The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 311
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: Quinn
    Show
    Argoth goes into a trance-like state for a minute before Quinn feels her presence in his mind. The sensation is jarring, and Quinn gets the feeling that she could access any corner of his mind if she wanted to, however she keeps focused on the memories of his dream. Quinn doesn't hear her voice in his head, but he senses her consciousness asking questions about the dream. As Quinn thinks about the dream, he realizes he can block Argoth learning the answers if he concentrates hard enough, or even lead her to believe false things about the memory. However, if he is willing to let her read the memory fully, there is no reason to fight it.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Argoth is telepathically 'viewing' the memory of the dream, but she can only see what Quinn allows based on what questions she is asking of him. What the questions are specifically doesn't really matter right now, she mostly just wants to see the dream first-hand rather than having you describe it verbally. You would normally get a will save to stop the effect initially, but even if you fail, you can bluff the answers. If her sense motive fails, she learns nothing, and if she fails by 5+ you can give her misleading information.



    Once the spell ends, Argoth returns to her normal state. There is a long pause where she simply looks to be thinking. She messages on the board again, "W-E M-U-S-T S-L-E-E-P". Caelus looks at her and exclaims, "What? No! We don't have time for this. What did you learn? I need to know what they can do, why they are so valuable." Argoth looks at him with disdain, and messages "M-O-R-E T-I-M-E". Caelus shakes his head and says, "No. Let's go. What a waste of money. Stupid old cripple." He stands up, looking disgusted, and motions for the three of you to follow him out.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Farmer Joe watches the exchange somewhere between sceptical and impressed. He has no idea about any type of magic, and wouldn't know the real thing from some showmanship. So instead of volunteering he just stands back and watches.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Quinn might inadvertently show Argoth a few images of Deeanna, but he'll do his best to show her the truth of the dream.


    Quinn winces, putting a hand across his eyes and gently massaging his temples. He had developed a nasty headache. He speaks in a pained voice. "Captain wait. She's the real deal. I felt her in my head. Surely we can give her a day. If you think about it this is good news - if we were dealing with something simple and easily explained it likely wouldn't be valuable."

    He turns back to Argoth. "How long do you need? Will you tell us what this means?"

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Argoth gives Caelus a scathing look, then messages, "O-N-E N-I-G-H-T. I S-P-E-A-K I-N D-R-E-A-M-S." Caelus regards her skeptically, but finally sighs, "Fine. One night. It had better be worth it. And I'm leaving some men here to keep watch. These three are still beholden to me, and I want to make sure they don't take off on me while I'm busy." Argoth inclines her head to him slightly, though the look in her eye remains. She whispers something to herself and presently three of Caelus' men wander into the salon, marveling at the surroundings. Caelus raises an eyebrow at Argoth, but just rolls with it. "You three are to remain on guard and make sure our friends here don't get lost. I'll send a fresh rotation in around midnight. I will be returning in the morning to retrieve them." The men reply in unison with a sharp "Yes, sir!"
    Caelus gives a final look at each of you before turning around and departing.

    Shortly thereafter, the receptionist enters the room and addresses the three of you after sparing an annoyed look for the captain's men. As he talks, he moves around the back of the room where there is a small kitchenette. He seems to be preparing tea, of all things.
    "You may address me as Mister Colville. Madame Argoth is intrigued by the nature of your dreams and wishes to investigate further. In order to do so properly, you must drink a very special tea. This tea will make your dreams feel much more real than normal, but Madame Argoth will be with you. I must also warn you that the tea is very expensive and moderately addictive. Your captain has agreed to the price, and you are all expected to imbibe. If you succumb to addiction and it does not resolve itself naturally, we do have the ability to cure it. However, that is even more expensive than the tea, so we only use it as a last resort." He moves methodically, but quickly as he goes about his work. "The tea will put you to sleep, so please get comfortable and lay back on the recliners." There is a few minutes yet before the tea will be ready, during which Argoth simply studies the three of you, and there is some time to ask any questions or raise concerns if there are any.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn swallows, but puts on a brave face in front of the others. He sits on the edge of one of the recliners and tries to force his body to relax, talking nervously. "Well that's a fine business practice. Selling addiction and then charging even more for the cure. Bit rough don't you think?"

    He leans back a little. "Is there anything we can do to help mitigate the addictive properties?"

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Farmer Joe ignores the offer of tea and just eyes the guards angrily. "You think we can kill them eh?" Joe asks some unseen companion the question openly, not bothering to conceal the statement from the sailors. After a few seconds pause he seems to reply "I don't think that they deserve it, the but the bastards did help enslave us." He eyes the sailors hungrily. Then Farmer Joe looks puzzled and surprised for a second, "How do you mean you can help fight?" A moment later Joe goes silent, he no longer eyes the guards but stares into the shadows.
    Last edited by brandnewb; 2018-06-15 at 02:41 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    "Business is business," Mister Colville replies, "It's considered a premium service, above and beyond our usual. And we're honest and upfront about it, so people know what they are paying for. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do for you pre-emptively."

    When Joe starts talking to himself, everyone turns and looks at him. Mister Colville says sharply, "There will be no bloodshed here." Argoth looks at Joe intently, apparently concentrating.

    Spoiler: OOC Joe
    Show
    Joe must roll a DC 17 Will save or have his thoughts read. Also, Joe does not have his scythe. Caelus said it would be too conspicuous, so he had you leave it on the ship, and he gave you a short sword instead so you would blend in with his men better. And then Mr. Colville had you leave all your weapons in the reception area before you came in to see the madame.
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2018-06-18 at 04:12 PM.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Sorry forgot about the sythe being gone.

    With the phantom in his mind Joe gets an extra +4 to will saves. I will include that in this roll. (1d20+8)[20]

    I honestly don't know if she could hear what the phantom is saying in his mind. You can decide, I think it makes sense that she could hear it as a separate being. The phantom is basically a being composed primarily of anger. So the Spiritualists needs to keep it in check. I have been intentionally making it not clear who is keeping which in check.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Joe eyes the woman suspiciously when he feels a strange presence attempting to prob his mind. Thankfully with the help of his phantom he is able to repulse the prob. "Thanks." Joe comments to his unseen friend.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Colville may be able to tell that he resisted with the assistance of a second being? Would be cooler for role play. :-) Joe would not have been able to pass that save without the buff from the phantom in his mind.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Jeri also sits, and drinks. "Sorry for all the drama earlier. A spot of tea does sound good. It's a bit early in the day for sleeping, though, isn't it?"

    "Anyhow," she adds, tapping her temple, "There's not much up there, but you're welcome to take a look around. The captain would want you to disregard anything you might see about us being prisoners on his ship, though, so maybe don't let on if you notice that."

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Mister Colville finishes preparing the tea, keeping a suspicious eye on Joe, as do Madame Argoth and Caelus' men. "Nothing to worry about," Colville replies to Jeri, "I had it under control." The man walks around with a tray and serves a cup of tea to each of you. "Now, in order to discern the meaning of your dreams, it is imperative open your mind to Madame Argoth while you sleep." He looks sharply at Joe. "Please, drink, all of you. Hold back nothing." He waits for everyone to drink their tea.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn takes a deep breath, closes his eyes, and downs the tea in a few quick gulps. He leans back in his chair and concentrates on opening his mind to the oneiromancer.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Jeri also drinks the tea. "Hmm, could use a bit of honey, to be honest."

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Farmer Joe accepts the tea without a word. He waits until the others have taken drinks from their's then takes a sip of his own a few seconds after. "Have any biscuits? Pretty expensive if all we get is tea." his sudden shift from mumbling crazy to light joke is somewhat strange.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    The tea has an unusual smell to it. Kind of a citrus scent, but with undertones of manure. Once you get past the smell and begin sipping, you find the taste is actually quite pleasant, though there is a bitter after-bite to it, much akin to strong spirits. Mister Colville fetches some biscuits to help with drinking the tea in response to Jeri and Joe's comments. Soon, you begin to feel light headed and lose focus on the waking world, before blacking out entirely. There is a short transitional moment where you feel lost and unstable, bizarre patterns of color fill your mind's eye, and then the sensation of falling. This sensation ends abruptly, and you begin to see by a queer shifting light, unlike any light you've seen before. You feel the mental presence of Madame Argoth pushing on your consciousness, attempting to get into your mind and view your dreamscape. You vaguely recognize your surroundings as Zarga, but the colors and angles are all somehow wrong, and you are alone in the main street. Ahead, you see a large black ship docked at port. It looks more like a floating fortress than a boat. Behind, you spot a spider the size of a small child with bright blue and yellow stripes along its abdomen scuttling toward you.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You have entered the Dimension of Dreams in your lucid bodies for the first time. Each of you experiences this alone, so following posts will be in private spoiler tags. Eventually you will be able to enter the dream plane together. I will have you roll your saves against the addiction at the conclusion of the dream.

    First of all, Madame Argoth is attempting to monitor your dreams, so you may willingly let her do so if you wish, or you will have to attempt a will save against her.

    Secondly, you must roll a DC 15 Charisma check upon arrival in the Dimension of Dreams or else be lacking in some critical equipment or have something bad happen, which I will determine randomly if you fail. You each have the Lucid Dreamer feat as a bonus, granted to you during your last dream. This gives you a +4 to your charisma check for this purpose.

    Finally, you may also attempt impossible feats and are subject to Wild Magic as per the rules for the Dimension of Dreams (Also linked in the OOC thread). The Lucid Dreamer feat also grants you +2 on your checks with regard to Wild Magic.
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2018-06-21 at 07:30 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Farmer Joe looks around in confusion at his surroundings. Then he spots the spider and is astonished. He immediately looks about his person to see if he is in possession of any weapons. If he does not have one he will flee from the spider.

    And he will not resist her looking into his dreams.


    Char Chech (1d20+3)[14]

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: Traits in case they help
    Show
    Grief-Filled: You gain a +2 trait bonus on all saving throws against emotion spells and effects.

    Unhinged Mentality: This madness gives you a +2 trait bonus on saves against confusion, insanity, and fear effects.

    Don't know if this is any of the effects listed.
    Last edited by brandnewb; 2018-06-23 at 07:50 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn begins to carefully back away from the spider, but he can't help but feel the smallest bit of curiosity at the sight of such an unusual creature in such an unusual place.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    CHA check: (1d20+4)[10]

    Not hiding anything from Argoth.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Cha check: (1d20+4)[10]


    Jeri lets out a little "Eek!" when she sees the spider, and sets out at a brisk walk towards the docks.
    Last edited by Archemist; 2018-06-24 at 10:05 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: Joe
    Show
    Joe finds himself without his scythe and no way to defend himself against the spider. He moves down toward the harbour and the black ship. As he does so, the spider follows, not chasing, but definitely following. A figure begins to materialize in the street ahead of him, like a mirage. The details become clearer and reveal a turban-headed person with tattered black robes obscuring their whole body and face. The person stands calmly still and looks to be expecting Joe.


    Spoiler: Quinn
    Show
    As Quinn backs up, he finds himself barefoot, missing his leather boots. Luckily he is on a cobblestone street, but if he goes anywhere without a smooth surface it will be difficult going. He backs away from the spider and towards the harbour and the black ship. As he does so, the spider follows, not chasing, but definitely following. A figure begins to materialize in the street ahead of him, like a mirage. The details become clearer and reveal a turban-headed person with tattered black robes obscuring their whole body and face. The person stands calmly still and looks to be expecting Quinn.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Any terrain other than smooth ground will count as difficult terrain unless Quinn can find or fashion appropriate footwear


    Spoiler: Jeri
    Show
    Jeri walks towards the docks and realizes that something is coming up between the cobblestones. As she moves down toward the harbour and the black ship, twisting brambles sprout up rapidly, grasping for her feet, and growing thicker and taller, hampering her movement and threatening to stop her altogether. She also notices a figure up ahead, materializing on the street like a mirage. The details become clearer and reveal a turban-headed person with tattered black robes obscuring their whole body and face. The strangely dressed person approaches Jeri and extends a clawed hand as though offering assistance. The spider moves toward Jeri as she struggles through the brambles.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Jeri can attempt a DC 12 Reflex save or else take 1 damage from the brambles and become entangled. Even on a success, continuing forward is difficult terrain.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryk View Post
    Spoiler: Jeri
    Show
    Jeri walks towards the docks and realizes that something is coming up between the cobblestones. As she moves down toward the harbour and the black ship, twisting brambles sprout up rapidly, grasping for her feet, and growing thicker and taller, hampering her movement and threatening to stop her altogether. She also notices a figure up ahead, materializing on the street like a mirage. The details become clearer and reveal a turban-headed person with tattered black robes obscuring their whole body and face. The strangely dressed person approaches Jeri and extends a clawed hand as though offering assistance. The spider moves toward Jeri as she struggles through the brambles.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Jeri can attempt a DC 12 Reflex save or else take 1 damage from the brambles and become entangled. Even on a success, continuing forward is difficult terrain.
    Spoiler: Reflex
    Show
    (1d20+4)[24]


    Jeri stops her brisk walk as the plants become a hazard. She says warily to the figure, "Help! Uh, sir(?) - I'm not quite sure what I'm doing here and there's a huge spider coming this way." She points and dares a look back, then continues nervously: "Uh, well, is there somewhere we can go? Introductions later?"

    As she talks, she lifts her feet in an alternating fashion to keep from getting grabbed by the weeds, looking a bit like she's doing the have-to-use-the-restroom dance.
    Last edited by Archemist; 2018-06-27 at 04:52 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Joe walks around the stranger, and puts him between Joe and the spider. He then stops moving away from the spider and watches the two figures for a few moments.

    "Hello." he says simply.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    A strange, unpleasant feeling washes over Quinn. His steps are plodding and slow, and he feels somehow clumsier. It's as though much of the strength he had gained in the few days since the dream had abandoned him. He looks down in surprise at his bare feet. It felt almost as though the dream world had taken more than just his boots.

    He continues on, keeping an eye out for a spare bit of cloth with which he might wrap his feet and trying to ignore the spider. When he spots the person in the turban he stops. "Who are you? What is this place?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So with Quinn's boots gone (in addition to his cloak from earlier) he has now lost his remaining three mental focus points and can no longer cast spells from the transmutation school. He will have also lost the resonant power from his boots, which means his DEX drops by 2 points to 14.

    You've gotta stop taking all Quinn's clothes away Aeryk! He's nothing without his fancy threads!

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: Joe
    Show
    As Joe walks around the robed person he notices that the spider stops following. The person pays no heed to the spider and replies to Joe, "Come with me Josephat Thompson." The voice is strange and follows an unusual cadence as though the shape of its mouth isn't made for speaking in the common tongue, and it is impossible to determine its sex based on voice. The person begins to walk away from Joe toward the black ship. The spider chitters, waiting for the the person to move away, then it begins to close the distance with Joe.


    Spoiler: Quinn
    Show
    The person pays ignores Quinn's questions and replies, "Come with me Quinnovar Elrael." The voice is strange and follows an unusual cadence as though the shape of its mouth isn't made for speaking in the common tongue, and it is impossible to determine its sex based on voice. The person begins to walk away from Quinn toward the black ship. The spider chitters, waiting for the the person to move away, then it begins to close the distance with Quinn.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Agh! Sorry, not doing it on purpose, it was just random!!! Poor Quinn


    Spoiler: Jeri
    Show
    Jeri manages to avoid the grasping brambles as she flees the spider, but the person seems unconcerned by it. Indeed, the spider stops a good distance away, refusing to come too close to the person. The brambles suddenly stop growing and moving, and Jeri is free to move normally. The person replies to Jeri, "Come with me Geraldine LeTerre." The voice is strange and follows an unusual cadence as though the shape of its mouth isn't made for speaking in the common tongue, and it is impossible to determine its sex based on voice. The person begins to walk away from Jeri toward the black ship. The spider chitters, waiting for the the person to move away, then it begins to close the distance with Jeri.
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2018-06-28 at 06:53 AM.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryk View Post
    Spoiler: Jeri
    Show
    Jeri manages to avoid the grasping brambles as she flees the spider, but the person seems unconcerned by it. Indeed, the spider stops a good distance away, refusing to come too close to the person. The brambles suddenly stop growing and moving, and Jeri is free to move normally. The person replies to Jeri, "Come with me Geraldine LeTerre." The voice is strange and follows an unusual cadence as though the shape of its mouth isn't made for speaking in the common tongue, and it is impossible to determine its sex based on voice. The person begins to walk away from Jeri toward the black ship. The spider chitters, waiting for the the person to move away, then it begins to close the distance with Jeri.
    Jeri hurries after the person. "Um, thanks, uh, where are we? I mean, this is a dream, right, but not like JUST a dream, right?" She steals a nervous glance back, but walks along beside the terse figure.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Joe makes no reply. He adjusts the hood of his cloak so it better conseals his faces then follows behind the strange figure.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn follows along after the figure. "But who are you? How do you know my name?"

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: Jeri
    Show
    "This is the Dimension of Dreams," the figure responds simply and continues walking. The spider maintains some distance, but continues to follow. It is not long before you arrive at the black ship. The ship appears to be made almost entirely of metal, and does not have sails or oars. The water around the ship looks black and oily as well. The figure boards the ship and stands waiting for you to follow, but you have a strange sense of foreboding.


    Spoiler: Joe
    Show
    [COLOR="#00FF00"]Joe follows along behind the figure; the spider maintains some distance, but also continues to follow. It is not long before you arrive at the black ship. The ship appears to be made almost entirely of metal, and does not have sails or oars. The water around the ship looks black and oily as well. The figure boards the ship and stands waiting for you to follow, but you have a strange sense of foreboding.


    Spoiler: Quinn
    Show
    "Who I am is of no importance. My master told me your name," the figure responds simply and continues walking. The spider maintains some distance, but continues to follow. It is not long before you arrive at the black ship. The ship appears to be made almost entirely of metal, and does not have sails or oars. The water around the ship looks black and oily as well. The figure boards the ship and stands waiting for you to follow, but you have a strange sense of foreboding.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryk View Post
    Spoiler: Jeri
    Show
    "This is the Dimension of Dreams," the figure responds simply and continues walking. The spider maintains some distance, but continues to follow. It is not long before you arrive at the black ship. The ship appears to be made almost entirely of metal, and does not have sails or oars. The water around the ship looks black and oily as well. The figure boards the ship and stands waiting for you to follow, but you have a strange sense of foreboding.
    Jeri reflects on her sense of foreboding. Sometimes a little fear tells one wise things, sometimes not. "Dreams, like, dream dreams? I've had some pretty strange ones, but never had one just plain announce it to me. This feels like a real place." She focuses on the ground beneath her feet, gives it a stomp for good measure.

    "Will that dirt hurt if I trip and fall, or will I just wake? Or do I get to tell it what to do instead?" She moves her arms and swishes her tail, pantomiming stirring up some dust.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    She's attempting a Gather Power, but I understand if this works a bit differently in the dream than it would in "real life."

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn swallows, forcing himself to be brave. He lifts his chin and follow the figure. "And who is your master? Is he the one in the yellow robes? What did he do to me?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •