New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Thumbs up Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

Trundling away from Quartermaster's, thinking about how linear the situation could be, then thinking that I would be the last back to the first meeting spot.

Once, back at burnt bodies, if I don't see anyone, I will swear.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hey CNFish! How much time has passed? I guess Frederic is still waiting, ya?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fliggl View Post
    Show
    Hey CNFish! How much time has passed? I guess Frederic is still waiting, ya?
    Yes. I'm waiting on a few reaponses. So far it's been about a half hour has passed. But once I have everything I need from everyone I will advance the story. So far, the story is, you and Robina are waiting. Oorth found an old tracker (who he is currently talking too.) Jon found supplies and a slight lead on another tracker should he choose to go to the market to look for other trackers.. though it looks like he's just going back to the spot to meet up. And Anders wants to go back to the school.. and follow up leads there.

Soo we got three different things going on. You and Robina will have something by tonight so just keep an eye out.

4. - Top - End - #124

RangerGuy

Spoiler: Oorth
    Show

- Woodsman - Prove my worth? i was the best hunter this village has seen, i once tracked a bear over the northern mountains for two days in the rain... worth. nothing is worth anything anymore. even the best of adventurers will be nothing more than a footnote in someones memory eventually. but sure ill hep ya. ive got nothin' better goin' on.
    - Groper - Begins to talk about the time the woodsman is finished. Hold on der, miser' you aints goin' nowheres until you pays my tab likes we agreed on!. He begins to reach up, in a staggered stance, in an attempt to grab the mans arm..

The woodsman stops where hes at, at the table, finishes off his round (drink) Before taking his empty tankard and planting it across the drunks face, the drunk falls to the ground in a stupor and is knocked out.

- Woodsman - Shall we leave then?

(*As the woodsman and oorth leave (if you have anything that you want to do before leaving let it be known, or this is where you leave the tavern.) the woodsmans stance is a bit lagged from his drink, though you cannot tell if he's drunk. he's likely built up quite a tolerance over the years. he (the woodsman) hands the barista a small bag of coin, winks at her, and moves to leave the tavern with oorth in tow.)

Spoiler: Ander
    Show

- seemingly being left behind by the group unknowningly tries to ask if anyone cares if he continues the investigation. however before he can ask anything, the party has already moved on to their jobs leaving him there. As he approaches the school yard were the young boy was, its clear he is no longer there.

Spoiler: WIS DC 10
    Show
    With the schoolyard being deserted and seemingly no one around, the school mustve already let out for the day.

Spoiler: Jon
    Show

- After finishing up with the Quartermaster, you walk back to the center of town seemingly were you strayed off from the others, your the first to arrive on scene for a few minutes (Oorth will follow in shortly afterwards with the tracker he's found.) the Rations you have gathered are all in your possession by the way, you can distribute to each person as you please.

Spoiler: Frederic and Robina
    Show

time seems to pass by rather slowly as you seem to have waited awhile now, robina gets tired of the stale air and pipes up, though shortly after talking she is only met with silence, it seems Frederic is rather deep into his prayers and isn't listening very well. though it does pay off. (+1 to hit, -2 To Spot/listen checks for the next hour.)

Spoiler: Listen Check DC 10
    Show
    IF successful you hear the thudding of a horse coming in from the direction of the village.

Spoiler: Spot (IF listen PASS DC 10, Else DC 13)
    Show

*to clarify just incase i need to, if you passed the prior listen check, its probable that because you can hear the sound youll have an easier time noticing them, if you didn't it should be just a little harder to notice whats coming.

- IF pass you notice a small group of people coming your direction, one is on a horse.

Last edited by CNFish; 2018-05-31 at 07:06 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125

Spoiler: to woodsman
    Show
    well im not sure if we need any extra supplies, a memeber of the squard when to get us stuff but im sure the requisition office is going to short us on needed supplies so if you know somewhere cheap in town to aquire etc,etcetc, that would be great
    aside from that i dont believe we need anything else so im ready when you are.
    Orth looks at the drunk on the ground and shrugs do i need to lock him up?

if nothing else is needed then i guess Orth will head back to the spot with old man in tow

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

(1d20)[16](16) Listen +1

(1d20)[14](14) Spot 0

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Frederic, we have company. Might be Alpha squad

8. - Top - End - #128

ElfMonkGuy

Question Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

Guys?, Guys! Omega! The quartermaster got us food, Sorry it took so long! This is said loud enough when the group with the horse guy is near ME and I am not as near the group.

When at the group:
    Omega, our quartermaster was kind enough to have the foresight to give us some rations.

OOC: 3 boxes or 3 rations?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Wait, what?
    Frederic was disrupted by Robina

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    -2 on both rolls already included
    Listen (1d20)[14]
    Spot (1d20)[1]

He heard the noise of a horse, too, but just at the moment he wanted to turn around, a small squall blew him some ashes in his eyes so he couldn't see anything. [OOC] Something like that has to happen, I rolled a 1 :)
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-05-31 at 11:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

(1d20+1)[2]

Having ventured to the school Ander sees quickly that it is empty, far to late in the day of course. However having noticed or come up with nothing new he turns back to the group’s location.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2018-06-01 at 03:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Omega, our quartermaster was kind enough to have the foresight to give us some rations.

Excellent. We are burning daylight here, where's everyone else?

12. - Top - End - #132

RangerGuy

*ok I need to clarify that Jon hasn't made it back to Frederic and Robina position. I stated that he turned back to the center of the village to wait on everyone where they split up. Jon is in the village center, not outside the walls. Oorth is the next to arrive at the center followed by Anders..

Frederic and Robinas thing is going off in the time frame that everyone is doing their stuff. .

So to keep it going Frederick and robina are standing aloof as the unknown group approaches there position. Are you guys (Frederic and Robina only.) going to do anything before they are on top of you? Because you were talking but I feel like there was more there that got interrupted

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Robina will try and see if they are militia or if not who they are

(1d20)[11](11) Spot +0

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Frederic is rubbing his eyes... how long does it take or better, how fast do they arrive? How much time is for Frederic left to recognize them and to react afterwards?

15. - Top - End - #135

RangerGuy

You have time to do one more action before they notice you.

And Robina you don't notice anything out of the ordinary but they are human. And coming from the direction of the village

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Robina will see if they are heading for her position or just heading past them, at the very least we have a burning pyre of goblins so it would be odd if they completely ignored them.

She'll give them the once over to see if any are holding weapons and how many they are, and move 50-60 feet further away from her position upwind of the burning goblins and find some cover.

OOC:

Double Move and Hide Check

(1d20)[3](3)Hide +6

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

After clearing his eyes, Frederic made another attempt to spot the one with the horses. Robina ran away, hiding herself but he moved nowhere.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    spot check with -2 circumstance mali already included (1d20)[17]

18. - Top - End - #138

ElfMonkGuy

d20 Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

Starting to feel like a Shakespeare's stage direction of "holding an egg", Jon starts to look ahead of where everyone should be and tries to make out if they are around the bodies.
    (1d20+2)[10] spot check to find an omega personnel near the charred bodies, from where I am at currently.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by CNFish View Post
    *ok I need to clarify that Jon hasn't made it back to Frederic and Robina position. I stated that he turned back to the center of the village to wait on everyone where they split up. Jon is in the village center, not outside the walls. Oorth is the next to arrive at the center followed by Anders..

Frederic and Robinas thing is going off in the time frame that everyone is doing their stuff. .

So to keep it going Frederick and robina are standing aloof as the unknown group approaches there position. Are you guys (Frederic and Robina only.) going to do anything before they are on top of you? Because you were talking but I feel like there was more there that got interrupted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMarker2 View Post
    Starting to feel like a Shakespeare's stage direction of "holding an egg", Jon starts to look ahead of where everyone should be and tries to make out if they are around the bodies.
    [roll0] spot check to find an omega personnel near the charred bodies, from where I am at currently.

Jon, regardless how high you are rolling, I say you won't see anybody from the omega squad near the dead goblinoids!

20. - Top - End - #140

RangerGuy

Spoiler: Frederic and Robina
    Show

Robina has a gut sensation that she doesn't want to be anywhere near this area as the group approaches. so she takes off in a dead sprint to create some distance and hide, however she fails to find a suitable hiding spot is merely standing in a small clearing some 60 feet away.

Frederic being seemingly steadfast in his prayers decides to stand his ground and make sure these are enemies and not friendlies. after some careful observations he notices the man on the horse is actually a member of the town guard. (Guard not Militia)

though before he knows it the group is upon them and Frederic is suddenly surrounded by soldiers. The man on the horse who seems to be the leader speaks up.

Calvalry soldier - You there! what is your name, rank, and squad! His words are stern, giving the impression that he does not mess around. he turns his gaze to where robina ran to, a small hill just to the left of Frederics position. *For clarity this is going away from the village, not towards the wall. his stare narrows as if hes trying to make out who it is. but the sour smirk on his face lets it be known he doesn't know. Friend of yours?

Spoiler: Inside the village
    Show

Oorth and the woodsman now re-join Jon at the village center.
    Woodsman - You said you needed supplies righ'? we best get them quickly and hurry on then before the trail gets cold.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalry soldier
    You there! what is your name, rank, and squad
    Sir Antoine de Brutforce-Strongarm, Colonel Lieutenant of the Queens Guard! Frederic answered and tried to be serious. But he started loughing, winked to the mounted soldier and continued: Naa, me is Frederic van Brock, I'm on patrol here. We're the Omega-Squad, I guess? We are high on duty, so my friend couldn't wait to continue our walk. Goblins are outta here, you know? he pointed at the moldering corpses. We're assuming there are some more of them, so... It's important that we continue, right?

With an exaggerated gesture, he saluted and bowed down. Have a nice day, SIR!
    Frederic turned around and wanted to walk to Robina.

22. - Top - End - #142

ElfMonkGuy

biggrin Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

Startled by the yelling of the woodsman and lost in my own thought of where did everyone go:
    DDD, Dang it all! Wait, what supplies...Oh yeah! I got what I could out of the quartermaster. Now why are you in disguise Frederic or maybe Anders and Orth isn't? Tell me what happened while I pass out the great bounty.
    after doing the quote fingers after saying "great bounty"; I start passing out what I gained for my troubles, unloading has much as possible.

Has anyone seen Robina?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Frederic, please be polite to the nice man on the horse who has us outnumbered and you surrounded.

Robina steps out and makes herself known.

Robina. Omega squad. Sir. We ran into some goblins on patrol and our colleagues are back in town getting some supplies before we go after them. If you would be so kind as to identify yourself Sir. Thank you.

She takes a look around, making no immediately hostile action but ready to cast if necessary

(1d20)[7](7)Diplomacy +7

[rollv]1d20[/rollv]Sense Motive +4
    Last edited by wilphe; 2018-06-02 at 02:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

[roll0]Sense Motive +4

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

(1d20)[17](17)Sense Motive +4

This soldier might or might not be in her chain of command, but he seems to know what he is doing and is so far reacting like she might expect. However it pays to be cautious
    Last edited by wilphe; 2018-06-02 at 02:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

so.. going to say the woodsman knew a place since i got ignored ..
    after seeing what Jon has ( which is 6 boxes of 3 rations each) Orth will send the woodsman to hopefully the cheap spot and use a bit of party gold ( 80gp currently) to buy
    -1 cart ( normal price is 15gp) (200lb ..MULE is dragging it)
    -1 mule ( normal price is 8gp) ( also can drag up to 3450lbs..like say on a cart )
    -6 days of feed ( 5cp each normally) ( 10lbs each)
    -rope, hemp 200ft ( 1gp per 50ft normally)( 10lbs/ 50ft)
    -10 torches ( 1cp each normally) (1lb each)
    -5 10-ft poles (2sp each normally) (8lbs each)
    -3 signal whistles (8sp each normally) (-lbs)
    -portable ram (10gp normally) (20lbs)
    -3 flint and steel ( 1gp each normally) (-lbs)
    -1 waterskin ( 1gp each normally) (4lbs)
    -1 crowbar (2gp normally) (5lbs)
    -2 bedrolls (2sp each normally) (5lbs each)
    -2 10ft ladder (5cp each normally) (20lbs each)
    -1 set of thieves tools ( 30gp normally) ( i assume a rogue would like to not take -2 on open lock or disable)
    total cost is = 78gp 3sp normally

ho, woodsman ..im sorry i never caught your name? ( insert name here) if you dont mind going to that cheap supply shop can you gather these items for us ? Orth asks Jon or Anders to write the list ( that is above) and pass it to woodsman that should be everything we need, although if you know we need something else just see how much it is and if we have enough for it get it ( aka DM if you feel i missed something important let me know) .... Oh here is the gold for the items Orth passes the party gold bag to woodsman and lets him know we will be waiting here in the MIDDLE of town for his return..hopefully ASAP

27. - Top - End - #147

ElfMonkGuy

eek Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

Sorry, asked the quartermaster and... well with this load, I wanted to make it back before everyone else wandered off. Wait that isn't Frederic or Ander?
    Quickly checks to see if there is extra sheets on the pen & paper pad they got for the missing persons' and jots down, the Orth list. Once finished, glances at all able bodies for a chance to speak and finally does the Orth list hand off.

28. - Top - End - #148

RangerGuy

Spoiler: JOA (Jon, Oorth, Anders)
    Show

at this point anders is arriving back to the middle of the village just as the woodsman is being asked to do some shopping.

X'Ivlir - Nay, i be none of these people. the name is X'Ivlir (Pron- Ziv-lire) And Aye, this is a very detailed list, i can get this from the market and i know a few people were i can get some of these supplies cheap... and some not, but ill get them.. its goin' to take me some time though. ill meet you back here when ive gathered the appropriate goods. He seems very direct and ready to get started. not dallying for anymore conversation he starts off for the market.

at this point Jon, Oorth, and Ander are free to wander about the immediate area straying to far away though could mean that they lose their tracker should he return when they are gone.

Spoiler: FR
    Show

Frederic tries to break the ice, and fails to do so epically as the jokes are not well received. Robina, comes down from her not so hidey hole. and introduces herself.

Soldier - Leans close to the man on the horse. Sir, what do we do? they aren't supposed to b-
    He is cut short in his conversation as the leader speaks up. as Robina's attempt to make everyone feel at ease fails.
    Commander - With a very stern look on his face he looks directly at robina, and then to Frederic , *your sense motive kicks in here. he is giving off a terrifying presence and you feel like things are about to go sideways fast. You two will now follow me, will you come into my chain of command for as long as i deem fit? From his tone you can tell he's not really asking.

Spoiler: Spot DC 10
    Show
    you notice the soldiers of the group are slowly placing their hands on their weapons...

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

(1d20)[12](12) Spot+0

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

You two will now follow me, will you come into my chain of command for as long as i deem fit?

I have orders from my sergeant, and I do not recognise you, neither have you introduced yourself. Therefore milord I must respectfully decline your request to put myself under your command.