New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

There are how many soldiers apart from the guy on the horse?

As it stands my mental map has her 50-60 feet off, Frederick trying to walk towards her and the soldiers surrounding him

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    spot (still with -2) (1d20)[3]
    Sense motive (1d20+2)[12]

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

*There are five soldiers including the mounted one. It's a squad about the size of your own.

Also your about 40 feet at this point from Frederic he's slowly waltzed his way back to you just a bit. But not much. Enough that your within range to not need a listen check to hear the soldiers and frederic.

Here's the setup.

2 soldiers on either side of frederic. Two to the side of the commander and the commander himself are infront of Frederic about 15 feet away. Robina is standing (at this point) to frederics right side about 40 feet away.

So to Robina there is one soldier in front of her at 30 feet infront of him is Frederic and behind him is the other soldier. The commander and the other two are about 60feet diagonally more or less from where you are.
    Last edited by CNFish; 2018-06-03 at 12:31 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

NVM, you updated
    Last edited by wilphe; 2018-06-03 at 12:34 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Frederic didn't saw that the soldiers grabbing their weapons, but being surrounded by armed man let him recognize that his joke wasn't his best.wohoho, everybody needs to calm down I guess! he raised his hands up high - he knew when it was time to hold ones horses. Five heavy armed soldiers vs two of them... no way.
    Excuse me if I stepped your toe, sir... general... sergeant - my friend is right: what's your name? And where should we follow you to?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Post Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

in response to "Nay, i be none of these people. the name is X'Ivlir (Pron- Ziv-lire)". I look at Orth with that off the screen of the tv scrunched up and sour face. Slowly turning back to X'Ivlir with a super fake everything is alright smile.

Well I guess religion really can change a man, Oh wait I just thought of one thing! A bag of holding. I know it seems improbable, but if we just drag all our supplies around it will attract beasts or persons of desperate hungers and violent means straight to us.

Jots bag of holding on the Orth list and finally hands it over.

7. - Top - End - #157

Orth gives a forced laugh and scratches bag of holding off ( tearing the paper right above the last squiggle since he cant read) ha! Jon is such a joker ...if you found a bag of holding for only the remaining party gold id be highly suspicious considering the immense price of one normally,..anyways thanks for your HELP in TRACKING our quarry and getting our supplies Xlvlir we really COULD NOT do it without you..and as long as we dont hear a piercing signal whistle we will remain in this area..otherwise we will most likely be near the ( insert correct gate from earlier)

8. - Top - End - #158

ElfMonkGuy

d20 Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

looks to see if a clearing (hopefully the one that I tried to point out early that wasn't even a DC 10 to spot) in our direction of travel has any signs of movement or the last members of our party. Then looks to see if any other party member is coming towards us.
    Then once the woodsman X is a considerable distance away from us and in a serious voice.

So, he really is the guy you hired on? Then that means, everyone else is on the trails towards the mountains without us. X'Ivlir, if he really does have market contacts...I wonder if he knows which ones are using less traveled paths to avoid robber-barons and king toll roads that the hobgoblin forces could have followed.

(1d20+2)[4] spot the clearing that I tried to point out earlier
    (1d20+2)[22] spot for movement in clearing
    (1d20+2)[12] spot the rest of the team coming to the hobgoblins

(OOC: I'm looking outside / over first the boundary area nearest to the hobgoblins; then I'm looking inside)
    Last edited by JonMarker2; 2018-06-03 at 08:44 AM. Reason: pronouns

9. - Top - End - #159

Orth looks at Jon fairly confused by this point
    pardon my langauge..but what in the 9 hells are you talking about? We have been in town looking for supplies and a tracker this whole time and when i find someone who is not puss drunk and actually useful you are downright rude to him.
    Yes he i the guy who is guna help us, and as far as i know ROBINA and FREDERIC are still by the tree/ burning bodies waiting for the 2 hours to be up before frederic at least leaves without us into the mountains.
    Now unless something unexpected happens and we hear a whistle I see no reason for us to leave the town center where we are untill he comes back with something at least

Orth takes a deep breath realizing this is the most he has said in quite a bit then decides to glance over at Anders to see if he has any additional input / or if he learned anything in the time he was gone ( sorry Anders putting you on the spot lol)
    Edit : OOC ..CNFish how long has it been since we went back to town
    Last edited by finaldooms; 2018-06-03 at 01:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160

ElfMonkGuy

frown Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

I apologize, but I thought either Frederic or Ander (when I didn't look back) had to run to us for a reason and another thing happened, so the one I thought you were with was one of us in disguise. It was really strange to find someone that we needed in such a short time, so...you see once I get an idea stuck in my head. It wasn't being rude...just thinking that since it wasn't a disguised Ander; and Frederic was maybe a divine class, he needed a way to get to us and had a divine intervention after his prayers, because something big is going to happen. Doesn't seem it, but due to peoples' deaths hanging around me, I get worried and well for that... Better to get all of it out and clear the air, before even more happens. Basically sometimes it is better to look at a whole painting, in context, but sometimes you get swept away by the way it is painted.

Full finger taps his own skull.

Up here is full of worry and linear thoughts. Again I apologize to you, and then once X'Ivlir gets back.Who knows, maybe He'll get a hoot out of everything.

Throws hands up in air.

11. - Top - End - #161

RangerGuy

Spoiler: FR
    Show

Drake - Drake. My name's Drake. Lieutenant of alpha squad. We heard reports that there was some trouble makers out this way and we were to take care of them. Now shall you follow us or do I need to arrest you on charges of insubordination? he gets off his horse, and you can tell from his stature that he has a powerful prescence. This man has seen alot of battles.
    Spoiler: INT DC 12
    Show
    you know that charges of insubordination wouldn't stand. He's not your direct commander and thus has no real power to order you.

Spoiler: JAO
    Show

Some 10 minutes has passed since the woodsman left. And about 40 minutes total have passed since you re entered the village.

Jons social awkwardness causes him to embarrass himself infront of their new companion. As Anders and oorth look on seemingly. It's only been a few minutes but the time feels like an hour. Waiting around has that effect. There is a pond close by though with small wildlife traipsing about in their tiny environment that gives the players some complacency to unwind as they wait.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

(1d20)[11] Int check

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Show
    Intelligence check: (1d20)[8]

Spoiler: Edit
    Show
    I didn't made the check. Oh dumb and blind Frederic.
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-06-03 at 11:09 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

Spoiler: robina
    Show
    if the int check was a 12 they made it, robina forgot to add int bonus to the roll +3 for a total of 14

Orth passes the time waiting for Anders to gather his thoughts by looking into the pond and thinking back on how his current life is so vastly different than his childhood..and then gives a wild looking grin as he recalls the fight that set him on the path to unlocking his inner beast

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Yes Lieutenant. Two members of Omega squad on perimeter patrol encountered and killed three goblinoids. A note was found on their bodies indicating that they were ordered to probe the south perimeter for weaknesses, report back ASAP and under no circumstances make contact with any guards. Also something about "Grakdo" having a plan that relied upon surprise and the cooperation of his hostages.

She pauses to let that sink in

We believe that the reference to hostages may be connected with the recent missing persons around town and my squadmates pushed for immediate followup. However I ran back to find our sergeant and report this intelligence and our intentions.

Our sergeant ordered us to follow up and said Alpha would be here shortly.

Upon my return from that my squadmates have gone into town for supplies and a tracker. We were due to wait for them here another hour sir. Correct Frederick?

She fingers her whistle

You would like me to bring the rest of the squad back here sir?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

[QUOTE=finaldooms;23123694]
    Spoiler: robina
    Show
    if the int check was a 12 they made it, robina forgot to add int bonus to the roll +3 for a total of 14

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I was away from the computer and didn't have the sheet to hand

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Robina, does this mean the Alphas here should follow us, since they are here, because we ordered them? he said silently, but loud enough for everyone to here

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    As per OOC thread

Reasoning:

Alpha team were going to follow us up anyway, and the chances are that that would be led by someone who outranks us.

Therefore when that happened we would lose our autonomy, all that's happened is that that has happened sooner than planned

So assuming that the Lieutenant is on the level, which we will find out soon, Robina has no objection to doing what he wants

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

I don't think the Lieutenant came here to take orders from us Frederick, or even discuss that possibility.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I know, I know. But you managed reinforcement for us. And since we were here, defending the gate from spying goblinoids, Omega should lead. I know this will not happen, but it would be funny.

But Alpha or Omega, who cares as long as we can defend our home!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Andres had spent some time writing in his journal and a little more playing with his Familiar. Now he was looking glumly into the pond, concerned about their missing citizens and frankly bored dur to the guides delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

22. - Top - End - #172

ElfMonkGuy

Jon, Starting at the pond has 12 noon, right has 3, left has 9 and 6 has the back. A cursory over view off the nearby market place that is within view.

Criteria:
    1) Looks cleaner than then rest of the surrounding area and I can tell that from where I am at
    2) Looks as if it is selling better products than the surrounding stores
    3) Is NOT a pawn shop
    4) May have a name that should be connected with the missing people

(OOC: taking a 10 to look over the nearby market place or what I can see of it for the above criteria)
    After looking over the market place view:

Hey Orth and Ander, look since I'm just going to be a bother here, I should get back to Frederic and anyone with him to say we got what we could. Do you want me to bring anything to them?

23. - Top - End - #173

RangerGuy

Spoiler: FR
    Show

I'm taking that as you guys are submitting to the leituinates command, if not let me know and we will just ignore this whole bit.

Drake - She's right, now fall in-line. we have business to attend to. The LT Then moves to get back up on his horse, as an underling approaches him

Spoiler: listen DC 14
    Show
    In a hushed tone you can barely make out what the two are talking about.
    Soldier - Sir, these are not our orders-
    Drake - Quite, welp. i make the orders around here, i haven't strayed from the plan, everything will happen as is supposed to happen.

Drake - Leans in closer to the soldier, grabbing his breastplate and says in a very stern way. Now Fall in Line Welp.. we're moving out now.

As Alpha squad moves forward the groups order is as follows. the LT who has a companion soldier to his right.. (Guess you could call him, his 'right' hand man....) with Robina and Frederic in the middle, with two soldiers on either side of them and one behind.

Spoiler: WIS DC 12
    Show
    The group is moving with haste and you realize, they (being the soldiers and LT) never stopped to check for tracks or anything. and yet your moving towards the south mountain at pace..

Spoiler: JOA
    Show

Jon stands at the mouth of the pond, and looks around trying to get a better sense of the market scene, however his view is blocked by a slew of residential buildings that belong to families, the market is some few minutes walk beyond that, this is where the woodsman would've gone off to, and yet, he still hasn't returned. he stares on for a good minute before speaking up to the rest of the group.
    Last edited by CNFish; 2018-06-04 at 12:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    listen (with -2) (1d20)[1]
    Wisdom (1d20+2)[22]

Spoiler: EDIT
    Show
    What? A 1 followed by a 20? Frederic may be blind, deaf and dumb. But oh boy he knows where south is -_-

Come on Robina, we're having the same goal. And so we could fight more goblinoids! Frederic said. And then he said out loud, but more to himself They know where we wanted to go, without asking us anything or even look for tracks...
    Then he shouts out while pointing to the right side (where nothing special is to see): HEY! WHAT'S THAT OVER THERE? and at the moment where the others are looking far away, he dropped the rope with the knot.
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-06-04 at 01:41 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

(1d20)[15] Listen+1
    (1d20)[1] Wis +0

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Robina will fall in her place and keep moving

27. - Top - End - #177

RangerGuy

What? A 1 followed by a 20? Frederic may be blind, deaf and dumb. But oh boy he knows where south is -_-
    lololol isn't that the beauty of DND though?

anyways your going to need a Sleight of hand roll or a bluff roll (whichever is higher for you.)
    Last edited by CNFish; 2018-06-04 at 02:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Looking around her, Robina is going to observe the equipment, setup and general demeanour of those around here. Apart from the purely physical, what armour, weapons and gear are they carrying, she's also interested how they carry themselves, how professional they look, their mood and what that says about their dynamics.

The Lieutenant for example likes to manage his squad rather roughly, is there any sign they resent that?

It's also relevant how many of them if any have missile weapons in case she needs to get away, and what survival gear they have with them

Take 20 on both Spot (at base 0) and Sense Motive (at base 4) because she has plenty of time

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CNFish View Post
    lololol isn't that the beauty of DND though?

anyways your going to need a Sleight of hand roll or a bluff roll (whichever is higher for you.)
    Show
    Then bluff! Frederic is a bit charismatic at least (1d20+2)[10]

30. - Top - End - #180

ElfMonkGuy

*If I have realized the blockage before the end of a ten count, then I will try to re-adjust to a street / street position that looks down to the market, before anyone speaks up*
    If someone speaks up, I act like I am cowed and hang on their words until it is time to carry them out.