New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Working on Animaton Projects - Kindly Seeking Feedback

I'm working on two animation projects and would like feedback on them. I'll try and explain this as best I can. There are two projects: let's call them Project A and Project B. There are two potential things I can do with Project A. I will show examples of both options for Project A: Option 1 and Option 2. Please let me know with option you think is better for Project A.

Project B I can do three things with: Option 1, Option 2, and Option 3. This is basically the same scenario with Project A. Just tell me which one you like the best, except could you also tell me which one you like second best, and which one you like least.

Hope that's easy enough to understand. So...

Project A
    Spoiler
    Show
    Option 1:
    Spoiler
    Show

Option 2:
    Spoiler
    Show

The only difference with these two is the speed in which the background movies. I just want to know which seems more natural.

Project B
    Spoiler
    Show
    Option 1:
    Spoiler
    Show

Option 2:
    Spoiler
    Show

Option 3:
    Spoiler
    Show

ONE OTHER IMPORTANT THING!!! In Project B the rotating cubes will be spinning and flying towards the camera like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

I just want to know in which way they should spin as they come towards the camera.

So that about sums it up. Thanks for any advice!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Working on Animaton Projects - Kindly Seeking Feedback

I'm not an animator, but maybe it would help to ask what is the purpose of these scenes? I personally find options 2 and 3 of project B a little disorienting...Which might be more suitable for surreal works but not others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    I'm not an animator, but maybe it would help to ask what is the purpose of these scenes? I personally find options 2 and 3 of project B a little disorienting...Which might be more suitable for surreal works but not others.
    "Disorienting" in a bad way? There isn't really a purpose to these other than make something sort of uncanny valley like. Like these are two dimensional images/animations but I really want it to feel like 3D space. I'm basically trying to animate geometrical shapes at 60 FPS to create something sort of cool looking...like an animated M.C. Escher painting if that makes any sense.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, in that case, I don't think the disorientation is necessarily a bad thing if you are going for the more surreal/uncanny. Perhaps try...Option A for the first to really show off the graphics? In fact, maybe you should adjust the speed last, depending on your animation method.

Personally, I like option C for the second idea, since it seems like they are going at different speeds and rotations. Looks a bit more varied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Well, in that case, I don't think the disorientation is necessarily a bad thing if you are going for the more surreal/uncanny. Perhaps try...Option A for the first to really show off the graphics? In fact, maybe you should adjust the speed last, depending on your animation method.

Personally, I like option C for the second idea, since it seems like they are going at different speeds and rotations. Looks a bit more varied.
    'Kay thanks!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Well thats as brief as it could get.
    Be more specific im interested

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by zuberitalal View Post
    Well thats as brief as it could get.
    Be more specific im interested
    I'm not sure how much more specific I could get. I'm just wondering which ones in each set looks the best or is most visually pleasing/interesting. I might do something more with these, but for the time being I'm just trying to make something that looks cool at 60 FPS that looks for infinity.

Again kind of like an animated M.C. Escher painting.

Quote Originally Posted by mila.22 View Post
    "Success doesn't come to you. You go to it!"
    What? Huh? I don't understand what you mean. Could you rephrase that or elaborate?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello

Seems that Option 2 from Project A looks more natural. The speed is quite ok and the influence on the perception is not interfering with the general purpose.
    As for Project B, the Option 2 is the best, and I like Option 3 the least.
    Hope the feedback helps. Good luck with your projects!

David
    Last edited by davidglines; 2018-06-28 at 12:19 AM.