The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 312
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: Quinn
    Show
    Neebo looks a little flummoxed, but stays gracious, "Very well, hope to be seeing you again soon."


    Quinn exits the store to see Joe rocking himself at the end of the alley across the street, and Caelus looking rather sour near him. The latter perks up once he notices Quinn exit the shop, and motions for the group to follow him back to the alehouse up the street.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn can't help but grin to himself, despite everything, keeping his back to the shop so Neebo can't see his expression. He balls his hands into fists to stop them shaking with adrenaline. I did it! I can't believe I actually did it!

    He follows Caelus to the alehouse, and joins the group at their table. "He has an eyepatch. He didn't want to, but I convinced him to tell me where he got it, and he mentioned that he fenced it for a halfling cleric. I think this is the one. We can buy it for 1000gp, or if we still want to...take it... I think he's going to hold off on selling it until I come back."

    "We'll have to move fast though. He knows it's worth something now, and he won't wait forever."

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    “Alright, good. Well, I’m certainly not paying for it, so let’s come back after dark and you lot can sneak in there with your little voodoo tricks.”

    Caelus suddenly looks back, a puzzled expression on his face. As you turn to see what he is looking back at, you notice that Jeri hasn’t moved from where she had been standing upon arriving at Neebo’s shop. Her eyes look unfocused, and she seems confused, but most noticeably, a strange marking on her forehead begins to glow. She begins to babble incoherently.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn's face drops, his little thrill of victory gone in an instant. He moves toward her, concern plain on his face. He puts a hand on her shoulder and looks into her eyes. "...Jeri?"

    He glances back at Caelus, voice right with worry. "What's wrong with her?"

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Caelus suddenly looks very concerned, "I don't know, but it can't be anything good. We should get her back to the ship as soon as possible."

    Once Quinn puts his hand on Jeri, she stops babbling and seems to regain her senses. She meets Quinn's eyes briefly, and she looks terrified. However, her expression goes blank, her eyes cloud over again and she goes stock still, seemingly catatonic.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    "What about Madame Argoth? Would she know what this is?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    What does the glowing marking look like? Any particular knowledge checks that would help?

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    "I suppose she might... Fine, let's take her there." Caelus doesn't seem to relish the thought of returning to Madame Argoth's place, but it does seem like the best option at the moment. "We're going to have to guide her or carry her though. You two, each take a side," he points at Quinn and Joe, "I'll take point, my men will take the rear, let's go." Jeri stands still through this, staring blankly in front of herself.

    Spoiler: Mark & Knowledge Checks
    Show


    The following Knowledge checks may tell you more about the symbol;
    -Arcana
    -Religion
    -Planes
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn gently takes her arm and begins to lead her through the streets, following Caelus. The symbol seemed somehow familiar. As he walks he tries to remember where he had seen it before.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Knowledge Planes: (1d20+8)[17]

    And just in case...
    Knowledge History: (1d20+8)[17]

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Joe stands obediently and walks over to help guide the derelict body off the street. Joe continues to mumble to himself while doing so.

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: Quinn
    Show
    Quinn recalls that this is the sign of the Yellow King, who inscribed it on each of you in your dreams. It is not normally visible, but tends to show when a creature is being affected by magic from the Dream Plane.


    The group makes their way back toward Madame Argoth's place. As they turn the last corner to the alley where her shop is located, they are met by a tall strange looking man with a turban on his head and a scarf on his face. Joe and Quinn recognize it as the figure from their tea-induced dream the night before. Caelus seems to recognize him as well.

    "I am here to claim them," the man says to Caelus, pointing a clawed finger towards Quinn, Jeri, and Joe. "If you surrender them willingly, I will pay you. If not, I will slay you."

    Spoiler: Intimidate vs Caelus
    Show
    The stranger is making a DC 15 Intimidate check against Caelus, which will determine his response. [roll0]
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2019-05-21 at 11:47 AM.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Caelus puts his hands up in surrender, "Of course, they are yours. No need to hurt anyone." He gives Quinn and Jeri Joe a meaningful look, then makes sure his own men are standing down.
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2019-05-23 at 09:56 AM.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryk View Post
    Caelus puts his hands up in surrender, "Of course, they are yours. No need to hurt anyone." He gives Quinn and Jeri a meaningful look, then makes sure his own men are standing down.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not sure if Jeri knows what happened or can act, but if she can, she tries to figure out what the meaningful look meant.

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn pipes up. "Who are you? What do you want with us?"

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    The cloaked figure replies, "Who I am is of no concern; only the one whom I serve. Come peacefully and I need not hurt anyone."

    Spoiler: Jeri
    Show
    Jeri can attempt a DC 15 Will save to recover her wits.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Everyone may do a Sense Motive check to determine the meaning of Caelus' look, including Jeri if she recovers.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn glances over at Caelus, trying to read the man's intentions, although his mind still feels sluggish after Argoth's addictive tea.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20-1)[16]

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Joe is presenting a deadpan stare to the abyss in front of him. He seems indifferent to the world until he recognizes the figure, then he begins to think carefully attempting to sort his insane imaginings from reality.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Is this the guy he swore loyalty too? Or a servant of him. Does Joe realize him as such?

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: Quinn
    Show
    Quinn reads Caelus' look as meaning for them to 'play along'.


    Spoiler: Joe
    Show
    This is a servant of the Yellow King. Joe would recognize this person as the strange man from his dream, who brought him to the Yellow King, whom Joe swore to serve.


    Spoiler: Jeri
    Show
    Whenever you get the chance Archy, you can roll a Will save to attempt to recover. Until then I'll just keep the game going.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: Will
    Show
    Jeri goes for the will save: (1d20-1)[10] (wis damage from the tea is killing me lol)


    Jeri gives a low grunt but doesn't make any other sign of life just yet.
    Last edited by Archemist; 2019-05-27 at 01:42 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn looks back to the man. "Where will you take us? Who do you serve? We were taking my friend to get assistance."

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    "Your friend will receive the assistance she requires. I serve the High-Priest-Not-to-be-Described, whom you also serve, and I will take you to him now. Willingly or not."
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Joe becomes visibly more composed when he realizes who this is. He walks over to join the strange figure. "We will come, lead us to the High-Priest. When we meet him, do his servants normally bow?"

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quinn glances from Caelus to the newcomer, then to Jeri. "Alright. If you can help her, we will come."

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Seemingly having the cooperation of everyone involved, the strange man proffers a clawed hand filled with rubies to Caelus, who eagerly accepts. Caelus tucks the rubies into a pocket, signals his men to follow him, then gives Quinn a wink before departing the alley.

    The stranger regards Joe and says, "You may bow when you meet the High Priest. But you may not speak unless spoken to. Now, make your way to the docks, and I will follow. We must take a vessel to traverse into Leng before making our way to Carcosa. The journey is long and treacherous, so it is important to do as I say. Go."
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    At this point Quinn is honestly willing to cooperate with the strange man. He has zero allegiance to Caelus - for all his charm, the dude still captured and is holding us as slaves. Strange man doesn't seem like a great alternative at this stage, but if he works for the Yellow King, and the Yellow King promised to help Quinn find his wife, then Quinn is on board with doing what he's told.


    Quinn turns to the man. "A few things: the King promised me he would reunite me with my wife. When will that happen? How are you going to get this done?

    "Second, they gave us some tea in order to visit whatever dream world that was. It's addictive and it's already dulled my senses. It may be what's hurting Jeri as well. Can you cure us?

    "Third, I doubt the Captain is going to give us up so easily. I suggest you prepare for him and his men to return."

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    The stranger answers Quinn, "I will do nothing. How the High Priest will accomplish his goals is not for me to know. Nor do I have any way to cure you. As for this Captain, if he is such a fool, I will deal with him if I must."

    They follow the winding streets of Zarga until they arrive at the docks, where they find Caelus hurriedly organizing his men into ranks, barricading the way to a strange black ship which is also in port. The crowds make a space for them and begin to gawk, wondering what is afoot. The stranger ushers you into the clearing to face down Caelus. The Captain barks some more orders at his men, then turns and notices the stranger. He draws his rapier to point it at the stranger, and shouts out in an accusing tone. "You there! I demand you return my captives!" He turns and appeals to the growing crowd, "This man has coerced me into giving up my rightful claim to these slaves, on threat of death! These strangers have been coming to this port and buying up our people with no explanation! I have even seen children sold by their parents for a few rubies, only to squander them on ale and whoring! Yes, some of you may have profited by this in the short term, but flooding our market with this false wealth will be the downfall of Zarga and her people. These strangers from faraway lands will make us their slaves in this way! Will you stand by and allow this to go on? Join me, and cast them out!"

    There are a few cheers in the crowd, but most of them wait with baited breath to see how the stranger will respond. Indeed, it seems as though he will not speak at all as he simply stares at Caelus for several pent moments, when finally he draws something from beneath his billowing cloak from around his neck. "I am not your enemy," the stranger begins, speaking to the crowd, but with eyes only for Caelus. "All of you have heard the rumours of the events that transpired in Illya, and the madness which ensued in their wake. Many of you have even been plagued with visions yourself, not knowing whether you are waking or sleeping. I come to claim those of you who suffer this fate, and to heal you. Even now, there are those here whom I have healed, and returned to something resembling a normal life." He begins to lift the object aloft with both hands, "Behold, the key to your awakening!" He shouts this last bit loudly and holds a black disk high in the air. Inscribed in brilliant gold on both sides is the symbol of the Yellow King. Most of the crowd remains still and quiet, but presently someone from the crowd wails loudly, alarming everyone. Another person beings to scream, and the crowd begins to murmur, then a scuffle breaks out from elsewhere as someone begins stabbing people at random. The crowd breaks into pandemonium, but the stranger continues to hold the Yellow Sign aloft, and shouts above the din, "FOLLOWERS OF THE HIGH PRIEST NOT-TO-BE-DESCRIBED, TO ME!" About a dozen people walk out of the crowd, seemingly at random, a manic resolve painted on their faces. A small girl, an old man, a few teenagers, grown men and women alike are among them.

    Caelus and his men watch this spectacle unfold, and are simply bewildered. Once the motley assortment gathers to the dark stranger, Caelus finally gathers his wits, and issues orders to his men. "Kill him! Don't let his followers stand in your way, cut them down if you must, but do not harm the prisoners!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    As the Yellow Sign is held up, you feel your mind pulling in several directions at once. All of you are Shaken and must succeed on a DC 15 Will save or be Confused for 1d4 rounds.

    This event will supersede the condition afflicting Jeri at the moment.

    Everyone can also roll initiative at this time.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryk View Post
    Caelus and his men watch this spectacle unfold, and are simply bewildered. Once the motley assortment gathers to the dark stranger, Caelus finally gathers his wits, and issues orders to his men. "Kill him! Don't let his followers stand in your way, cut them down if you must, but do not harm the prisoners!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    As the Yellow Sign is held up, you feel your mind pulling in several directions at once. All of you are Shaken and must succeed on a DC 15 Will save or be Confused for 1d4 rounds.

    This event will supersede the condition afflicting Jeri at the moment.

    Everyone can also roll initiative at this time.
    Jeri watches all this without much option to object, and thinks the world truly must be going mad, indeed.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[13]
    Will: (1d20-1)[11] vs 15 for (1d4)[1] rounds of shaken and maybe confusion.

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Spoiler: ooc rolls
    Show
    To determine how responds I am going to roll my save first.

    He has unhinged mentality which gives him a +2 against confuision, insanity and fear. He is already crazy, only up from here.

    Grief stricken gives him +2 against emotion effects, don't know if that applies so I have not included it in my roll below.

    Shared consciousness gives him a +4 against mind effects whem the phantom is in his mind. Which is currently true. Only room for one crazy voice in Joe's head.

    (1d20+10)[20]

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Joe is shaken before what he regards as the awsome power of his new lord. When the servants of the high priest are called forth he does not hesitate to respond. With an shout Joe brandishes his sap and runs forward to the call to ralley. He joins the motley assembly. "I am with you."

    Joe will cast mage armour on himself.

    Farmer Joe human Spiritualist HP 13 / 13 Speed ft Init 0 AC 14 Fort 5 Ref 0 Will 4 CMB +3 BAB 0 scythe 3 (2d4+3, 4)
    scythe power not available 2 (2d4+6, 4)
    longsword -1 (1d8+3, )
    sap power 3 (1d6+3, 2) Str 16 (3) Dex 10 (0) Con 14 (2) Wis 12 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 8 (-1)

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Aeryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    Caelus' men react quickly to their captain's orders, and promptly charge the civilians who have answered the stranger's call. One is thrust straight through the gut, and dies on the spot; another stands in a daze watching the blood flow out of a gaping slash across the chest. Several others take significant wounds, but about half of them remain unscathed.

    Caelus himself makes his way to the stranger (who still holds the disk high), stabbing straight into his heart... but the stranger doesn't react as expected. The wound obviously hurts, because he shouts and clutches it in pain, but it is not as grave a wound as would be expected.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    One civilian is critted and dies immediately. Another is disabled at 0hp. Caelus crits the stranger... but actually doesn't, due to its Strange Anatomy. Nonetheless, the Stranger takes 11 damage.

    It is now Quinn and Jeri's action, followed by the Stranger and his followers.

    However Jeri is confused and shaken. She attacks herself at -2 and deals dagger damage to herself on a hit. I'll let you roll and RP that as you like.

    Quinn gets to act normally for this round, but is also shaken.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire



    Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire




    Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Waking Nightmares (IC)

    "AAaagh! Just stop!" Jeri draws a dagger from her sock and brandishes it around, surprising everyone by finally moving. Melodramatically, and confused over who to start stabbing, she raises the dagger to the sky and plunges it towards her own chest.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20)[11] if an attack is needed (seemed like it might not be from the OOC thread result) for (1d8-1)[7] damage.


    Jeri collapses to the floor for the moment, still wobbly. "Leave me be!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •