New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Confessions 3: Spilling The Beans Remix

Quote Originally Posted by the_brazenburn View Post
    Confession: I am asexual and aromantic, but pretend not to be because I am curious about dating and such. I have had girlfriends, but actually never really felt much attachment to them.

I suppose that makes me a horrible person.
    Not really, after all you might not always be asexual or aromantic, or you might find a person that works. And frankly if it's only a couple weeks, you didn't really have "girlfriends" and you weren't at the stage where you should really have been feeling a great deal of attachment (unless you're somebody who latches on really quickly).
    My Avatar is Glimtwizzle, a Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist by Cuthalion.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Real Confession: Back when I was a teenager during my school basketball days I finally made my first shot and I start dancing all over the gym. My assistant coach told me to stop dancing and so I did. My team won of course and it was a scrimmage against a public high school which is next to my old school. My dancing causes so much attention to the other team cheerleaders. The cheerleaders ask me to dance with them and so I did. My dancing with the cheerleaders causing the other players (their boyfriends) to be jealous at me. So this was my cue to leave. Best confession ever.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Real confession: I'm sitting upside down.

Also, I can't write online dating messages to save my life.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_brazenburn View Post
    Confession: I am asexual and aromantic, but pretend not to be because I am curious about dating and such. I have had girlfriends, but actually never really felt much attachment to them.

I suppose that makes me a horrible person.
    There's a chance you could find someone else who is asexual and aromantic whom you like enough to be with for the companionship, if nothing else.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I love playing mostly good-aligned Drow in D&D 3.5.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

- In 5e D&D healing is less important. I actually enjoyed healing being more of a resource, and I enjoyed playing a cleric.

- I am an insurance agent and I looked the other way when a co-worker stole a customer as he needed some sales.

I am not sure if I mentioned these in the past:

- In my 20's I accidently asked out several girls on dates. I even showed up to on "date" with a date. I had lots of slashed tires.

- In high school I was perused by the girl voted most attractive in the class. I would have gone out with her if she asked.

- I married my best friends little sister. I married way out of my league.

- When I was about 25 my wife inherited $144,000 as a 100% complete surprise (I never get to talk about money stuff).

- After a big lay-off I was offered a position "in the field" and turned it down thinking it was climbing up poles . . . I think I was dead wrong.

- Sometimes I wear overalls so that store clerks do not approach me (they are also comfortable).

- I am shocked when I see someone other than me in overalls, especially grown men.

- I stopped a Chinese tourist in her tracks wearing overalls once. I also think that she stopped to gape as she thought that I had two wives (we were with a female friend, and her child).

- My 401(k) went up about 40% to 50% under Trump investing in Aerospace and Defense (I never get to talk about money stuff).

- Taking my wife's pension into account (converting 75% of her current pay as an asset), we became quizi-millionaires this year. Kinda-sorta . . . as long as she remains at the job and retires in 15-20 years.
    Last edited by darkrose50; 2019-03-11 at 07:21 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Confession: I feel like optimized all the Non-Tier 1 classes in Dungeons and Dragons Version 3.5 games is very meaningless and doesn't have any good reputation to shine unlike the Tier 1 classes.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Diamond View Post
    Confession: I cry when watching movies. Like, almost every movie I watch, even when I've seen the movie before. And I mostly watch Disney and Pixar movies. I just rewatched Bolt and was all choked up for most of the movie.
    I do that too. It doesn't even necessarily matter what the movie is about or how emotionally moving it is. I've always wondered why.

About two years ago the eye doctor told me I had something going on with my tear ducts, especially if I stare at a screen for a long period of time without blinking or otherwise looking away. I guess I have my answer now.

9. - Top - End - #219

I cry at movies because I am still emotionally disturbed by my medical trauma.
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I cry in the movies too when it comes to animation and live action movies.

11. - Top - End - #221

I love my brother and sisters

Side employment:

sig thread is here

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Confession: I love dragons. Especially the Dragon Deities in D&D 3.5 games.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

I accidentally started a grease fire in my kitchen last night while trying to prepare dinner. I was going to stir fry some beef and vegetables, so I put some oil in my pan and cranked up the heat. I went back to chopping vegetables while the oil heated up, and I guess I left it a bit too long because suddenly there was a fire in my pan.

I was able to grab a fire extinguisher and put it out quickly, then called the fire department to come look it over and clear the smoke out of my apartnemtn. No one was hurt and nothing was even really damaged (except possibly my stir fry pan, which I dumped in the sink to sort out later while I cleaned up everything else).

I'm torn between feeling proud that I handled the fire quickly and calmly, and feeling monumentally stupid for letting it happen in the first place.

The worst part is, I didn't even really want to cook last night! I wanted to get a pizza, but I convinced myself to be responsible and use up the veggies in my fridge before they started to spoil.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Okay. Back in October I walked away from my job with Wal-Mart. I worked there for just shy of 15 years.
    I have been living off of my 401k and plan to do so for at least a few months more. I'm going to use the time to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life.
    At least, that is the plan. So far, I haven't come up with anything solid. I've thought about security work, but I'm not positive I have the temper for it. I have also considered working at the airport doing baggage loading. It is similar to unloading a truck trailer, but I'm not a young man any more.
    Alternatively, I could go to a trade school to learn plumbing or electrical. The thing is, I'm petrified of spiders (even the word makes my skin crawl) so that isn't a good idea either.

So here I sit. Day after day with no clue where I am headed.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

15. - Top - End - #225

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I accidentally started a grease fire in my kitchen last night while trying to prepare dinner. I was going to stir fry some beef and vegetables, so I put some oil in my pan and cranked up the heat. I went back to chopping vegetables while the oil heated up, and I guess I left it a bit too long because suddenly there was a fire in my pan.

I was able to grab a fire extinguisher and put it out quickly, then called the fire department to come look it over and clear the smoke out of my apartnemtn. No one was hurt and nothing was even really damaged (except possibly my stir fry pan, which I dumped in the sink to sort out later while I cleaned up everything else).

I'm torn between feeling proud that I handled the fire quickly and calmly, and feeling monumentally stupid for letting it happen in the first place.

The worst part is, I didn't even really want to cook last night! I wanted to get a pizza, but I convinced myself to be responsible and use up the veggies in my fridge before they started to spoil.
    Don't feel stupid. My dad is a retired firefighter, so I feel pretty confident in saying that kitchen flare-ups can (and do) happen to anyone, and handling it well is a rare and valuable skill.

If anything, use this as a chance to learn. Oil will smoke before it ignites, so try keep a closer eye in the future. Make sure you have a (metal) pot lid that you can throw on top of your stir fry pan to smother it, as that's both quicker and safer than the extinguisher.

(Also, if it's a non-stick pan, make sure the coating isn't damaged before you continue to use it. If it is, I'd replace it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    Okay. Back in October I walked away from my job with Wal-Mart. I worked there for just shy of 15 years.
    I have been living off of my 401k and plan to do so for at least a few months more. I'm going to use the time to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life.
    At least, that is the plan. So far, I haven't come up with anything solid. I've thought about security work, but I'm not positive I have the temper for it. I have also considered working at the airport doing baggage loading. It is similar to unloading a truck trailer, but I'm not a young man any more.
    Alternatively, I could go to a trade school to learn plumbing or electrical. The thing is, I'm petrified of spiders (even the word makes my skin crawl) so that isn't a good idea either.

Dude, you've got 15 years of loading dock experience? Look into manufacturing plants and warehouses in your area. They all do pallet loading and shipping/receiving to some degree, and with 15 years you could go for supervisory roles easily.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sneakykitten View Post
    Confession Six: I wish I could be someone else. Anyone else female really.
    I've had that feeling from time to time as well.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ve4grm View Post
    Don't feel stupid. My dad is a retired firefighter, so I feel pretty confident in saying that kitchen flare-ups can (and do) happen to anyone, and handling it well is a rare and valuable skill.

If anything, use this as a chance to learn. Oil will smoke before it ignites, so try keep a closer eye in the future. Make sure you have a (metal) pot lid that you can throw on top of your stir fry pan to smother it, as that's both quicker and safer than the extinguisher.

(Also, if it's a non-stick pan, make sure the coating isn't damaged before you continue to use it. If it is, I'd replace it.)
    The coating is indeed messed up, so the pan is ruined. It sucks because it was a birthday gift and I haven't even had it for a full year. I bought a replacement online a couple days ago and should have it in about a week.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Confession: I used to read most every "Friendly Banter" thread, and offer advice or encouragement, but I don't anymore because some are so filled with pain that I get saddened reading them.

The coating is indeed messed up, so the pan is ruined. It sucks because it was a birthday gift and I haven't even had it for a full year. I bought a replacement online a couple days ago and should have it in about a week.

This is the pan I next want:

https://bluskilletironware.com/shop/...et-ldxmc-bjnch

IT MUST BE MINE!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Confession: I used to read most every "Friendly Banter" thread, and offer advice or encouragement, but I don't anymore because some are so filled with pain that I get saddened reading them.
    Confession: I read your posts in the voice of a part-time coworker of mine, even though I am 100% certain you are not him (although he does have a beard similar to that of your avatar).

This is the pan I next want:

https://bluskilletironware.com/shop/...et-ldxmc-bjnch

IT MUST BE MINE!
    Sadly, the page will not load for me right now. Will try again later on a different computer.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Confession: I read your posts in the voice of a part-time coworker of mine, even though I am 100% certain you are not him...."

I read most posts in my own voice or my wife's voice, except when I imagine the commenter sounds like Slim Pickens, Christoph Waltz, Patrick Stewart, Anna Kournikova, or Helen Mirren - because why not?

But my own voice becomes either Liam Neeson or Samuel L. Jackson - again, because why not?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post

Depending on where you live you could look into other trades than plumbing or electrical, there's a lot of them that don't involve that much spider stuff, such as: Operators, Piledrivers, Carpenters (most of the time), Ironworkers (some of the time), Painters (though they make less), Outdoor Linemen (who make the most and probably don't deal with spiders that much, but it's brutal work). Heck, you could look into the teamsters, where you could probably just buy a book and be in, and they're basically the exact same job you were doing.
    My Avatar is Glimtwizzle, a Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist by Cuthalion.

22. - Top - End - #232

I just returned from a several day in the hospital, again.

Side employment:

sig thread is here

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I don't like Naruto because I feel that the anime fighting style is too basic for my taste.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I don't like Naruto because I feel that the anime fighting style is too basic for my taste.

Your feeling is right for me, it also aplies to anime in general

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xania View Post
    Your feeling is right for me, it also aplies to anime in general
    Yes I use to hate most anime but not anymore.

26. - Top - End - #236

yeah me! I have to pat myself on the back here .. .. .. .. .. I am still out of the hospital since Thursday.

Side employment:

sig thread is here