New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default How do I get the updated AMFES: Spring from Gumroad?

I'm not sure where to post this, but here seems like the best place I could find?

I finally have an in-person group to play with, so I was digging out my old AMFES set from the kickstarter, and was sad about the lack of models in Spring, as I'm playing a Summoner Druid. I need me some Quicklings and Sprites. Digging through the updates, I saw that the Spring version was updated, for sale, on Gumroad. The link still works after 5 years, but hitting the purchase button does nothing, and putting in a price and then hitting the purchase button... also does nothing.

It's not on sale on Ookoodook or anywhere else, and getting an account on Gumroad still does not let me purchase it.

... How am I supposed to give the Giant my moneys?
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: How do I get the updated AMFES: Spring from Gumroad?

What browser are you using? It sounds like what happens when Firefox's NoScript kicks in, so if that's the case you'd need to make the site temp.Trusted (or just Trusted).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    What browser are you using? It sounds like what happens when Firefox's NoScript kicks in, so if that's the case you'd need to make the site temp.Trusted (or just Trusted).
    Agreed - it sounds like the problem is in the browser, not in Gumroad. Fable Wright: check that you allow pop-ups, scripts, cookies, etc from Gumroad, for the duration of the purchase. If none of that works, try a different browser, and worse comes to worst, you may want to contact Gumroad for technical assistance.

Yours,

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    I'm using Firefox (can't add trusted certificate because network reasons), mobile Google Chrome (same redirect stream), my phone's built in browser (can't actually access Gumroad), and the Gumroad App (spits my password back as a failed login even after resetting it).

This vendor is infuriating.

Edit: Internet Explorer also has the redirect loop.
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2018-05-08 at 11:55 AM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5

That sounds more like a security certificate issue. Which is beyond my competency level. Sorry