So I already posted relating to this setting; I was seeing if my understanding of geology, meteorology, and astronomy checked out somewhat plausibly. So why did I decide to have a campaign setting be a continent sized supervolcano crater on the North pole of a planet with a perfectly oblique axial tilt? Because it was used as a massive arena by the gods of the Norse pantheon to decide arguments between them. The setting is a post-Ragnarok world in which the primordial deity Ymir (Aemir in-setting) resurrected all the gods who died and decreed that they use mortal champions or armies as their proxies when they wantto fight. Each battle was to start in the spring and resolve before winter, and winter was to kill anyone left (these fights are the only purpose of the planet; there is at least one other planet that the gods actually care about and presumably the contests are to resolve disagreements about how to rule their worshippers on that world). Eventually, the valley was less and less, some people started learning to survive the winter by huddling near the geothermal hotspots, and the "old gods" left and a few squatters or "young gods" took over, creating the the current geopolitical situation. There are dark elves, orcs, dwarves, regular elves, Viking-like humans (descendents of the honored dead of Valhalla), and other humans. These races were brought in as champions of different gods, and then grey elves, ratosks (sentient child-sized squirrels descended from Ratatosk), various lizard/snake/dragon people, frog people called croakers, and several orc hybrids/mutants sprang up as native species or hybrids of the extraplanetary species.MORE POSTS TO COME.