New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2954697071727374757677787980818283 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 2461
  1. - Top - End - #2341
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Lightbulb Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

Wait! don't use rain cloud, I might have nicked one...Is there anyone with some tracking skills?

from a safe distance from the fire, closer to the group and maybe in the direction of where the ambush people went off, I look for signs of blood. search (1d20)[20] +3

If I don't find any traces of blood then I signal for the cloud.

2. - Top - End - #2342
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

X, Mayor, who else is with us that would give us clout?

Abraham.

But they might not know he is with us

Is there anyone with some tracking skills?

I can't track them through the branches

3. - Top - End - #2343
    Bugbear in the Playground

which is on fire still...

4. - Top - End - #2344

RangerGuy

Robina peers to the trees and notices that the fire is spreading but the moss and general tendency of trees she realizes the fire wont spread far and will likely die out of its own accord, after all since it just rained a few days ago. however she does notice that in the time it does take it to burn out, it will create a considerable smoke cloud visible for a few miles.

Jon, gets next to the trees, and indeed, he can see a few splashes of blood on the tree to the left, which is the man he was targeting, however the amount is scant at most.

lambda:
    What should we do with the mayors body?

Stills:
    This is bad, this means that we are without a formal leader.

the rest of the untrained militia are kind of silent. an executed targeted attack right infront of them. for many this is the first death of battle they've ever witnessed, and certainly the first were the victim was unable to even defend themselves properly.

5. - Top - End - #2345

ElfMonkGuy

Post Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

No good, just trace amounts. We won't be able to follow them like this.

I get out of the way of the fire and hope I don't have any drop on me and fall back into formation. I hope the march to our sanctuary isn't as grizzly as this, but it isn't the time for us to think about violence, but how to stop it.

6. - Top - End - #2346
    Troll in the Playground

Please put him over one of the horses until we get to the gnomes

This is bad, this means that we are without a formal leader.

We will have to manage informally until we get a new one. Let's move

She says nothing to the new recruits but is trying to convey an image of confidence and reassurance for their benefit

7. - Top - End - #2347

so time to get a move on then?
    Orth gets ready to move on at robina direction

how much farther?

8. - Top - End - #2348

RangerGuy

The party continues to move on, after about half an hour they can see the outlier edges of the gnomes village

9. - Top - End - #2349
    Troll in the Playground

Assuming all is well (we can hear nature again?)

Robina will ask the troops to stay outside and ask to speak to the leaders again.

10. - Top - End - #2350

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    Assuming all is well (we can hear nature again?)

Robina will ask the troops to stay outside and ask to speak to the leaders again.
    Yes, as you get closer to the village the sounds of nature are resuming. Once you are close enough however you notice that there isnt as many gnomes around as there was before, however you are lead back inside to meet with the leader.

Also forgot xp. 450xp for last encounter.

11. - Top - End - #2351

want me to stay outside and watch the rab...I mean recruits?

12. - Top - End - #2352
    Troll in the Playground

They are in the village. Any trouble that involves them we are going to notice.

She looks at Lambda and the others and talks quietly

Keep the new guys drilling or at least active. We want them kept too busy to think about what happend.

Also think of which of you 4 should be Sergeant.

She rubs her nose.

Believe me I'm not substantially keener on the idea of being your Captain either but somebody has to do it

(1d20)[3] Sense Motive +5 for which one she thinks would be best

Upon entering, she greets the leaders pleasantly and then gets down to business.

Since we last met Hazeltown has been evacuated, Fiorello was able to raise a dozen or so green troops from Falconwood but the town is staying put.

We encountered a patrol attempting to pick up our trail and dealt with them.

We were able to rescue a dozen or so civilians from the sewers of Everpine, however Draco executed the rest of the prisoners and few more by breathing fire on them, then conscripted everyone else into his army. I don't know if that means a bunch of untrained civillians just got impressed in his forces or this is just an excuse to put them under military discipline.

With no one left in Everpine we can reasonably help the next most urgent task is the Princess. You said you had a way in?

She pauses,

It would be helpful if your sages could get an idea of what or how Draco is able to breathe fire. I think I have ruled out magic.

Further there are Hobs in Everpine, at least two. They had captured Xivlir who had guided us to the fortress. We'd be very grateful to discuss if it is possible to reincarnate him or if you a scroll or two we can barter for.

Oh, and there are a pair of snipers active who specifically targeted Firoello on the way here with some really good poison. That might also be someone to consider bringing back.

(1d20)[17] Diplomacy +12 to get deal on reincarnate and generally look worthwhile as allies
    Last edited by wilphe; 2019-05-27 at 08:31 AM.

13. - Top - End - #2353

ElfMonkGuy

Question Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

Hopefully out of ear shot of the recruits and the gnomes, but close enough to the party.
    Umm...there are so few to greet us, either they split the village...for good news or bad, we should at least hear why and then try to brace for what HAS to come.

thinking about the ambush, it won't be too far of a surprise that an "enforcing detachment to subjugate rogue elements" or some other technically legal cheese to legally occupy the area and recoup the losses without too much of a struggle.

If I think I see some people in armor and weapons I will point them out or if I see messengers; like a lot of bards; then that.

People watching spots: https://www.cartoonstock.com/cartoon...?catref=rmun17
    Armor wearers: (1d20)[14] +4
    Mail deliverers: (1d20)[5] +4

14. - Top - End - #2354
    Troll in the Playground

Umm...there are so few to greet us, either they split the village...for good news or bad, we should at least hear why and then try to brace for what HAS to come.

Well they did say they were sending 100 wizards against the Hobs

15. - Top - End - #2355

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post

Well they did say they were sending 100 wizards against the Hobs
    let's go with they moved everyone into the mountain as a precaution until we hear otherwise. I had hoped they would wait for us to join their assault on the keep
    Last edited by DwarvenWarCorgi; 2019-05-27 at 03:52 PM.

16. - Top - End - #2356

DruidGuy

Have Stephen guard Abigail while we go in. Handle animal (1d20+9)[20] dc15 for a trick he knows

17. - Top - End - #2357

RangerGuy

GL:
    Wow, it seems you had an eventful 24 hrs.. im sure most people in your shoes wouldn't have been able to pull such a feat off. still though its a shame about Everpine. to hear how low its fallen. but youre right.. our focus must be on the princess. retrieving her is our most important task. unfortunately we've already dispatched our warriors to deal with the hobgoblin presence at the old fortress in the mountains. unless you moved quickly they would have attacked before you would arrive, meaning, the time for surprise would've passed.

As for the reincarnation I'm a frayed knot, their is a person capable of such a feat however due to the nature and resources of the spell he will likely not be interested in helping resurrect someone. Though by all means your free to try.

He then gives you directions to were said person would be located

18. - Top - End - #2358

DruidGuy

well, lets trade our unwanted stuff here for gold/gems and anything the mage might be interested in. I'm also deeply concerned about those treetop scout/assassins.

19. - Top - End - #2359
    Troll in the Playground

Well let's see what they want first. They may want magic more than money. Or if they have power over live and death they probably may not value money or magic very highly and we may find ourselves with a task

To the leader:

We have maybe a score of soldiers and the same in refugees. I would not presume upon your hospitality, so it would be my intention to send most of the soldiers and all the civilians west to Camelot and keep a small squad with us

Then follow the directions towards the spellcaster, and assume we will end up at a door somewhere
    Last edited by wilphe; 2019-05-28 at 09:57 AM.

20. - Top - End - #2360

ElfMonkGuy

Question Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

due to their nature? It is blurted, but then I keep the rest of mind from going into detail, but my look of worry make me think of a necromancer...worry fades to questioning, would a free willed un-dead reanimation considered a resurrection until we have the means of real deal one?

Hmm, anyways let us get our stuff repaired and re-equipped, the gobs are hopefully pancakes by now... Turning my attention to the person whom had just spoke. Any reports back from that place then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_IWubgr27A

21. - Top - End - #2361

RangerGuy

GL:
    to robina
    Begs the question of recruitment if your going to send them to Camelot. however they are free to stay here until you need to call them.

to jon
    No, we haven't heard back from them I suspect the attack has only recently started anyways, if the numbers you posed are correct they would have a couple hours of heavy fighting anyways. by Elyon's grace they'll hopefully win said fight.

as the party then leaves the leader to go for a resurrection, they come to a twisting spire on the outskirts of the citadel near the back, its off to itself a bit, which is useful for those wanting to keep their privacy.

as you look around the building there doesnt seem to be an apparent entrance, however in one of the rooms near the top you can see a dim light.

22. - Top - End - #2362
    Troll in the Playground

Getting survivors to safety still needs to be done. I would not want them to stay here if it would draw unwanted attention. However I will tell them to wait here and I hope you can feed them whilst they are here

Upon arrival at the spire:

Ok. No obvious entrance, that's a good way to say "Do not disturb".

She does a
    Spoiler: Detect Magic
    Show
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectMagic.htm

Detect Magic

Divination

Level:
    Brd 0, Clr 0, Drd 0, Sor/Wiz 0

Components:
    V, S

Casting Time:
    1 standard action

Range:
    60 ft.

Area:
    Cone-shaped emanation

Duration:
    Concentration, up to 1 min./level (D)

Saving Throw:
    None

Spell Resistance:
    No

You detect magical auras. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.

1st Round

Presence or absence of magical auras.

2nd Round

Number of different magical auras and the power of the most potent aura.

3rd Round

The strength and location of each aura. If the items or creatures bearing the auras are in line of sight, you can make Spellcraft skill checks to determine the school of magic involved in each. (Make one check per aura; DC 15 + spell level, or 15 + half caster level for a nonspell effect.)

Magical areas, multiple types of magic, or strong local magical emanations may distort or conceal weaker auras.
    and checks all around looking for a hidden door

(1d20)[7] Search +5

Otherwise, she casts Dancing Lights to head up the side of the tower and hang outside the room with the dim light to hopefully get some attention

23. - Top - End - #2363

ElfMonkGuy

I don't want to be rude, let us try the simplest method I try knocking at where we are lead too and wait for a response. If I feel that I would get a bolt or something shot at me, I would like to dodge.

24. - Top - End - #2364

ElfMonkGuy

I really just want to look around. After knocking I look for any changes around the surrounding area, like a gate or cave opening. It isn't like there are guards here and the townsfolk don't mind him, so why does this guy want to hide himself?

25. - Top - End - #2365

DruidGuy

Know local (1d20+3)[4]

26. - Top - End - #2366
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: so why does this guy want to hide himself?
    Show
    In order to not be bothered by a stream of plebs wanting him to bring their friends back from the dead?

Also he's at least 9th level so is probably doing Important Spellcaster Stuff and doesn't want to be disturbed

We are probably going to have to do him a "favour" to get this done if he agrees at all
    Last edited by wilphe; 2019-05-30 at 03:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #2367

RangerGuy

Robina can detect all sorts of magical auras coming from the tower itself. some strong some not so strong, but its hard to make out what is coming from where. she then decides the best course of action is to use her lights to gather attention.

Jon, knocks on stone? theres no apparent entrance so your knocking on stone buddy... which does... nothing..

anyways after sometime, a small flash and bang come from the room that was shining light, a window flies open and a withered elderly gnome bursts out onto the window seal catching his breathe coughing profusely as a small black cloud eminates from the room..

Wizzy:
    Good heavens, that darn light caused me to add two more drops of essence of dwarf ear than needed. he still is coughing profusely and hasn't noticed the party yet.

28. - Top - End - #2368
    Troll in the Playground

My apologies for disturbing you. There didn't seem to be a bell rope.

29. - Top - End - #2369

RangerGuy

Wizzy:
    Aye? well thered be a reason for that missy he says in a rather quick tone. Your interrupting important work! this better be good.

30. - Top - End - #2370
    Troll in the Playground

We are in need of a spellcaster. [Leader name] said you might be able to assist us. we can pay of course, but I guess that someone like yourself has moved beyond the need for mere money so maybe we can offer something else?

(1d20)[9] Diplomacy +12