New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: The Moon has a Face (Creative Writing)

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Maxwell's have the same backstory, but slightly different personalities.

I know exactly when chapter one ends, and that part hasn't been written yet.
    Personalities. Gotcha.

Of course you know when the chaptor ends. I'm just a bit amazed by its size, that's all.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a: Chaotic Good Human Bard(14th Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength-10
    Dexterity-15
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-6
    Wisdom-9
    Charisma-23

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, since you've been keen enough to realize how I've been spelling certain words, I'll give you a little tidbit. Very few books survived from the world before, and what remains of the world before is actually very little. Some words carried over don't exactly match their previous spellings (Arc, Chaptor, and a few others you haven't spotted are but a few)

Anyway, part 5!

Spoiler: Chaptor 1, Part 5
    Show
    "You are a pest," Gregori said as Maxwell stepped into the snake like vehicle.

"I always look to you whenever I'm feeling down to cheer me up," Maxwell retorted as he sat in the front most seat.

"Subtlety makes my job easier. It also makes your job easier. Do you think that if a rat were to stroll up to a person in their home, flaunt his tail at them, and then do a little dance those people would sit idly by?"

"No, but-"

"Exactly. Now I must work tirelessly to make sure those men you mocked never spread rumors about the strange British raven-haired spy who was sent to uncover gang activity, and who also had an uncanny resemblance to a certain escaped convict."

"You'll fix it, I'm sure you will. It's what you've always done, and always will."

"Correct. Now ride in silence, or I will let the evening sun kiss your face."

Maxwell did as he was bid, and Gregori drove the snake vehicle up towards the apartment wherein the now late Chef had resided, and where Jesse's corpse still lay. Gregori pulled the vehicle up towards the broken window and parked it so that the car's door would open directly into the hole. Maxwell exited the vehicle and looked around at the bloody scene before him. He walked over to Jesse's partner's corpse, bent over, and poked at it.

"No knife I've seen can make wounds that small. Looks like he was pricked by an army of angry spiders. I doubt that's the case, but that's all I've got right now."

"He was smitten by one of the Black Thirteen, the scions of the original Strigoi," Gregori said from one of his many eyes in the apartment.

Maxwell stood up, and looked over to the robotic creature's nearest eyes, and spoke huskily, "You're ****ting me. The things from ancient Parthia, those Black Thirteen? That's ****ing... old. They're still around?"

"I know only what I saw, his ability and relative skill point towards this fact," Gregori proposed, "I could be mistaken, however the chances of such a flaw in my systems are minimal."

"Right then. Good to know," Maxwell stepped away from the corpse, and explored the rest of the large room before stumbling into Jesse's corpse.

"This is the one you saw in your vision, I assume. Your sigil spoke to me, and showed me her as well," Gregori explained.

"Yup. This bitch and I have met each other too many times for this to be mere coincidence. The Vegvisir is telling me something, it has to be."

"She fought against the fiend with both bravery and fear and bested it only by luck," Gregori explained once more.

Maxwell poked at her as he did with the other and found that the same incisions lined her flesh as well. He put a hand over her neck, frowned, and said, "She has no pulse, she's a dead woman. Why should I care about a dead woman?"

"She is dead as much as you."

Maxwell blinked, and turned to face the dead woman in front of him. He decided to test something and stood back up from the corpse. He balled his hand into a fist, and plunged it into Jesse's stomach, spraying the hallway with more blood. Black tendrils like the Chef's poured out from Jesse and wrapped around Maxwell's arm like a vice. Maxwell screamed, and tried to retreat from Jesse's corpse. Jesse's eyes opened, and widened when she saw what was transpiring, and her screams joined Maxwell's. All the while, Gregori laughed like this was the funniest thing he had seen in ages.

"Get off of me, you daft wench!" Maxwell roared.

"What the **** is going on?!" Jesse cried at the same time.

Maxwell tried to pull away from the tendrils and used his free hand to swipe at them. All the while, Jesse's appendages were buried in his skin, looking for blood to drink from. When they found none in Maxwell's empty veins, they retreated back to Jesse's intestinal tract, closing the open wound behind it. In fact, now that Jesse was awake the small puncture wounds lining her skin started to close as well. Maxwell's wounds now started to close as well, and the two met each other's eyes. Jesse tried to take a breath but found that she physically could not. She tried to hyperventilate, but her lack of breathing caused her to only clutch at her throat. Jesse's respiratory system, and in fact most of the other biological processes, were transformed to act as a delivery system for the millions of black tendrils now residing under her skin. Maxwell, seeing Jesse's pain, rushed towards her, and ripped her hands away from her throat.

"Look into me. Look into my eyes, look into me!" Maxwell roared.
    Jesse only tried to breath once more, failed, and did her best to look away from the monster in front of her.

"I said look into me, look into my eyes, do it woman, do it!"

"I don't, I can't, I-" Jesse's speech faltered as she opened her eyes into Maxwell's. Maxwell's pupils had spread to cover both of his eyes. They swirled in front of Jesse's. Jesse's mind was enraptured by Maxwell's swirling irises, and she stopped in her attempts to breath.

"You're going to stop breathing. You don't need to any more. Can you do that for me?" Maxwell asked in a soft tone.

"Yes. I'll stop breathing now." Jesse responded in a similar tone.
    "Once we're done talking, you're going to fall asleep. You'll wake up when I tell you to, do you understand?"

"Of course. I'm getting tired anyway."

"But we aren't done talking. You're going to answer my questions, do you understand?"

"Answer your questions, I can do that."

"Good. Now, what is the last thing you remember before you died."

"Fire, my hand, everything goes blank."

"And what do you remember when you were dead?"

"I saw a face that didn't look like a face. It told me to be still."

"And did you do as it asked?"

"No, I tried to run."

"Good. Good. Go to sleep."

Jesse fell in Maxwell's arms. Maxwell took her aboard Gregori's vehicle, and it slithered from the apartment. Maxwell deposited her onto the seat next to him and contemplated the things he had heard for a good while. Gergori interrupted the silence by saying, "It is good she resisted. The foul creature that killed her would have taken over her mind if she didn't."

"It's starting to make sense. What the Vegvisir showed me. This girl and I are supposed to stop something, something big."

"Ah, yes, that seems to be the correct assumption. I will warn you that after this car trip, I will halt in my attempts to aid you."

Maxwell looked up, a mix of anger and confusion playing over his face as he asked, "I beg pardon?"

"A creature is now hunting you. Not the one you have been sent to kill by fate, but a strong presence nonetheless. It is subtler than you are, and if it is successful in causing your demise, I will take much pleasure in helping it. However, Directive Seven also orders me to not involve myself in any supernatural brawl, one way or the other. Until one party is dead, I cannot offer either of you aid. I will only make sure the general public is not privy to it and do no more than that."

"You are just a bundle of positivity. Fine then, drop us off to the lowest level of the ship, there are plenty of hiding places there."

"No."

Maxwell snarled, an unearthly noise, and asked, "What the **** now?"

"I will deposit you where I see fit. If you wish to expose yourself to the sun, you are welcome to rip through the hull of this vehicle and jump out that way."

Maxwell fumed, but said nothing more. Gregori took Maxwell to a dive bar on the second level of Arc Twenty-Two and left as the last rays of sunshine crept below the horizon. Maxwell carried the still sleeping woman to a booth and laid her down on the cushioned seat. Maxwell then went to the men's restroom, found a lone drunken man pissing in the urinal, and killed him by drinking every last drop of his blood. He then tossed his corpse into one of the stalls, traded his shirt for Maxwell's now bloody one, and walked out to the booth Jesse slept at. Maxwell sat beside her, and looked around at the evening clientele, a mediocre bunch if ever there was one. Maxwell sighed, and looked down at Jesse's sleeping form.

"Wake up, it's time to talk."

Jesse stretched her arms and looked around. Her eyes widened when they saw Maxwell, and her hand went down to where her holster was, finding nothing. She then dashed to tackle Maxwell, but Maxwell stopped her with a single push of the hand.

"Just wait for a second. I'm not going to use the sight on you again, that **** tires me out too much. Can you hear me out for a second?"

Jesse seemed on the edge of unbridled rage, but her eyes flashed in momentary pain and sorrow. She then asked, "Tim, where is Tim?"

"He's dead. Not quite like you, but dead nonetheless," Maxwell answered.

"Oh god... why can't I breath?"

"You don't need to anymore. You’re dead, didn't I just say that? Get with the program, I don't have time to give you the long and short of it."

Jesse shook her head, and said in an exasperated voice, "Explain."

"You're a vampire, like me, we've been around since Christ died. Some ******* botched up a ritual to become a god, and instead became the first vampire. After that happened, a bunch of other people copied this ritual with variations until there was a whole litany of different vampires. You were infected by a particularly powerful vampire, and your mind was supposed to fall victim to its fiendish psyche, but you resisted somehow, and now we're here. That get everything?"

Jesse blinked, and started to full out laugh. She laughed for a solid half minute, but when she looked back to Maxwell's stone-cold face, she faltered, and said, "My god, you're not serious."

"I'm deadly ****ing serious. Now listen and listen well. We're being hunted right now, I don't know by what, and I don't know why. Once we've evaded or killed the creature, I'll answer any of your probable thousands of questions, but until then, you treat every word I say as the gospel truth, you understand?"

Jesse shook her head, and asked, "No, **** no, why the hell should I listen to you?"

Maxwell, as quick as a snake, had a hand over Jesse's throat, and snarled, "I don't have time for your bull****, I have to think out our next move, and I can't do that with yo-"

Before Maxwell could finish, a black tendril crept out of Jesse's left nostril, and before Maxwell could finish his sentence, cut off his hand. Maxwell hissed in surprise and leapt back in fear. Jesse's tendril fled back up her nose, and she ran out of the bar into the night. Maxwell grabbed his hand, and began to run after her, screaming for her to wait.

Meanwhile, a hawk was perched on a nearby railing, overlooking Maxwell's chase of Jesse. It noticed how neither of the silly looking human's hearts were beating, and in fact neither of these humans smelled like other ones either. Not-humans with hearts that would not beat. This description matched the one its master had given it to look for, and it had found them. The hawk cried out and flew away from the scene, eager to give its master the information he was looking for.

If plans go as planned, this chaptor will end around part 8 or 9. I don't think it'll go as far as 10, but it might.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Hmm, since you've been keen enough to realize how I've been spelling certain words, I'll give you a little tidbit. Very few books survived from the world before, and what remains of the world before is actually very little. Some words carried over don't exactly match their previous spellings (Arc, Chaptor, and a few others you haven't spotted are but a few)
    Ah, the evolution of language.

A few I haven't spotted? Hmm...
    Spoiler
    Show
    snake like vehicle.
    Or "snake-like".
    front most seat.
    "Front-most"? Then again, online dictionaries seem to say that "snakelike" and "frontmost" are words.
    "I know only what I saw, his ability and relative skill point towards this fact," Gregori proposed, "I could be mistaken, however the chances of such a flaw in my systems are minimal."
    What? "Ability"? "Skill point"?
    stumbling into Jesse's corpse.
    Ew.
    the same incisions lined her flesh as well.
    Are they really incisions?
    millions of black tendrils now residing under her skin.
    Millions? That means each one takes up about 40 cubic mm of space (I think).
    Jesse only tried to breath once more,
    "Breathe", isn't it? Or is this intentional?
    Maxwell's pupils had spread to cover both of his eyes. They swirled in front of Jesse's. Jesse's mind was enraptured by Maxwell's swirling irises, and she stopped in her attempts to breath.
    There it is again. Hmm. Also, how can she see his irises if his pupils are covering his eyes?
    "Fire, my hand, everything goes blank."
    That's a helpful answer.
    Jesse fell in Maxwell's arms.
    Wasn't she lying down?
    Gergori interrupted the silence by saying, "It is good she resisted. The foul creature that killed her would have taken over her mind if she didn't."
    *Gregori
    Before Maxwell could finish, a black tendril crept out of Jesse's left nostril, and before Maxwell could finish his sentence, cut off his hand. Maxwell hissed in surprise and leapt back in fear. Jesse's tendril fled back up her nose, and she ran out of the bar into the night. Maxwell grabbed his hand, and began to run after her, screaming for her to wait.
    If the crowd didn't notice that, they really are mediocre.

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-10
    Dexterity-15
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-6
    Wisdom-9
    Charisma-23

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I kept trying to tell office 365 that hyphens exist for a reason, but it kept on ignoring me. And I can't believe I messed up the word breathe, that's like my favorite pink floyd song T.T
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeclanRead View Post
    The moon has a face, I completely agree.
    CONSPIRACY 2018, MOON HASSA FACE, VAMPYRES ARE REAL, AND AI'S ARE CRAZY MAN! finishes advil

JKJK, this book isn't drug fueled. You can tell because of its realistic setting XD

EDIT: This post of course relates to Claritin and other perscription drugs acquired legally. Don't smite me mods >_>
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2018-08-03 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Mod Smitage

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Stay healthy, Celticbear. I want the rest of the story. Unless, of course, the book IS drug-fueled, in which case I volunteer to help with the "writing" so as to not OD.
    : elan:

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-10
    Dexterity-15
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-6
    Wisdom-9
    Charisma-23

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elanasaurus View Post
    Stay healthy, Celticbear. I want the rest of the story. Unless, of course, the book IS drug-fueled, in which case I volunteer to help with the "writing" so as to not OD.
    : elan:
    I am a good boy, the most lethal thing I'm taking is advil and that's only when annoying people start talking.

. . .

Crap XD

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Hi Celticbear, what's up with the story? Too busy at the moment?

Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Strength-10
    Dexterity-15
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-6
    Wisdom-9
    Charisma-23