New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [MtG] What are your most overkill/winmore decks?

I have a deck based on pili pala where one of its win conditions is casting every single spell in your opponent's library. Which also mills him just in case casting his entire deck at him wasn't enough. I've since adjusted the deck to use win cons that come online faster, but that one was funny while I had it.

We all know that the only point of life that matters is the 20th, and while they may appear broken decks that kill harder aren't necessarily more effective. But they are entertaining. What kind of winmores have you used before?
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2018-05-19 at 05:28 AM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: [MtG] What are your most overkill/winmore decks?

One of the first winmore combo decks that I built revolved around Stoneybrook Schoolmaster, Intruder Alarm and then an enchantment or artifact that let a creature tap itself; Power of Fire or Paradise Mantle into Demonfire

Later, I discovered what happens when you put a pair of Blowfly Infestation into play at the same time and then Wither something. The ensuing snowball of counters ended more than one game with a call of "You know what? I can't keep track of this, let's just say you win and start over?"

My favourite ever would probably be the Exponential Mana Lands combo; Cloudposts + Vesuvas (with Glimmerposts to taste) into a turn 4 Emrakul, The Aeons Torn never gets old.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation