New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

Spoiler: FR
    Show

Robina approaches GX and through her friendliness gets GX to open up about his life. he spins a yarn of his hopes and dreams and why he serves in the guard, because of family tradition. he continues by further exploring his family situation and how that his service to the guard is placing a strain on his marriage and relationship with his son. when the conversation turns to the LT he goes on about how the whole squad respects the LT highly but he cannot fathom why because he is super brash and regularly places his team in harms way. he recounts a story about how the LT almost got he entire squad wiped over a piece of intelligence that amounted to nothing more than a stash of gold, and not even a large amount either.

if trying to inquire about where the LT and the squad is headed GX responds with knowning nothing to little as the missions are always kept secret between he LT and his right hand man. his job is just to attack.

Spoiler: JOA
    Show

Everyone sits in kind of a stark silence at the information that has been presented by X, its kind of a lot to take in, not to mention it could all be the fabrication of an aging mind from an old adventurer, perhaps there friends really did just meetup with another squad and press on. though the latter thought hangs on their minds like a boulder, its no longer telling if their comrades are even alive if everything X presented is true. nonetheless Jon tries to break the stale air and the sound of the storm outside by offering his ability to forge documents.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you for your company. Good night.

Robina will return to Frederick, settle down and resume their low key conversation Ok, you want out of here? I trust your instincts. Let's wait a bit for people to settle down and I will neutralise our friend outside. Unless you have a better plan?

Sleep with Cloaked Casting will have a DC of 15, which she'll go ahead with if Frederick is ok with it

3. - Top - End - #213

in case we have corrupt guard im glad your leading us to catch them ahead of time X...
    And Jon,Robina had the letter last that i can recall so it would be a little hard tracing it..plus why would we be giving a letter to hobgoblins?

Aside from that Orth is content to finish the trip in silence

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Robina
    Thank you for your company. Good night. Ok, you want out of here? I trust your instincts. Let's wait a bit for people to settle down and I will neutralise our friend outside. Unless you have a better plan?
    na, go ahead. Curious what you will do.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Post Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

I would like to write like the Hobgoblins in order to make people think it was the boss hobgoblin's ideas at work, should it really turn out to be guards being the problem as X said; we can just play naive personal messengers and walk away; or if I have the chance to switch, copy, and / or fake a document to send a detachment away from our village's townsfolk and send said detachment straight into the abyss. Would you hesitate to send the overwhelming numbers of a weak opponent to the abyss, so you can take the strongest head to head, hand in hand, heart next to heart (or however you say that expression) Would YOU! Falter at a chance like that?

after half a second of mumbling exactly what was just said to himself, hoping he used the right expression and a big breath.

So I ask again, does the scrawl look like the scrawl you saw on the note or do I need more practice?

Going for a peacock of pride in work look.

6. - Top - End - #216

RangerGuy

Show

Jon since you don't have the document to create a duplicate that would mock the sentencing structure and what knot you, Make a DC 13 INT Check since you know how to speak goblin, it would rely on smarts to keep the structuring of the sentencing correct. and then a DC 18 Forgery check, however you get a plus 8 since you seen a similar order via the rulebook.
    To forge a document on which the handwriting is not specific to a person (military orders, a government decree, a business ledger, or the like), you need only to have seen a similar document before, and you gain a +8 bonus on your check..

Show
    Frederic steps away as Robina prepares her spell to cast, GX and the Door Guard are both caught in the spell.

GX - (1d20)[9]
    DG - [roll[1d20[/roll]

7. - Top - End - #217

RangerGuy

*re-rolling DG since I screwed up the BB Code

DG - [roll0]

8. - Top - End - #218

RangerGuy

one more time for good measure dang it....

DG - (1d20)[3]

9. - Top - End - #219

RangerGuy

Show

Both Guard fall asleep, theres nothing standing between you and a hasty escape... except a storm...

10. - Top - End - #220

ElfMonkGuy

d20 Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

DC 13 int (1d20+2)[8]
    DC 18 forge (1d20+11)[24]
    +3 in skill forgery +8 bonus total = 11

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Both Guard fall asleep, there's nothing standing between you and a hasty escape... except a storm...

Robina bows to Frederick, After you sir. Please keep an eye on those two whilst I fix our ride.

She steps outside and casts Dancing Lights so she can see what she's doing, then hurriedly tacks up the Lieutenant's horse if she thinks she can do so in the time she has, if not she will just take it with them as is.

Ok let's go, back the way we came and find the others?

12. - Top - End - #222

RangerGuy

Show

you'll need a number of rolls here. Tacking the horse and otherwise getting it ready to ride souls take longer than the spell duration of sleep. You could cut the rope of the horse and try guiding it away from there but you'll need to succeed on a handle animal check DC 13, and regardless of what happens you'll need a DC 15 survival check to keep from getting lost because of the storm. Robina since she studied the trail as best she could gets a +2 bonus.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Realising this will take too long, Robina just cuts the horse's rope. She will slash the girth on the saddle, and take the bridle with her and throw it behind a bush after a couple of hundred yards.

Best direction? Back the way we came. However any direction is better than staying here

(1d20)[6](6)Survival +2
    Last edited by wilphe; 2018-06-08 at 08:41 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

which way? Ahm, lets go he looks around [survival check (1d20+2)[12] ] I have no idea. Guess we were coming from this way? he points to the left side (with the shed in his back)
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-06-08 at 08:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

I have no idea. Guess we were coming from this way?

Anywhere but here is good. Let's go.

She looks upwards at the sky

Bit of wet never hurt anybody; said the guy who'd never fought a water elemental

So, put some distance between themselves and the shack that is hopefully in the right direction and then look for somewhere to hole up for the night

(1d20)[2] Survival

16. - Top - End - #226

For the sake of not getting confused..ima spoiler untill we find the others
    Spoiler: orth party!
    Show
    did we hole up for the storm? And how long did we travel?
    here Jon let me,see....yup seems like a bunch of squiggles to me..robina read the letter to me/us so i dont know what it should look like..plus i dont reaf goblin ...although im slowly making out the list you wrote to X earlier...
    ...wait!! Guys i can read!!! All the learning in school couldn't teach me and a few hours with yall awakened my talent!!
    Orth is rather pleased to have learned how to reaf in such a short time finally( years of school did nothing! !) hey X..how long till we hit the meet up point? Although with this storm i wouldnt be surprised if thry sought shelter for the time being

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by finaldooms View Post
    For the sake of not getting confused..ima spoiler untill we find the others
    Spoiler: orth party!
    Show
    did we hole up for the storm? And how long did we travel?

Post 196 I think
    *Moving this way helps shave off about a half hour of the time between you and your comrades. before being forced to hunker down in a small bears cave (abandonded) for the rest of the night.

I think you got to the site with the goblins about an hour or 90 minutes after we left, so we should all be fairly close now

If Frederick and Robina don't wander off in a completely different direction of course...
    Last edited by wilphe; 2018-06-08 at 09:21 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228

ElfMonkGuy

Post Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

a quick sweep to what is in and near the cave (staying close to present company) and a glance at the storm to see how bad it is / getting, long enough to give the party time to do a good look at my forgery.

Well...It is in goblin after all, some of the words are more like drawings than actual words. Still if it isn't worded and drawn right, it could be pretty bad. Still if it looks good on paper, then we may not have to deal with a lot of hassles. So what do you think?

*If I need to speak up about something I saw after everyone has had a chance to appraise / critic my writing work, I do so now and after a breath I add.*

If you wish, I could try to teach you all what I remember of how to write goblin? as we go along.

19. - Top - End - #229

RangerGuy

Spoiler: welcome to the game of chances
    Show

Frederic and Robina waste no time. They easily start heading in the right direction from whence they came but are quickly finding the trail harder and harder to navigate and end up lost. At this time the guards are waking up and noticing they are missing. It'll take them a moment to organize in the storm but not long.

Frederic and Robina are the next constants on the game of luck where all outcomes are decided soley by chance.

Being lost you change direction rather quickly and decide that any amount of space placed between them and their pursuers is good space. Though not all paths lead to freedom.

Using the cardinal points on a compass F&R will head in the direction of: (1d100)[66]
    1-12 - N
    13-25 - NE
    26-38- E (cliff - what? It'd be no fun without some iminent danger lol)
    39-51-SE
    52-64- S
    65-77- Sw (the direction of the LT)
    78-90- W
    90-100 - NW (the direction of JOA)

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Well hopefully we will realise that once the shouting and swearing starts

(1d20)[1] Survival to attempt to aid Frederick because he is better at this than me

(1d20)[13]Listen +2

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Kord, help me, be my guid! Frederic raises a fist after realizing that they were kind of lost and made a prayer. He tried to remember where they come from or if he had seen these rocks over there et cetera.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Survival check. With Kords help = level 0 spell guidance +1 (1d20+3)[21]

Spoiler: EDIT
    Show
    If 21 is enough to know that we are running back to LE, he will turn 180°, take Robina by the hand and runrunrunrun
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-06-08 at 12:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232

RangerGuy

Show

X - yeah. The structuring is a little off there son. I've been around goblins most of my days. Made it a point to rid the hills around the village of them when I were younger... Looking at this. It just looks a little too human. But it's not bad. Maybe a smaller number of grunts would pass it off as real orders but any goblin in his weight wouldn't be taken so easily... And your right oorth if your friends are still alive they and their captors must've holed up somewhere. Only a crazy person would be out in this storm.

Show
    Robina can hear the faint notion of bickering coming from beyond the treeline however before she can say anything Frederic realizes their mistake and that they are actually heading back the same way. The two hoped to put distance between them but it's only narrowing at this point. He grabs Robinas hand and starts bolting the other direction ((1d100)[17] see above to see where you are running. If LT again I'll reroll.)

23. - Top - End - #233

ElfMonkGuy

Question Re: A Test of your Prowers, The Endless Guantlet

In a barraged fashion:
    The storm is getting worse? Do you think we could tell the horse's tracks if the rest of them get washed away and if not is there any known shelters towards the mountains? If it gets so bad out there, wouldn't animals and others try to come in here? I really didn't pack anything to alert us if anything came in here. Do we have a bell in the gear you got? We have plenty of rope for a trip cord, but not much that makes noise, plus we just ate, so the smell of food is here. I got out of the sewers to AVOID vermin...umm never-mind.

Trying to spot a small ditch like area to at least put a big rock a top of to make a trash can (1d20+2)[18]

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I still don't know where we are running, but the other way was back to our new friends. Maybe they are unhappy that we left the party so fast... Frederic said while running.

25. - Top - End - #235

RangerGuy

While Frederic and Robina run aimelessly through the woods a cry from Frederic hits the god of storms, a loud rumble of thunder sounds off that can be heard across the land. As Frederic runs he notices (and only he) symbols of the god marked on the trees they seem to be leading away from where he is running
    Last edited by CNFish; 2018-06-08 at 09:47 PM. Reason: I suck at grammar and sentence structuring

26. - Top - End - #236

Spoiler: Orth party
    Show
    well we are crazy appre tly habaha...and if any critters wander it it just means more food for us later.. You ok anders? Youve been pretty quiet this whole time

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Robina will stay right by Ferderick, because he seems to know where he is going.

I still don't know where we are running, but the other way was back to our new friends. Maybe they are unhappy that we left the party so fast...

They should consider themselves lucky I didn't slit all their throats and/or burn the place down around them she says, you're not entirely sure if she is joking, At least if we do meet them again we will have the advantage of mobilty

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Oh I'm sure you will find some time for showing them your strength! Can you imagine how LT is really pissed and running after us because his horse is gone? HAHAHAHA

Hey Robina! Over here! This has to be the right way!

Frederic saw some divine signs, they must have been sent by the Brawler himself! He grabbed Robinas hand - again - and turned around the corner, following the route.

Wherever they will lead us, Kord shows us the way! Frederic was excited what will happen: maybe some point in the landscape with strategical favor for the fight against the Alphas? The route to the remaining Omegas? A shelter from the storm? Who knows...
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-06-09 at 07:37 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239

Just for the hell of,it i guess...

Orth looks outside briefly and mutters a soft prayer to his god Kord
    oh mighty Kord, he whom smites dragons from thr sky and slays giants barehanded..or even bear-handed...
    Grant the omega squad your blessing ans guide our aim to be true whether its in combat or finding our missing members to enhance our strengths..also if you could tone down the storm just a tad so i can actually see outside the cave i will take that as a bonus..but no rush on that part

Spot check to see how much im hated!
    (1d20+1)[21]

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Wherever they will lead us, Kord shows us the way!

Show you the way. I can't see anything., Robina will keep running and trust in Frederick