Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Our War - Attack on Fate Core IC

Crescentia watches the woman mutely as she does her weird healing thing. The woman who...

"Y-you..."

Suddenly, she starts shouting in a rage, through tears, accompanied with weakly beating her fisted hands against the woman's chest, not hard enough to knock her over, even as weak and exhausted as she is.

"You killed my brothers! And my sisters! And--! And--! You ate my mother!"

After a bit, she stops swinging her fists, sliding down onto the ground as she curls up into a ball and sobs. It doesn't even occur to her right now that Florian might not be dead.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Samuel doesn't question or dwell on the talking animal-titan thing much, instead instantly focusing on getting out and away and safe and far away - the sheer threat and fear he feels overriding his usual urge to face up to any opposition he comes across.

When the old man lets go, Samuel keeps running for a few moments, still working on pure survival instinct, before he realises his people aren't following him. He pauses, looking back and forth between where they were headed and where the praying group is forming, before sighing and running back to the group. When he gets there, he shouts as loud as he can. He'd endured their wall rubbish while it was just something to deal with for the sake of a friend and food, but this was enough. He can't just leave them to this. "HEY! What are you doing? They don't care! Let's just get out of here! Come on, Melchior!"

He stays stood there as he waits for a response, primarily looking at Melchior. Samuel couldn't let him stay here, even if his brain was still screaming at him to keep running.
    Blake avatar by Cuthalion

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Crescentia
    Show
    The red-haired woman takes the hits with a trembling lip and her face contorts with pain as she sees you reduced to a sobbing mess. “I... I don’t expect you to forgive me, but... You knew about your mother’s power, didn’t you?” She leans back on the still-evaporating arm of her Titan body. “As long as one with royal blood has that power, the First King will make sure it’s never used to save the lives of the people within these Walls... I had to do this, for the sake of our people...”

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Melchior stumbles without Father pulling him onward, crashing to a halt and staring at him in a daze. Unlike Samuel, the fear is all-consuming, and Father's words seem to turn that fear into paralysis.

He stares blankly at Samuel, the words seeming to wash over unhearing ears. He blinks a few times, then reaches out towards Samuel. It takes a few attempts for him to squeeze out the words between shaky breaths. "I don't - want to - die." He pulls at his Father's robes, but can't formulate the cohesiveness needed express himself to him. He looks back towards Samuel. "Stay!"
    I hurl my heart to halt his pace,
    To quench his thirst I squander blood;
    He eats, and still his need seeks food,
    Compels a total sacrifice.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

When Melchior reaches towards Samuel, he grabs the other boy's arm, pulling at him slightly. He still didn't have much patience for the worshippers, nor did he quite understand Melchior's state - in particular, when it came to the old man - so he was getting frustrated, and that frustration combined with his fear and need to do something meant that he wasn't really getting any quieter or less active.

"No! Come on! If you stay, you stop, you're done! Don't stay here with them if they want to die! We don't have to!" He looks up at the old man, trying to get him to listen. "Come on, old man! You can't do this!"
    Blake avatar by Cuthalion