New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Of Emperors and Presidents IC

Right then, I'm back and he hasn't shown. Since the game's starting soon I'll give thewamp the spot immediately... if you need more time than Wednesday, let me know.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiscal Mereor, by NecroPaladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyrian, describing my very own Fourth Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    ...god damned moron organizations full of morons...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah, it would be cool if there was an extra day or so. Since there's obviously not going to be builds or retreats, that wouldn't screw the schedule, I think?

And:

India welcomes all to visit its beautiful nation, though we regret that we can allow diplomats and tourists only: our facilities are not currently set up to accommodate foreign armies and there are no plans change this. Any foreign military forces will be kindly reminded to return to their homeland and then, failing obedience, summarily crushed.

We hope we can all prosper in peace.

Ancient Religious Texts Discovered

In the ruins of a long forgotten city in southern India, explorers found a sunken Temple with many religious scriptures. While these are still being interpreted, the gist seems to point to an unknown land promised to the Indian people. Further updates will be posted as events transpire.
    Last edited by thewamp; 2007-09-11 at 12:40 PM.
    It says signature, but when I tried to sign my name, I just got pen on my computer screen.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair
    Turkey - Fly Like a Butterfly
    French Austrians - Realpolitik

Want to play diplomacy? Want to GM a game? Want to learn what the game is? Good.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by thewamp View Post
    Yeah, it would be cool if there was an extra day or so. Since there's obviously not going to be builds or retreats, that wouldn't screw the schedule, I think?
    True.

Okay, everybody, move orders are due Thursday at 10:00 PM EST first turn only.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

well it is a good thing that there is a delay. because as embarrising as it is I can't read the name of one of my provinces. I have Kiel, Berlin and Munich but what is the 4th?

and as a pre-emptive measure here is the head line for you

GERMAN CHANCELLOR FAILS HIGH SCHOOL GEOGRAPHY

It recently came to our attention that the german Kaiser failed his geography classes, and is incapable of naming all of the German provinces. In response to this the Kaiser is reported as saying; "Well, when the entire world is controlled by Germany there will be a whole lot more Germans that have similar difficulties, as it will be really hard to name all of those provinces."
    we are not sure we are very keen on his apparent expansionistic views.

OoC: Seriously, though i enlarged the map but the text is on the line so i can't read the name of the province.

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Vexen View Post
    well it is a good thing that there is a delay. because as embarrising as it is I can't read the name of one of my provinces. I have Kiel, Berlin and Munich but what is the 4th?
    pos, I believe. No idea what it stands for though
    It says signature, but when I tried to sign my name, I just got pen on my computer screen.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair

Want to play diplomacy? Want to GM a game? Want to learn what the game is? Good.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

there is a Poznan in Poland. Maybe it has something to do with that.

7. - Top - End - #37

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vexen View Post
    there is a Poznan in Poland. Maybe it has something to do with that.
    The territory is referred to as Posen by jDip (it uses full names at certain times). I believe that this is some alternate name (the German name, perhaps?) by which the aforementioned Poznan is known, however. So you're right, I guess. I think.
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

It would be shortened to POS then for orders. Thank you for the clarification.

On another note I am seriously debating using the title. Kaiser Vexen, the not-so-wise as Vittorio. More for the python reference than anything really.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Peking Observer

China Celebrates New Year
    All China celebrates the beginning of the Year of the Ox. Large celebrations were marked in all major Chinese cities, especially in Peking and Shang-hai.

Nationalism on the Rise
    In China and elsewhere the new year is marked by the prominence of nationalism in foreign affairs. China, having recently shaken off the yoke of European domination, seeks to regain its rightful role as one of the powers of Asia. In the rest of the world, great powers prepare their forces for war and territorial expansion. Reports for preparations for military movements have come in from across the globe. Read all of the breaking developments here!

China Agrees to Joint Administration
    China has agreed to the Northeast Asia Joint Administration Agreement. The Agreement, put forth by the Japanese Empire, divides NE Asia into three distinct spheres of influence. The Japanese will gain Korea, while China gains Manchuria. Russia maintains its presence in Vladivostok, along with guarantees of its sovereignty over the Seas of Japan and Ohktosk along with Siberia. Foreign Adviser Han Xiang Zi had this for comment: "China believes that this Agreement will allow our great Empires to expand in peace. We look forward to continuing cooperation with Russia and Japan, and believe our peaceful coexistence will serve as an example for the entire world."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Prinz Ferdinand administers China's joint

More drug jokes to follow
    Marshal Josip Broz Tito avatar by Electric_Monkey

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

The Yomiuri Shimbun

Imperial Family Celebrates birth of Heir!

Great celebration has filled Japan! The Chrysanthemum Throne beirs a new heir. Heir apparent Michinomiya has been born to Crown Prince Yoshihito and Crown Princess Sadako. The young child was born April 29 in the Aoyama palace in Tokyo. The entire country will be celebrating the arrival of the newest member of the Imperial Family with much fanfare and gladness. A portrait of the new heir apparent will be presented to the Imperial Diet Kizokuin (House of Peers) and the Imperial Diet Shūgiin (House of Representatives) within the coming weeks.

Katsura Tarō Elected Prime Minister

Katsura Tarō, former Minister of War and hero both Boshin Sensō (Boshin War) and of the Battle of Niuchwang in the late conflict with the Chinese, Minister Katsura is expected to expand influence in Asia with his greater posistion in the national government. Recently having helped draft the North-East Asian Joint Administration Agreement, Minister Katsura intends to, with his fellow ministers and members of the Supreme War Council, solidify Japan as one of the Great Powers and maintain a peaceful co-exsistance with other nations.

"Our future occupation and marginalization of Korean, which is expected to be completed by October of this year will place us in an effective posistion in Asia. Our placing the Sea of Japan as a neutral border between us and the Russians, along with the careful monitoring of joint fleet actions in the East China Sea will allow us the flexibility of not fearing for our own territory and prevent unecessary war."
    -Katsuro Tarō
    Last edited by Elder_Kin; 2007-09-13 at 04:31 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Whoops...

I just realized that I forgot to post a 24-hour warning last night. Two sets of orders are still out, and since I forgot to warn you guys, I won't put down NMRs for those countries just yet--but for those of you who haven't sent in orders yet, make sure they're in to me ASAP.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Spring 1901

Orders:

Austria
    A bud-mon
    A klu-ser
    F tri-adr
    A vie-klu

China
    F can-sch
    A han-sik
    A pek-man

England
    F edi-nrg
    F joh-tha (Coast unspecified. Unit assigned hold order.)
    F liv-iri
    F lon-nth

France
    F bre-eng
    A mar-spa
    A par-pic
    F sai-gos

Germany
    A ber-kie
    F kie-hol
    A mun-ruh
    A pos-sax

India
    A cal-brm
    A del-afg
    F mad-ara

Italy
    F mag-dan
    F nap-ion
    A rom-apu
    A ven-tyr

Japan
    F kyo-soj
    F osa-ecs
    F tok-npo

Russia
    A mos-stp
    A oms-sib
    F sev-bla (Bounced with ank 1:1)
    F stp/sc-gob
    F vla holds
    A war-ukr

Turkey
    F ank-bla (Bounced with sev 1:1)
    A bag-ira
    A con-bul
    A smy-arm
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

BlueKnightGuy

Headline News:

Ethiopia and Pentopolis to be absorbed into Italian Empire

Trouble in Adriatic Makes Tyrolian General Uneasy

Ottoman Empire Respects Italian Claims to Africa

French Fleets Threaten London

Kaiser Vexen Gives Sweden to Russia

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Excerpts from the Moscow Serf

...The Czar mobilized his armies recently in response to clear Ottoman aggression. His minister of War warned the Russian people that they may be called on to repel the invaders...

...English fleets have been spotted in a position that can only be poised to invade Norway. The Czar maintains his claims over Norway are irrefutable, and that if the English proceed with their belligerence, war seems inevitable...

...Sweden will be welcomed into the Russian domain this winter, and invitations to a celebratory ball have been given to Swedish nobility. It remains to be seen if any will attend...

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

smile Re: Of Emperors and Presidents IC

England in Grave Danger

There have been many reports of French and German fleets closing in on the borders of England's beloved capital. Sources say that the Prime Minister is currently in a conference with the Queen herself to decide what action to take in the seasons to come.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

Just as a suggestion. Since we have a new dude, could we update the opening post say thewamp is India? Just a little tid bit.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

English Apology to Germans

Recent reports have come in, stating that the only real threat to the English Empire at this current time are the French fleets bordering London. Sources say that the Queen decided to retract her previous statement because she misinterpreted the signs of the battle.

19. - Top - End - #49

Okay, so my congratulations to you all--despite my complete failure to post a 24-hour warning (next time I'll write on myself as a reminder, promise), all but one of you have submitted orders on time. Because I failed to warn you all again, I'll just adjucate once I get all orders in.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

French Confused by England's Accusal

The french prime minister was disturbed when he learned of England accusing him of agression. In a response speech from paris, he announced that the mobilization of the fleet into the english channel was purely defensive. Jaques Sol said that he beleived that the English could very easily launch an attack upon French soil, and wished to fortify the position.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor

21. - Top - End - #51

BlueKnightGuy

Excerpted from King Vittorio's recent speech in Milan:

When will my peers stop fooling around and just call a pot a pot? It's called the English Channel for a reason. Yvan eht nioj. French fleets really have no business being there unless they want to tick off England. If Prime Minister Dwayna had ordered her fleet there, President Sol would be having a fit right now, talking about England's plans to invade France. Yvan eht nioj. They really should have just both steered clear of the place ... Yvan eht nioj.

-Albert Einstein

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

See this is what happens when communication breaks down. I think the japanese have contacted every single nation personally (I think I might have left italy and Hungary out of the loop) but that's about it I think.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Italians Have a Point

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Austrians Concerned about Expansionist Italy

Serbia to be Brought Back Into the Austrian Empire

Prinz is a Little Hammered on Whiskey, Thank You Ireland
    Marshal Josip Broz Tito avatar by Electric_Monkey

25. - Top - End - #55

Inexplicable Patriotism
    The number of Indian men joining the Navy recently has increased slightly, a result pleasing to High Priest Wampdhi. "I am glad they feel strong enough in their fate to lay their lives on the line for the Navy."

Reports that an astounding percentage of the new recruits speak Italian continues to puzzle military experts. "It's as if understanding Italian led to them feeling compelled to join the Navy. But that's preposterous."

Slavery in Turkey Continues
    Special Indian "reporters" inside of Turkey report that the gradual enslavement of all non-Turks in Turkey continues, leading to much conflict While no firm death toll has been established, it is widely believed that the number exceeds 10,000.

In an angry speech today, Wampdhi proclaimed "We will not stand for this. We will not let leaders oppress others so cruelly. We shall fight them on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets... and we'll sort of just fight them in general."

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

The Yomiuri Shimbun

Japanese Visit Rome in an Attempt to Open Diplomatic Relations

All roads lead to rome, an old italian adage has certainly proven true in the case of 14 Japanese nobles and 2 MP who made a recent visit to the Italian capital. Minister of Foreign Affairs, Komura Jutarō and Prime minister Katsura Tarō visited the peninsular nation this November as part of an attempt to expand Japanese awareness of western states. There they were introduced to many interesting cuisines such as the legendary "Spaghetti" and "Pizza". These delicious treats were enjoyed by the visitors and most likely will incur a visit from the Emperor himself in the near future.

27. - Top - End - #57

BlueKnightGuy

OoC: For everyone who has played with me before, I apologize for repeating my jokes. Yvan eht nioj. Heck, I didn't even make that up, I stole it from The Simpsons.

-Albert Einstein

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

I was wondering if you were either crazy or a simpsons fan.

29. - Top - End - #59

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elder_Kin View Post
    I was wondering if you were either crazy or a simpsons fan.
    "Who you tryin' to get crazy with, ese, don't you know I'm loco?"

-Albert Einstein

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Memorial for Queen Victoria

Today the English took a moment to remember her majesty Queen Victoria, who died early last season. The new Monarch is said to be her husband, Prince Albert, son of Ernst, Duke of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha. This is unconfirmed as of late.