3. France: 6 SCs
    3. China: 6 SCs
    3. Japan: 6 SCs
    4. India: 5 SCs
    4. Austria: 5 SCs
    5. England: 4 SCs
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Of Emperors and Presidents IC

France Notices Russia's Gargantuan Growth

England in Shambles: Could it Be the End for this Once Glorious Nation?

India and Austria Behind the Pack; Could this Spell Doom for these Empires?
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Russia notices French... French-ness

Russian Recruiting Drive Result of Especially Cold Winter. Soldiers Say "The uniforms are just way warmer. We also get free Vodka."

Czar wonders at mysterious disappearance of French, English and German African colonies, "Its like the Boer wars and an entire century of Imperialism never happened."

Small kingdoms conquered simultaneously around Europe. Czar worries that Monarchs are becoming an endangered species.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Latest Headlines

Russia Should Definitely Get That Growth Checked Out, Say Doctors

Boer War Now Called "Offshore Box G War" By Historians

French and Italians Leaders Get Lost in Hall of Mirrors, Clown Comes to Rescue

Russian Juggernaut Apparently Runs on Vodka
    Last edited by Elektro; 2007-09-26 at 11:38 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Size of Indian Nation Impugned
    The Indians were deeply offended by French comments suggesting that their nation was "not very big." "After all," said Wampdhi in a prepared speech, "it's not the size that matters, it's how you handle it. One might have a massive nation, but not be able to figure out where it is best to put their forces. Indian troops are experts in combat, can go on all day long and leave our enemies tired and spent. No general has ever accused his troops of being unsatisfying. We always get what needs to be done, done. Indian troops accomplish their task at exactly the right pace and the whole army works together like a heavily oiled machine.

We are India and this is our time!"
    Last edited by thewamp; 2007-09-26 at 09:43 AM.
    It says signature, but when I tried to sign my name, I just got pen on my computer screen.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair
    Turkey - Fly Like a Butterfly
    French Austrians - Realpolitik

Want to play diplomacy? Want to GM a game? Want to learn what the game is? Good.

6. - Top - End - #96

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thewamp View Post
    Size of Indian Nation Impugned
    The Indians were deeply offended by French comments suggesting that their nation was "not very big." "After all," said Wampdhi in a prepared speech, "it's not the size that matters, it's how you handle it. One might have a massive nation, but not be able to figure out where it is best to put their forces. Indian troops are experts in combat, can go on all day long and leave our enemies tired and spent. No general has ever accused his troops of being unsatisfying. We always get what needs to be done, done. Indian troops accomplish their task at exactly the right pace and the whole army works together like a heavily oiled machine.

We are India and this is our time!"
    OoC: If I had been drinking something when I read this, it would now be all over my computer screen. Well done.

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

7. - Top - End - #97

BlueKnightGuy

King Vittorio Defends India

In response to recent stories regarding Indian virility, Our Eminence King Vittorio had this to say:

"Do not be so hard on the Indians; they are hard enough on themselves. And they don't use fancy-pants technological methods to augment themselves: squats, push-ups, the Thigh Master - Indian soldiers do it all in the name of natural military enhancement. We also expect that the Indian military will only continue to grow in response to stimulation from foreign powers. This year alone they managed to double the amount of their seamen."

-Albert Einstein

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

25(ish) Hour Warning: Moves due tomorrow at 10:00 EST

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Geneva Gazette

Swiss Military Analysts Concur on the Subject of India
    Invasion of India would be "Very hard", say some
    Swiss military analysts have issued statements agreeing with earlier Italian releases regarding India. "The Indians know the natural peaks and valleys of the terrain in Asia." Said Dr. Buck Turgidson, an American military scholar visiting the University of Geneva. "They know their way around, and as such have the full run of the land, whereas an invading force might find themselves constrained to certain exposed areas at first." "Deep penetration into India's untrimmed wilderness would be extremely difficult," Agreed Dr. Hans Pimmel, also of the University, "especially if the enemy attacks at the wrong time. An offensive during the rainy season would be disastrous for the attacker."
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiscal Mereor, by NecroPaladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyrian, describing my very own Fourth Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    ...god damned moron organizations full of morons...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

Yomiuri Shimbun

Minister of the Imperial Navy Comissions Formation of Combined Fleet.

Tokyo, April 2, 1902

Minister of the Imperial Navy, Yamamoto Gonnohyōe along with chief of the Imperial Navy General Staff Admiral Ito Sukeyuki commissioned yesterday the formation of the third combined fleet in response to suspicions of Indian aggression.

The fleet will be headed by Admiral Tōgō Heihachirō, a hero of the Battle of Yalu. The fleet will be seperated into two distinct parts. IJN 1st fleet will be headed by Admiral Ito. It will be of the finest and newest vessels of the Imperial Navy. The fleet will include the flagship of the admiral, the glorious battleship Mikasa along with the battleships Hatsuse and Shikishima. The fleets home will be the Philippines. It's home port Manila will house the three battle groups led by the battleships mentioned above along with several other cruisers support vessels. It's operating zone will extend from Java to Tokyo. The fleets job will be to protect Chinese and Japanese shipping from possible Indian and French incursion.

The second fleet will have some older vessels but will nonetheless be a ruthless force on the high seas. Headed by Kamimura Hikonojō the flagship Asama heavily armored cruiser along with the Yashima , the Fuji, and the Asahi battleships. The fleet will have two bases, one in Kareila the other in Kyoto. Patrol of the north pacific and south pacific from incursion along with the protection of Japanese citizens in the occupied territory of Korea.

10. - Top - End - #100

Spring 1902 Moves

Austria:
    F alb-gre
    A klu-vie
    A mon-alb
    A ser supports F alb-gre

China:
    F can-sch
    A han-kan
    A man-omo
    A pek-inn (bounced 1:1 with sin)
    F sai holds
    A vtn-lao

England:
    F ire-iri
    F joh-mal
    F nth holds
    F nrg-nwy (failed because A stp-nwy succeeded)

France:
    F bre-eng
    F cam holds
    F eng-lon
    A lon-wal
    A par-gas
    A spa-por

Germany:
    A bel eats some fresh waffles (Invalid order. Hold order assigned.)
    F ber-bal
    A den goes sightseeing (Invalid order. Hold order assigned.)
    F hol-nth (bounced 1:1 with nth)
    F kie-hel
    A mun-boh
    A pos-sil

India:
    A afg supports A del-snd
    A brm-tha
    A del-snd
    F mad-eio
    F yem-per

Italy:
    F eth-red
    F ion-tun
    F nap-ion
    A pen-egy
    F rom-tys
    A ven-pie

Japan:
    F kor holds
    F kar-soo
    F kyo-soj
    F osa-ecs
    F phi-cel
    F tok-spo

Russia:
    A mos supports F sev
    A oms-sib
    A rum supports F sev
    F sev holds
    A sin-inn (bounced 1:1 with pek)
    A stp-nwy
    F swe supports A stp-nwy
    F vla holds
    A war holds

Turkey:
    A arm-sev (bounced 3:3 with sev)
    A bag supports A ira
    F bla supports A arm-sev
    A bul holds
    A con supports A bul
    A ira supports A arm-sev

No Retreats. Fall 1902 Orders due Thursday, October 4th.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

11. - Top - End - #101

BlueKnightGuy

War With France!

The Italian Empire has proudly joined the fight against the cruel and unusual French Republic under the maniacal President Jacques Sol. Our fleets are poised to control the Western Mediterranean by the Fall and to start seriously kicking the French around next year. And there was much rejoicing.

Colonization of Africa Undisturbed By War Effort

Despite the large-scale attack on the French this season, Italian generals are confident that the acquisition of Egypt and of Tunisia will go off without a hitch in the coming year.

Germans Get Lost, Are Told To Get Lost

According to international diplomats in Eastern Europe, the German forces that haphazardly marched East this Spring are entirely unwelcome there. It is expected that they will either withdraw in the Fall or throw a massive tantrum.

-Albert Einstein

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

German Report

German military officials are outraged at the Italian implications of their being lost. "We are not lost, we know exactly where we are! Always!" They told press agents today. Later they added; "We just don't have a clue as to what we are doing here."

They were also quite upset about the accusations of throwing tantrums. "I am afraid that being whiners on the battlefield is strictly an Italian military strategy. That and using tanks and battleships only to attack people who either use spears or capitulate. German morale has never been higher, what with the recent sightseeing opportunity and extra waffles in the rations."

Kaiser Vexen's response to the seemingly random troop movements in the east responded: "I don't know anything about the troop movements. I just have a really cool map with pewter figurines on it. I just like moving them around randomly, I figure if I don't know what I am going to do next, then there is no way foriegn spies will figure it out."
    Last edited by Vexen; 2007-09-28 at 09:06 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sudden Italian Hostilities Disturb France

In a recent report from the desk of Minister Jaques Sol,

"Italy has just declared war upon France, right after signing a peace treaty with us. This is despicable. While we attacked England uprovokedly, we made no false pretensions of peace before doing so. What Italy did is completely unforgivable. I call all of their other neighbors; Austria, Germany, Turkey, India. I call you to bring the mighty hammer of war down upon this empire of darkness. For the good of the world, I beg of you."
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor

14. - Top - End - #104

India Sends Warhammer

In response to the French request, India sent Italy a Warhammer to assist in its war effort against France. "We don't know how it could actually help militarily," said Wampdhi, "but it looks pretty cool, so we figure it'll help keep up troop morale. We think it's nice that even with war on their borders, France can think of the enemy's troops' morale.
    Last edited by thewamp; 2007-09-28 at 09:23 AM.
    It says signature, but when I tried to sign my name, I just got pen on my computer screen.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair

Want to play diplomacy? Want to GM a game? Want to learn what the game is? Good.

15. - Top - End - #105

BlueKnightGuy

Erratum

In yesterday's issue of Il Mondo, we ran a story stating that Italy had declared war on France. According to a complaint lodged by King Vittorio's press secretary, we misheard the speech from which we drew this story. In fact, King Vittorio delivered a passionate speech declaring war on pants. Apparently the leader of our country has decided that he no longer feels constrained by societal norms and shall henceforth no longer wear pants. He hears that there is a disturbingly high concentration of pants-wearers in the city of Marseilles and has launched a discrete military mission against the city. We are so very glad that we haven't invented the television yet.

-Albert Einstein

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

smile Re: Of Emperors and Presidents IC

Take Over of Wales Enrages PM
    Wales AKA "The Dragon State", was taken over by a French Army this Spring. It has ben reported that the PM infact loves the mythical beast, giving even more reason for us to still be at war with France.

Italy Joins the Fight?
    It is said that the Italians might have joined the fight against the French, but such reports have been unconfirmed as of late due to a supposed misunderstanding.

India: Friend or Foe?
    The Indians seem to be also against the French, as they have reported to send a Warhammer to Italy as of late in the supposed war against France. It is also unconfirmed that India is entirely against France or not, for they have not declared an assured alliance or war with France or anyone associated with the French as such.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vienna Eyes German Troops Nervously

Prinz Declares France A Pack Of Crybabies

Pants Drop In Italy, Textile Sector Limping

Greece Folded In To Austrian Empire
    Marshal Josip Broz Tito avatar by Electric_Monkey

18. - Top - End - #108

BlueKnightGuy

OoC: If anyone wishes to speak to me via instant message, my AIM screen name is LondonWerewolf6. Extra points for anyone who gets the reference. And no, it's not the film An American Werewolf in London.

-Albert Einstein

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shanghai Daily

China Welcomes Italy to Empires of Darkness Club
    Chinese officials welcomed Italy into the Empires of Darkness club today after it was denounced by the French. "We're glad to have another member of this illustrious organization," club director Wei Po remarked. "We're sending your super-secret decoder pin and x-ray goggles now!" Chinese officials look forward to sending secret messages to their Italian counterparts. To join, leaders only need to send in 16 Ovaltine labels along with their nomination from the French.

Chinese Armies Storm Into Mongolia
    In response to repeat insults from the Russians, Chinese units have occupied Mongolia. Chinese generals expect to remove the Russian threat to China completely within the next few years.

Standoff over Java?
    Tensions are flaring in the Southern Pacific as both Japanese and Indian forces move on Java. It appears that the British Fleet will hold to key to which nation will win the battle.

OoC: Moody, its a Warren Zevon reference. I've researched your old games.
    Last edited by Elektro; 2007-10-02 at 01:02 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

(Completely OoC on this one: But does anyone else get annoyed that they abbreviations on this map are different than in standard diplomacy?)

21. - Top - End - #111

BlueKnightGuy

Open Letter to China

Can we please be called the Axis of Darkness instead? Pretty pretty please with a dead Parisian on top? It has such a nicer ring to it.

-Albert Einstein

22. - Top - End - #112

BlueKnightGuy

24 Hour warning? Are Fall 1902 orders due tomorrow night, Muller?

-Albert Einstein

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Austria Offers to Host Axis of Darkness Meetings in Constantinople, As Soon As It's Conquered
    Marshal Josip Broz Tito avatar by Electric_Monkey

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

Emperor Demands Axis of Darkness Meetings Be Held Closer. Doesn't Like Carrying Miniatures So Far.
    Last edited by Elder_Kin; 2007-10-04 at 03:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

BlueKnightGuy

Axis of Darkness: Everyone But France?

Does France have any allies? Or is it just the awesomeness of the name that has lead to such a rise in membership interest. To all you hopefuls out there - don't forget your Ovaltine labels!

-Albert Einstein

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

I for one refuse to join this so called "Axis of Darkness", despite its really cool name and nifty decoder rings. I do so on principles. (That and I can't stand Ovaltine commercials, so I refuse to buy their products. Thus explaining my lack of labels and inability to join.)

27. - Top - End - #117

Oh. Forgot to post the 24-hour warning again, didn't I?

Only two sets of orders are missing. Try to get those in to me sometime tonight, please.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118

BlueKnightGuy

OoC: I am going to be home on break until Tuesday night. If you wish to speak with me between now and then, send me an email at [email protected], as I can't/won't check the forums at home.

-Albert Einstein

29. - Top - End - #119

Fall 1902

Austria:
    A alb-gre
    F gre-bul/sc
    A ser s F gre-bul/sc
    A vie-gal (bounced 1:1 with boh)

China:
    A kan s A omo-sin
    A lao-cam
    A omo-sin (bounced 2:1 with sin)
    A pek-man
    F sai s A lao-cam
    F sch-for

England:
    F iri-liv (bounced 1:1 with wal)
    F mal s F eio-jav
    F nth-nwy
    F nrg s f nth-nwy

France:
    F cam-gos
    F eng-mao
    A gas-mar
    F lon s F hel-nth
    A por holds
    A wal-liv (bounced 1:1 with iri)

Germany:
    F bal s A den-swe
    A bel-bur
    A boh-gal (bounced 1:1 with vie)
    A den-swe
    F hel-nth
    F hol-bel
    A sil s A boh-gal (support cut by move from Warsaw)

India:
    A afg s A snd-ira
    F eio-jav
    F per s A snd-ira
    A snd-ira
    A tha samples the amazing food (Hold order assigned).

Italy:
    A egy holds
    F ion-tun
    A pie moons the city of Marseilles (Hold order assigned).
    F red-sue
    F tun-wes
    F tys-gol

Japan:
    F cel-jav (bounced 1:1 with eio)
    F ecs-sch
    F kor s F soj-vla
    F soj-vla
    F soo s F soj-vla
    F spo-tim

Russia:
    A mos-ukr
    A nwy s F swe (Support cut and disloged from nth)
    A rum-klu
    F sev-arm (bounced with arm, disloged from ira, cannot retreat--unit destroyed)
    A sib s A sin-omo
    A sin-omo (bounced 2:1 with omo)
    F swe holds (disloged from den)
    F vla holds (disloged from soj, cannot retreat--unit destroyed)
    A war-sil (bounced 1:1 with sil)

Turkey:
    A arm s A ira-sev
    A bag holds
    F bla s A ira-sev
    A bul-rum
    A con-bul (bounced 1:1 with gre)
    A ira-sev

Retreats due Sunday, October 7th, at 10:00 EST because I should have adjucated yesterday.

A nwy
    F swe
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

Indian World Report

1. China - 9 Supply Centers (+3)
    2. Germany - 8 Supply Centers (+1)
    2. India - 8 Supply Centers (+3)
    2. Italy - 8 Supply Centers (+2)
    2. Japan - 8 Supply Centers (+2)
    6. Austria - 6 Supply Centers (+1)
    6. France - 6 Supply Centers (0)
    6. Russia - 6 Supply Centers (-3)
    6. Turkey - 6 Supply Centers (0)
    10. England - 5 Supply Centers (+1)

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair