New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 5e Subclass Contest Chat Thread

I think you're in the wrong thread, sengmeng...
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    I think you're in the wrong thread, sengmeng...
    Oops, yes I am. Disregard.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm in just under the wire with the House of Gastronomy! Woo!

There probably isn't time to get feedback on it, especially with the various December holidays and the new year coming up in a few days, but I'm glad I did something at least.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

4. - Top - End - #274

I've finally gotten the spells down for the Oath of Hearth and Home, and cleaned up the wording on some other abilities. I think it looks good to me, but I'd love the input of the Playground! I'll try and look at everyone else's submissions soon.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

5. - Top - End - #275

Review time! First on the list: 5-star general!

One-Star Private
    First of all, having advantage on all attack rolls while an ally is within 5 feet of you is... kind of insane, particularly for melee characters. I implore you to reconsider. Also, as far as the second part of the ability goes, it may just be me being a dumb, when can you use the reaction? After your ally has been targeted, but before the DM rolls? After the DM rolls, but before they say if it hits? After the DM says if it hits or misses? Does the attacker have to reroll the attack, or use the same total against your AC? A little bit of clarity might be nice.

Two-Star Corporal
    Looks okay, though two skills and a nice ability might be a bit much. Again, clarity- when the fighter gets 3+ attacks, can they give away more than 1 per Attack action if they give them to different allies?

Three-Star Sargent
    I'm confused as to what you mean by the first part of the ability, but the second part looks good. However, as it currently stands, you could do this as many times as you'd like, and free short rest healing isn't something I would take lightly... Maybe X times per long rest?

Four-Star Captain
    Wait, you gain proficiency in the same skills... twice? Do you mean Expertise?

Five-Star General
    Looks good! However you change One-Star, if you modify the ally boon in the same way, it should work well.

All in all, I like the theme, but some abilities might be overpowered or need to be clarified. Good job!
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, since originally writing the Warlock I've realized that it needs to be toned down some, and I'll be doing so before I post it after the contest is over. I'll also try to clarify the abilities.

One-Star Private
    First of all, having advantage on all attack rolls while an ally is within 5 feet of you is... kind of insane, particularly for melee characters. I implore you to reconsider. Also, as far as the second part of the ability goes, it may just be me being a dumb, when can you use the reaction? After your ally has been targeted, but before the DM rolls? After the DM rolls, but before they say if it hits? After the DM says if it hits or misses? Does the attacker have to reroll the attack, or use the same total against your AC? A little bit of clarity might be nice.
    Yeah, this in particular needs to be toned down. I originally thought it wouldn't be too bad because Wolf Totem barbarians also give free advantage on attacks, and to all their allies, not just themselves - but that's limited to melee attacks while this isn't. I'm not sure yet whether I'll add in more restrictions for its use or just give it a limited number of uses per short rest, but it'll definitely be toned down.

Second half of the ability is after your ally has been targeted, but before the DM rolls.

Two-Star Corporal
    Looks okay, though two skills and a nice ability might be a bit much. Again, clarity- when the fighter gets 3+ attacks, can they give away more than 1 per Attack action if they give them to different allies?
    As written, it only lets you give up one of your attacks. I'm not sure whether you should be able to give up more than one, TBH, considering 4-star captain's boost to this later.

Three-Star Sargent
    I'm confused as to what you mean by the first part of the ability, but the second part looks good. However, as it currently stands, you could do this as many times as you'd like, and free short rest healing isn't something I would take lightly... Maybe X times per long rest?
    Second wind gives you back 1d10+fighter level health. After you roll it, your allies get the same amount of health, but it's Temp HP for them.

And yeah, second part should probably be limited similarly to 1-star's advantage thing. I might make this either an Charisma or Intelligence-based subclass, and have their limits be equal to your modifier.

Four-Star Captain
    Wait, you gain proficiency in the same skills... twice? Do you mean Expertise?
    I, uh, wrote expertise, so... yes, that's what I mean.

Five-Star General
    Looks good! However you change One-Star, if you modify the ally boon in the same way, it should work well.
    I actually think the second half of this might be too strong considering that's instantly tacking on an extra 18-20 health, and since that originally wasn't limited, you could heal people for a HD+18 health repeatedly for out-of-combat healing. I'm going swap it out to have your Int/Cha modifier as the minimum roll on their die when they're healing from that ability instead.
    Hi, you can call me Void. I prefer she/her or they/them pronouns, please. Yes, "they" is a singular pronoun. I write a superhero webserial called Paternum - check it out!

PEACH My 5e Homebrew, including...

Yet Another Warlock Rewrite (on GiantITP) Playtested Once!

Lycanthrope Base Class (on GiantITP) Contest Winner!

Vampire Base Class (on GiantITP) Full Class!

Inspiration Domain (On GiantITP) In Playtest!

Skinwalker Ranger Subclass (on GiantITP) Silver Medalist!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the delay, I'll be sure to get the voting thread up tomorrow. Been a little under the weather over the weekend and I'm trying to get my brain back in gear.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

And the voting thread is up!

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground

What was the theme for Contest V? It has a lot of star and feast related subclasses, but not all...

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

The theme was Five Stars. Some took it as actual stars, some as restaurants or inns, and some as just wealth, all interpretations offered as examples in the intro post.

Little more open-ended than previous contests.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoleMage View Post
    more open-ended
    The way it should be!

I mean, that is always my intention when I propose a theme. I'm aiming for something that could be interpreted in at least 3 clearly different ways.

Aside: I think it's funny that everyone's going for Keep it Simple, Stupid this time. That was meant to be a direct response to the first contest, It's Technical, but no one seemed into it at the time.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2019-01-02 at 03:46 PM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Evil the Cat's Circle of Stars has a commanding early lead in the voting after the first week, with 18 points. One week remaining on the voting period.

In the next category votes, we have a tie between Keep it Simple, Stupid and Bunch of Fives with 7 points each, with My Way is Different receiving 6 points. Time will tell which pulls ahead.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright the voting period is over and the results are in.

In 3rd place, with 7 points is Ivellius's Oath of Feasting. I'm especially fond of the aura of fresh baked bread smell, myself.

In 2nd place, with 10 points is Icecaster's Innkeeper Patron. Not all Warlock patrons have sinister designs. Some of them just want to spread comfort and good food!

In 1st place, with an outstanding 24 points is Evil the Cat's Circle of Stars. Because nature doesn't stop at the sky, and the seasons are part of the cycle of life and druids really should acknowledge that.

Thanks everyone for playing, and I hope to see you making subclasses again in our next contest: Bunch of Fives! We're moving into the sixth contest, but the theme of five is with us forever now. Our runners up for theme was a tie between Keep it Simple, Stupid and Subsystems Online, so we will see both of those return in next month's voting thread alongside three other random themes. Look for Contest VI shortly once I get it formatted!
    Votes are tallied and results are in! EDIT: I have posted the thread for Contest VI: Bunch of Fives! Let's brew!
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2019-01-14 at 08:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

Going for a much simpler subclass here with a Bardic College of the Fist - plain a simple, makes you a bardic monk. Bardic Inspiration dice tend to be larger than Martial Arts dice, but you have no bonus action attack until level 14 (and then after casting, not after punching) and no flurry of blows ever, so... hopefully that's okay. On the other hand, a 1-level dip into Monk (while MAD) would give you a bonus action attack and let you use Dex instead of Strength, so... might need to stew on it for a while before posting it in the subclass thread itself.

Still, I don't see it changing hugely. It follows the pattern of the other martial bards (a defense feature and a BI-related offensive feature at level 3, extra attack at level 6, bonus-action attack after casting a spell at level 14), I'm just a little worried when comparing it to the monk - monks get lots of other stuff, of course, but bards are full casters...

It's also maybe a little bland. It really is basically "you're a bard who punches stuff" - Valor bards are similarly basic, I think, but Swords, Glamour, Whispers, and Lore Bards all have their own little special things (often involving special uses for BI dice, which didn't seem to have a place in this subclass). I might think of a more interesting idea later.

Spoiler: College of the Fist
    Show
    Bardic College of the Fist

All bards seek beauty - to find it, to create it, and to inspire it in others. Most bards find beauty in music, producing wonders to delight the ears, or in stories, ancient lore and lost knowledge. Some bards find beauty in battle, dancing in and out of combat with swords flashing or telling tales of their companions' glory. Some bards find beauty in the enchantments woven by the fae, or in the subtle art of manipulation. And some bards find beauty in the physical form, in muscles and sweat and a clenched fist.

Unarmored Defense
    Beginning at 3rd level, while you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Charisma modifier.

Force of Personality
    Beginning at 3rd level, whenever you deal damage with an unarmed strike, you can roll a die equal in size to your Bardic Inspiration die in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strike.

Extra Attack
    Beginning at 6th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, when you take the attack action on your turn.

Inspired Blow
    Beginning at 14th level, when you use your action to cast a bard spell, you may make an unarmed strike as a bonus action.
    Hi, you can call me Void. I prefer she/her or they/them pronouns, please. Yes, "they" is a singular pronoun. I write a superhero webserial called Paternum - check it out!

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

My second/third/eleventh? crack at this (started before I saw theVoidWatches post, but luckily they are different enough that I feel like it isn't plagiarism ). Let me know if you see any issues with it so I can adjust it as times goes on.

Here is a link to the post in the contest string http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...58&postcount=4
    Last edited by nickl_2000; 2019-01-18 at 10:46 AM.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Spoiler: 5e Subclass Contest Wins
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XIII-Rogue, Tavern Wench
    ● XV-Monk, Way of the Shrine Guardian
    ● XVI-Cleric, Madness Domain
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXI-Artificer, Battling Bowman
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

16. - Top - End - #286

WolfInSheepsClothing

So, punching seems like monk to me, but then on the other hand all monks punch so they don't need another subclass to be a monk. The other classes sorta need a subclass to be a monk but then I dunno which class to give punchy stuff to - IDK if "Monk: the Subclass" can be a thing but that's my initial idea maybe?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theVoidWatches View Post

Force of Personality
    Beginning at 3rd level, whenever you deal damage with an unarmed strike, you can roll a die equal in size to your Bardic Inspiration die in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strike.
    So, I'm not saying it is wrong here, but bardic inspiration die is
    d6 level 2-8, d8 level 9-12, d10 level 13-16, d12 level 17+

Monk damage die is:
    d4 level 1-4, d6 level 5-10, d8 level 11-16, and d10 level 17+

So, the bard here is doing more damage with an unarmed strike than a monk for most levels. Not really the most horrible thing, but something to consider since you don't want to take away from the monk.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Spoiler: 5e Subclass Contest Wins
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XIII-Rogue, Tavern Wench
    ● XV-Monk, Way of the Shrine Guardian
    ● XVI-Cleric, Madness Domain
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXI-Artificer, Battling Bowman
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

Definitely something to consider (especially because BI is actually even faster than that - d8 at level 5, d10 at 10, d12 at 15). On the other hand, this bard would be even more MAD than a monk - you don't get to use Dex for your unarmed strikes, so you want Str - you want Dex for AC - and you want Cha for spells and AC.

1 level of monk changes that though... maybe specify that you have to use Strength for your attack in order to use the BI die as the damage?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    So, punching seems like monk to me, but then on the other hand all monks punch so they don't need another subclass to be a monk. The other classes sorta need a subclass to be a monk but then I dunno which class to give punchy stuff to - IDK if "Monk: the Subclass" can be a thing but that's my initial idea maybe?
    If you don't know what class to give "punchy stuff" too, I would suggest maybe a barbarian subclass, since they always seemed a little lackluster for unarmed combat and such. Could be a lot of fun there.
    Personally, I've decided to go for a monk-like, bar-brawling rogue who's an expert at starting and escaping bar brawls, with a cheese wheel and a cask of ale beneath each arm.

As for theVoidWatches' problem, I'd either limit it to once per turn to prevent monk multiclass shenanigans, or make it expend a use of bardic inspiration. Maybe expend a use of bardic inspiration when you make an attack to make your unarmed strikes deal damage equal to your bardic inspiration die for the rest of the turn? I don't know, just throwing out some ideas to help
    "Now get on your flying boat and stop a crazy dwarf vampire from committing election fraud!"

www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1025.html

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessWriter View Post
    If you don't know what class to give "punchy stuff" too, I would suggest maybe a barbarian subclass, since they always seemed a little lackluster for unarmed combat and such. Could be a lot of fun there.
    Personally, I've decided to go for a monk-like, bar-brawling rogue who's an expert at starting and escaping bar brawls, with a cheese wheel and a cask of ale beneath each arm.

As for theVoidWatches' problem, I'd either limit it to once per turn to prevent monk multiclass shenanigans, or make it expend a use of bardic inspiration. Maybe expend a use of bardic inspiration when you make an attack to make your unarmed strikes deal damage equal to your bardic inspiration die for the rest of the turn? I don't know, just throwing out some ideas to help
    I do think the level 3 feature should expend Inspiration rather than just key to its size. But making a basic attack routine rely on that expenditure might be too pricey (especially when Valor could get the same weapon die size for free with a Shortsword/Rapier/Longsword2h/Greataxe respectively).

Personally I think I'm going to do an Oath of the Sacred Fist. I need to find where I put those 3.5 materials to see if I want to borrow any of the Sacred Fist PrC.
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2019-01-16 at 04:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessWriter View Post
    Hmm, see, I almost wanna make it so that it's like grafting on some monk features instead of your subclass, but then I kinda want to be able to do that with all of the classes, except monk itself, to make it a "Take this subclass rather than fiddling around with the multiclassing rules!" thing. But I could also go with a barbarian path I guess.

EDIT: *Looks at previous contests; finds exactly this only for rogue, warlock and bard* Is... is this a thing? Or did someone just decide to do it?

Whatever, I think I know what I'm making now.
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2019-01-16 at 03:43 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

Maybe level 3 lets you punch with 1d4 (upgrading to 1d6 at, say, level 9, and 1d8 and 15 - a reasonable progression but behind the Monk's), and you can spend Bardic Inspiration to add it to the damage whenever you hit with an unarmed attack? It feels weird to have it be so limited (I mean, 5 weak smite's per short rest) but there's just so little space for power in a full spell-caster's subclasses.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, see, I almost wanna make it so that it's like grafting on some monk features instead of your subclass, but then I kinda want to be able to do that with all of the classes, except monk itself, to make it a "Take this subclass rather than fiddling around with the multiclassing rules!" thing. But I could also go with a barbarian path I guess.

EDIT: *Looks at previous contests; finds exactly this only for rogue, warlock and bard* Is... is this a thing? Or did someone just decide to do it?

Whatever, I think I know what I'm making now.
    Jormengand was doing that as a running theme, but they haven't been around for the last couple contests.

Quote Originally Posted by theVoidWatches View Post
    Maybe level 3 lets you punch with 1d4 (upgrading to 1d6 at, say, level 9, and 1d8 and 15 - a reasonable progression but behind the Monk's), and you can spend Bardic Inspiration to add it to the damage whenever you hit with an unarmed attack? It feels weird to have it be so limited (I mean, 5 weak smite's per short rest) but there's just so little space for power in a full spell-caster's subclasses.
    Maybe you can expend BI as a bonus action to make an unarmed attack improved by your BI result? Kinda mimics flurry that way, which can be good and bad, but it's nicer than just a weak smite since it gives you an extra attack.

EDIT: Also, the first draft of Sacred Fist is on the submissions thread. I think I might drop Divine Fist entirely, but I haven't decided yet.
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2019-01-16 at 04:18 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294

WolfInSheepsClothing

Jormengand was doing that as a running theme, but they haven't been around for the last couple contests.
    "Haven't been around" is a slight understatement, it would seem. Fortunately, I have it on discord, so I can just ask it for permission to keep the theme going.

25. - Top - End - #295

Ghooooooost PUUUUUUUNCH

edit: El Ponche Fantasma sounds like a pretty good luchador name (ignoring the google translate grammar). Multiclass?
    Last edited by The Cats; 2019-01-17 at 10:25 AM.
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop

26. - Top - End - #296

WolfInSheepsClothing

So, this was harder than I thought. There are some rules you can follow (like "Paladin always gets the other class's capstone; fighter and sorcerer always get one of their strongest non-capstone abilities" and "Warlock and wizard can mostly do the thing as each other") but... I think monk is actually a pretty difficult one to do. Also, rogue is a pain because it's the only class without a subclass ability at level 6 or 7, so you have to push all the stuff you were gonna give them at those levels about a bit.

I'm also acutely aware that cleric (monk), druid (monk) and ranger (monk) have a natural advantage because of the wisdom synergy, but I hope that this is balanced out by the fact that the cleric would have been wandering around in medium or heavy armour otherwise, the druid wants to be spending a lot of time in a form with natural armour anyway, and the ranger is bad and needed the boost.

I do also feel, looking at it immediately, that bard (monk) is just bad... or is it just that bard doesn't get much from subclasses anyway? I dunno, I just hope that martial arts and unarmoured defence match up to three skill proficiencies and a new inspiration use, or that ki, unarmed movement and deflect missiles are as good as two extra spells known. I guess it works, if you're willing to deal with the MADness it entails.

Barbarian is also looking super-lonely with just that one ability, which isn't even a very strong one. I guess that being able to make a versatile 1d8 spear attack and follow it up with a 1d3 kick isn't awful, but you could just be wielding two handaxes. I know... *edits* now the barbarian can use their dex and still get rage bonuses and stuff. Not ideal, bit of a bodge, but it works. There must be a lot of low-strength high-dex barbarians at level 1 and 2 who can't wait to get their subclass.

Any thoughts from the crowd?

27. - Top - End - #297

BlueKnightGuy

Hm...forgot there was a Strength Domain in the Amonkhet Plane Shift, but...it's not very much like the Strength Domain of previous editions, so I think that's where I'm headed.

I'm also honestly surprised I haven't done a Strength Domain in all of my previous homebrew. I half-expected to find this one already.

Edit: As much as I hate coming up with something new when what I want already exists, I guess I need to figure out a new CD, even if the Rhonas one is perfect. But initial explorations are going well, I think.
    Last edited by Ivellius; 2019-01-17 at 11:56 AM.
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Adjusted the general focus on Oath of the Sacred Fist. Now they lean into grappling a lot more. Considering giving Improved Divine Grasp the ability to have grapple attempts crit, but that might be too much.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299

WolfInSheepsClothing

So, some quick critiques:

- Oath of the sacred fist is actually better at punching than monks at low levels. The +1 bonus to AC while not using a shield seems better for two-handing than UAS. The later abilities, however, seem very overspecialised on grappling to the point of letting you down if grappling is difficult, impossible or inadvisable.
    - Ghost Fist: Ranged UAS seems a little too good. Being able to deflect missiles that aren't even aimed at you seems like too much to be part of the same ability. Ghost gloves, on the other hand, seems hilariously situational, and One Big Punch seems a little sad as a 17th-level ability.
    - Luchador: That AC calculation is weird; trash talking is very similar conceptually to cutting words, and honestly it feels as though people are going to take this subclass just to have AC depending on their CHA instead of their DEX.
    - College of the Fist: Seems like a very... well, ordinary way of adding punching stuff to a bard. Not that that's a bad thing, mind.
    - Pilferer: "Thongs" and "Fingera". Also, a bonus action to tell you everything someone has on their possession, no matter how well they try to hide it, is ridiculously good. The fact that someone can only tell that you've done it, not do anything to stop you, is an artefact of 3.5-era rules that I'm not a fan of. I would suggest rewording the "Unlawfully" requirement because it's weirdly location-dependant. Steal Life is weak for a 1/day ability, and rogues based on UASing should be able to SA UAS anyway.

30. - Top - End - #300

So, some quick critiques:

- Ghost Fist: Ranged UAS seems a little too good. Being able to deflect missiles that aren't even aimed at you seems like too much to be part of the same ability. Ghost gloves, on the other hand, seems hilariously situational, and One Big Punch seems a little sad as a 17th-level ability.
    Ranged unarmed strike is the Sun Soul 3rd level ability, but not radiant. I'll probably move either grasping or snatching hands to 6th level and baleet the other one. Can't decide which though. Ghost Gloves was designed with hilarity in mind, and comes bundled with bonus action Helping and Grasping hands. Open to suggestions on improving One Big Punch. I though getting to cast a super versatile 5th level spell up to twice per short rest (leaving a lil ki left over) was pretty solid but eh, maybe I'm wrong.

edit: Updooted. Grasping hands is gone. Snatching hands is gained at 6th level and costs 1 ki to activate. Ki cost to activate is removed at 11th level. One Big Punch doesn't cost ki and can be used 1/short rest, no longer interferes with Spectral Hands abilities.
    Last edited by The Cats; 2019-01-17 at 02:52 PM.
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop