New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Telekinesis is the best super power, someone prove me wrong.

Every time someone asks what's the best super power I always say "Telekinesis is the best super power" without thinking twice.

Why?

Well, it's a great power to be a super hero but it's also an awesome power to just be an ordinary lazy person.

The tv remote is too far? Tk it away.
    Can't find the remote? Tk to change the channel.
    Too lazy to move? Tk to float away.
    Some tries to hurt you our rob you? Tk them to space.
    And so on...

It's just very practical and has a lot of utilitarian uses.

Besides with it you can mimic other powers.

Who don't want to fly? That's mankind’s dream since forever, but if you choose flying as a power you can do nothing but that. With telekinesis you can fly and do a bunch of other stuff.

Want to be super strong? Tactile Telekinesis got you covered.
    Super lucky? Subconscious telekinetic field.
    Burn stuff? Move the molecules very fast.
    Freeze stuff? Do the opposite.

So to me telekinesis is the best super power hands down (no pun intended).
    Last edited by S@tanicoaldo; 2018-05-24 at 10:54 AM.
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Telekinesis is the best super power, someone prove me wrong.

Eh. Reality Manipulation beats it with one Power Stunt tied behind its back.
    The last crazy minstrel.
    Creature avatar by The Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    At GITP, we don't just bite down on bait-hooks, we chew them thoroughly until the insides of our mouths are full of broken teeth, flesh-ribbons, and blood.

3. - Top - End - #3

Reality warping can bite your own ass. Gopd luck fixing the fabric of space and time after you undone it.
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Stopping time also blows telekinesis out of the water. Forget even the time travel aspects of it, just being able to stop it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

It may be the most versatile and most useful but it's not the best nor the most powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Excellent Chaotic Evil "roleplaying" The Eye. "The only people responsible for the welfare of or harm dealt to others are people who aren't me."
    "A clear horizon — nothing to worry about on your plate, only things that are creative and not destructive… I can’t bear quarreling, I can’t bear feelings between people — I think hatred is wasted energy, and it’s all non-productive." - Alfred Hitchcock

6. - Top - End - #6

Zombie

A telekinetic can do a lot of things. They'll also do those things whenever a telepath wants them to. A telepath can mentally dominate the telekinetic (and anyone else with useful powers) and use them like a toolbox.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Stopping time also blows telekinesis out of the water. Forget even the time travel aspects of it, just being able to stop it.
    Yeah, Imma vote Time Control. (I mean, obviously Reality Warping is BEST, since it can do anything, but I assume we're limited in what we can choose.)

Need more time to take a test? Stop time. Need to make money? Go in the future, Google stock histories, go back and get rich. Need to better the world? Go a hundred years in the future and bring back buttloads of medical technology.

Edit: Also, you're apparently assuming you have microscopic levels of control over your Telekinesis. I find that a touch unlikely, if for no other reason than that it's impossible for the human eye to see or otherwise observe individual molecules unaided.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2018-05-24 at 02:39 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Yeah, Imma vote Time Control. (I mean, obviously Reality Warping is BEST, since it can do anything, but I assume we're limited in what we can choose.)

Need more time to take a test? Stop time. Need to make money? Go in the future, Google stock histories, go back and get rich. Need to better the world? Go a hundred years in the future and bring back buttloads of medical technology.

Edit: Also, you're apparently assuming you have microscopic levels of control over your Telekinesis. I find that a touch unlikely, if for no other reason than that it's impossible for the human eye to see or otherwise observe individual molecules unaided.
    Aren't you afraid of causing paradoxes? Or getting stuck in time loops?

Besides isn't the key of mind powers not using your eyes but letting your mind take control? I don't think anyone needs to see stuff to affect it with mind powers.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Xuc Xac View Post
    A telekinetic can do a lot of things. They'll also do those things whenever a telepath wants them to. A telepath can mentally dominate the telekinetic (and anyone else with useful powers) and use them like a toolbox.
    Not to nitpick but do you mean mindcontrol? I thought telepathy could only communicate mentally. Someone could in theory try and ignore the commands unless it's absolute mindcontrol.

Although I could be wrong. Is there a distinct difference between mindcontrol and telepathy. Also what's Donquixote Doflamingo's specific devil fruit power again? I feel like I've seen him control other people's bodies.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The best superpower is being happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Vulcan's energy manipulation can mimic telekinesis and telepathy and does cool energy manipulation stuff so... I think it wins.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Look, I think if anyone here could prove you wrong, then they wouldn't be posting about it on an internet forum. Instead, they'd be having fun with their awesome superpower.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

With reality warping, telekinesis, and other powers activated by will... what if you don't have complete control over your will. You think of something idly and it happens.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    Every time someone asks what's the best super power I always say "Telekinesis is the best super power" without thinking twice.

Why?

Well, it's a great power to be a super hero but it's also an awesome power to just be an ordinary lazy person.

The tv remote is too far? Tk it away.
    Can't find the remote? Tk to change the channel.
    Too lazy to move? Tk to float away.
    Some tries to hurt you our rob you? Tk them to space.
    And so on...

It's just very practical and has a lot of utilitarian uses.

Besides with it you can mimic other powers.

Who don't want to fly? That's mankind’s dream since forever, but if you choose flying as a power you can do nothing but that. With telekinesis you can fly and do a bunch of other stuff.

Want to be super strong? Tactile Telekinesis got you covered.
    Super lucky? Subconscious telekinetic field.
    Burn stuff? Move the molecules very fast.
    Freeze stuff? Do the opposite.

So to me telekinesis is the best super power hands down (no pun intended).
    Ok, you assume a HELLUVA lot here.

First, you assume telekinesis requires no expenditure of effort at all. Which is, frankly, silly. Your telling me that the effort to telekinetically float yourself around takes less effort than just getting your ass up and walking? Or that you can launch a guy 100km up without breaking a sweat? Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Second, you assume ridiculous level of control. Move molecules very fast? How in the hell is your telekinesis fine tuned enough to move molecules? You literally cannot comprehend how small a molecule (any molecule) is. The human brain just isn't equipped to handle numbers of that magnitude. Why would you be able to telekinetically move molecules any better than you are able to move molecules with your hands?

For that matter, third off: why is your telekinetic power so much stronger than your muscular power? You're assuming mental super strength, but there's got to be a limit on how much telekinetic strength you can have, and there's no reason to think that you would be able to effortlessly lift cars with your mind. Again, why would your ability here be significantly increased compared to your normal ability?

Your idea of telekinesis isn't one power, it's a bunch of powers that you're just calling a single power. Which is why you're so easily able to rationalize away how you can do so many things with it; it's way more than just telekinesis, but you're ignoring that because it's convenient.

QED.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I cannot agree hard enough with Tvtyrant.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2018-05-24 at 11:37 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno that nitpicking about the level of power being assigned to an imagined superpower is very useful, guys. Yeah, it sounds like really high power, really fine control telekinesis. Arguing that its too much... too much compared to what? All our real superpowers? The ability to control time or alter reality? Both of those sound really high power and require fine control with senses we don't really have too.

For my part, I settled on shapeshifting a long time ago. Even assuming you can't just defy physics or biology with it, it opens up a lot of possibilities. You might even be able to avoid aging, which could be cool.

16. - Top - End - #16

The ability to conclusively win arguments, for all time. It can never be brought back up. It is irrevocably resolved in your favour. Even if your opinion changes at a later date it is retroactively and unassailably correct.

Proof ; with this ability no one could disagree about telekinesis being the best.
    Secondary proof ; despite the paradoxical nature of the above statement interacting with the superpower of winning arguments being the best, everyone is still unable to do, say, or think anything contrariwise.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    I dunno that nitpicking about the level of power being assigned to an imagined superpower is very useful, guys. Yeah, it sounds like really high power, really fine control telekinesis. Arguing that its too much... too much compared to what? All our real superpowers? The ability to control time or alter reality? Both of those sound really high power and require fine control with senses we don't really have too.
    As opposed to arbitrarily assigning powers unlimited abilities? I don't think it's unreasonable to say, for instance, super speed doesn't mean you can run around the world five times in a single sprint, it just means you can move incredibly fast, and you'd need super endurance in addition if you want to be like Flash.

Without debating reasonable limitations, then it's a pointless thought exercise. Why, my mind control is the best power ever, because I can mind control everybody at once and also tell where they are in the world and also it has unlimited range so I can tell if aliens exist because I can feel their minds and control them as well and since I have access to their minds I can understand their language and create all the technologies they have and also I have the ridiculous telekinesis power described because I can control that person as well.

Or we could agree to reasonable limitations and not have a bunch of nerds trying to outdo each other with more perfecter powers that can do everything.

18. - Top - End - #18

Peelee, I have a question!

What does ETA mean in the context of your first post? Because the only initialism I know for ETA is Estimated Time of Arrival.

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Peelee, I have a question!

What does ETA mean in the context of your first post? Because the only initialism I know for ETA is Estimated Time of Arrival.
    Edited To Add. The vast majority of my edits are either typo correction or minor rewording, so when I add anything substantial I tag it.

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Edited To Add. The vast majority of my edits are either typo correction or minor rewording, so when I add anything substantial I tag it.
    Ah. Oki.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Ah. Oki.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.
    Anytime! That's my superpower.

22. - Top - End - #22

Planetar

Having been bedridden with a fever the last few days, I think Wolverine-style healing/disease immunity/immortality might be the best superpower.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The ability to steal somebody else's superpower.

1: Find the guy with telekinesis
    2: Steal his telekinesis
    3: *Evil Laugh*
    4: ???
    5: Profit
    6: When you get bored/telekinesis turns out to suck, go get a new superpower.

Stealing Superpowers is the best superpower, somebody prove me wrong.
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Goaty14 View Post

What if you're the only one with a superpower?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Goaty14 View Post

Everyone else on the planet's superpower is not having one.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

I believe that girl from that Stephen King book was able to set things on fire with Telekinesis, maybe that's where S@tanicoaldo got the idea. But I agree setting things on fire with your mind should be another set of powers.

Anyway, to me mind control is disgusting and unethical, anyone who thinks that's a great super power to have should really consider their moral compass.

I think teleportation is the best super power, I would love to have a power like that movie "Jumper" It's a bad movie but the best example of how fun and overpowered teleportation can be.

Constant happiness may be pathological, imagine how curse like would be someone who can feel nothing but happiness.

And that's why reality warping is so dangerous someone could use their powers to make the entire universe nothing but happy people, this may seem noble but that would be terrible, other feelings are important too.
    Last edited by Amazon; 2018-05-25 at 03:49 PM.
    "The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door."

I want more Strong female characters.

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    Anyway, to me mind control is disgusting and unethical, anyone who thinks that's a great super power to have should really consider their moral compass.
    I agree, since I only pulled it out to make a point.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

I agree, since I only pulled it out to make a point.
    I was talking about Xuc Xac.

But anyway I belive Jean Grey is able to do all the stuff th OP said in both the comics and the movies.

Also, just look at what Akira and Tetsuo Shima are able to do, telekinesis is very powerful.
    Last edited by Amazon; 2018-05-25 at 04:20 PM.
    "The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door."

I want more Strong female characters.

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"

29. - Top - End - #29

I was talking about Xuc Xac.
    Whoops! My bad.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

What if you're the only one with a superpower?
    Everyone else on the planet's superpower is not having one.
    Then obviously 1) You're not looking hard enough or 2) You're also immortal, having sucked out everybody else's superpowers now that nobody has one.

In a discussion about superpowers, I'm going to assume this isn't the 1/1,000 time you're the only guy with it. Even then, you're doing pretty good in the other 999, right?

Not really. There are plenty of good actions that can be done via mind control (for starters, you could cure addiction, "convince" people out of suicide, and probably rid the world of evil by making your way around like ghandi). However, yes, there are plenty of evil ways to use mind control, but what sets the good/evil applicability away from any other superpower?
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning