New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default A Monster for Every Situation: Fun Stories From AMFES

I love the paper minis from A Monster For Every Season. I’ve been using them for all my D&D campaigns (both as DM and player). The other night we had an interesting scenario come up, and I thought it might be fun not only to share with everybody, but to hear stories from others as well. So this thread is dedicated to telling tales about A Monster For Every Season! Did you find the perfect mini for an obscure character? Face (or make players face) something you never expected? Have something really cool happen that could only have happened with these minis? I want to hear about it!

The other day, my players were fighting a Shambling Mound. The group hasn’t worked together much, so they act like five individuals instead of a cohesive unit. One guy, and elf barbarian (the blond one with the loincloth), ran out ahead of everybody. The mound proceeded to hit the elf with two slam attacks, allowing it to grapple and engulf the elf. The medium elf mini fit perfectly inside the large Shambling Mound mini! Unfortunately for him, the others were unable to remove him from the mound until after the fight, but it was cool to see him actually engulfed.
    We don't need no steeeenkin' signatures!

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: A Monster for Every Situation: Fun Stories From AMFES

That trick also works for any creature with Swallow Whole. I had three PCs inside a purple worm a while back.