Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
  1. - Top - End - #721

2. - Top - End - #722

3. - Top - End - #723
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Kingmaker in the Forgotten Realms [OOC thread]

I was waiting for someone else to respond. I'd be lothe to give him away if he'd gotten away with it after all. Plus I responded very recently.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Troll in the Playground

What is everyone wanting to do with this guy? Gakan seems to want to recruit him. Kuros just doesn't want this man/beast to endanger others (Kuros's shortcoming of not trusting others is making him lean towards execution, especially after he has been caught lying to us multiple times). Dergosh seems to not care either way. Three seems to want to give this guy a chance if Three can be reasonably assured he wants to be good. Korlann seems to be in the same boat as Three. Not sure about Ruk.

Out of Character, I just can't bring myself to buy that this guy is at all innocent or wants to do good. Sure maybe he was afflicted with this curse rather than being born to it's evils, but even if he did want to live a normal life the problem of recruiting him is that we don't have the infrastructure to contain him if he does have another episode.

The way I see it, we ultimately have 3 choices here:
    1. We kill him. He isn't trustworthy and admitted to the crime of slaying at least one innocent even if it was under the effects of a curse.
    2. We hold him in custody until his hunter arrives. We can hear two sides of the story and determine guilt from innocence a little easier. This also gives us a chance to possibly recruit the were-hunter and give a poor man his vengeance.
    3. We aid in the Werewolf's escape/recruit him into our budding territory. I like this option the least because if we recruit him, he is an unstable and potentially hazardous element EVEN IF HE DOESN'T MEAN TO BE. Also, just healing him up and letting him go like this is highly irresponsible in my opinion.

Should we put it to a vote here so we can move this along?

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry - I've been busy the past few days. Given the fact that the guy seems to still be lying, Korlann would be disinclined to let him live. Letting him go is simply out of the question, due to the fact that he's already failed to contain himself once, while keeping him alive but holding him may be difficult given the lack of things such as restraints and proper holding facilities - and taking a werewolf into Oleg's just seems like a horrible, horrible risk. If we had an actual cell of some sort, or anything that could properly hold this guy, yeah, I'd be fine with at least holding him until the hunter shows up and then getting the other side of the story, but I don't think that's really a viable option for us.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

6. - Top - End - #726
    Troll in the Playground

Just a little heads up of what my schedule will be like in the near future if I start to get really flaky with posting. I put this up in my other games to.

Announcement: I will be travelling for 2 weeks starting the 28th for work. There is Wifi where I will be at so I won't eliminate the possibility of me posting, but I will have other things which are more important going on so I may just go dark for those two weeks. Very likely no posts on the 28th since I have about 10 hours of flying going on. Will be flying back on the 10th of November if everything goes as planned so I can resume normal posting the 11th. That said, after my return I will possibly go from part time to full time so energy levels may be low.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

bcool: is it okay if I bot your character from 28/10 to around 11/11 or so if needed, then?

8. - Top - End - #728
    Troll in the Playground

Yup, bot as needed. I may be able to post, but don't wait on me.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

amused Re: Kingmaker in the Forgotten Realms [OOC thread]

Sorry for the radio silence. I wasnít really inspired with much to say, but I should have maintained a presence in the OoC. Ruk doesnít trust this guy, and would probably prefer he be killed, but he doesnít have enough conviction to argue with anyone who feels strongly the other way.

Edit: Ha! Came here before I looked at the IC.
    Guess itís slayin time.

Edit 2: Well... damn!
    Last edited by Zombulian; 2018-10-18 at 11:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dergosh is waiting for the sign from the party to slay this guy with his new Gruumsh-spear, too.
    Dergosh the Loud Male Half-Orc Cleric 2 | HP: 18/18 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +4 melee 1d8+3/x2, +3 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--detect magic, guidance, resistance, resistance; 1st- bless, command D (DC 14), shield of faith, vigor, lesser
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)

Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

I hope you guys are thinking what Iím thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    Recruit the werewolf somehow instead of letting him kill himself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Problem: high-level beatsticks are easily negated by flight and projectile weapons.
    Solution: create a high-level beatstick that can throw stuff, holy crap I'm a genius.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    Have him bite Gakan just to see what a werewolfcat looks like?

Edit: I guess we already know
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; Yesterday at 07:26 PM.
    Dergosh the Loud Male Half-Orc Cleric 2 | HP: 18/18 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +4 melee 1d8+3/x2, +3 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--detect magic, guidance, resistance, resistance; 1st- bless, command D (DC 14), shield of faith, vigor, lesser
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)

Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

14. - Top - End - #734
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurion 2 View Post
    Have him bite Gakan just to see what a werewolfcat looks like?
    Nevermind, I vote for this instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Problem: high-level beatsticks are easily negated by flight and projectile weapons.
    Solution: create a high-level beatstick that can throw stuff, holy crap I'm a genius.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Barbarian in the Playground

You do realise that as an afflicted wolf hik biting me wont be contagious, it'll just be kinky.