The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 312
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn staggers backwards, away from the fight. Before he can stop himself, he feels his new magic bubbling over as he begins manifesting a power.

    An eagle, streaked with divine light, swoops down from the heavens and launches itself at Caelus, talons and beak slashing at the captain's face.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Quinn is spending a focus point to use his Servitor power. Essentially casting Summon Monster I but with a standard action and a 1 minute duration instead of 1 round. Summoning a celestial eagle, who then Smites Evil and attacks Caelus with a full attack.

    If Caelus is big e Evil he takes one extra point of damage from each successful attack. Otherwise no additional effect.

    Beak: (1d20+3)[15]
    Damage: (1d4)[2]

    Talon 1: (1d20+3)[14]
    Damage: (1d4)[2]

    Talon 2: (1d20+3)[17]
    Damage: (1d4)[3]

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn's celestial eagle manages to scratch the top of Caelus' head, evoking a curse from the man. The dark stranger uses the momentary distraction to close the distance, pulling the cloth away from its face as it moves. The stranger's mouth opens unnaturally wide, revealing a maw filled with long sharp teeth. But perhaps more disturbing than the too-large mouth and teeth is the profusion of... tongues? tentacles? which wriggle aggressively toward the Captain. Caelus manages to throw an arm up to ward off the attack, but the tongues yank the arm into the stranger's mouth and its teeth sink into flesh. Caelus lets out an unmanly scream and seems to be losing some of the feeling in the arm as it goes a little limp. In addition to this, the wound that Caelus had inflicted on the stranger's chest looks to be rapidly sealing itself, and blood stops flowing from it.

    Meanwhile, the crazed followers of the stranger fling themselves against Caelus' men with wreckless abandon. Most of them are unarmed, simply scratching, biting, and punching in a frenzy. A few of them pick up random implements from around the area, and a couple have small knives. Their attack is uncoordinated, and untrained, but it is enough to keep the crew distracted for now. Indeed, the way the people are throwing themselves upon the crew has a rather disconcerting effect on the men.

    Joe manages to cast his Mage Armor spell. (as per B's last post)

    The crew of the 'Noose' continue to slash at the civilians, though with a noted panic. The one who had killed a civilian outright turns to help his captain, flanking the stranger, and thrusting uselessly at him. Seven more civilians go down in a bloody massacre, including the staggered one. Only four remain standing.

    Caelus' face is a portrait of disgust. He uses the flanking action of his crewman to slip his rapier into an unprotected spot in the stranger's thick garb, however the creature proves quite resilient.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Celestial Eagle hits Caelus with the 2nd talon attack for 3 damage.
    Stranger hits Caelus with a bite attack for 8 damage, and deals 1 Dexterity damage.
    Stranger recovers 5 hp from Fast Healing

    Two of the Civilians manage to hit with their attacks for 2 and 4 damage. The rest of the attacks are ineffective. The one staggered civilian simply shambles toward the nearest crewman. In response, the crew kills or knocks out seven more civilians.

    Joe casts Mage Armor, as per B's last post, since he wasn't in initiative yet.

    Caelus manages to get a sneak attack in, but not for very heavy damage. He deals 7 damage plus 2 sneak attack.

    Back on to Quinn and Jeri's initiative. Jeri is no longer confused or shaken. Quinn is still confused for 2 rounds; (1d100)[83] "Attack nearest creature "; this would be either Jeri or Joe, take your pick.
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2019-06-13 at 02:11 PM.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn spots something out of the corner of his eye and glances behind. For a moment it seems as though some dark and terrible shadow is hanging over Joe, ready to consume him. He cries out in terror, instinctively drawing his bow and loosing an arrow at the creature.

    The eagle continues to peck and claw at Caelus, distracting him from the greater fight.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Quinn's confused attack at Joe- maybe he actually caught a glimpse of the phantom for a moment? Or maybe he's just confused.

    Attack: (1d20+4)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[4]

    -4 if Quinn is firing into melee (he does not yet have precise shot).

    Eagle (I think it should have gotten flanking bonuses, but I forgot those last time. Have added in this time.

    Talon 1: (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage: (1d4)[2]

    Talon 2: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (1d4)[1]

    Claw: (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage: (1d4)[3]

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Jeri finally comes to herself and still doesn't like what she sees. She crouches for a moment and takes in a deep breath. She feels her anger at Caelus for bringing her here manifesting into a black-hole vortex (well, a small one), which zips over to him.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ranged attack on Caelus (I also don't have precise shot yet): (1d20-2)[5], gravity blast for (1d6+2)[3] damage.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Startled Joe checks backward when his partner narrowly misses him. Joe is on the verge of attacking Quinn in a mad frenzy when something seems to order him to stop. After an instant of hesitation Joe seems to recognize the confusion in Quinn’s eyes “Snap out of it!” the Farmer yells angrily at Quinn. Then Joe scans the battlefield looking for an appropriate person to attack.

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn strikes Joe in his confusion whilst his Celestial Eagle continues to harass Caelus. Jeri takes a shot at Caelus with a gravity blast, which sails harmlessly over his head.

    The dark stranger presses his attack against Caelus with zest, biting and clawing at him. The thing snaps its teeth into Caelus' neck for a moment, but the effect is immediate and drastic. Caelus' knees buckle as the color drains from his face, and he nearly drops his blade from numb fingers. Meanwhile, the stranger's followers continue their useless, but fervent assault on the crew. Joe scans the crowd and sees that barely a man of the crew has suffered a scratch, though Caelus looks positively dreadful; a strong breeze might be enough to blow him down.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Quinn hits Joe for 4 damage.
    Celestial Eagle hits Caelus twice for 5 damage total. (I've added 2 damage from last round if we would've included flanking bonus.)
    Jeri's gravity blast misses.

    Stranger recovers 5hp through Fast Healing and does a full attack on Caelus for 19 damage total (a bite and two claws) and 3 Dex drain.
    Civilians attack, but are unable to hit their better armed and armored opponents.

    It is Joe's turn. Caelus is looking very weak at the moment, and there are still a dozen crewmen hacking down the remaining civilians that the dark stranger has turned against them.

    Spoiler: Turn Order
    Show
    Caelus and Crew
    Quinn/Jeri
    Dark Stranger and Followers
    Joe
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Joe recognizes Caleus’ state and charges with a yell, swinging his sap with all his might in an attempt to take the man in the head. His demeanor would indicate that his choice of Caleus as target is fueled more by rage than a reasoned decision to kill the enemy leader. He plows heedlessly toward the man intent to cause as much damage as possible. “You bastard!” he screams swinging the sap.
    Spoiler: actions
    Show

    Joe will charge Caleus and attack him with the sap.
    To hit (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[9]

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Joe dummies the Captain and the man's eyes roll into the back of his head as he falls unconscious. Some of Caelus' men are still engaged with civilians, managing to drop two more of them, leaving only two more standing. The remaining men fall back to the Captain giving openings to the celestial eagle, Joe, and the stranger. Half the men drag Caelus up the gangplank together, while the other half cover their retreat. One man slices at Joe, another at the eagle, and two gang up on the stranger.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Joe deals 9 damage to Caelus putting him into 'Dying' territory.

    Caelus' men have split into 3 equal teams;

    -Four of Caelus' men take down two more civilians, leaving only two left.

    -Four grab Caelus by each limb to carry him onto the Noose, provoking AOO's from Celestial Eagle, Stranger, and Joe.
    Stranger AOO's one for 6 damage and 1 Dex drain

    -Four stay and fight. Two flank the stranger for sneak attack damage and one of them crits, even with the unusual anatomy. Stranger takes a total of 26 damage.
    One attacks Celestial Eagle for (1d20+2)[22] and (2d4+3)[10] damage if hit.
    The other attacks Joe for (1d20+2)[9] and (2d4+3)[9] damage if hit.

    Joe and Celestial Eagle can make their AOO's and then Quinn and Jeri can take their turns. Quinn is still confused this round: (1d100)[47]

    Spoiler: Turn Order
    Show
    Caelus and Crew
    Quinn/Jeri
    Dark Stranger and Followers
    Joe



    Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2019-06-27 at 10:44 PM.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    When the crew attempts to rescue the Captain Joe takes the opportunity to attack the same sailor that the Stanger attacked. He swings his sap at the man, attempting to finish the job and bring the sailor down.

    Hit
    (1d20+3)[10]
    Damage
    (1d6+3)[4]

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    The eagle lashes out as the crew drags the captain away, before another sailor strikes it, sending it back to its home plane. Quinn steadies his bow, preparing to fire at the man, but he hears a gentle whisper in his ear. He spins, confused. "Deeanna?! Deeanna, is that you?!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Crit or no, that eagle is super dead.

    AoO: (1d20+3)[15]
    Damage: (1d4)[3]

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Jeri yells, "No! Get away!" and aims another gravity blast at the nearest crewman attacking a civilian.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+2)[21] vs #3 on the map, for (1d6+2)[3] damage.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Joe misses his target, though the eagle manages to hit, causing the sailor to stumble, then winks out of existence as one of his fellows strikes it. Jeri's attack also connects, and her target cries out in alarm at the strange phenomenon crushing his body.

    The stranger lets loose a rasping laugh as Caelus' men drag him onto the ship. He turns his attention to the sailor standing between himself and Joe, and savagely bites the man's neck, ripping his throat open. Having dealt with one of his flankers, he turns to the other and slashes him with both claws.

    The two remaining civilians continue to beat on the sailors, and one of them manages to hit.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Celestial Eagle manages to hit on its AOO (with flanking bonus before everyone moved), Staggering Sailor 8.

    Stranger recovers 5 hp with Fast Healing, then does a full attack against Sailor 10 and 11, with sneak attack damage for flanking Sailor 10 with Joe. Sailor 10 takes 20 damage from Stranger's Bite attack and is nearly dead. Sailor 11 takes 9 damage from two claws, and is Staggered.

    Civilian hits Sailor 2 for 2 damage. The other civilian misses.

    It is Joe's turn.

    Spoiler: Turn Order
    Show
    Caelus and Crew
    Quinn/Jeri
    Dark Stranger and Followers
    Joe



    Last edited by Aeryk; 2019-07-02 at 12:06 PM.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Lost in the oblivion of anger and rage Joe charges on toward the other sailor that the strange just attacked. At this point he is heedless of his own safety, and it is apparent. Screaming in a blind and incoherent rage Farmer moves quickly around the stranger to face the other sailor. He swings his sap right at the sailors face, with all the focus and anger one would expect if Joe anticipated taking the mans head clean off.

    (1d20+3)[14]
    (1d6+3)[4]

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Joe moves around the stranger, heedless of the other sailors who swing unsuccessfully at him as he passes by. His rage is enough to see him through and bring down the staggered man.

    The crew with Caelus manage to get on board the ship. The remainder of the men begin to withdraw as well, ensuring they give the stranger a wide berth as they retreat, though one of the civilians manages to get a decent slash on the distracted sailor.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Joe triggers AOO's from Sailor 9 and 12 on his way to hit 11, which I rolled OOC. If he positions himself opposite from the stranger, he can hit with the flanking bonus, otherwise it's a miss. Sailor 11 is now dying.

    Caelus' crew withdraw onto the ship and form a defensive ring, preparing to drop the plank. One civilian manages to hit a retreating soldier for 5 damage as he goes. Sailors 3 and 4 are still on the plank, having taken a more circumspect route around the stranger, Sailor 10 is dying and very nearly dead, and Sailor 11, whom Joe just dropped, is in the negative, but stable.

    It is now Quinn and Jeri's turn, and Quinn has finally broken out of his confusion.

    MAP

    Spoiler: Turn Order
    Show
    Caelus and Crew
    Quinn/Jeri
    Dark Stranger and Followers
    Joe
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2019-07-04 at 08:43 PM.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn levels his bow at the closest sailor but hesitates. With the exception of accidentally shooting Joe, he'd only ever fired at animals before. A cold sweat forms on his brow as he freezes in place. Finally, the moment passes him by and he relaxes the bow as the sailor runs away up the gangplank unscathed.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Quinn will hold his action, unable to take the shot.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Jeri takes stock of the situation and swirls her arms all around, and the ground ripples slightly at her feet. Another gravity blast arcs towards the gangplank itself, as Jeri hopes to destroy it or at least intimidate the sailors into not returning.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Welcome back! Sorry, I've had the campaigns here kinda on pause here, too. Jeri's attack: (1d20+2)[11] for (1d6+2)[3] bludgeoning and she'll gather energy first as a move action so as to extend the normal range on the blast and make it as showy as possible.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Jeri's display does minimal damage, but frightens one of the men enough that he frantically hops out of the way and into the water below. Meanwhile, the two remaining civilians run up the gangplank after Caelus' men, shouting obscenities and practically frothing at the mouth. The Stranger simply stands in place, watching. His wounds continue to heal with supernatural speed.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Jeri's attack deals 1 damage to the gangplank. The civilians double-move onto the ship. The Stranger delays. It is Joe's turn.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Finally having an avenue to vent his rage Joe is not going to stop while there is still opportunity to harm his adversaries. He is about to charge up the ramp in a fury when he notices that the stranger has not moved. Confused and angry that the stranger is not pressing the attack Joe spots an item fallen to the ground. Knowing that he has moved objects in the past he wills the object to fly through the air to harm a sailor.

    Joe will use Telekinetic Projectile to hurl a dropped object on the ground at the nearest sailor that is visible to be attacked.
    To Hit
    (1d20)[16]
    Damage
    (1d6)[2]

    Spoiler: Joe
    Show

    Farmer Joe human Spiritualist HP 9 / 13 Speed ft Init 0 AC 10 Fort 5 Ref 0 Will 4 CMB +3 BAB 0 scythe 3 (2d4+3, 4)
    scythe power not available 2 (2d4+6, 4)
    longsword -1 (1d8+3, )
    sap power 3 (1d6+3, 2) Str 16 (3) Dex 10 (0) Con 14 (2) Wis 12 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 8 (-1)

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    The sailor remaining on the plank looks surprised as a large rock bonks him in the head, seemingly from nowhere, and leaving a nasty welt. He recovers his wits quickly however, and cuts down the last civilian approaching him, then retreats onto the vessel. Two more of the sailors drop the plank into the water, and then the crew sets about casting off. There is much panicked shouting on board, but the Stranger seems content to let them be for the moment. He turns and regards each of you, then says, "An impressive performance. Now you will board my vessel," he points a clawed finger at the black ship docked next to the Noose, "If you do as I say, your trip will be much more pleasant. Let us proceed."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Joe hits the sailor for 2 damage.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn takes the arrow off the bowstring and slings the weapon over his shoulder. Impressive indeed. The only one I managed to shoot was Joe. At least that eagle seemed to do something. More than me anyway. He shakes his head slightly, as if to rid it of negative thoughts. No, enough self pity. You'll have to be stronger than this if you're going to survive.

    He glances around himself, and a wave of nausea hits him as he takes in the carnage of the battle. Bloodied and ruined bodies were everywhere. He staggers to a nearby building, leaning against it heavily and throwing up into the gutter. Seems my stomach hasn't gotten the message about this newfound resolve.

    When it seems as though there's nothing left, he wipes his mouth and nods to the Stranger, ready to depart for the ship.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Jeri sees Quinn packing up, and decides to throw in with him. "Let's find somebody with answers, then," she says. "Although anything would be more pleasant than the last trip."

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I will assume Joe is coming along as well, even though we haven't heard from B yet. Everyone can advance to 2nd level.


    CHAPTER II - THE KING IN YELLOW
    The party boards the strange black ship for the second time, this time physically, rather than only in their dreams. Once aboard, the ship sails of smoothly, seemingly under its own power since no sails or oars are evident. The Stranger approaches a control board set with strange runes and various colored jewels. He touches them in a series of motions which is difficult to follow, then addresses the group. “We travel now to Leng, my homeland, via the Dimension of Dreams. You will experience some unusual things in the transit, mostly psychic, but you must know that these are not dreams in the fashion that you are used to. Everything that happens to you now is real, and each of you will perceive everything differently. My attention will be devoted to navigating the vessel, and I will not perceive all that you perceive. It is of the utmost importance that you do not leave this vessel without my permission under any circumstances, no matter what you may see or hear. Brace yourselves.”

    The ship sails off into the sea, and all seems normal for a while as you watch the port of Zarga disappear over the horizon. Presently, the sky and sea subtly change colors by degrees until they are dramatically different; the sky turning an unnaturally dark pink, and the sea becoming a pastel green. Suddenly a multitude of tentacles erupts from the green waters, so black that they look dimensionless, void. They entangle the ship, but the Stranger keeps still and calm as everything you see is consumed by blackness until nothing remains. Next, you see a pinpoint of yellow light in the far distance, but it grows rapidly, building faster and faster until it also surrounds you. You find yourselves sitting in the front row of a theater house. You look around and see hundreds of faceless people, all dressed in fanciful aristocratic clothes, bedecked in all manner of jewelry, hats, scarves and other accouterments. The theater itself is illustrious, with massive stone columns along the walls adorned with finely sculpted designs, inlaid with gold. As your eyes and minds struggle to take it all in, the audience explodes into applause and you return your attention to the stage where the velvet curtains are drawn back and the play begins.

    Then an even more extraordinary thing happens; your awareness shifts, and you find yourselves standing on the stage, yet somehow you can see yourselves sitting among the faceless audience, mouths agape. The stage surges in waves beneath your feet. You look up, and see the night sky, and a meteor falling toward you. Your gaze remains transfixed upon the object as it crashes into the stage floor in front of you. The smoke clears, and a masked figure stands before you upon a large glowing rock, robed in yellow. The Yellow King points behind you, and you turn to find a massive spider bearing down upon you. The Yellow King swells to titanic size, and begins to combat the spider, and utters in a deep voice, “Thou canst not prevail against the likes of me, Mog-Lathar. I shall be the ruin of thou and thine ilk.” The floorboards begin to shatter, and from below emerge numerous smaller spiders like the one from your previous dream, blue and yellow striped monstrosities.

    Last edited by Aeryk; 2019-08-29 at 06:19 PM.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    When the new ship leaves port Joe stands on deck and watches as the slave ship receeds into the distance. He softly mutters under his breath, "My scythe, my father gave me my scythe." He touches the heavy wool cloak he is wearing, now the last link he has to his old life. He is lost in a hase of insanity, a steady stream of mumbling talk quitely continuing with hardly a pause for breath. Joe fails to respond when the tenticles erupt from the water, he just glances at the stranger and when he sees the stranger not moving Joe does not move either.

    When the scenes shift to a theater Joe watches with the strange vaugeness of a madmen who is slowly accepting his delusions as a regular part of reality. Not really panicked, more interested.

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Woo! Level 2! I'll post updates to my character in the OOC thread.


    Quinn tries to cling to the rail of the ship as the dreamscape changes around him, before realising that it has disappeared from his grasp. He instinctively staggers back from the fight between the king and the spider, and clutches for his bow as the smaller spiders emerge.

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Jeri is startled by the spiders and she shrieks. "Here we go again!" She lights her lantern staff, hoping it will clarify things, and brandishes it at the closest spider.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yay levels! I've stuck Jeri's statblock in the tab below... I'm hoping she still has her staff (and that Joe has his scythe, to be honest).


    Spoiler: Jeri LeTerre
    Show
    Jeri LeTerre
    F CG (8/2) Tiefling (outsider) Kineticist (void), Level 2, Init 2, HP 17/17, Speed 30
    AC 13, Touch 12, Flat-footed 11, CMD 12, Fort 4, Ref 5, Will -1, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Cold Iron Lantern Staff +1 (1d6, x2)
    Dagger +0 melee / +3 ranged (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    Gravity Blast +3 (1d6+2)
    DR 3/- vs small piercing weapons Quilted Cloth Armor (+1 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 9, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 7, Cha 10
    Condition Hanging in there.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    As Joe laments and watches the scene unfold before him, he slowly comes to the realization that his scythe is in his hands. He doesn't have much time to dwell on it though, as the spiders attack. They advance on each of you in pairs, one throwing a sticky, lime green web, the other springing in to bite. Quinn manages to get his crossbow up fairly quickly, but Jeri is a little slower with her staff.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Joe has his scythe while he is in the Dimension of Dreams, but once back in the material world it exists only in the possession of Caelus until such a time as Joe can recover it.

    The Dream Spiders are 'small' sized, in case that matters for anyone.

    vs Quinn (not flat-footed)
    1A, Web: (1d20+3)[12] (DC 11 Fort or (1d6)[1] Wis damage and hallucinations, plus Entangled; DC 11)
    1B, Bite: (1d20+1)[17], Damage:(1d4)[2] (DC 11 Fort or Poisoned (1d4)[3] Wis damage)

    vs Jeri (flat-footed)
    2A, Web: (1d20+3)[5] (DC 11 Fort or (1d6)[3] Wis damage and hallucinations, plus Entangled; DC 11)
    2B, Bite: (1d20+1)[15], Damage:(1d4)[3] (DC 11 Fort or Poisoned (1d4)[4] Wis damage)

    vs Joe (flat-footed)
    3A, Web: (1d20+3)[9] (DC 11 Fort or (1d6)[2] Wis damage and hallucinations, plus Entangled; DC 11)
    3B, Bite: (1d20+1)[18], Damage:(1d4)[4] (DC 11 Fort or Poisoned (1d4)[2] Wis damage)

    *Note: I know it may seem things are coming on strong to start with the ability damage/drain between the dream tea and this, but don't fret, things will turn around, I promise :)
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryk View Post
    As Joe laments and watches the scene unfold before him, he slowly comes to the realization that his scythe is in his hands. He doesn't have much time to dwell on it though, as the spiders attack. They advance on each of you in pairs, one throwing a sticky, lime green web, the other springing in to bite. Quinn manages to get his crossbow up fairly quickly, but Jeri is a little slower with her staff.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    vs Jeri (flat-footed)
    2B, Bite: [roll7], Damage:[roll8] (DC 11 Fort or Poisoned [roll9] Wis damage)
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Jeri's hit by the bite so makes a Fort save vs Poison: (1d20+4)[13] She backs up and gravity-blasts the closest spider (2B that bit her?), atk (1d20+3)[14] for (1d6+2)[8] bludgeoning damage.


    Jeri swings her staff at the spiders in warning with one hand while the other conjures a dark blob of sorts, which she hurls at the bitey one.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Joe is standing there impassively, clearly not having registered that these spiders are real and a threat. In fact he is lovingly staring at his scythe, like a parent re-united with a lost child, when the spider bites him. Joe has a look of confusion, then his anger takes over. With a bellow of rage he swings his scythe at the spider, intent on cleaving it in too.

    Fort Save (1d20+6)[18]
    Attack Scythe (1d20+4)[21]
    Damage (2d4+3)[6]

    Spoiler: Joe Stat Block
    Show
    Farmer Joe human Spiritualist HP 15 / 19 Speed ft Init 0 AC 10 Fort 6 Ref 0 Will 5 CMB +4 BAB 1 scythe 4 (2d4+3, 4)
    scythe power not available 3 (2d4+6, 4)
    longsword 0 (1d8+3, )
    sap 4 (1d6+3, 2) Str 16 (3) Dex 10 (0) Con 14 (2) Wis 12 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 8 (-1)

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Still staggering backwards, Quinn ducks as the sticky threads of web go flying over his head. Hearing movement on his left he spins to face the threat, throwing up his hand in fear as the spider bites at his arm. Just as the fangs are about to tear into flesh, an aura of bright white light flashes around his arm for an instant, and the spider is thrown backwards. Quinn glances down at his forearm in surprise. His arm was unscathed, but he felt a wave of fatigue as though whatever the effect had still cost him somehow.

    He scrambles backwards, towards the centre of the stage. Desperate for something to put between himself and the spiders he lifts his hand and tries to call on the summoning power that had brought the eagles to his side on the docks. This time, a shining white horse materialises at his side, galloping into position from some unknown plane.

    It stops in front of the spiders and rears back on its back legs, lashing out with its front two hooves.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Quinn burns two points of mental focus as an immediate action to cast Mind Shield. It protects him from the spider bite for now, but he can't do it again without resting first.

    On his turn he takes a 5' step back to P7 and uses another point of focus to summon a horse (Servitor power) between himself and the spiders. Horse is terrible at combat, but I'm hoping this will buy a little space to attack with Quinn's bow.

    Horse attacks nearest spider with both hooves:

    Attack 1: (1d20-3)[7]
    Damage 1: (1d3)[2]

    Attack 2: (1d20-3)[4]
    Damage 2: (1d3)[1]



    Spoiler: Quinn stats
    Show
    Quinnovar Elrael (Quinn)
    M LN Elf Occultist (Silksworn) 2, Level 2, Init 3, HP 12/12 DR Thresholds: 12/9/6/3, Speed
    AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, CMD 12, Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 3, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Longbow +4 (1d8, 20x3)
    Mage armor (+3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 7, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 10
    Condition None

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Everyone manages to avoid the webs and the poison while the gods clash above them. Massive spider legs thunk into the floor on one side of the stage, while tattered strips of robes from around the King in Yellow rise up of their own volition to entangle Mog Lathar from the other end.

    Jeri's dark blob seems to entirely consume it's target, as the spider simply vanishes within it, and is no more. Joe also vanquishes his foe with a hefty swing which slices right through his spider, leaving only a wisp of greenish smoke in its place. Quinn's horse appears and frantically strikes at another spider, but the vermin deftly steps under both hooves and lunges for the horse's belly as another spider flanks it from it's hindquarters. Each of the remaining spiders, which had previously slung webs, pounce in for Joe and Jeri respectively.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Jeri kills spider 2B with gravity blast.
    Joe kills spider 3B with his scythe.
    Quinn's horse misses both hoof strikes.

    Spiders 1A and 1B flank the white horse and attempt to bite.
    1A, Bite:(1d20+3)[17], Damage:(1d4)[2] plus Poison (DC11 Fort or (1d4)[2] Wis damage)
    1B, Bite:(1d20+3)[20], Damage:(1d4)[4] plus Poison (DC11 Fort or (1d4)[2] Wis damage)

    Spider 2A attempts to bite Jeri
    2A, Bite:(1d20+1)[15], Damage:(1d4)[1] plus Poison (DC11 Fort or (1d4)[2] Wis damage)

    Spider 3A attempts to bite Joe
    3A, Bite:(1d20+1)[3], Damage:(1d4)[3] plus Poison (DC11 Fort or (1d4)[2] Wis damage)
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •