New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Othniel's Ironfang Invasion II

Fort Trevalay

The remaining lizards moved in for the kill, unceremoniously stepping over the body of their fallen companion.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    L3 moves up to Aidan, triggering an AoO from Ulva. If it dies to the AoO, apply the following attack roll to L1 as it moves up behind to also attack Aidan.

Bite: (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage: (2d6+5)[9]
    Confirm? (1d20+9)[12]
    Damage: (2d6+5)[12]

Previous thread
    Last edited by Othniel; 2018-05-27 at 05:19 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Othniel's Ironfang Invasion II

Hacking the chaging lizards legs off, Ulva continued to brutally assault the lone surviving reptile.

Spoiler: Full Haste Attack
    Show

L1:(1d20+14)[21]
    Damage:(1d10+16)[20]

L1:(1d20+14)[22]
    Damage:(1d10+16)[19]

L1:(1d20+9)[18]
    Damage:(1d10+16)[26]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Fort Trevalay

With the last of the tower occupants slain or (in the case of the pigs) fled, the Fangbreakers set to looting! Cirieo, meanwhile, borrowed the set of keys from the body of the warpriest, and pushed open the northern door on the bottom level of the tower. Inside, the group discovered the remaining Chernasardo Rangers who had garrisoned Fort Trevalay, fourteen in all and led by a broad, hatchet-faced man with the look of experince by the name of Cobb Greenleaf. To a one, they were all in varying states of injury or malnutrition, but they were ecstatic to see that Ibzairiak and the Ironfang had been slain.

Spoiler: LOOT
    Show
    On the bodies of the hobgoblin soldiers:

11 x Potion of cure moderate wounds
    11 x Mwk breastplate
    11 x Mwk light steel shield
    11 x Composite longbow (+2 Str)
    220 x arrows
    11 x Glaive
    11 x Mwk battleaxe
    11 x Cloak of resistance +1
    11 x Each of the following: Backpack, bedroll, signal whistle, waterskin

On the bodies of the 3 rangers:

6 x Fervor juice
    6 x Smokesticks
    6 x Thunderstones
    3 x +1 chain shirt
    3 x Composite longbow (+3 Str)
    60 x arrows
    3 x Mwk light pick
    3 x Mwk longsword
    3 x Cloak of resistance +1
    3 x Each of the following: Backpack, belt pouch, blanket, flint and steel, holly and mistletoe, mess kit, spell component pouch, tindertwigs (5), trail rations (5), waterskin
    55gp

On the body of the Gunslinger:

2 x Potion of cure serious wounds
    1 x Potion of invisibility
    50 x Alchemical cartridge (dragon’s breath)
    20 x Alchemical cartridge (entangling shot)
    20 x Alchemical cartridge (flare)
    50 x Alchemical cartridge (paper)
    1 x +1 light fortification studded leather
    1 x +1 reliable dragon pistol
    1 x Mwk longsword
    1 x Mwk musket
    1 x Belt of incredible dexterity +2
    1 x Deathwatch eyes
    1 x Ring of protection +1
    181 gp

On the body of the commander:

4 x Oils of magic weapon
    1 x Potion of bear’s endurance
    1 x Potions of bull’s strength
    1 x Potion of cure moderate wounds
    1 x Potion of invisibility
    4 x Alchemist’s fire
    1 x +1 breastplate
    5 x Mwk javelins
    1 x Mwk two-bladed sword
    1 x Cloak of resistance +1
    1 x Bandolier
    1 x Keyring (with 4 keys)

On the body of the warpriest:

1 x Feather token (whip)
    5 x Alchemist’s fire (5)
    1 x +1 scale mail
    1 x Mwk buckler
    1 x Mwk light flail
    1 x Bottle of whiskey (20 gp)
    1 x Silver unholy symbol of Hadregash (worth 25 gp)
    1 x Adamantine chain necklace (worth 100 gp)
    1 x Key to the tower cells

On the body of the druid:

2 x Antiplague
    1 x Troll oil
    1 x Mwk lamellar armor
    1 x Mwk scimitar
    1 x Mwk sling
    1 x Amulet of natural armor +2
    1 x Beast-bond brand
    1 x Druid’s vestment
    1 x Gardening shears, holly, mistletoe, spell component pouch

Amongst the filth of the pig area:

121 gp
    1 x +1 returning dart
    1 x Potion of sanctuary
    A scroll tube containing a scroll of black tentacles and a scroll of fly

On the body of the troll:

1 x Wand of charm animal (27 charges)
    1 x Padded armor
    1 x Headband of alluring charisma +2
    1 x set of animal calls (cougar, roc, weasel, and wolf)
    4 x Animal harnesses
    1 x Canvas ball
    1 x Veterinarian’s kit

In the troll's area:

3 x Whips
    1 x +1 magical-beast-bane whip

On the bodies of the monks:

2 x Potions of barkskin
    2 x Potions of cure moderate wounds
    2 x Antitoxin (2)
    5 x Daggers
    2 x Ring of protection +1
    2 x Etched copper-and-iron bracers (worth 125 gp each)

In the War Room:

1 x Stylized dragon figurine is a variant bronze griffon figurine of wondrous power (charges currently depleted - will take 5 days to recharge)

In Jang's quarters:

1 x Polymorphic Pouch containing
    1 x Incense of Meditation
    (Fuzzy already looted these)

Ibzairiak’s hoard is scattered at the bottom of his shallow pool. It consists of the following:

232 cp, 2,114 sp, 4,128 gp
    1 x +1 shock bastard sword
    1 x +1 light crossbow
    1 x Belt of incredible dexterity +2
    1 x Potion of hide from animals
    2 x Potions of fly
    1 x Wand of fireball (16 charges)
    1 x Wand of summon monster II (22 charges)
    1 x Massive black pearl (worth 650 gp)
    1 x Golden manticore statue (worth 110 gp)
    1 x Set of six silver dice (worth 75 gp)
    1 x Gold holy symbol of Abadar (worth 100 gp)
    1 x Silver scepter etched with eagles (worth 125 gp)
    1 x Set of silver wind chimes embossed with writhing serpents (worth 60 gp)
    1 x Bent lance that once pierced Ibzairiak’s chest (broken and worthless)

The Amulet of Mighty Fists that Ibzairiak was wearing is worth 4000gp on its own, but due to the remarkable quality of the jewels set in the chain, it is worth an additional 3000gp.

You also gain another 1320 XP each for freeing the prisoners.
    Last edited by Othniel; 2018-05-18 at 09:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Fear.

Safety was down. Down in the bosom of the earth. The comforting darkness of rock and stone would protect Torg from the terrible dragon menace. Deeper and deeper he glided, like a fish through a lightless pond, until finally he returned to his senses. Disoriented, but relying on his innate dwarven sense of direction while underground, the druid made his way back toward the surface, hoping against hope that his allies had survived.

By the time he returned up through the ground and the walls of the tower, he found his companions standing triumphantly over the corpse of the slain dragon, examining some loot and speaking with Cirieo. The small lump of animate earth emerged from a wall, only to transform into a sheepish, but also quite relieved, Torg.

"Ack, it's good to see you're all okay. And the dragon slain!
    ...I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. A fear that cut right to the bone... I'm not sure how much help I would'a been otherwise. That beast seemed to resist my magic."

When Cirieo discovered the small group of surviving rangers, the dwarf was quick to administer aid. Gathering the belongings of the slain hobgoblin soldiers, they soon had a small pile of rations to distribute, and there were plentiful weapons, armor, ammunition, and even healing potions to go around.

"Everyone should get equipped; we're not out of the woods yet. We'll need to do a full sweep of the remaining buildings, and the Ironfang could have scouts or pickets out that have yet to return to the fort. Cobb Greenleaf, was it? What do you need to get these men back into fighting shape? We've got significant resources with us. I'll need to see to my own wounds, and those of my companions as well, but we've got some time to get ready."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Fort Trevalay

"Sergeant Cobb Greenleaf, master dwarf." Greenleaf struggled to stand straight-backed, but his injuries obviously pained him. "With a bit of food and some fresh water, and a good bit of healing, my lads and lasses would be fit enough to hold any point in the fort, though you'll be understanding if we're not quite up to the task of rooting out whatever Ironfang are left ourselves. Our equipment is gone, but we can borrow from the hobgoblins - likely they have most of our gear anyway."

"What's the situation in the courtyard? Do the bridges still stand, or did the Ironfang drop 'em?"

Show
    Mechanically speaking, Greenleaf is at 1/4 health with 13 hp left, the 4 rangers are at 1/3 with 10 hp left, and the 9 recruits are at 1/3 with 4 hp left.

Spoiler: Note on the War Room
    Show
    A large map takes up most of the central table. The locations of the three Ranger forts are clearly marked, along with a few secret blinds and caches (already discovered by the party). Spots where the Ironfang Legion forces caught and killed Chernasardo Rangers are marked with a stylized skull. The figurines seem to represent the locations of Ironfang Legion forces in the Fangwood, although most of these markers are out of date (for example, the figurines show a large contingent of hobgoblins at Fort Ristin and several trolls and hobgoblins occupying Fort Nunder).

The most unusual figurine on the map represents a stylized dragon in flight. The dragon figurine is positioned near the northern edge of the map, and is holding down a folded piece of paper. This folded page is torn from an atlas, and depicts the entire Fangwood with much less detail. Along the edge of the page are calculations about dragon flying speeds from Fort Trevalay over 12 hours, 24 hours, and 36 hours, with question marks next to each. The central Fangwood region labeled only as “The Blight” is circled, along with the note “Why here?”

A cloth map hanging from the northwest wall is less impressive than the table map, but by far more chilling. It depicts Nirmathas and northern Molthune, with labels tidily written in Goblin. A red “X” marks the town of Phaendar, and thick, red lines branch out from it across the Nesmian Plains and north up the Marideth River. A dotted line encircles the Nesmian Plains down past the dwarven Sky Citadel of Kraggodan, east through Molthune, and into the Fangwood. The map belongs to Lieutenant Eygara, and she uses it to track the progress of the Legion’s war effort as they carve out a new homeland. The newest annotation leads north along the river to the refining town of Longshadow, one of Nirmathas’s manufacturing strongholds.

Spoiler: Shrine
    Show
    There’s also a large table tucked into the northeast corner of the top level. A collection of scales, stones, and other oddments are arrayed upon the table around a humanoid effigy made of rotten twigs. The scales appear to be from a black dragon - larger than Ibzairiak - and are coated with a thin sheen of mold, a few dead centipedes, and small, smooth rocks covered in black slime. None of you are sure what the effigy represents.
    Last edited by Othniel; 2018-05-18 at 06:57 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"At ease," Torg said to Greenleaf, reflexively reverting to his old soldier days for a moment. "The name's Torg Stone, druid of the Fangwood Circle. We're the Poisonwood Irregulars, formerly of Phaendar. We've been fighting the Ironfang off and on since they sacked our town. The courtyard's been cleared of all hostiles to the best of my knowledge. We struck them fast and hard enough they didn't have time to drop the bridges. It's a charnel house out there. That's the handiwork of Aidan, that... dangerous looking elf over there, Ulva, our masterful spear maiden, and Veric, a crack shot with a bow and ranger like yourselves. Me and Septimus helped with our magic, o'course. And Rollo. He's the wolf."

As the group went about searching through the gear of their fallen foes, Torg busied himself with distributing rations to the rangers, and finding fresh water for them.
    "I think there's some roasted pork down on the first floor, if you don't mind it rare. Now, there's breastplates, bows, glaives, axes, and such for all of you, if you don't mind hobgoblin kit. You know your men best, Greenleaf, so you can pick from the pile what goes where best. While you're up to that, I need to take care of something on my own."

While the rangers were eating and getting equipped, Torg sought out the body of the hobgoblin he briefly saw when he opened the hole in the ceiling. He suspected they were a druid, and he had to be sure.

Spoiler: Additional Loot
    Show

2 x Antiplague
    1 x Troll oil
    1 x Mwk lamellar armor
    1 x Mwk scimitar
    1 x Mwk sling
    1 x Amulet of natural armor +2
    1 x Beast-bond brand
    1 x Druid’s vestment
    1 x Gardening shears, holly, mistletoe, spell component pouch
    Last edited by CockroachTeaParty; 2018-05-18 at 11:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Fort Trevalay

"Well, you folks are a sight for sore eyes, I'm telling you," Greenleaf muttered, shaking his head. "So few of you did all that? As far as I know, we're all that's left of the rangers hereabouts, and we'll need to rebuild. Anyone who wants to join, well...we'd love to have you. Leastways, it's a distinct pleasure to meet you, Torg. I cannot thank you and your companions enough." After thanking the druid, Cobb Greanleaf went through the pile of loot the party had gathered from within the fort, selecting a breastplate, longsword, bow and quiver full of arrows.
    Last edited by Othniel; 2018-05-19 at 12:34 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Torg examined the slain Ironfang druid, and carried her corpse into her presumed chamber; if anyone asked his intentions, he merely enigmatically replied that he would attend to her in death as a fellow druid.

Indeed, the number of animal training items and tools they found was giving Torg a clearer picture of the Ironfang operation at the fort. He seemed deeply troubled, his brow furrowed deep in thought. When Aidan mentioned to him the penned up cougar in the courtyard, Torg asked Veric to accompany him as he went to investigate.

The druid approached the grassy pen slowly, no weapons drawn, although the newly acquired wand of animal charming was held in his hand. He asked Veric to keep a healthy distance. Once he spotted the big cat, he tapped into his training, using subtle body movements and low vocalizations in an attempt to calm the beast.

Show

Torg will attempt a Wild Empathy check on the cougar. If it's not looking successful, he'll burn a charge from his wand of Charm Animal, DC 11 Will save.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan

Trusting in Torg and Veric's affinity with wild things to deal with the cougar, Aidan turned his attention to the remaining outbuildings. Newly invisible thanks to Septimus, he crept towards the open doors through which so many hobgoblins had rushed to die.

Spoiler: Stealth
    Show
    (1d20+44)[46]

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Fort Trevalay

Bunk beds filled the large building, each made with military precision. A round table stood to the northwest near a stack of crates and boxes. The structure seemed empty, save for the presence of two humans - one male, and one female - chained together and to one of the bunk beds, and huddling in the corner nearby.
    Last edited by Othniel; 2018-05-20 at 04:24 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan

Ignoring the chained humans, Aidan crept south towards the closed inner door. Taking a moment to probe for traps, he turned the knob as quietly as he was able.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+13)[31]

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Fort Trevalay

Inside smaller room, Aidan discovered...the kitchen. Somewhat anticlimactic, but there you have it.

The next building Aidan selected was obviously the forge. Broken blades and rent breastplates—all in desperate need of repair—lie in orderly stacks near a warm, glowing forge. A mostly disassembled suit of plate barding stands on two sawhorses in the western corner of the room. Two doors exit this room: one to the northeast and another in an alcove to the east. Two creatures occupied the building: a large goblin (tall for its size), wearing a bronze, serpentine bracelet with 5 dangling charms. It squatted down next to an enormous anvil in the center of the room, and growled as the door swung open. "Eyegara? Is that you?" it called out in Goblin.

The other creature Aidan identified as a basilisk. It lay near the forge, enjoying the warmth radiating from that part of the room and looked up as the goblin spoke.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan

Smiling invisibly at the sight of more foes to slay, Aidan crept back to where Torg and Veric were occupied with the enormous cat.

"There are a goblin and a basilisk lurking in the southwestern building. I'm going to slay the basilisk before any of us fall prey to its gaze - be prepared for the goblin to flee."

Waiting a few moments for a response, Aidan turned back towards the forge. Clambering silently above the goblin standing in the doorway, he returned to where the basilisk lay napping. Crouching in the shadowed alcove above it, he struck like something out of nightmares.

Spoiler: Are You Ready For A Bad Time?
    Show
    Surprise Round Bite Action: (1d20+13)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+11)[19]
    Sneak Attack: (4d6)[15]

Full Attack Bite: (1d20+13)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+11)[15]
    Sneak Attack: (4d6)[16]

Claw 1: (1d20+13)[31]
    Damage: (1d6+11)[16]
    Sneak Attack: (4d6)[12]

Claw 2: (1d20+13)[17]
    Damage: (1d6+11)[13]
    Sneak Attack: (4d6)[17]

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Waiting around the corner until the sound of combat began, Torg moved near the door to find the goblin therein. He did his best to fill his ugly green football head with axe blade.

Show

+1 hatred, -2 power attack
    (1d20+8)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+7)[15]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Fort Trevalay

The "goblin" snarled and ducked as Torg swung his axe. The creature's form rippled into that of some sort of hideous cross between a goblin and a wolf. Stepping back a pace, it attempted to cast an ability on Torg... "You now belong to Marrowcrack!"

Show
    5' step backward, and then casting an SLA on Torg. Will save plz!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Torg let the malign magic wash over him like water off a duck's back. He dropped his axe, and cast a spell on the creature, causing it to glow with a soft green light.

Show

Torg will cast faerie fire on Marrowcrack. No save, she takes a -20 to Stealth and can't benefit from concealment or invisibility for 7 minutes.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Veric

Befuddled as to what the creature in front of him was, Veric knew only that it was not really a goblin, and it menaced his companions and so must die.

Spoiler: Attack Details
    Show
    Manyshot, Rapid Shot, point blank shot, clustered shots
    full attack action
    Attack 1
    (1d20+13)[14]
    Arrow 1 Damage
    (1d8+4)[9]
    Arrow 2 Damage
    (1d8+4)[7]

Iterative Attack
    (1d20+8)[17]
    Arrow 1 Damage
    (1d8+4)[5]

Rapid Shot Attack
    (1d20+13)[32]
    Arrow 1 Damage
    (1d8+4)[12]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

”Back off my friends!” Ulva growled as she sprinted into the building and then hacked at the weird little creature with all her might.

Spoiler: Power Attack!
    Show

Attack:(1d20+12)[19]
    Damage:(1d10+15)[21]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Septimus sighed and cut his smoke break short to blast the offending creature with magic missile.

Spoiler: VOK VOK VOK VOK
    Show
    (1d20+13)[32] trip if he can see within a 5-foot step
    (4d4+4)[15] damage

Once everything was dead, Septimus gestured for the rangers to cover the north while the team headed south and positioned themselves outside the door. He cast Haste before the Kool-Aid Manning happened.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2018-05-21 at 12:09 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan

Preparing to storm the southern building, Aidan produced his masterwork tools and attempted to undo the locked chains.

Show
    Disable Device: (1d20+17)[19]

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

”Knock knock, open up the door it’s me!” Ulva howled as she threw open the door and ran in at breakneck speeds.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Fort Trevalay

What was previously a kennel had been turned into a charnel house: Dried dog blood coated the floors in the cages, the large training area was littered with cracked bones and gristle, and the walls and ceiling were smeared with offal. A damp mist hung in the air.

Fading into view was a ghostly figure, its face distorted by wrath into a hideous mask and its body bound to the kennels by a dozen phantasmal collars and chains. "You..." The creature pointed a long distorted finger at Ulva before drifting toward her...

Show
    Aidan, Septimus, Torg, Ulva, and Rollo have won initiative. Rollo will not approach the creature unless Veric succeeds at a DC 25 Handle Animal check.

Spoiler: Ulva:
    Show
    Spectres are evil undead that hate sunlight and living things. Most are the remnants of murdered or evil humans, their anger preventing them from entering the afterlife. Like ghosts, spectres haunt the places of their deaths, and seek to draw others into the lonely abyss of undeath.

A spectre looks much as it did in life and can be easily recognized by those who knew the individual or have seen the individual’s face in paintings or drawings. Spectres retain a strong sense of identity, and even ancient, insane spectres generally remain coherent. Evil historians and necromancers often try to ally with spectres for the knowledge they held in life and retain in undeath.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Torg squinted as he gazed into the misty room, his eyes widening with surprise as the spectral horror emerged. He cursed quietly to himself in dwarven as he fumbled with his weapons, swapping out his axe for the magical mithral scimitar.

Show

Torg juggles his weapons like an idiot during this round.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

”You? Me? Oh, Specter’s, great. Just like Motomo from “Ghost in the Plate”. Don’t let it touch you, or kill you, and uh stay in sunlight?” Ulva buzzed as she stepped inside and unleashed a torrent of attacks.

Spoiler: Power Expertise Attack!
    Show

Attack:(1d20+11)[25]
    Damage:(1d10+15)[20]

Attack:(1d20+11)[16]
    Damage:(1d10+15)[18]

Attack:(1d20+6)[23]
    Damage:(1d10+15)[20]

░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Eat force damage, ghost!

Spoiler: Vokvokvokvok
    Show
    (4d4+4)[17]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Fort Trevalay

Wordlessly, the spectral figure drifted toward Ulva and attempted to lay an ice-cold hand upon her.

Show
    Spectre takes a 5' step and attacks Ulva with its Incorporeal Touch: (1d20+10)[26]
    Damage: (1d8)[7] plus energy drain!
    Confirm? (1d20+10)[17]
    Damage: (1d8)[5]

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

”Personal space!” Ulva hissed as the spectral hand floated over her and left her feeling... odd.

Spoiler: Full Attack!
    Show

Attack:(1d20+14)[16]
    Damage:(1d10+9)[16]

Attack:(1d20+14)[23]
    Damage:(1d10+9)[19]

Attack:(1d20+9)[13]
    Damage:(1d10+9)[18]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Fort Trevalay

The spectre fell silent once more, permanently this time, and the group wasted no time in rushing over to the final building. Ulva kicked in the door only to find a building that had clearly once served as an armory, but no more. Its hooks and weapon racks were empty and its long tables now held boxes of soil sprouting several varieties of mushrooms and molds. One box at the rear of the room was covered with a sheet of canvas held down with bricks. A sour, earthy smell filled the air. A swinging door led out to the southwest and a door in an alcove to the southeast led out to the courtyard.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Ulva moved swiftly into the fungus-laden room, and nearly just as quickly re-emerged coughing from a cloud of errant spores.
    "Are you alright, Ulva? Don't worry about the plants in there just yet. Let me and our resident alchemist have a gander; maybe go see how those chained up people are doing in the other building?" the dwarf said in response to Ulva's question.

Standing near the door, Torg examined the settling spores as he spoke with Aidan.
    "Yellow mold, it seems to me. Fire will kill it, true enough. I've one last fire spell prepared myself, as luck would have it. But we can simply leave this room be for now, and I can prepare new spells on the morrow to better protect ourselves from the spoors. This might've been another workshop for that druid we fought; could be all manner of useful substances within. I'd say it's high time we exercised a dash of patience, eh?"
    Last edited by CockroachTeaParty; 2018-05-21 at 10:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Coughing, Ulva poked her head outside of the door frame, her one good eye bloodshot, and her face still twitching slightly from Septimus’ quicksilver magic ”This place reeks. But otherwise there’s no monsters. Wait, hold on,” A clatter arose indoors as metal clanged against wood “Nope, definitely not a mimic or an angry ghost or something.” She spat out a wad of phlegm, wiped her face with her vambrace, and jerked a thumb behind her to the spory mess.

“You want me to pull these non-choking plants out of here?” She looked to the others, a childlike smile of approval on her face.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░