yet satisfied with the pain he just inflicted you, he approach his face to yours and bite half your cheek off!

Spoiler: Bite
    Show
    4 damage

How can this monster hit so hard and be so tanky? Damn war troll OPness. At least now you arent dazed anymore.

"Come on little man", he taunts you, his stance the same as before, "Show me what you got?"

Spoiler: Robilar's Gambit
    Show
    Now that you're aware of this:

Attacks against the war troll gains a +4 on attack roll and deal +4 damage.

Note: the ones you made before gained this bonus, but you werent aware of the retaliation. Now that you do, you can add the bonus yourself.

Also, for each attack you make to him, roll a Fort save DC 22 or be dazed for 1 round (IF he manage to hit the AoO, of course).

Show
    War Troll
    Bael, Drelkyios, Kevjn, Markus, Skyler, Shiver
    Average Trolls
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2018-05-18 at 12:10 PM.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Look what I found, magic." Shiver says as he points at the troll, a lance of light forming and spearing towards it.

Spoiler: Stuff!
    Show
    Lucent lance
    (1d20+12)[29] to hit. If it hits blind for 1 round and dazzled for 12. This part is not negated by spell resistance.

(1d20+12)[23] for spell resistance for (12d6)[49] damage.

5. - Top - End - #65

"Hey moss skin!" Skyler yells at the top of his lungs as he rises up at a sixty degree angle and drifting towards the fight fifteen feet, "You said we can pay in hp, right?"

His eyes start to shed light of a variety of colors. He raises one prismatic fabric clad arm towards the troll.

"I've got your down payment for you!"

A ball of flame erupts from behind the troll, far enough back to avoid hitting his ally while still engulfing the arrogant bastard.

Show
    Overchannel +2 ML Chaotic Surge Empowered(spending my crystal's focus, cuz I think I lost mine upon unconsciousness) Energy Ball: Fire. Spending 14 pp. Base damage is 12d6+12, with the roll being (12d6)[43]
    Then apply Chaotic Surge. 1-25 is normal damage. 26-50 is -50%(which would negate Empowered). 51-75 is +50%, making it a total of double damage. 76-100 is maximized. The damage roll will still be used for Empowered. (1d100)[45]
    I'll do the math in a moment.

Bugger. Chaotic failed. Total 55 fire damage, Ref DC 25 for half.
    Last edited by Xanyo; 2018-05-18 at 02:45 PM.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

@Shiver: so this guys is no big fan of magic? Good. Time to show him some more pretty tricks.

Channeling the light from the sunlight that penetrate the forest into a lance of pure light, you hurl it at high speed and right into his face, causing the big brute to growl and get blinded.

"Damn you, flying man! Once I get to you I'll feast on your heart!", he says swinging his sword around after a few moment of confusion just to calm down put his big nose to good use.

@Skyler: safely from the distance you let the chaos inside you to grow and grow until it cant be confined in your body anymore, as a rainbow explosion burst from your hands and incinerate the trolls standing on the bridge. The ones grappled have no chance against it, as they're turned into crisp.

The war troll get the full blast of it but, as proven before, he's very resistant to pain.

"And them you're next!", he shouts. "Whoever did it".

Show
    War Troll
    Bael, Drelkyios, Markus, Kevin, Shiver, Skyler

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"That was me too, I am quite good at magic." Shiver calls down to the troll.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

@Shiver: "Then I will just kill twice!", the war troll growls, showering Drelkyios with spittle.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

"Well, if everyone is ok, I guess it's time for me to jump in the action too!"

Kevin buffs himself with a divine power and get closer to the troll.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Kevin casts Divine Power on himself and moves closer to the troll.

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    HP: 118/120
    AC: 24
    Spells

0: 6/6
    1: 8/8
    2: 8/8
    3: 8/8
    4: 5/7
    5: 4/6
    6: 4/4

10. - Top - End - #70

His ears still ringing, Drelkyios shook his head to clear the lingering fog, even as he launched back into his very rudely interrupted assault.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

B = 3 (Blood in the water stacks)

Full attack, then a swift action to refresh my maneuvers. (Since I couldnt last turn)

(1d20+19)[24]+B to hit. (1d20+21)[23]+B to confirm.
    (1d4+9)[10]+B slashing damage.
    (1d4+9)[11]+B bonus slashing damage if a crit.

(1d20+19)[27]+B to hit. (1d20+21)[29]+B to confirm.
    (1d4+9)[12]+B bonus slashing damage if a crit.

(1d20+14)[18]+B to hit. (1d20+16)[29]+B to confirm.
    (1d4+9)[12]+B slashing damage.

(1d20+14)[34]+B to hit. (1d20+16)[19]+B to confirm.
    (1d4+9)[11]+B slashing damage.

(1d20+9)[22]+B to hit. (1d20+11)[18]+B to confirm.

(1d20+9)[12]+B to hit. (1d20+11)[20]+B to confirm.
    (1d4+9)[10]+B bonus slashing damage if a crit.

Each hit causes a dc 16 fort save, or they take an extra 1d4 damage, and I heal that amount (as temp hp if full)

Also none of those numbers include any circumstance modifiers, like from him being blind. I'm tired and refuse to change the numbers.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Markus, seeing that the trolls on the bridge are down, pulls out his shortsword, mutters a quick spell, and runs towards the troll, with his blade slicing the air.

Show
    Swift Action: Bladeweave. For 10 rounds, one enemy I hit with a melee attack must make a DC 18 Will save or be dazed for 1 round.

Full-round action: charge, ending at L14. -2 AC for 1 round.
    Attack (with +2 from charge): (1d20+24)[28] (against FF AC because the troll is blind)
    Damage: (1d6+9)[10]
    On a hit, the troll is dazed for 1 round unless he beats a DC 18 Will save.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Bael, sewing the trolls on the bridge being dropped, smiles viciously. A few seconds later, he is hacking at the war troll’s throat.

Show
    Full-round: charge
    Attack: (1d20+33)[42] against FF AC.
    Damage: (2d4+14)[17]

After his attack, he yells at Drelkyos to get his act together.
    Spoiler: Swift Action
    Show
    Use WRT on Drelkyos.

13. - Top - End - #73

Spurred on mostly by frustration, he continues the assault.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

B = 3 (Blood in the water stacks)

Dancing mongoose as a swift, then full attack.

(1d20+19)[32]+B to hit. (1d20+21)[26]+B to confirm.
    (1d4+9)[12]+B slashing damage.
    (1d4+9)[13]+B bonus slashing damage if a crit.

(1d20+19)[39]+B to hit. (1d20+21)[33]+B to confirm.
    B become 4
    (1d4+9)[13]+B slashing damage.
    (1d4+9)[10]+B bonus slashing damage if a crit.

(1d20+19)[34]+B to hit. (1d20+21)[32]+B to confirm.
    B becomes 5

(1d20+19)[29]+B to hit. (1d20+21)[23]+B to confirm.

(1d20+14)[22]+B to hit. (1d20+16)[17]+B to confirm.

(1d20+14)[28]+B to hit. (1d20+16)[30]+B to confirm.

(1d20+9)[22]+B to hit. (1d20+11)[24]+B to confirm.

(1d20+9)[14]+B to hit. (1d20+11)[22]+B to confirm.

Each hit causes a dc 16 fort save, or they take an extra 1d4 damage, and I heal that amount (as temp hp if full)

Also none of those numbers include any circumstance modifiers, like from him being blind. I'm tired and refuse to change the numbers.
    Last edited by kjelfalconer; 2018-05-20 at 05:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Spoiler: Miss chances. Apparently.
    Show

d5s, 1s miss. Only rolling twice for the first turn, since most of those were clear misses.

(1d5)[3]
    (1d5)[5]

(1d5)[1]
    (1d5)[4]
    (1d5)[3]
    (1d5)[4]
    (1d5)[3]
    (1d5)[3]
    (1d5)[5]
    (1d5)[2]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

@Kevin: the frontliners need some help and since no one is dead yet, you decide to grant yourself some blessing and advance to the melee: this troll proved to be a strong enemy, but can he actually take on the effort of you all together?

@Markus: you enchant your weapon with a dazing effect and advance for the troll, who utterly ignore your spell. Could it be it cannot be dazed by the beautiful aspect of your weapon if he's blind? Or could it have been his spell resistance? Oh well, at least you hit him.

@Party: with the war troll weakened and blinded, you gang up on him and start attacking him from all directions, as the troll's resistance manage to keep him alive until the very end.

"Is that all you got?", he says, spitting green blood and grinning with a bloodied set of tooth.

But then Bael look to Drelkios and order him around.

"C'mon! No time to catch your breath: you got a troll to slay!"

And just like that, the feral warrior jump yet again at the troll, his rage invigorated.
    What follows is several precise cut aimed to the troll's throat, as it finally is severed from the body, which now falls flat on the bridge.

@Bael: seeing the head rolling on the ground, you pick it up from the dirty hair and rise to meet its gaze.
    Weird enough, even with the head cut off, it still seem to have some glint of life in its eyes, as very slowly the throat start to regrow.

If left this way, this bandit will eventually grow a new body and keep terrorizing this forest. So what to do? Fire wont kill it, neither will blades.

16. - Top - End - #76

Skyler flies back to the group. Floating above them, he surveys the bodies.

"Chuck 'em all in the river. They still need air, turns out. Loot 'em first, of course. See if there's anything good."

Having said that, he rises up further and keeps watch.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"If they still need air, they are pretty dead without lungs. But let's continue on, see if it is still growing in an hour or so and if it is we can deal with it." With that said Shiver continues on towards their shared goals: The dwarves.

18. - Top - End - #78

Beholder

"I think we should just bury him, I mean, even if he gets a new body he'll be trapped under the ground and will be buried alive, or we separate the body and the head and see if both of them starts to regen and form two trolls... Although, they don't give exp... maybe just throw in the river or something like that is okay"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Shaking his head, Shiver offers an opinion: "If he doesn't die from lack of lungs, neither water nor earth will do much. And as long as we loot them first it doesn't really matter, just don't spend too much time on it. We got dwarves to help and brigands to 'arrest' after all."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

I have an idea. Anyone have a Lamp or something else enclosed?
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

@Party: after killing the trolls, you start to argue on what to do with the corpse of the troll.

Some just want to get rid of it and stop the delaying, some want to experience and see how the regeneration works and some simply doesnt care.

While you keep yourself busy though you realize that slowly the troll's head lose any glimpse of light in its eye: no lungs, no breathing. Death by suffocation.

Looking at the beheaded corpse, same result: no way to breath, death for suffocation as well. Experiment concluded. Which is sad for Bael, who was expecting all kind of things to happen.

But nothing of that happen. Oh well, time to loot them.

The regular trolls each carried a Large sized weapon: one carried a heavy hammer and another carried greataxe. Sadly, none were magical, althought nhey were top quality made.

The assassin forest trolls fought with their claws and bite, carrying no weapon at all. One did had a wand on its crude leather belt: an oaken wand with a saphire grasped by a dragon's claw made of silver.

The war troll however had a few interesting items. Sadly, they're also Large sized, but at least you can sell them. He carried a nasty looking greatsword (magical in nature) and a masterwork composite longbow, but this thing is so reinforced that only a giant would be able to use it properly. His armor was a magical mithral chainshirt.

@Skyler and Shiver: Weird. No coins nor goods? But these guys are bandits, so maybe they had an hideout somewhere? You two decide to look around and manage to track some heavy steps on the side of the bridge and find a secret cave just behind it. There you can see some bodies (mainly goblins), some half-eaten, five piles of dirty fur which they probably used for beds and a pile of gold and gems!

One of the goblin's corpses carry an ebon unholy symbol of some deity: a dark goblin head with fiery eyes, which both recognize as being the unholy symbol of Maglubyiet, the god of goblins and hobgoblins, also known as Fiery-Eyes or High Chieftain. He's a War deity.

It also had a jade cameo with the photo of three goblin children, a magic pair of bracers and a magic wand.

Spoiler: Troll Loot
    Show
    3400 gp
    a sapphire
    2 aquamarines
    a jade cameo with goblin family picture
    an ebon unholy symbol of Maglubyiet
    a magical wand
    a magical wand
    a magical Large mithal chainshirt
    a magical Large greatsword
    a masterwork Large heavy hammer
    a masterwork Large greataxe
    a masterwork Large composte longbow (Str +10)

After you're done pillaging the trolls, you start hearing howlings around. Maybe the blood from the battle drawed the attention of some ferocious beasts?
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2018-05-23 at 01:40 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Shiver quickly evaluates the situation and suggests a course of action, which he starts following himself: "I can identify the stuff tomorrow, didn't prepare four castings of identify. Kevin, you used some components for the resurrection, right? You should take the value of those out of the loot before we divide them tomorrow. Let's continue on, if anyone got a knack for scouting please do so."

23. - Top - End - #83

"I can scout pretty well. I'll fly out front and make sure our way is clear. Split up the loot however you figure."

With that, Skyler ascends to a safe height in front of the group and begins scouting.
    Show
    I have +20 Spot.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

@Shiver and Skyler: you pick the loot and decide now isnt the time to divide it and spur the party away from the bridges and the famine wolves.

The woods goes on and on and at everal times the road get too muddy or too overgrown so that your speed is, at times, hindered, making the trip that would take 8 hours take even more.

Spoiler: Survival
    Show
    Failed.
    During your trips, you eventually got lost and took some time to get back on the right trails. The fact you've never been here and that the map you have is out-dated doesnt help.

3 more hours of travel was added.

@Skyler: during the whole time you were scouting uop ahead, you could see wolves stalking the party. Even after the 8 hours march end, you can still see some are lingering and trailing you. Weird enough, they didnt attacked when you got lost nor when you were in difficult terrains. What are they up to?

@Party: the times goes and you're still stuck in the forest. It's 5 AM in game, but your avatars are already on their limit: any more hour marching risk you getting fatigued, but with wolves on your wake what should you do? Sun will set in one hour and you're 3 hours away from the exit of the forest.

Spoiler: Decision Time
    Show
    To rest or not to rest?

25. - Top - End - #85

Beholder

Kevin is a little upset that he couldn't get in melee combat yet, but I guess it's his own fault for getting a support character as his main role. Considering this game seems to be very long, he doesn't bother much, he'll have his time to hack and slash.

"I can identify the stuff tomorrow, didn't prepare four castings of identify. Kevin, you used some components for the resurrection, right? You should take the value of those out of the loot before we divide them tomorrow. Let's continue on, if anyone got a knack for scouting please do so."
    "Thanks, Shiver, it's very thoughtful of you to say that" and he takes 1k gold that he'll then need to turn into diamonds.

"One more thing. I don't know how easy it'll be to get more diamonds. I have a decent amount of diamonds, but we'll need more in the future, for ressurection and true ressurrection. It's just something to think about for the future."

After a lot of walking and marching, the group seems to get stuck in the woods. There are wolves lurking around. It's decision time.

"Guys, I don't know about those wolves. Maybe we should stay here, I mean, unless they are some sort of guardians of the woods, they'll attack us anyway, so better not be fatigued.

One more thing, does anyone need healing? I didn't take much damage last fight and I won't bother healing myself, but if anyone needs, it's better to say now before we get attacked"

Kevin was feeling very calm, even though there are wolves around, I mean, Kevin didn't use to be brave IRL, but here, he seems like he can be much more than he actually is. Healing power and the power of attack seems to be in handy when dealing with danger. No danger seems to scare him anymore. He doesn't care about the problem in the log out option anymore, he's just too excited to go forward in the game that he really doesn't care if he gets stuck for one or two years.

26. - Top - End - #86

Skyler pauses his slow walking, having landed some hours prior.

"That heal earlier took me to full, so I'm good on that note. My morning buffs have worn off though. If we do end up in a fight, I'll be grounded and about fifty percent more fragile than usual.

As for logistically, I spent a little under a third of my power with the trolls. Chances are that traveling through the night won't be a problem in terms of power economics for me, but in terms of physical... well, I was on the neural-digital interface team. Disassociation isn't easy."
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's make camp here. Wolves will attack anyway. I'll take first watch.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

@Party: not wanting to trying your luck and risk getting lost (again) in the dark woods, you decide to camp in a clearing. By coincidence or not, the howling intensify as everyone hit the pillow, leaving Bael alone to watch over you.

The howlings make sleeping hard but eventually you'll drift into Morpheus' arms and manage to get some rest, although some have more restless dreams than others.

@Bael: you're the first watch, which makes Drelkyios the second one. Probably.
    Thanks to your orc darkvision, you manage to see several times bushes moving close to the camp. Wolves. Gripping your guisarme you remain en garde as the wolves keep playing around, circling the camp but never venturing in. Hours go by and soon you start to feel drowsy, but shake the sleep away.

Close to the end of your watch, a deformed wolf enter the clearing. It have goblin facial features and clawed hands.
    He sniff the hair and make eye contact with you, grinning maliciously before turning away and leaving.

Eventually you wake Drelkyios, warn him about the wolves and go get some rest yourself.

@Drelkyios: the second watch sucks, but nothing out of ordinary happens. Eventually even the wolves seem to tire and leave you guys alone. Uneventful watch, great.

DAY 3

@Shiver: you're playing the game when you realize something: you had an appointment with your mom today! You get up and ignore the forest and the wolves, sneaking away from the camp as Drelkyios would probably just stop you. Once he is away, you dash through the woods, checking your watch every now and then. Just 10 more minutes, damn. You'll never reach her if you keep running on your legs!

You try casting Overland Flight, but you prepared a single one only.

5 minutes! Damn, the forest is left behind as you trace your way back through the road.

3 minutes! I'm late, I'm late! You can already see the buildings and the local sunday market close to your house. Just a couple more blocks.

1 minute! Yo'ure running out of breath and can already see it. Godammit, if you hadnt been playing all day you wouldnt lose your schedule.

50s. 40s. 30s. Your legs hurt, your lungs are on fire.

20s. 10s. 5s. Each step you take is a pain and seen to make your house become further instead of closer. Craaaap!

Spoiler: I'M LATE!
    Show
    Roll a Wisdom check.

@Party: you wake up from your rest and see that the morning greet you with fine rain. Of them all, Shiver is the only one who didnt woke up after being called and he seem to be having an agitated dream.

The rain eventually ruin your campfire and you feel that hateful sensation of wet socks. How did they made such thing in this game? The augmented reality they used is years ahead of everything you ever saw. You start breaking your fast with hard bread and a few fruits you started with. Looking at your starting food, you realize there isnt much: each was given 3 days worth of ration only, this being the last piece. Thankfully you can reach Goblinaria in 4 hours and buy something there. Or maybe even try and hunt some wolves or other game.

Once you finish eating, you realize Shiver is still asleep. Lazy mage will take an hour to prepare his spells and he didnt even started!

29. - Top - End - #89

Skyler shakes Shiver's shoulder to rouse him, somewhat complaining and groaning as he does so.
    "I told them they probably ought to program a pain dampener for sensual inputs over a certain threshold, but nooooo, that would break the immersion they said."
    He tries to cover himself with his fancy looking magical cloak.
    "When they said they wanted full immersion, I didn't think they meant it literally."
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I forgot! It's Tuesday! I need to get the meat to simmer else my niece won't get to eat before bedtime! Stupid damn everything being so slow!

Spoiler: Spoiler!
    Show
    Using black to not be confused with Shiver.
    (1d20+1)[14]