New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in New Ganthar III

Gunn and Manny do nothing to assist in the combat, but Perseus delivers a barrage of furious attacks.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+28)[37], (1d10+19)[29]
    (1d20+23)[39], (1d10+19)[24]
    (1d20+18)[37], (1d10+19)[22]
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eldritch flames wrack the dream vestige as Theo and Perseus lay into it with their enchanted blades. Their allies too seek to join the assault, but their foe's incorporeal nature frustrates each attack. Niall refrains from attacking himself to cast a spell on his sword, the blade of which becomes as insubstantial as the foe before him.

Just as tendrils of vapour form, ready to attack, Katraya and Yara rush forward - and the undead horror vanishes.

Niall, standing ready to rush forward, growls in frustration.

"What, are you going to stand there all day? Move and let us finish it!"

Katraya looks to Yara. "If you want a moment to get ready, I'll hold here until I get the word."

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Everyone who can attack, shift position slightly from where it last saw you and prepare to attack. Katraya, pull back when they are ready."

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

"I know it is not much, but it is all I can do against such a foe without wasting a resource that we may need later to keep us all alive." Sister Rosalind says as she lays one of her hands on Theo's Shoulder and says a short prayer.

"Father bless this holy warrior of Charis with your divine guidance so that his aim may be true against the enemies you and Mother." she says in celestial. When the prayer is finished a faint golden glow transfers from Sister Rosalind to Theo.

Spoiler: Standard Action
    Show
    Casting Guidance as a SLA +1 Competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check (on the plus side I can do this all day)

Also Holy Raidance hurts all undead within 10ft of Rosalind so (1d4)[2] If it was last round, and (1d4)[2] for this round

Sister Rosalind will move to stay near Theo and Katraya

5. - Top - End - #1265

Perseus shifts his position slightly, preparing attack against the beast, should it reappear.

Spoiler
    Show
    5' step (if possible), delay until the creature reappears.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo prepares to strike out when his for reappears. He positions himself just outside the perimeter of the area it cannot reappear, trusting his combat-ready allies to fan out and do the same.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post

You're just going to start randomly setting things on fire, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post

This entire campaign's going to become nothing but partying in a long forgotten world, isn't it?
    In the past, I played Sir Theo Roost.
    I am soon to begin playing his heir, Dora the Destroya

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

With a grimace, Katraya surveys your expressions and nods reluctantly. Taking a deep breath, she leaps back - drawing the antimagic field away from the area where the dream vestige lurks.

The creature of nightmare reappears, but for the moment you have the initiative: you knew where it would appear, while it has to take precious seconds locating its prey.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Everyone who readied an action (I'm reading Perseus as having readied instead of delayed) can act now.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ettin in the Playground

Striking quickly, Theo delivers his holy steel to his foe.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    (1d20+25)[42] for (5d6+12)[33] with this miss chance (1d100)[36]
    Last edited by gallagher; 2019-11-17 at 08:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

This entire campaign's going to become nothing but partying in a long forgotten world, isn't it?

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Theo's holy blade, for all its power, is not prepared for this battle. It passes through the dream vestige's vaporous form to no effect, unable to bring its force to bear against the incorporeal foe.

Niall, on the other hand, delivers a powerful overhand chop with his newly blessed sword - and the dream vestige wails and disperses, the cumulative effect of your attacks finally proving too much for it.

Even though the Lord Commander's was just the last of many blows, he looks as insufferably pleased as if he had destroyed the creature single handed. Still, he at least has the focus not to comment, instead pointing back to the door through which Krom is said to have gone.

"That way, I believe?"
    he suggests.

Katraya eyes the blade barriers, and moves to bring them into the aura of the Sapphire Staff, effectively bypassing the defences.

Lothrain looks to Theo. "My Crusaders are too badly wounded to continue, and I dare not leave them unprotected. I will continue with you, but the rest will stay here."

Pran looks resolutely to Rosalind. There is a conviction in his eyes that seems strange on his young features, the look of one who is sure what must be done.

"I will remain as well. I can suppress the negative energy in this place, and tend to their injuries. Now you are here, I don't really have any justification to throw myself into fights way above my ability - and this is something I can do to help."

Niall rolls his eyes. "Yes, yes. Can those who are coming please get on with hunting down the demon worshippers?"

Suiting actions to words, he makes his way past Katraya to the far side of the blade barriers, soon joined by the rest of the Templars.

10. - Top - End - #1270

Perseus nods respectfully toward Niall, pleased this burden is lifted. He, Gunn, and Manny continue on to the other side of the barrier.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

As Lord Commander Niall gives the final blow to the undead creature Sister Rosalind turns to him. "Thank you Lord Commander, for doing what I could not in my weakened state." before turning to Theo and Perseus and saying thank you to the two of them as well.

As Pran indicates he will be staying behind to suppresses the ability stopping people from healing she nods in acceptance. "That will help us greatly in the battles to come no doubt Pran, thank you. However if you are doing that and trying to keep all of these souls aliive should reinforcements arrive you will be hard pressed to say the least. Save your spells, one of my own should be able to cure most of them and allow you to focus on your job here." she says sportively letting him know he would no doubt need all his spells remaining if anyone else came. Waiting for him to tell her the aura was suppressed she casts one of her last remaining powerful spells on all of Lothrain's men, as well as whoever else might need it before following the others.

Spoiler: Empowered Mass Cure Light Wounds
    Show

14 creatures total heal
    (1d8+25)[30] x1.5 45 + 54 temp hp
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2019-11-15 at 09:45 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes. The Lord Commander and I are in front, everyone else, file in behind. Let us take the fight to Krom and leave with his head. We are marching upon one of Maltur's most fervent believers, on a battlefield of his choosing, with everything on the line. I want eyes open, and I don't want any foolish risks. Everyone who is staying here, you are still the rearguard. I don't trust our foe to not try and surround us with no room to maneuver. Theo says grimly, lining up his friends and allies to head into the unknown lower level.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You use the windows of opportunity created by Katraya's antimagic field to file past the blade barriers in small groups. Sending your strongest fighters first, you are as prepared as you can be for whatever danger might await you.

As it transpires, there is no immediate threat. The room beyond the barriers is dominated by a large, circular hole in the floor, where a spiral staircase leads deeper into this ruin. Substantial chunks of distorted metal, warped beyond identification by brute force and intense heat, lie strewn around the room; charred and broken bones litter the stone beneath that.

Lothrain breathes a half reverent, half fearful prayer. "Breath of Relath. My friends, when last I came here there was an ancient seal in this room, forged of a metal I could not identify and wrought with words in an ancient dialect of the Celestial language. You could feel the raw power radiating from it, and a sense of holiness that took the breath away. The undead that littered this place could not approach it, though their hatred of it goaded them to try.

"To find that seal destroyed, to feel the emptiness of this room in contrast to the wonder I experienced before… Words fail me. Some mighty and terrible power has been at work here, opening the way for Krom and his ilk."

Katraya has been studying a pattern of scorch marks to one side, and now draws your attention to it, pointing. "Look here. The rest of the scorching radiates out from the stairway; but this line is not. That smell - brimstone. And there is a matching pattern on the ceiling. I think a portal was opened here, sometime yesterday I would guess, and whatever destroyed that seal came through. Something of the lower planes. Something large."

For once, Niall nods his agreement to Katraya's words without a barbed comment. "These bones - look at how they are arranged. Whatever undead were in here, they tried to flee this demon - if it was a demon - and were destroyed before they could leave the room."

Peering into the darkness of the stairway, Ember waves to get your attention.

"I'm sure that's all very fascinating, but the way forward lies down there. And it looks like it's been blocked."

A closer inspection proves Ember correct. A shimmering curtain of energy, scintillating through the colours of the rainbow, completely blocks the lower exit from the stairwell.

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 28
    Show
    This is a Prismatic Wall, an extremely powerful Abjuration that prevents anything from passing through it - and, unfortunately, one that is unaffected by an Antimagic Field

14. - Top - End - #1274

"Let's give this a try," Gunn says, nodding to Manny. Manny gathers the group together and then attempts to Teleport past the barrier.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Manny peers at the barrier. "I can't see the other side. Teleport only works if I've seen where I'm going."

Katraya mutters an efficacious curse. "So use something else. Dimension Door should do it, don't you think?"

Manny spreads his hands. "Not a power I possess, unfortunately."

The Guardian of the Temple of Maya shakes her head in exasperation. Addressing the group, she says: "I've got something back at the temple that would take care of this. How about your psion here teleports me there and back? It would only take a few minutes."

Lothrain frowns. "Have we tried everything else? I'm loathe to lose time here. And we do have other casters."

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

As the idea of teleporting through the barrier is shut down by the fact that it requires you to see on the other side Sister Rosalind begins to think for a moment before looking towards Lothrain. "You say a seal was once here yes? And that it was forged from a metal you did not know in a language you could not speak. If you can find me a piece please, I have an idea." Sister Rosalind says waiting for a scrap of metal to be brought to her before reading the writing or what was left on that individual piece.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    From the Saint Template Rosalind gained Tongues and can read and speak any language.

Next she looks to Yara, "You once held the powers of a god within you correct?" she asks, before continuing. "And do you believe in that power, that deity now?"

Show
    Okay so Rosalind's idea is simple, yet extremely unlikely to work. She needs a piece of the metal seal as the focus/ anchor of the spell, and is going to ask Katraya, Lothrain, Theo, and Yara (if she says she still believes in the gods/Dalvar as she is a priestess in name) to all call upon their individual deities repeating the words she says (as she will be speaking out in the language of the seal). Together they will channel their combined divine power through the seal to hopefully break the barrier stopping them from entering the room. After all the seal was made to keep people out that wanted to no doubt do exactly what they are doing on the other side. We thus use our powers to reenact the seal and hopefully Restore it once we cleanse the inside sanctum it is meant to protect.

Risky, has little chance of success, but its the best I got with the tools we were given. Rosalind will explain all of this to the party if Yara agrees that she still believes in that power and such.

17. - Top - End - #1277

"Alright. I can take 8 of us," Gunn says, pointing to himself, Perseus, and Manny. "All aboard."

Spoiler
    Show
    Once it's decided who'll be accompanying him through the wall, Gunn will Dimension Door (boosting his CL by 4 with Song of Arcane Power to accommodate 7 total passengers).
    Last edited by esorscher; 2019-11-20 at 07:16 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As Rosalind's suggestion is effectively put on hold by Gunn's, a small group assembles around him to brave the unknown - including whatever defences against teleportation magic might be in place.

It takes some careful maneuvering, but you find a place to stand where a direct line to your destination will not pass through the potent Abjuration blocking the stairwell.

Fortune, or perhaps divine favour, is with you. You materialise on the far side of the prismatic wall, intact and in an unoccupied space.

You find yourself in a large hall, centred around an unmarred white marble statue of Charis. Before the statue is a simple altar of the same substance, a tome resting open upon it. There is a sense of holiness, of tranquility, suffusing the air.

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 20
    Show
    You recognise that this is the effect of the Hallow spell being cast on the area.

The ceiling overhead is decorated to resemble a night's sky; the floor beneath your feet, designed with a pattern of radiating and networked lines. The walls alternate between passages from Charis's scriptures and beautifully painted murals. Each mural depicts a single figure. Some are unfamiliar, although Theo recognises the names of the previous mortal Champions of Charis in the inscriptions. The image of the prophet Aenar is particularly recognisable to the faithful, and appears on the near side of that line of Champions, to your right.

The last image in that line is, unmistakably, Theo - and Theo as he appears in this moment, dressed in the holy armour reclaimed from Melchizar, wielding the Sword of Tariel.

The caption does not name him, but says simply, "The Redeemer."

If Theo's inclusion in this display is surprising, the images to the left are truly startling. One by one, Rosalind, Yara, Perseus and Gunn are shown, captioned respectively: "The Saint;" "The Demigod;" "The Runelord;" and "The Fulcrum."

Of your other companions there is no such depiction. What that signifies, you can only speculate.

Time for such speculation is however short, for you are not alone. Indeed, the room is teeming with demons: a pair of the kind of serpent-tailed demon Gunn so recently banished, although these are female where the other was male; a quartet of arachnid demons the size of plow horses, each with legs spanning more than fourteen feet; and half a dozen vrock demons. It is a sizeable force, a miniature army in its own right.

It is fortunate, then, that you brought your own.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    The demons act on initiative count 12. Since I didn't call for Listen checks, I won't give them a surprise round here. Roll initiative and act immediately if you beat 12, except for Gunn and Theo; by casting Dimension Door they have already acted and will have to wait for the demons to react before they get a turn.

19. - Top - End - #1279

Expecting enemies, Yara snaps into action. With a wave of her arm, an ectoplasmic deluge lashes out to engulf the greatest mass of the demonic threat.

Spoiler: Ectoplasmic Cocoon, Mass
    Show
    Reflex 22 Negates
    Either a 20ft radius burst to a 30ft radius burst depending on what covers the most of them and none of ours. Please say for Power Point Cost.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

As Rosalind's idea is pushed aside for a more reliable one she takes the trip with Theo, letting those who Gunn thought a must to go in first where she would come with the second wave with her allies.

Spoiler: Allies
    Show
    The four Bariaur's she has with her, unless we think it is better to leave them above helping Pran and the Arbitor's men.

As Rosalind arrives within the inner Sanctum of this once temple she notes the white marble statue of Charis, and the clear touch of the divine in the air around it. Having been around many divine beings as of late she had come to sense when they had blessed a site, though what that meant was unknown to her. After all the statue before her looked as if it was Charis as she was, before the fall in her eyes.

Following the many murals she looks at many unfamiliar faces, no doubt important to the faith of Charis in some way until she comes to the last and is caught off guard. It was a mural of Theo, as if the person making the mural had seen this very moment and painted him exactly as he stood. And the title beneath him did no go unnoticed either by her, Redeemer, however did that only mean the Redeemer of Charis?

Turning around to look at the other murals, completely oblivious to the danger they may be in at this moment she is surprised to see not only Gunn, Perseus, and Yara. But also herself, each with a different title, though why Gunn was called the Fulcrum was unknown to her. One thing was clear, their meeting and coming together in New Ganther was not mere chance. "I don't understand, how could they have known all this?" Sister Rosalind says breathlessly caught up in the splendor of the room and the holy aura infusing it. It is not until she saw Yara acting that she even took note of the enemies in the room.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yara knows more than most about the minds of demons. Reaching out to the spider-demons and vrocks, she sends insidious tendrils of psychic energy into four alien minds, suggesting a course of action as natural to the anarchic fiends as breathing:

Turn on each other. Feast on demon flesh.

Splitting her attention four ways is no easy matter, even for Yara, and one of the spider-demons eludes her mental grasp; but two vrocks and the other arachnid come under her sway, their hatred of their own kind bubbling to the surface.

Show
    Pausing to see if Perseus acts before the demons?

22. - Top - End - #1282

"Focus on the enemy," Yara said to Rosalind, but was also thinking over the implications of the room. What had happened to her had been planned for a long time.

Yara smiles as the demons come under her control.
    "Don't attack the front two Vrocks or the (Directional) Bebilith. Focus on the others."

23. - Top - End - #1283

Perseus charges the undominated demon Yara indicates.

Spoiler
    Show
    Raging, Charging, Leap Attack, Power Attack, etc.

(1d20+27)[45], (1d10+39)[41]
    (1d20+22)[36], (1d10+39)[46]
    (1d20+17)[28], (1d10+39)[47]

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Perseus charges the undominated bebilith to the west, leaving himself open to an opportunistic attack in the process.

Spoiler: Attack of opportunity
    Show
    36 vs AC for 17 damage, and DC 24 Fortitude save vs poison.

Perseus then delivers a series of punishing blows from his greataxe. Against so large a foe he could scarcely miss; demonic ichor flows freely with each cut, and the increasingly familiar dwarven runes appear on Brunhilda's blades after first blood is drawn, their source still a mystery, but their benefit clear to see.

Despite Perseus's skill and strength, the demon is too resilient to fall immediately. Fangs chittering, it lays into the warrior of Kharheim with glistening razor-sharp claws and teeth dripping noxious venom.

Spoiler: Full attack on Perseus
    Show
    Bite: 33 vs AC for 18 damage, DC 24 Fortitude save vs poison if it hits please.
    Claw 1: 33 vs AC for 7 damage
    Claw 2: 20 vs AC for 7 damage
    There are additional effects if both claws hit, but I doubt that applies.

The remaining bebilith charges the marilith closest to it, skittering over the marble flaw with a low hiss of hunger. The snake-tailed demon looks startled at this turn of events, but its supernaturally tough flesh proves impervious to the attack. With deliberate contempt, it ignores the psychically dominated bebilith, spends a moment studying the barely-perceptible protective aura around Katraya, and calls forth a blade barrier in a perfect circle just outside the limit of the antimagic field.

Ember and Lothrain are both caught in the spell's area of effect, and neither is quick enough to evade it. Ember screams in pain; Lothrain only grunts, his eyes showing the effort required to endure, but his attention on reaching his assailant and avenging this injury.

The second marilith also seems preoccupied by the Sapphire Staff and its protective aura. Looking up, it smiles sadistically and makes a wrenching gesture with one hand; a chunk of masonry the size of a boulder abruptly drops from the ceiling to crush the Guardian of Maya to a bloody pulp.

There is a flare of magic, and Katraya's body disappears before your eyes. The Sapphire Staff, of course, disappears with her, the antimagic field winking out.

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 21
    Show
    The spell was Contingency linked to Teleport.

With the vrocks tearing into one another with sadistic enthusiasm, the immediate threats are clearly the marilith demons. Lothrain charges the one currently engaged with the bebilith, intercepting the demon's counter attack with his shield. His flaming sword is the wrong tool for this fight, but he strives valiantly, voice ringing out with praise for the Crusader.

Ember, less sanguine about her chances against the leaders, skirts the fight to come at it from the side, setting up a flanking manoeuvre in a few seconds' time.

Niall barks orders to his Templars. "Do not attempt to cross the barrier! Healing support and defence for casters only!"

Proving the mantra "do as I say, not as I do," he immediately leaps through the barrier with the name of Charis on his lips - half petition, half pained oath. On the far side, he pauses to heal his own wounds before focusing his attention on the western Marilith.
    Last edited by ilinares; 2019-11-26 at 03:23 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo looks to the Marilith demon that Niall has indicated as his target, and chooses to try to overwhelm the fiend with his Lord Commander. These were the strongest foe in the room, and eliminating them was the priority.

Theo dug his heals into the ground and leapt forward with a mighty charge, moving with a swiftness that would take his enemy by surprise. With the charge, Charis sent Her Blessings to Her Champion, and his arms swelled with a greater strength.

Spoiler
    Show
    Animal devotion for +6 sacred bonus to strength, and I'll use a turn undead attempt for +4 bonus to hit and +1d10 to damage. For my maneuver, I'm using War Leader's Charge to eliminate attacks of opportunity against me for movement and to add 35 damage. My to-hit is presently 32, I power attack for 5.

(1d20+27)[45] for (5d6+58)[77] of normal, good, and electric damage, plus [/roll]1d10[/roll] damage, and a save vs dazzle.

Crit confirm [/roll]1d20+27[/roll] to double that damage, with an additional (3d6)[18] and a save v blindness, crit on a 17 or above.
    Last edited by gallagher; 2019-11-26 at 11:05 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Passing through the blade barrier, Theo has to grit his teeth at the myriad eldritch razors that tear into his flesh.

Spoiler: Blade Barrier damage on Theo
    Show
    44 damage. Reflex DC 23 for half, remembering bonuses from Rosalind of course.

Charging the demon who killed Katraya, Theo evades its defences and lands a fearsome blow - although he notes that the crackling electrical energy of his sword has no effect. What is more, he feels a malevolent energy seeping into his body at the impact, some unholy magic warding the fiend against attack.

Show
    The critical doesn't confirm. I've assumed 3 points of electricity damage is disregarded. Please also roll Fortitude at DC 23, or take 1 point of temporary strength damage.

27. - Top - End - #1287

Yara screams in rage as Katraya is crushed, but doesn't act rashly. She watches the demons, waiting for them to make a move.
    Spoiler: Dispel Psionic Counter spell
    Show
    Preparing to counter spell using dispel psionics on any demon that tries to cast a spell, prioritising mariliths.

28. - Top - End - #1288

Perseus seems largely unaffected by Katraya's death, though inwardly he does feel sadness at the loss of an ally, and a stalwart one at that. However, having seen what he's seen, he knows that death is not necessarily permanent, for those who choose to return. Gunn, for his part, feels nothing at her death, except sadness that their antimagic field has gone with her, and wistful that an opportunity to seize another relic has slipped through his grasp.

Gunn casts Haste on the party, at a sufficient level that he can target every one of their allies within 30' of him. Except for Lothrain and Ember, all are affected. He also attempts to identify what the runes on Perseus's axe indicate. (Spellcraft: (1d20+14)[33])

Perseus shrugs off the demon's attacks, and responds with several of his own in kind.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No charge or any of the bonus effects, just rage and haste.
    (1d20+29)[36], (1d10+18)[27]
    (1d20+24)[32], (1d10+18)[20]
    (1d20+19)[22], (1d10+18)[21]
    (1d20+19)[36], (1d10+18)[21]

Manny uses Dimension Swap to exchange Perseus with one of Rosalind's summoned creatures, setting up Perseus for another leaping pounce attack while also extricating him from harm's way.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

Regret crosses over Rosalind's face as the large block of stone falls upon Katraya as she knew the woman would be weaker away from her tower and had still asked her to stay. However the fact that she and the staff seemed to vanish gave her hope that her friend would if not be alive soon within the walls of her temple able to regain her strength, at least be safe and her body ready for her to return it to life with the Mother and Father's blessing.

As Yara reminded her however she had to focus on the here and now, and so turned to the battle at large. She watched as Manny and Perseus worked in union and was happy to see that her followers were more then willing to go with the plan as it dealt with killing their most hated foes as it lashes out three times with its magical scimitar thanks to Gunn's enchantment.

Spoiler: Bariaur Defender 1
    Show

Scimitar 1 (1d20+13)[32] Damage (1d6+7)[12]
    Scimitar Haste (1d20+13)[17] Damage (1d6+7)[9]
    Scimitar 2 (1d20+8)[24] Damage (1d6+7)[13]

The remaining two Bariaur defenders take out their bows and take aim at one of the vrocks, focusing their fire to hopefully bring it down faster.

Spoiler: Bariaur Defender 2 & 3
    Show
    Attacks against Vrock in I38 unless it falls in which case move to J38 for the rest
    B2
    Attack 1 (1d20+10)[13] Damage (1d8+7)[9]
    Attack Haste (1d20+10)[15] Damage (1d8+7)[8]
    Attack 3 (1d20+5)[11] Damage (1d8+7)[12]

B3
    Attack 1 (1d20+10)[27] Damage (1d8+7)[9]
    Attack Haste (1d20+10)[16] Damage (1d8+7)[10]
    Attack 3 (1d20+5)[23] Damage (1d8+7)[9]

Rosalind sees that she is no help to any of her allies trapped behind this wall of blades, and wanting to test her new found powers she forces her way through the barrier striking at the Beblith with her unarmed strike trying to knock it unconcious.

Spoiler: Rosalind's attack + Reflex save for barrier
    Show
    Rosalind is in g28
    Reflex (1d20+10)[30]

Attack 1 (1d20+18)[36] Damage (1d3-1)[2] + (1d8)[4] Holy damage (her fist is treated as a good aligned weapon vs DR) (1d6)[5] Dex damage if attack hits, secondary (2d6)[11] a minute later from touch of golden ice

Attack Haste (1d20+18)[26] Damage (1d3-1)[1] + (1d8)[7] Holy damage (her fist is treated as a good aligned weapon vs DR) (1d6)[4] Dex damage if attack hits, secondary (2d6)[7] a minute later from touch of golden ice

Attack 2 (1d20+13)[25] Damage (1d3-1)[1] + (1d8)[4] Holy damage (her fist is treated as a good aligned weapon vs DR) (1d6)[5] Dex damage if attack hits, secondary (2d6)[4] a minute later from touch of golden ice

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

In a flurry of steel and ichor, Perseus carves the screeching bebilith into several pieces. The remains immediately begin smouldering, a greenish smoke rising as they crumble into powder - but the dwarf has turned his eye away from the fallen foe, looking for a new target.

Spoiler: Gunn's Spellcraft
    Show
    From what he has seen so far, Gunn theorises that the runes impart the transmuting property, but only against Outsiders with the Extraplanar subtype.

You don't know where this comes from, whether it is specific to Brunhilda or would apply to other weapons, or whether it has any exceptions. The design of the runes clearly indicates the magic of Kharheim is at work, however.

The bariaurs seem to be making little difference to the vrocks, although such is the frenzied chaos of the melee it is difficult to tell.

Show
    Pausing there in case the death of the bebilith means Dantie wants to declare different actions?