New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 83 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Post Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

Jon goes from looking around to getting his barrings and making sure he is with the group to almost a trance like state, each time he trances he is looking down, as if possibly very, very quietly and quickly praying for some good fortune...unfortunately it is just "please let me have a good hiding spot I can use a bow from" repeated at each trance. Until...

Hey X'Ivlir, you really believe that this Hobgoblin ruler Grakdo is causing fear? What is he like, just another Hobgoblin or something else...it seems like...maybe you had first hand experience? That is if you want to tell us...I don't mean to be rude if asking you about Grakdo and your personal life... Sorry that came out wrong.

The redness of Jon's face matches most of the yaio / yuri book covers after thinking about the taste of his wording.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

X - no, I never met grakdo. He was more or less in my days of adventuring a ghost story. You'd come upon a ruined fortress or village, and you would hear of grakdo. To be honest no one ever really fought him. Or at least no one lived to talk to about it. Most people assumed he was just a figure made up by mothers to get their children to straighten up...

At this point the party comes to a ledge in the mountains. This is where the walls start sheering to the ceilings of the sky. X looks up and his face gives a slight grin before turning to Frederic.

I'm leading you here. Those who wish to stay out of range should climb here, walk over to the mouth of the canyon on the other side. From there you will have a nice vantage point. he then looks at the trail leading inward into the mountains. With rock walls on both sides. the rest of us will go through here. A few minutes in. If they are coming this way and I'm sure they are if they are going to the old fortress... Theyll have to come through here it's the only route in.he looks in the dirt, combing the area for tracks until he finds a set.. strange.. these look animalistic in nature. A set of hooves? Maybe? But nothing else. Nothing that says a human has passed through here.

Spoiler: climb dc 10
    Show
    if you choose to go up the rock walls to the vantage point. Remember armor check penalties and what knot

3. - Top - End - #273

As the party travels ..all,Orth can seem,to gather is..we are doing the orginal,plan..oh and Anders can make people slip in an area
    well that was..enlightening ..if/ when drake closes can you aim this..slip spell? ... Well enough to affect just them? If we can knock them down i feel like il have the advantage..cause im not above striking a foe on the ground
    When the party gets to the location. .

if anyone needs help getting up to the vantage point i can take some rope and climb up there fairly quickly..if X thinks we have time to assist in such a manner ..otherwise Frederic and I shall take position here ( insert choke point that will hopefully funnel them) ..and what do you mean strange X? You think a horse has been,here recently? Did they get ahead of us? Or is there possibly a new party abouts

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nice place Frederic said while looking left and right. Robina, Jon, Anders. Are you climbing up? And you, X? Are you staying here or are you going to leave?

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Robina looks up at the vantage point and shakes her head I have enough magic to not be stuck in one place. I will stay behind you, and if you want to do the talking this time. That's fine.
    I will take some of the rope though.

She takes a length and ties it about a foot off the ground across the trail a little way behind Oorth and Frederick, Don't forget that is there, magic is good, physical backup even better
    Last edited by wilphe; 2018-06-11 at 12:00 AM.

6. - Top - End - #276

RangerGuy

X - I'll go up top And stay out of the fighting. he then looks to the trail again at the tracks it could be a horse but I'm not completely sure. However no human seems to have entered in to the mountains this way yet. he then turns his gaze to Robina seeing up the trap. i don't know if that'll do much good lass but you're welcome to try anything. We probably have a good amount of time to get ready but it pays to be prepared is untelling how close they are too this point. We should get into position and wait x begins to masterfully climb the rock facing and reach the ledge without any trouble.

You guys have (1d30)[16] minutes to get ready. If result Less than five you have five minutes.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Frederick, please don't forget you are the only healer here. If you go down there is no one to get you up

Robina takes the mule and cart a little way up the road and ties them off, then checks either side of the trail for poor footing, hiding spots and whatever before taking up a concealed spot about 50 feet behind Oorth and Frederick and settling down.

Take 20 on search base 4

Take 20 on Hide, base 7

She then quietly mutters to herself
    Spoiler
    Show
    If only we could resolve this with as little bloodshed as possible

8. - Top - End - #278

ElfMonkGuy

Lightbulb Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

Jon will take a ten on climb and hide opposite of both X and Robina. Readying Equipment of 1 torch un-lit for now, bow and arrows, and daggers. If there are any small rocks worth a sling, just before hiding Jon will grab those and put them close.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

I’m not sure how much it will help..
    comments Ander, But I can also make people grow in size and strength, you’ll be tougher but easier to hit and other will be able to hit you easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

10. - Top - End - #280

Orth will help people into position as needed and then just kinda wait at his spot ( near where the guards are supposed to show)

hey X let us know when they are a few mins away..and if im facing the right away..cause it would be kinda inconvient to realize im set up wrong

also Frederic.. if you can use that magic that let us hit easier on the Hobs that would be useful..i dont know how long it lasts so its up to you when to cast it..

and Anders that might actually be useful..do you have to stay close to be able to use it on someone?

Jon are you all set up there?

Robina i can try to talk to them..or intimidate them that this is a bad idea but i cant make any promises..il do my best to focus on Drake if possible though so just do what you can to keep me and Frederic covered
    Orth takes the time to breath and ready his gear holding the greatsword point down on the ground..looking kind of like those guardian statues that are seen around temples
    ..and then he slowly starts gathering his thoughts on things that make him mad
    ( insert internal dialogue here)
    Spoiler: internal ANGER!!!
    Show
    I absolutely hate when people try to take advantage of me..and thats all that seems to have happened since this trip started..first the Hobs tried to surprise and kill Frederic..then X tried to commit rather obvious and not even clever highway robbery with his prices..
    and now..NOW some idiot corrupt guard thinks they can get the drop on us? I think NOT ..ive had it with these SNAKES on my ****ing Path and if I need to i shall ..i shall... dammit i lost the thought
    ....AH i SHALL RIP THEIR SPINES FROM THEIR NOSES AND USE THEM FOR JUMP ROPE IN A PUDDLE OF THEIR FAMILIES BLOOD!!!!!!!!!

11. - Top - End - #281

RangerGuy

As the party moves into position the time of confrontation is at hand, robina ties the Mule up further inside the mountain (denoted by the star on the battle map) and notices several areas of natural cover inside the valley floor (Denoted by the Diamond boxes, these are good enough for partial cover.). X, and Jon climb the walls (you can be anywhere there is the gray boxes, this denotes the mountain, green is grass, and dark green is tall grass.)

ill need where everyone wants to be before we start, so for instance X will take position N15 on the battlemap and will stay out of POS, its important that you keep in mind where you are, I can update this map but only every so often as I have to use my computer to do it. so to help streamline this I would like you to place your movements and attacks like so

What it is your doing. I.E. X moves to a better flanking position.
    Where your moving to/from N15 to O15
    Your target Guard X
    Attack rolls
    Damage rolsl
    If you are doing spells, please spoil the spell with its descriptor and what not, that way If im not explicitly familiar with the spell I can just reference the forum and not have to track it down.

So before anything else. I need battle positions
    Last edited by CNFish; 2018-06-11 at 10:23 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282

ElfMonkGuy

d20 Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

Thinking that Orth easily spotted Jon, Jon barely comes out of the original hiding spot to give a quick thumbs up.
    Hey have a flint and steel on you; to light the grease; in case we need to run for it.

then goes over his supplies once more and tries to re position himself to do a better hiding job.
    (1d20+5)[24]

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    We expect them to be coming from the left then?

And these are 5 foot squares?

Robina will hole up at M5 for the moment

14. - Top - End - #284

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    We expect them to be coming from the left then?

And these are 5 foot squares?

Robina will hole up at M5 for the moment
    no thats my fault the entire left side (one row of the blocks) should have been grayed, they are coming from the north direction, as south is in the direction of the mountain and they haven't gotten there yet. And yes 5ft sqs
    Last edited by CNFish; 2018-06-11 at 11:10 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285

Orth will take F5 and...look scary? Idk i kinda thought this spot was a bit more narrow than it seems it was?

When the opponents show up il attempt to talk to them

16. - Top - End - #286

ElfMonkGuy

cool Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

Due to how I worded that and where everyone is set up, that would put me directly on top of f/5?
    (OOC: alright, so the map goes from b to p, 1 to 16, a isn't there, the letters are north on top, you explained the shapes, is there anything that seems to be missing?)

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    North is at the top?

18. - Top - End - #288

Spoiler: jon
    Show
    you climbed up so your somewhere in the grey or other colored squares..your choice where

19. - Top - End - #289

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    North is at the top?
    Should be yes

20. - Top - End - #290

RangerGuy

Also A is there. It's just a column of gray colored squares. The gray squares mean that you have the height advantage and to get up to those positions or down you'd need to make a climb check... I just messed up and didn't color them.. I'll fix it though once I get everyone's positions
    Last edited by CNFish; 2018-06-11 at 11:33 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291

ElfMonkGuy

I had made myself opposite of X, Anders, and Robina, that leaves me on C3 if f5 is not a mountain and where Orth wants to be, plus I stated that after a quick looking for sling worthy stones (3 min) getting to position (1 min) I would take a ten (10 mins) with a benny of 2 for the climb (unless you wish for something to happen).
    Orth called me out, and I then I did something cool, like find an old gillie suit trying to re-hide getting a 24 skill check total.

You could tell me that something happened or Orth got to me before I was up fully on C3.

22. - Top - End - #292

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JonMarker2 View Post
    I had made myself opposite of X, Anders, and Robina, that leaves me on C3 if f5 is not a mountain and where Orth wants to be, plus I stated that after a quick looking for sling worthy stones (3 min) getting to position (1 min) I would take a ten (10 mins) with a benny of 2 for the climb (unless you wish for something to happen).
    Orth called me out, and I then I did something cool, like find an old gillie suit trying to re-hide getting a 24 skill check total.

You could tell me that something happened or Orth got to me before I was up fully on C3.
    It was a chat on the way there, but generally I accepted yours and robinas 20 on hide because there isn't a penalty for failing since you are amongst allies and not being searched for by anyone. so the second hide attempt was not needed really. and awesome ill take your C3, we just need anders and frederics position

also Ive updated the battle map, the positions of the guard are now known, this will be there positions while Oorth talks to them. Also Drake is the Red symbol, the green one is their archer, and the blue one is GX the one robina talked to before leaving. the orange ones are rather explanatory, they are the other guard.
    Last edited by CNFish; 2018-06-11 at 12:36 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

ElfMonkGuy

Exclamation Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

It looks like I would have been facing e5, unless there is something special about the area of c3 {EX: ledge narrow, the way you must lay in the pot-marks is a set way}

Due to this I would like to take aim and follow the green archer, knocking and launching if he tries to aim at Orth and if d2 or e1 is not in the way of doing things. If improbable then aim will go to Drake, however if Drake is on his horse, I am taking out the horse!
    I will only fire if I feel that Orth is being threatened at those 3 targets in the order previously stated (Dammit Archer, Drake, Horse) Up until the point I feel that my area is extremely threatened. At that time I would like to flank attempting to get to F1. If I get to 1/2 Hp I will try to bolt to space H7 and then cut back to B13.

(OOC: I need to do job getting stuff, so if you guys think I am taking to long, then don't be afraid to move and shoot me around, should I take too long...I don't like walking in summer)

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Ander will stay at F6, getting low the ground and getting ready to cast grease covering F2:G3 if things get violent.

Hide Check: (1d20+5)[14]
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

25. - Top - End - #295

ElfMonkGuy

furious Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

(OOC: back )

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    What are you doing here? The advantage of a bottleneck is that you can't be surrounded... I thought we (Orth and myself) position ourself at somewehre H14 or so and the ranged fighters left and right on top of the valley...

fighting at f5 turns this ad absurdum, but whatever.

Frederic stands at g5. Side by side with Orth. Orth, hold your horses this time! We try to talk with them first. I will that they surrender! This won't happen, but hey, who knows.

I prayed to Kord to give us some power. I make you stronger, believe me! I tell you when we start to fight, ok?

When X tells us they are 1 minute or so away, I will start casting enlarge person (from strength domain) on Orth, then casting bless and finally praying to Kord, to let my sword be magical (casting magic weapon). I'm also activating divine vigor.

Spoiler: Enlarge person
    Show
    Enlarge Person
    Transmutation
    Level: Sor/Wiz 1, Strength 1
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: One humanoid creature
    Duration: 1 min./level (D)
    Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    This spell causes instant growth of a humanoid creature, doubling its height and multiplying its weight by 8. This increase changes the creature’s size category to the next larger one. The target gains a +2 size bonus to Strength, a -2 size penalty to Dexterity (to a minimum of 1), and a -1 penalty on attack rolls and AC due to its increased size.

A humanoid creature whose size increases to Large has a space of 10 feet and a natural reach of 10 feet. This spell does not change the target’s speed.

If insufficient room is available for the desired growth, the creature attains the maximum possible size and may make a Strength check (using its increased Strength) to burst any enclosures in the process. If it fails, it is constrained without harm by the materials enclosing it— the spell cannot be used to crush a creature by increasing its size.

All equipment worn or carried by a creature is similarly enlarged by the spell. Melee and projectile weapons affected by this spell deal more damage. Other magical properties are not affected by this spell. Any enlarged item that leaves an enlarged creature’s possession (including a projectile or thrown weapon) instantly returns to its normal size. This means that thrown weapons deal their normal damage, and projectiles deal damage based on the size of the weapon that fired them. Magical properties of enlarged items are not increased by this spell.

Multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack,.

Enlarge person counters and dispels reduce person.

Enlarge person can be made permanent with a permanency spell.

Material Component
    A pinch of powdered iron.

Spoiler: bless
    Show
    Bless
    Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
    Level: Clr 1, Pal 1
    Components: V, S, DF
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: 50 ft.
    Area: The caster and all allies within a 50-ft. burst, centered on the caster
    Duration: 1 min./level
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
    Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Bless counters and dispels bane.

Spoiler: Magic Weapon
    Show
    Magic Weapon
    Transmutation
    Level: Clr 1, Pal 1, Sor/Wiz 1, War 1
    Components: V, S, DF
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Touch
    Target: Weapon touched
    Duration: 1 min./level
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless, object)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless, object)
    Magic weapon gives a weapon a +1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls. (An enhancement bonus does not stack with a masterwork weapon’s +1 bonus on attack rolls.)

You can’t cast this spell on a natural weapon, such as an unarmed strike (instead, see magic fang). A monk’s unarmed strike is considered a weapon, and thus it can be enhanced by this spell

Spoiler: Feat divine vigor
    Show
    As a standard action, spend one of your turn or rebuke undead attempts to increase your base speed by 10 feet and gain +2 temporary hit points per character level. These effects last a number of minutes equal to your Charisma modifier.
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-06-11 at 03:12 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297

RangerGuy

Spoiler: bottleneck.
    Show
    technically your still in a bottleneck. They are in the neck you arenin the bottle I felt like you and oorth would crowd control enough to keep them from dispersing into the bottle. And I didn't want to put you guys in the neck because especially with who is and who is not on the cliffs the space would be very small and not alot would be done. But as far as being surrounded goes. You can't technically be surrounded... You have surrounded them..

Also Frederic I have to ask are you sure you want to cast those spells before they get there? If you engage in dialogue some of those spells will dispate almost entirely as the battle begins... If it comes to a battle that is. Unless I'm missing something. If so just let me know.

Intitiaves too please.

28. - Top - End - #298

ElfMonkGuy

initiative: (1d20+3)[8]
    low, low rfols roll away low rolls from here on in, please!
    Last edited by JonMarker2; 2018-06-11 at 04:55 PM. Reason: chunni chanting

29. - Top - End - #299

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    like i said this spot is alot bigger than i thought. ..if DM and rest of party are ok with it, we can all just relocate to further south such as H14 where you said and,robina hiding to the side since her hide check is going to be pretty good..same with Jon
    Also DM dont be like that, you know when he said surrounded he meant the melee having all our sides blocked instead of limiting them to 1 or 2 at a time

(1d20+8)[26] intative roll...if drake and cronies take no hostile ( read attack us) right away il wait untill Frederic gets this talking bug out of his system

30. - Top - End - #300

RangerGuy

If the majority wants ill remake the map and make it to a more bottledneck experience. Meaning I'll give more than just three squares and the enemy will actually be in the neck. But the map wont be ready till late tonight since I have to update it from my computer. And it's not that hard to update I can do it in like 5 minutes.. otherwise we can just use this map. No big deal. The positions of everyone will be reatively the same. The only thing that will really change is the enemies position. The melee characters might be moved down just a bit though.