New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The Hope Institute IC

Clary felt reassured when the teacher stopped the students from laughing at her. Then, he launched into a full lecture. This was something Clary was good at. She had her notebook out and was furiously scribbling notes, taking down everything she could in her tight, tiny handwriting. Some people complained about her notes, but she didn't mind. She was the one that needed them, not them.

Her face paled, however, when they were told to split into teams of two. She looked hopefully at Lynn and Jessie, then slowly scanned the classroom for any other students that might be willing to join her in her complete and utter lack of knowledge in using a smartphone. She avoided looking at Rachel all together.
    Avatar created by Honest Tiefling!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Jessie naturally knew it all, more or less. But the teacher highlighted facts she didn't considered that much.
    Also it was almost an anthropoligical exprience, to listen to teacher rant so much about social medias.
    She even took notes about memes, and quoted some sentences she found cool.

"Are you ok Clary? Want me to show you how to use the phone?" She said with a friendly smile.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Clary turned to Jessie with the biggest smile she'd had in awhile.

"I'm okay. And yes! Absolutely yes! I was hoping you or Lynn would be willing to team up with me. I don't really know anyone else..."

Clary glanced over at Rachel.

"And the other people I do know don't seem to like me very much...."
    Last edited by WarforgedTank; 2018-06-13 at 12:12 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    [B]"Their is a old saying I love: "The higher the monkey climb, the more we see it's tail." It mean that the higher profile you have, the more your flaws are exposed and for everyone to see."
    Lynn wanted to ask how having a tail could ever be considered a flaw, clearly they were just jealous, but she bit her tongue and simply listened to the lecture. She didn't really use social media, preferring to interact face to face, but perhaps this info could be useful later down the line.

When asked to split into teams of two, she initially glanced at Jessie, but she'd already paired with Clary, so that wouldn't work unless there was an odd number of people and they needed to form a group of three. So instead, she glanced over at Rachel, the only other person here she'd met.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Lynn realize that Rachel already have found a partner. Its the rich guy from before with Amber eyes. She seem to have a good sense of humour though, you hear three people next to her laughing at her joke.

Someone else approach Lynn. It's the salamander girl from yesterday: " Hello, Im Lizzie Sanders. Nice to meet you! Say, do you mind if we team up? "

=========

You all start to learn how the phone is being used to his full capacity. The professor explaion what each apps does and he finish by remembering that the class assignement will be over only once everybody have the contact infos of every other classmates. If it's not done by the end of the class, he say he will have to give double homeworks for those who decided to be "forgetful".

Everyone does so eventually and when Rachel comes to Clary for it, shes neutral. She dont seem to especially like Clary or not. She seem to just talking to a stranger for a info in the streets. But for others, she smile and joke around if confortable, smile at the very least for others then Clary.

Soon, you are all left to your own device and allowed to chat it up. The teacher warn them then in his next class, they are going to choose the class president so if they want to prepare a speech, they better do it before then.

(You are free to chat with other students or I'll skip to meal and afternoon classes. You can decide to chat in the cafetria too during meal time)
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-06-14 at 04:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Jessie making sure Clary is ok, and trying to chat Alex. She liked his style..
    Keeping it casual, unless he show a bit of intrest as well

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Lynn realize that Rachel already have found a partner. Its the rich guy from before with Amber eyes. She seem to have a good sense of humour though, you hear three people next to her laughing at her joke.

Someone else approach Lynn. It's the salamander girl from yesterday: " Hello, Im Lizzie Sanders. Nice to meet you! Say, do you mind if we team up? "
    Lynn's ears perked up as the salamander girl approached her. "Sure!" she replied. "I'm Lynn."

As they talked while learning about their phones, she said offhandedly, "I really don't get the expression the teacher used. I mean, how is having a tail a flaw?" She twitched her own tail for emphasis.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Lizzie laugh at Lynn question: " Its a reference to the Monkey King. The character could disguise himself like any humans but he couldn't hide its tail. The tail showing was a flaw to his disguise. You shouldn't take it personnaly. Are you insecure about your looks, " she ask, tilting her head and asking innocently.

======

Alex is equally distant from everyone but accept to chat when talked to him first. Seem like he like death metal, dogs and basketball. When Jessie talk to him, he is not judging her or showing more interest then he does for anyone else. Maybe he is in fact timid or just socially akward? He is hard to figure out.

Alex in fact ask the same questiosn to everybody: their hobbies, what they likes and finally, if they are going to apply for the class president job.

(feel free to say to him more stuff about yourself)

======

Clary get... strangely less approched then the others. They ask for their number but they seem tense being next to her. The rich guy from before act normal though but he warn her: " Rachel being warning people you strong feelings about being touched. She told everyone her side of the story of what happened yesterday. I think she strangely did so out of caring but... don't worry. They just need to know you long enough and they will come around. "

(Tell me when ready to skip to the afternoon)
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-06-18 at 04:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizzie laugh at Lynn question: " Its a reference to the Monkey King. The character could disguise himself like any humans but he couldn't hide its tail. The tail showing was a flaw to his disguise. You shouldn't take it personnaly. Are you insecure about your looks, " she ask, tilting her head and asking innocently.

======

Alex is equally distant from everyone but accept to chat when talked to him first. Seem like he like death metal, dogs and basketball. When Jessie talk to him, he is not judging her or showing more interest then he does for anyone else. Maybe he is in fact timid or just socially akward? He is hard to figure out.

Alex in fact ask the same questiosn to everybody: their hobbies, what they likes and finally, if they are going to apply for the class president job.

(feel free to say to him more stuff about yourself)

======

Clary get... strangely less approched then the others. They ask for their number but they seem tense being next to her. The rich guy from before act normal though but he warn her: " Rachel being warning people you strong feelings about being touched. She told everyone her side of the story of what happened yesterday. I think she strangely did so out of caring but... don't worry. They just need to know you long enough and they will come around. "

(Tell me when ready to skip to the afternoon)
    Clary frowned. She could understand Rachel's reaction.

"Oh. Okay. Thanks for the heads up."

Clary wiped a tear out of her eye, then decided to just stare out of the window until her next class started.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

"Eh ... not really?" Lynn thought, tilting her head in turn. "Maybe? My grandmother always told me stories about the early days of quirk users, when they were prosecuted out of fear, but I never really felt afraid or embarrassed about it. There was a phase when I was younger where I wanted to be human, just like everyone else, but doesn't everyone go through a phase like that? That's really interesting though, I never read The Monkey King."

Alex is equally distant from everyone but accept to chat when talked to him first. Seem like he like death metal, dogs and basketball. When Jessie talk to him, he is not judging her or showing more interest then he does for anyone else. Maybe he is in fact timid or just socially awkward? He is hard to figure out.

Alex in fact ask the same questions to everybody: their hobbies, what they likes and finally, if they are going to apply for the class president job.
    When Alex approached, her answers were thus: her hobbies were board games (especially the classics, like Goh and Shogi). She wasn't quite sure what she meant by what does she "like", but eventually she told him she liked cake, pastries, and anime. When he mentioned that he liked death metal, her ears perked up.

"Oh? I'm more of a power metal fan, myself." This might come as a surprise, as she did not seem like the kind of person to like heavy metal. And to answer his final question, yes, she was going to run for class president. "My family has a long, proud tradition of leadership and helping others, I see no reason I should break with such a tradition."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Jessie avoid speaking about her family. But listing strange list of movies she favor, preffering a korean anime, and alternate music.
    She dream of getting on national level.

And of course she is going to apply as president!

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rachel rise to a desk: " Follow me people! I'm going to be best support hero in America and with me around, you wont have to worry about being listened by the teachers! Im going to stand tall and proud and- "

The deck below her lost balance, fall over and she fall. She land on her feet with a backflip though like a badass. Some students are laughing and clapping while the teacher is yelling: " Behave people! You should know better. "

Rachel look a bit embarassed but smile like a goofball: " Sorry teach! I can carry my own weight but didnt expect my desk to not be able to, hahaha! Alright class, you heard the teacher, let's calm down. Hey how about we discuss about who is the best heroes? And don't think too mainstream, Im talking about personnal favorite! Me its my dad, owner of the Seawall agency on the West Coast! "

The group talk about heroes of different missions and standing until its the end. Rachel actually seem to become popular... YOu'll need to show off what you are made off in the afternoon!

=========

After a good meal made by a support hero called " Aldente ", you go in your locker where you gym equipement s waiting and your phone guide you to the designated area outside.

Their is a new person you havent seeing before. She look like a harpy with wings instead of arms. she still have clawed hands though and she whistle VERY LOUDLY to attract your attention. She seem excited as she eyes you all up:

" Form a line! Im " Harpy", your physical education teacher. Welcome first years to the Hope Institute. Today, we are going to do a quirk assessement test... "

Its basicly like in the cartoon but she dont threaten to fire the last one... instead, she say she will give a bit of "homework" to the last one.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Lynn looked a bit nervous at the mention of a quirk assessment test. She turned to whisper to Jessie and Lizzie.

"How do you think they'll assess our quirks?" she asked. "Mine isn't very physical, despite appearances."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

When they talked about a hero to admire, Jessie stood up, and perked her ear adjusting her glasses with hipster-ish smug grin.

"Mine is Ms. Blob."
    Blob was a quetionable heroine with questionable methods. And also, not very attractive by any normal measure.

"Get behind me! Because I'll clear the front of the battle!"

____

She wishpered to Lynn. "From my exprience... they expect you to be creative. Beside- Harpy probably just want to know what is she working with."

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    When they talked about a hero to admire, Jessie stood up, and perked her ear adjusting her glasses with hipster-ish smug grin.

"Mine is Ms. Blob."
    Blob was a quetionable heroine with questionable methods. And also, not very attractive by any normal measure.

"Get behind me! Because I'll clear the front of the battle!"

____

She wishpered to Lynn. "From my exprience... they expect you to be creative. Beside- Harpy probably just want to know what is she working with."
    Clary had been standing behind Lynn and Jessie the whole time, half listening to their conversation. She was extremely nervous for perk evaluations. She was also the only student she could see who had brought her bag out with her. A couple of the students from class that had laughed at her were pointing and giggling. Clary looked at the two girls in front of her.

"That rich looking guy said Rachel has been telling people not to talk to me because I freaked out when she touched me...you guys don't think I'm someone to avoid right?"

These two were the ones who had been friendliest to her so far, so she had kind of attached herself to them as much as possible. Clary flexed her right hand, and stretched to shake off some of her nerves.
    Last edited by WarforgedTank; 2018-06-20 at 07:05 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarforgedTank View Post
    Clary had been standing behind Lynn and Jessie the whole time, half listening to their conversation. She was extremely nervous for perk evaluations. She was also the only student she could see who had brought her bag out with her. A couple of the students from class that had laughed at her were pointing and giggling. Clary looked at the two girls in front of her.

"That rich looking guy said Rachel has been telling people not to talk to me because I freaked out when she touched me...you guys don't think I'm someone to avoid right?"

These two were the ones who had been friendliest to her so far, so she had kind of attached herself to them as much as possible. Clary flexed her right hand, and stretched to shake off some of her nerves.
    If the teacher hadn't been there, then Lynn would have played a prank on the girls laughing at Clary by using her quirk to make them see a horrible demon. As it stood though, her hands were metaphorically tied. So she simply shook her head.

"I do not," she replied calmly. "I think she was trying to be kind, in her own way. Give you some space."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rachel actually get behind the two laughing girls, put a hand on both their shoulders... and they suddenly get sullen baby face! Even more, they seem to have become slithly chubby and their clotchs are close to rip off! They even fall on their big butts, off balance.

But she ALSO change! Althought she was always tall, she had tick arms legs before but that hid a lot of muscle. Now, her whole body was fuming in a white smoke. Behind that smoke, she walk a few steps and you see Rachel... with a muscular figure worthy of beint part of a muscular contest!

Laughing, Rachel say in a excited voice : " Sorry girls, I just needed to unload for a moment! Now watch me! "

She get the ball and throw it FAR! It reach 400 feets away!

She pump her muscles to show off, laugh and she goes back to the two girls, grab their arms toi forcefully put them up their feet... and shes back to plump self. The two girls may have return to their normal self but they look very angry at being mocked on.

Harpy whistle to attract attention: " Since you two girls love to laugh at others expense, run 3 laps around the field. That should give time for the others to do their throw first. Good throw miss Rachel, NEXT! "

(tell me in which competition you show off. I can name a few on Discord to give you inspiration if you want)
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-06-21 at 04:07 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Rachel actually get behind the two laughing girls, put a hand on both their shoulders... and they suddenly get sullen baby face! Even more, they seem to have become slithly chubby and their clotchs are close to rip off! They even fall on their big butts, off balance.

But she ALSO change! Althought she was always tall, she had tick arms legs before but that hid a lot of muscle. Now, her whole body was fuming in a white smoke. Behind that smoke, she walk a few steps and you see Rachel... with a muscular figure worthy of beint part of a muscular contest!

Laughing, Rachel say in a excited voice : " Sorry girls, I just needed to unload for a moment! Now watch me! "

She get the ball and throw it FAR! It reach 400 feets away!

She pump her muscles to show off, laugh and she goes back to the two girls, grab their arms toi forcefully put them up their feet... and shes back to plump self. The two girls may have return to their normal self but they look very angry at being mocked on.

Harpy whistle to attract attention: " Since you two girls love to laugh at others expense, run 3 laps around the field. That should give time for the others to do their throw first. Good throw miss Rachel, NEXT! "

(tell me in which competition you show off. I can name a few on Discord to give you inspiration if you want)
    Clary steps up next. She is very, VERY obviously nervous. She holds out her hand, and the flap of her satchel bag flies open as hundreds of pieces of paper fly out and who themselves around in the air until they form a baseball bat. Clary tosses the ball up in the air, and swings. CRACK! The ball soars through the air, landing a good 200-250 feet away. Clary jumps in the air in her excitement, forgetting the people around her.

"YAY! I did it!"

Clary then remembers where she is, and squeaks before moving back into the group of students.
    Last edited by WarforgedTank; 2018-06-21 at 04:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

There were numerous tests that Lynn did pretty decently on. For instance, the "ball carry" test -- a test to see how much weight a student could carry across the field. She had a bit of an advantage here, as she was constantly carrying her niece and nephews at home -- triplets, and they were old enough to be heavy. And while she couldn't beat, say, Rachel in an arm-wrestling contest, she was pretty strong. She fared equally well in the other physical tests: quite well for a normal person, but not as well as someone with super strength.

By the time of the ball test, however, she began to realize she hadn't used her quirk yet, and this was a quirk assessment test. But what could she do? She had an idea ... but she was worried if it qualified as cheating. Still, she was out of ideas. Taking a deep breath, she stepped up to the plate, a small blue flame appearing at the tip of her tail.

What those who see the flame, which should be everyone, see:

Lynn took a deep breath, drew back her arm, and let the ball fly. The ball flew forward at incredible speeds, landing far enough away that it could no longer be seen.

What actually happens:

Lynn did draw back her hand and pretended to throw the ball, but with everyone under her illusion, they didn't see that what she really did was keep a hold of the ball, putting it back in the bag at the end of her "throw". If anyone went to look for it, they wouldn't be able to find it once her illusion wore off, but even if she was revealed, at least she showed off her quirk.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-06-21 at 09:42 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Jessie actually exceled in this class in general. Even at worst, she was at least decent.
    She had proffesional trainings at the Lucky Feet agency.
    But she really shined on the jump test:
    Jessie bounced two steps, and then jumped forward- like an artileric brown cannon ball, she passed the whole sand box, and landed- Jessie discovered her glasses fell in the middle of the jump- no need to sweat it- her antlers grew and shifted like hardened vines and grabbed the glaess putting them back on her muzzle.

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Harpy is registering everybody results but suddenly, her phone make a weird sound. She look at it for a moment, frown, shake her head and call loudly: " Miss Lynn, come here! "

When she get close, she notice Harpy seem unpleased: " You got a nice quirk. It was a good little trick you pulled but next time, come to see me to warn me. I wont punish you this time but be mindful that soon, all teacher will know about your quirks. The limits and everything. A quirk like yours have to be used very responsabily. The school, and me, have high hope for you miss. That is all, you can go to the next activity. It's fine if you arent performing well, just do your best ok? "

She does a half smile at the end, seemingly wanting to encourage Lynn.

===========

Rachel does not do the same trick twice but she excell in a lot of those contest. Its surprisinging how shes good in physical activity despise her... general shape.

The teacher group you all in the end: " Well done everybody! i'll send you a personnal training schedule you will have to do in your spare time to keep in shape. You will have to go to the gym at least 3 times per week after classesd and your activities and progress will be followed here by me. Do not forget quirks are physical abilities. You need to remain in shape if you want to perform well. That is all. Their is still half a hour left for today but I'll let you go for now. "

You are now free to hang out. Rachel stretched and say: " Im going to hit the showers. Such a good sweat! "

She turn to everyone: " Does someone here can drive and have a car? How about we go all to the arcades after dinner? We wont have lots of time to hang out once the classes really start, might as well enjoy our free time as much, right? "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-06-28 at 09:10 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Clary wasn't really paying attention to much after the professor said they could go home early. Honestly she just sighed a big sigh of relief. But then she heard something that made her ears perk up. Arcades?! Ohhhh....she had to go. Clary walked up to Rachel, and stopped just in front of her.

"Hi Rachel...I know we kind of got off on the wrong foot because I freaked out, and I think I owe you an apology. If you're going to the arcades, can I come too? I'll even pay for your first game."

Clary put on her best smile, which was...well...awkward and unsettling coming from someone who didn't really smile a lot. But there was a sincerity in the way she said her apology, and she hoped she could just mend this thing with Rachel and be done with it.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Jessie was proud at her perfomance in the exams.
    This was important step to shine on international level!
    She updated her blog, that she has done great, with specific details,but added a gleaming selfie.

She nodded. "Sure! Your idea sound like fun!"

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Harpy is registering everybody results but suddenly, her phone make a weird sound. She look at it for a moment, frown, shake her head and call loudly: " Miss Lynn, come here! "

When she get close, she notice Harpy seem unpleased: "You got a nice quirk. It was a good little trick you pulled but next time, come to see me to warn me. I wont punish you this time but be mindful that soon, all teacher will know about your quirks. The limits and everything. A quirk like yours have to be used very responsabily. The school, and me, have high hope for you miss. That is all, you can go to the next activity. It's fine if you arent performing well, just do your best ok? "

She does a half smile at the end, seemingly wanting to encourage Lynn.
    Well now Lynn was confused. She thought the entire point was to use her quirk, though she'd also assumed that the teachers knew all of the students' quirks. However, she simply bowed politely.

"Of course, ma'am," she said, before returning to work.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rachel actually take a step back when Clary is close to her. She does her best fake smile but it still a bit akward: " Apologies accepted. Althought I only have my ride, hence why I asked if anyone here had a car... "
    William step foward: " I'll be happy to oblige. I never had the occasion to go to an " arcade" but I heard good stuff about it. You can ride with me.

Lizzie jump in excitement: " Hell yeah! I'll beat you all in Dance Dance Revolution! "

Rachel shrug: " I never was any good at that game. I prefer the shooting and fighting games. "

A small group decide to go to the arcade. Not everyone though as their wasnt enough room in the car. William decided to make a lottery to see who would be in the car and who would ride with Rachel in the sidecar.

(Pick a number if you wanna do the lottery or roleplay that part before we go to the Arcade)

=========

Meanwehile, when Jessie try to post on her blog, her phone actually make a ping and erase a single sentence who contained a info about a student quirk. She then remember what they learned in the morning...
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-06-29 at 04:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

By the end of it all, Lynn was panting pretty hard. She didn't sweat, due to her fur, but she was pretty dirty, so she did elect to hit the showers as well. On her way, she said, "I've never been to an arcade either, so I'm in. Are we doing the lottery immediately, or are we getting a shower and changing first?"
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-06-29 at 09:43 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rachel: " Showers first. We can meet in the parking. "

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

"Cool, got it."

Lynn started making her way to the showers.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Jessie was actuallu just barely pnating, but still joined the showers.
    "I should get a car. Ugh. The new rules are so limiting." She kept staring at her phone.

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

Clary ran off to take a shower as well. She was very excited about going to the arcade. She had spent hours playing the old Super Nintendo that the halfway house had where she'd spent most of her time growing up. She'd particularly liked Street Fighter 2: Turbo and Killer Instinct. Did they even make those games anymore? Clary shrugged to herself. After she took her shower, she headed back down to the parking lot for the 'lottery'.