New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default They're making a movie about Tag

Yes. The childhood game Tag. They're turning it into a film.

Not much to say about this other than Bojack Horseman beat them to the punch:

Spoiler: Minor Bojack Horseman Spoilers...maybe
    Show

Vincent Adultman should sue!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: They're making a movie about Tag

I remember seeing a trailer for this film in the theaters a month or two ago. Here it is for the curious among us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Jad4oMt_E

Doesn't look bad. Might be worth a few chuckles. Honestly, there are a lot worse concepts out there.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk Mecha View Post
    I remember seeing a trailer for this film in the theaters a month or two ago. Here it is for the curious among us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Jad4oMt_E

Doesn't look bad. Might be worth a few chuckles.
    Well Jeremy Renner is a great actor.

Honestly, there are a lot worse concepts out there.
    You mean like live-action The Lion King.

Honestly live-action The Lion King sounds like (a)a paradox to make a robot's brain explode or (b)a zen riddle with no answer.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

My data speed is donked. Is it cursed demon tag, and all the teenagers die one by one when they get tagged?
    I do not think the way you think. If you try to apply your own mindset to the things I say, there will be miscommunications. If something I say seems odd to you or feels like it's missing steps, ask for clarification. I'm not some unreasonable, unknowable entity beyond your mortal comprehension, I'm just autistic and have memory problems.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    My data speed is donked. Is it cursed demon tag, and all the teenagers die one by one when they get tagged?
    That sounds cool, but no, it's a comedy about adults bonding through frat traditions. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    No. This film is a comedy...or at least it's supposed to be. Your idea though - give it like five years. After Truth or Dare anything can be a horror movie in theory.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

I'll give this one a pass. (As in: it passes, it's allowed, not as in I'm passing, not interested.) It's an idea that works because people know what tag is and have fond memories of it, and it's about playing tag. This in contrast to say Battleship, which was not about the game nor about the world portrayed by the game. It just had this one weird scene where they tried to mimic the mechanics, but not with enough humor about it to be fun in the way that a dungeons and dragons character complaining about the fumbles rules right after skewering himself on his own blade again would be fun. They should just have done what the Asylum ripoff did and make a movie about a battleship, completely forgetting the game exists. But tag seems kind of fun.

Not having seen Truth or Dare it sounds like it's most likely an overmarketed cash in like Paranormal Activity, and honestly it doesn't sound like the best gimmick to make people believe could actually be supernaturally dangerous. Even the Ouija board at least has been associated with creepy stuf before. But cheap horror is allowed to be cheesy, so who knows, it could actually be fun.

(I have nothing against people making money, it just seems like such a shame that the coolest horror gems often spend years buried under crap before they gain any sort of real attention even among fans, and are therefor hard to find when you're looking for them, while big studios who market their very average products like they are A-movies get the spotlight. I'd be fine with them making money if the good stuff also got shined upon.)
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2018-05-14 at 04:24 AM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Some Android View Post
    No. This film is a comedy...or at least it's supposed to be. Your idea though - give it like five years. After Truth or Dare anything can be a horror movie in theory.
    So you never saw IT FOLLOWS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly live-action The Lion King sounds like (a)a paradox to make a robot's brain explode or (b)a zen riddle with no answer.
    I think it makes more sense to view it as a CGI remake of a animated film, which doesn't sound that odd. The 2016 Jungle Book was an improvement over Disney's first attempt. Heck even the 90s live action variant was passable.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    So you never saw IT FOLLOWS?
    STD-demon wasn't that great, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Spoiler: When early morn walks forth in sober grey. - William Blake
    Show
    Oft when the summer sleeps among the trees,
    Whispering faint murmurs to the scanty breeze,
    I walk the village round; if at her side
    A youth doth walk in stolen joy and pride,
    I curse my stars in bitter grief and woe,
    That made my love so high and me so low.

O should she e'er prove false, his limbs I'd tear
    And throw all pity on the burning air;
    I'd curse bright fortune for my mixed lot,
    And then I'd die in peace, and be forgot.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

I just had an image of a group of furries putting on a Hamlet production.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    I just had an image of a group of furries putting on a Hamlet production.
    Now I just had an image of a group of furries putting on an Oedipus production.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Strangely enough, I was just watching a movie in which a game of tag is pretty much the central plot driver.

https://youtu.be/mAr_H0zwkHU
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

In terms of Horror versions of tag, Fallen with Denzel Washington also comes to mind.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

My first thought about horror based tag stories is "Wasn't there a Goosebumps about that?"