Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Alola: Dark Descent IC

Lillie blushes. "M-my assistant? Really?"

2. - Top - End - #32

Matsu grins. She's pretty cute, when she wants to be. "Sure, why not? You know this place pretty well. Just tell me how I can help."

3. - Top - End - #33

Lillie nods. "Okay... well, it's almost time to put out food for the Pokemon in the enclosure. Could you help me with that?"

4. - Top - End - #34

Matsu nods. "All right! Then, let's work together to take care of that."

He follows Lillie to where they keep the food, picks up a bag of it and starts spreading it evenly where Lillie directs him to.

5. - Top - End - #35

Matsu sees dozens of different Pokemon species coming up to eat, including some that he recognizes from Kanto. Lillie smiles and watches as the group eats.

6. - Top - End - #36

Matsu glances over at Lillie. "I guess you love Pokemon just as much as your mother? Do you have a Pokemon of your own, Lillie?"

7. - Top - End - #37

"Yep! Come out, Snowy!" She tosses a white Pokeball, and out comes a Vulpix... but it doesn't look like any Vulpix Matsu has ever seen. Its fur is white as snow, and its paws and ears are a pale blue instead of dark brown. The fur on its head and tail look somewhat curlier, almost like clouds.

8. - Top - End - #38

Matsu stares. "Huh? Isn't...Vulpix supposed to be a Fire Type? I would have expected more reds and orange."

9. - Top - End - #39

"Normally, yes, but the Vulpix native to Alola adapted to the cold of Mount Lanakila. There are actually a lot of Pokemon in Alola that have different qualities than what they'd show in other regions." Snowy barks and nuzzles against Matsu's leg.

10. - Top - End - #40

Matsu reaches down and strokes the Vulpix's head a bit, smiling. "Well, I bet my mom is starting to unpack by now. I better go and help out. It was nice to meet you, Lillie." He smiles at the younger girl, before going to look for his mother.

11. - Top - End - #41

After a bit of searching, Matsu locates his mother just outside what appears to be a small apartment building. A group consisting of both humans and Pokemon is in the process of taking their things inside.

12. - Top - End - #42

Matu picks up a box and starts helping. He doesn't take a break until everything is unloaded inside.

13. - Top - End - #43

By the time they've finished, the sun is starting to set. The movers depart, leaving Matsu and Vanessa alone in their studio apartment on the top floor.

14. - Top - End - #44

Matsu opens a bottle of water and chugs the whole thing in one go, sighing and setting it down. "Phew! Well, it's a little hard being the man of the house sometimes. But, we got everything sorted. I guess you start work tomorrow, huh Mom?"

15. - Top - End - #45

"Yes. They're going to have me go through orientation first thing in the morning."

16. - Top - End - #46

Matsu sighs. "Oh, cool...well it sounds like Gladion doesn't live on this island. So I guess I'll...sleep in or something," he mutters, already fearing how boring this new life will be for him.

17. - Top - End - #47

Vanessa smiles. "You can always take the ferry to one of the other islands if you want, Matsu. The ride might take a little while, but at least you won't be cooped up here by yourself all day."
    Last edited by Diachronos; 2018-05-14 at 03:04 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Matsu blinks. "Are you sure? You'll be okay here all by yourself, Mom?"

19. - Top - End - #49

"I managed when you and your friends would run off to Mount Moon, didn't I?" She smiles warmly at him.

20. - Top - End - #50

Matsu nods. "Okay, then. I'll try to be back by dinner."

He heads to his room and goes to sleep.

In the morning, Matsu goes to check and see what his options are for the ferry rides.

21. - Top - End - #51

Matsu finds that the only ferry currently at the dock is under maintenance due to a sudden mechanical failure, and that it'll be a couple hours before it's seaworthy again. However, he still manages to find a diversion as Lillie comes walking up the pier. "Matsu! Good morning!"

22. - Top - End - #52

Matsu turns to face the girl. "Oh. Good morning, Lillie. What are you doing out by the docks? Were you hoping to take the ferry somewhere?"

23. - Top - End - #53

"Actually, I was looking for you. Mother said she wants to speak with you."

24. - Top - End - #54

"What!?" Matsu replies incredulously. Lusamine hadn't had time to meet with the woman she hired yesterday but now she was requesting a face to face meeting with him? This is strange...

"...Well, considering she practically owns this entire island, it's not like I'm in a position to say no to her. Lead the way."

25. - Top - End - #55

Lillie takes him toward the middle of the island, where a large mansion overlooks the entire compound. She brings him inside and upstairs to an office, where the tall blonde woman he remembers is sitting behind a desk.

When they enter, Lusamine is holding what looks like a medical oxygen mask over her nose and mouth, taking a few slow, deep breaths. She stops when she sees the two of them, and gives them a smile as she places the mask on the corner of the desk. "Matsu Kudou, how nice to see you again. How are you liking the Aether Paradise so far?"

26. - Top - End - #56

Matsu clears his throat. The woman in front of him is very beautiful and very mature. In a few of his lonelier nights, Matsu had imagined what her stern tone would sound like when she was romantically interested in him. Being in the presence of such a woman is exciting, exhilarating, and intimidating all at the same time. And the most embarrassing part is that she likely could tell all this from the look on his face

"The apartment is very generous for just two people, Madame President."

His mind races. He wants to ask why she called him here but he knows better than to rush her. This conversation will move at her pace.

27. - Top - End - #57

She gives him a smile that, for a moment, reminds him of a Persian getting ready to pounce. "Your mother's skills are enough to earn these living arrangements. And I hope that you're just as promising."

Lusamine places a folder on her desk. "Lillie tells me that you offered to be her assistant."

28. - Top - End - #58

Matsu hesitates. That wasn't something he was planning to become public knowledge, but now that she knows, he has to play right into her hand. "Of course, ma'am. Though my mother is going to work very hard for the Aether Foundation, it would be selfish and rude of me to laze about enjoying the facilities without providing services of my own. Any chance I have to help Pokemon is a chance I am happy to take."

29. - Top - End - #59

"That's good. Though if you're assisting Lillie, I don't think you'll be spending very much time around here."

She starts looking through the folder. "Tell me, have you heard anything about the incident in the Alola region a few years ago?"

30. - Top - End - #60

Matsu straightens up. "Incident, ma'am? ...I believe I heard something on the news about another dimension."