New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in New Ganthar III

YOU! Theo shouts at his foe, rage rising within him. I knew this moment would come. You will perish before my blade. There will be no mercy from me.

Theo acts with great haste, first casting Righteous Might upon himself and growing to great size. He then activates his Belt of Battle, giving himself more swiftness with which to attack his enemy, before flying at the lich and swinging his divine sword at the face of his enemy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Foehammer to get around DR and add 2d6. I am now Large with +4 Str, +2 Con, +2 NA, and DR 6/Evil. Charge Attack, the map has not been updated to reflect position, but if it is possible to flank with Perseus then I charge to that position. I will not add the +2 flanking bonus in case that is not possible.

Power Attack for 2 this round, to maximize the chances at a clean hit while still getting some bonus damage

Attack - (1d20+25)[35]
    Damage - (3d6+16)[30] + (2d6)[4] holy + (2d6)[8] foehammer + (1d6)[5] electric[/roll]

Theo then takes command of the field and channels the gifts given to him from Charis. Again, Perseus! Wizards, prepare to counterspell any attempts to teleport away! He commands, authority and divine energy flowing through his voice, giving the dwarf the opening to attack the lich with swift fury.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using White Raven Tactics to move Perseus's initiative to right behind mine, giving him another turn this round.
    Last edited by gallagher; 2018-08-20 at 08:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post

You're just going to start randomly setting things on fire, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post

This entire campaign's going to become nothing but partying in a long forgotten world, isn't it?
    In the past, I played Sir Theo Roost.
    I am soon to begin playing his heir, Dora the Destroya

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Perseus allows the slightest of grins, no more than a micrometer of upturn on his stoic countenance, as the bloodlust fills him once again and he delivers another onslaught of attacks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Haste +1 attack
    Heroes Feast +1 attack
    Gunn +4d6 damage
    Rage +1 attack, +1 damage
    AC +5 (Rosalind)

AC 28:

(1d20+20)[28], (1d10+11)[15]
    (1d20+20)[25], (1d10+11)[16]
    (1d20+15)[18], (1d10+11)[15]
    (1d20+10)[21], (1d10+11)[17]
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Nothing personal, Shroud," Yara says quietly.

Hesa looks at the crystalline staff in his hands. If he attacked, would he have the glory of finishing the lich off or would the lich live a bit longer to kill? He thought for merely a moment before deciding on the safer choice.
    "You've lived long past your time," he says, wrapping him massive limbs around the undead wizard. "Now, hold still and accept your fate."
    Spoiler: Grapple
    Show

Hesa grapples from his space before moving in to maintain.
    Full attack, all grapples. Once grappled, will pin and prevent speaking.
    Melee touches aren't needed once he starts to grapple.
    1: Melee Touch: (1d20+17)[26]
    Grapple: (1d20+25)[43]
    2: Melee Touch: (1d20+17)[24]
    Grapple: (1d20+25)[39]
    3: Melee Touch: (1d20+12)[18]
    Grapple: (1d20+20)[22]
    4: Melee Touch: (1d20+7)[10]
    Grapple: (1d20+15)[23]

The construct see's no more enemies nearby. It holds position, preparing to attack once a foe appears.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Shroud raises his left hand in response to Theo's attack, a sneer on his parchment-like lips as a shield of sickly green magic forms to catch the blow.

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 17
    Show
    Deflect - immediate action to create a shield that lasts for one attack.

But he underestimates Theo's rage.

The Sword of Tariel barely slows as it strikes Shroud's arcane shield, tearing through it and shattering the hand beneath. It continues its implacable arc, ablaze with holy and eldritch fire, driven on by the strength of Theo's arm and the blessings of Charis. It smashes through the undead mage's left shoulder, ribcage, and pelvis, unleashing a torrent of flame that consumes the lich from within.

The wizard's broken shell falls backwards, mouth opening to utter some last curse or taunt.

He doesn't get the chance. Perseus and Hesa swarm him from either side, breaking even his failing corpse into fragments like a discarded vase.

Spoiler: Experience
    Show
    12,000 xp each

Natalia rushes to join you. "Excellent! But the task is not finished. Have your followers and allies clear the rest of the rabble and follow me. We need to destroy the lich's phylactery before his allies get word of its vulnerability and reinforce it."

5. - Top - End - #185

Trusting Rosalind and the clerics to handle the undead, Perseus follows Natalia. Gunn, still invisible, sneaks out to the battlefield to search Shroud's corpse for any items of interest or value, particularly the missing artifacts.
    Last edited by esorscher; 2018-08-21 at 08:22 AM.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo nods to Natalia. How many can be taken along for the mission? If allies of the lich can hamper us, I dont wish to leave without a full strike team. Theo says, noticing that the dwarf is already preparing to come with. He looks to Yara, and the various arcanists who have so far been of great aid in the evening's affairs, wondering which would be the most prudent to bring to destroy the phylactery and dismiss the evil Shroud to eternal oblivion.
    Last edited by gallagher; 2018-08-21 at 07:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

This entire campaign's going to become nothing but partying in a long forgotten world, isn't it?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

As a great deal of commotion is heard from behind her Sister Rosalind turns around to see what has happened, however she was not prepared to see the lich known as shroud already destroyed, in a matter of seconds. However he was not truly dead just yet, he could still come back the priestess thought as she looked to Theo. "Go ahead I will finish up here with whatever forces stay behind. Destroy his phalactry before any of his allies can go and protect it." she exclaims as she rides forth with Lady Amalthea to finish off most of the undead on the left side of the building.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

L.A. Moves to C38
    Rosalind Greater Turn undead (1d20+8)[20] 14HD or lower
    Damage (2d6+17)[24] Undead from rows B and C 35-42 are all destroyed
    Exalted Damage to all undead in the area of the turn (3d6)[15]
    Joly Nimbus to all within 10ft of rosalind (1d4)[1]
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2018-08-21 at 09:26 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Natalia spreads her hands at Theo's question.

"Military tactics aren't really my expertise," she notes with a wry smile. "But if you're asking how many can get to the shadow plane, we're using a portal - in theory, we could take an army.

"For what it's worth, I suspect a smaller team, able to sneak in, destroy the phylactery and get out, might be sensible. But a team capable enough to deal with any sentinels who cannot be evaded."

Abrogar approaches you. "My colleagues and I need to stay here and ensure the energies gathered for Shroud's ritual are safely dispersed. I accept the value of ensuring the lich stays dead - but there is enough magical energy gathered here to turn two thirds of the city into a smoking crater. Making sure that does not happen needs to be my priority."

As he is speaking, Valeria and the Vanguard are moving to the right flank of the battlefield, focusing their efforts on destroying the remaining undead. Rosalind moves to the left flank, calmly demonstrating her gods' extraordinary power over the undead by decimating their numbers.

Althazan stands around looking irritable, waiting impatiently for the spell preventing him from using magic to expire.

Spoiler: Gunn only
    Show
    Gunn is the only one able to track events inside the Temple, by virtue of his Mindsight. He notes that Lothrain has survived, and that he and his remaining Crusaders have joined with Rauthus and the Templars to mop up the vampires.

But it is plunder that the criminally-inclined lawyer has on his mind, and he quietly, efficiently divest the lich's corpse of its belongings.

Spoiler: Loot
    Show
    Bracers of Armor +5
    Ring of Protection +3
    Ring of Positive Protection
    Headband of intellect +6
    Amulet of natural armour +2
    Runestaff of Power
    Eternal Wand (1st - Benign Transposition)
    Pearl of Power (6th)

1,880gp

9. - Top - End - #189

After pocketing the loot into his Handy Briefcase, with every intention of sharing it equitably, Gunn telepathically communicates to Theo: Lothrain has survived. He and his Crusaders, alongside Rauthus and his Templars, are mopping up the undead on our left flank; Rosalind is performing the same duty on our right.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Very well, I will have the appropriate volunteers to choose from rounded up shortly. Theo says, casually shrinking from his large size back to his normal, though still towering, stature. I am relieved to hear of Lothrain's survival. Please communicate to leaders of all our forces that we are progressing to destroy the lich's phylactery. Communicate that any men and women we can spare that want to be considered volunteers are to group at my position. I want either Ember or Rauthus to come to me and receive the next round of orders as well.

Volunteers will present themselves shortly. And then we can be done with this mess, and focus on the destruction of Maltur's remaining presence. Thank you for your continuing aid. He said, still suspicious of Natalia generally, but understanding that she had a shared interest in the outcome of the affair. Her hurry was understandable, but clearly they could spare moments to gather forces before rushing ill-prepared into an unknown location.

Spoiler
    Show
    rolling sense motive to make sure everything with Natalia remains on the up-and-up. (1d20+17)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ember arrives shortly, along with Asoryala. Rauthus takes the surviving Templars to the right flank, standing guard over the Vanguard while they pummel the undead with spells, but there seems little need: the fight has gone out of the undead with their master slain, and most of the mindless creatures mill about aimlessly. The more intelligent undead seek to flee, some managing to make their escape, and you have to trust the patrols you put in place are sufficient to protect the population.

Lothrain stands to one side, with his Paragons Thardae and Talin. One hand appears badly burned, and in the other he carries a cloth sack. You can just see the Chalice of Relath poking out of it, the metal blackened and slightly twisted. Each Paragon carries the corpse of a fallen Crusader over their shoulders. All three followers of Relath look distraught, and Lothrain openly weeps. He glares at Theo, then Natalia; then turns and begins to walk away.

Lydia is the last volunteer to join you, leaning on her halberd and panting slightly from her earlier exertions. She says nothing, waiting to hear what the rest of you intend.

12. - Top - End - #192

Yara recalls the psicrystal from Lothrain as he leaves, asking it for a summary of what went on inside. The man had acted irrationally, his dislike for Natalia was understandable but not the fact he didn't cooperate with the group. Whatever went on in there was his responsibility. She then sends it to see what the area around the pillar was like before returning.
    Afterwards, she and the construct move up to Theo, to see what the plan to finish off Shroud was. Hesa joins them too, but first looks to get healed before any further combat.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Yara - psicrystal's report
    Show
    Lothrain and the Crusaders fought a difficult battle with the Angel of Decay and its vampire minions, and the Crusaders with them were slain before the Arbiter managed to destroy the so-called Angel.

As soon as the ward came down, they went into the Temple and joined up with Rauthus and the Templars. They fought together to clear the vampires and other undead from the Temple, clearing a path to the ritual chamber. There they found the body of the man who had been disguised as Shroud, and the Chalice of Relath. Lothrain tried to pick it up, but was badly burned; he instead found a sack to carry it. From their ensuing conversation, they believe the Chalice has somehow been corrupted by evil powers.

The psicrystal's inspection finds no defenders within the Temple, and notes the change that has been inflicted on the energy column - now a pillar of blood instead of fire. What this signifies, you can only speculate.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

As all the undead Roslaind can destroy are removed from the field of battle leaving only those that can fly or teleport to flee she returns to the others to see Lothrain and his crusaders coming out of the temple. Seeing the dead on his shoulders the priestess of the Lovers quickly rushes to his side. "I am sorry for your losses Lothrain, we tried to get help to you as quickly as we were able. In my homeland they say a soul is never allowed to enter its final resting place granted by the Mother unless they have become what they were meant to be. If you wish, I can search the other side to see if their souls have fully crossed over, and if not and we have the available funds, bring them back. I would offer to do so myself however I own no material wealth, it all goes to charities." the priestess says trying to comfort the man before he leaves.

Once the Arbitor and his crusaders have left Rosalind returns to Theo and the others patching up the wounded before looking to him. "I rather stay behind and take care of the wonded, however I fear what may happen if I do not go with you and the others to destroy this vile creatures phalactry once and for all. Also I have not found the bones of St. Rosalind yet, I suspect he must have kept them safe just in case something like this happened." she says waiting to see if Theo would accept her help.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I do not know who needs healing or how much so I will wait and post what spells I use in the OOC thread once I know who needs to be healed and how much.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lothrain looks at Rosalind through grief - stricken eyes and shakes his head.

"Thank you for the offer," he manages. "But they fell in battle in the service of our God. And if they are to be raised, we will attend to it."

He turns and stumbles away, and the young dwarf paladin Thardae gives Rosalind an apologetic grimace.

"You'll have to forgive the Arbiter," she says softly. "You see, it isn't the deaths that most trouble his heart.

"We have failed Relath.

"He charged us with recovering His most holy relic. And on our watch, it has been destroyed - no, worse than destroyed. Corrupted. Lothrain takes failure no better than most men - and a failure on this scale... I fear for him."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo listens to the mournful tone in Lothrain's voice. Knowing how deeply he felt the pain, Theo called out to him. Arbiter! Will you set aside your past pledge, for only one mission, and come avenge your loss with us? We aim for the soul of the lich, we will destroy the phylactery. If it will sooth your soul, I'll let you be the one to plunge your blade into it to finish off the bane of our gods!

He then turns to Ember and signals to the skies to bring down Ardaionn to him. Ember, take Ardaionn back to the temple. Take all who remains of our forces but Rauthus and Asoryala and secure our base. Niall is patrolling the streets, send word to him that many undead have escaped, but the lich fell to my blade. You can send our soldiers to assist him, but you stay at the temple. If you need to gather intelligence, you may ask Ardaionn to fly over the city and search for what you may need, otherwise he will roost atop the temple. If I fall in the hunt for the phylactery, I name you as the temporary leader until Charis chooses another. All here witness my intent.

And Gunn, monitor what you can, if you will, and coordinate with Ember. Niall roams about, and I do not trust his intent.
    he thinks to his ally.

He notices that Perseus has already made his intent to join known, and Lydia stepped forward to join their ranks as well. He named the rest of the bunch to his team. Hesa, Yara, Rosalind, I cannot command you, but you are free to join us if you consent to my leadership. Rauthus and Asoryala, you are to join as well. We will assort ourselves into ranks once we get a read on the layout, but we must be smart and swift. I do not have someone skilled in trap workings, if there remains one among us tonight that can take on such a responsibility, then I will accept that they join us as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy roll on Lothrain. (1d20+10)[27]
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lothrain studies Theo's face for a minute, then walks over to him.

"Is Shroud to blame, Theo? I warned you the Gods would not bless us if we allied with that creature. And look what it has cost us!

"I don't know how this happened, but I will find out. And when I do, I will avenge our loss. This I swear."

He falls silent, visibly reining in his fury. At length he nods abruptly.

"Relath forgive me, I want Shroud destroyed for his part in this. At any price. So I will join you."

He hands the sack containing the Chalice to Thardae, and moves to stand as far from Natalia as he can while still being in your group. The Priestess of Valacles, for her part, winks at him and blows him a kiss.

"If we're through with the melodrama," she says, "we need to head to the Temple of Granig. The closest portal to Shroud's base of operations is there."

18. - Top - End - #198

When the invisibility wears off, Gunn is back standing in the doorway to the church, no sign of having interfered with Shroud's corpse. "I'm coming with you destroy the Phylactery," he says, nodding at Perseus.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

I share your pain. Shroud has robbed me of something dear, too. We fight together.

As The Arbiter steps into the line on the team, and Gunn shows up, Natalia interjected with her predictable taunting. This is not the time for such stylings, High Priestess. We fight together. He said, emphasizing to her his intention. Our Gods and Goddesses set their pettiness aside for a purpose. So must we.

He then nods to her to get started to the Temple of Granig. We will work as a unit where possible. Fighters keep to the front, we need to be ready to charge at any moment. At a strategic time may have to separate into groups. Our needs may change at any moment, but for now assume that Myself, Asoryala, Rauthus (and Yara, if she chooses to come along) will take center position,;to on side will be Lothrain, Lydia, and Rosalind; To the other side will be Natalia, Gunn and Perseus. If we recover the phylactery and must move, we make for the Temple of Charis to regroup.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200

"I'll come along, just to make sure Shroud is finished,' Yara says. She didn't want to think about what Shroud would do to her if he came back. She might even find something useful to salvage.
    "And if she's going, I'll go too," Hesa declares. "I assume we have this area secured."

Yara excuses herself before they leave and quickly heads towards Shrouds body. Did he have the Tome on him, or would he have it in his secret base?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Hesa needs 59 Points of healing.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yara goes to rob Shroud of his belongings, only to find the corpse meticulously picked clean. Is this some part of Shroud's planning - have his belongings gone to wherever his body will reform? Or is there some other explanation?

Natalia gives Theo a shallow bow of the head, acknowledging the message he is trying to send her. She then produces a roll of parchment, which she flattens to show a map of a building.

"There may be trouble with the denizens of the Realm of Shades, but my information suggests Shroud brought all but two of his stronghold's guardians with him today. Instead, he relies on the secrecy and inaccessibility of its location, a potent array of traps, and frankly the power of those last two defenders.

"As for the traps, they fall into two groups: those which invited guests could avoid by means of a password, and those in areas of importance keyed to Shroud himself. My sources have provided me with the password to bypass the former. I can do nothing about the latter.

"The stronghold is designed with just one entrance - a concession to the needs of his guests, of course, since the mage has little need of them. Pursuing that course will take us through some of the most heavily trapped corridors. A better solution may be teleportation.

"He stores the phylactery here, in the uppermost chamber some 150 feet above ground level. There are no windows, and the walls are thick enough to prevent access by brute force. But we know Shroud uses teleportation magic to come and go, so there is at least one part of his sanctum not warded against such spells."
    She taps a room on the level directly below the phylactery chamber. "My intelligence indicates he keeps this room unwarded. That is our best point of access, if your tame psion can get us to it.

"As for defenders, I mentioned that there are two. The first is a formidable creature of shadow, a Nightcrawler, which defends the ground entrance and patrols the area around the stronghold. I would recommend we avoid it; I would not be sanguine about our chances in a pitched battle with such a foe, however potent Sister Rosalind's gifts in destroying the unliving.

"The second defender is a mystery to me. I know that Shroud has an ally he uses to guard his phylactety - a being he regards as close to his equal, which for reasons I do not pretend to know has agreed to defend this room on Shroud's behalf. I am loathe to enter a dangerous situation without knowledge of my foe, but I see little choice.

"Now, if you've quite finished your scavenging, you can ask any questions en route."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Sister Rosalind makes sure to stay close to the Arbitor, placing herself between him and Theo's other allies he did not agree with as they went. Only answering when was needed, however when the mention of a nightwalker was brought up even the priestess of the lovers paused momentarily. "Normal undead I have no doubt I can face on my own, that creature I must agree, we avoid at all costs if possible. We will deal with whatever waits inside when the time comes, but we can not wait any longer. For all we know this ally of his is using the bones of St. Rosalind at this moment to revive his master." the priestess says as she watched Yara come back empty handed from Shrouds corpse.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

I only have one question for the moment - Where did you obtain your information, and how... out of date might your information be? Theo asked boldly, not presuming that she would be at all straightforward with her answer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive - (1d20+17)[23]
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Natalia laughs at that. "Oh, Theo, you should know better than to expect an information broker to reveal her sources. I would not long stay in business if I did. Gunn can vouch for that truth, no doubt.

"The information is as current as such things can be. I suppose it's possible in theory he changed the passwords at the last minute, or arranged some other defences. But it seems unlikely. If nothing else, some of the alarms notify Shroud of the intruder, and he would have been confident in his ability to return immediately and confront the burglar."

She starts to lead you through the empty streets of the slumbering city, the only witnesses to your passing a couple of watchmen and a homeless man rifling through a pile of litter. She finds her way unerringly to the Temple of Granig, signalling for you to wait a moment while she speaks to the clergy inside.

She returns shortly, and shows you to a particular grave in the cemetery. The name on the grave is a reminder from what feels like the distant past, of an early casualty in this conflict: Lord Commander Obren.

"I will open the gate. We have about a minute's walk through the plane before we reach the stronghold; be ready for combat. Also, the area around the stronghold itself is charged with negative energy; if you have defences against such forces, I suggest you use them.

"Ready?"

25. - Top - End - #205

Yara wonders what happened to Shroud's stuff. Had someone searched him before her? She walks back to the group unsurely, mentioning to the others that Shroud had absolutely nothing on him.
    "I'd suggest you not call me his pet," Yara says, scowling at Natalia. "If you're relying on me to get in."
    "What's the tower made out of?" she asks. "And would blasting through the walls, floor or roof trigger any traps?
    Yara searches her mind to remember what a nightcrawler is. "Well, I think I'll be keeping off the ground then. Might be able to hold a few others who don't want to tangle with that beast."

"Shroud considers his last line of defence his equal?" Hesa laughs, feeling confident with the easy win. "Then it shouldn't be a problem."
    He waves the staff in his hands. "Any chance on getting this thing to work before we arrive? Might come in use."
    Spoiler: Know Rel on Night Crawler
    Show

(1d20+11)[21]

The temple of Granig was a reminder to Hesa.
    "Where's Vaust? I'm to be killing him on the morrow. Was he killed when Shroud took your building?" he asks Natalia.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Knowledge Religion result
    Show
    Yara doesn't know what a nightcrawler is.

Natalia answers Hesa with a shake of her head. "From what I know of it, the Staff should only work for the Guardian of the Temple of Maya. The fact Shroud could use it tells us I don't know everything there is to know about it, but we don't have the luxury of time to find out.

"Don't trivialise Shroud. He was overconfident about the strength of his magical defences, perhaps because he trusted that Staff too much - but that is the only reason you won today. That, and a timely divination. If we let him recover, he will learn from his mistakes - and probably pick off those who defeated him when they alone. I doubt any of you alone could have beat him - I know I don't want to face his ire of this goes wrong.

"He has an ally he respects enough to consider it his equal? That man gave respect like a miser gives his coin. That should tell you something.

"Overconfidence killed Shroud. Don't let it kill us."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

On the thought if the staff, Hesa, it does belong to the temple of Maya, it may be best we give it back to them instead. We must prepare that we may fail, and I don't want this to return to his evil, rotting hands.

Theo put thought to who could be trusted to it without delaying the mission any further, and was open to suggestions
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Asoryala speaks up in answer to Theo's comment.

"Rationally, there are two options: entrust the Staff to the Temple of Granig, or one of us delivers it. At this hour there is no prospect of a courier.

"If it is to be one of us, it should be the one whose absence will be least keenly felt. Natalia is required for her knowledge of our destination. Of the rest of us, myself or - with respect - Rauthus are the least formidable combatants. One of us should go."

Natalia raises something in her closed fist, and a rectangle of impenetrable darkness forms in midair before her. She steps aside, signaling for someone else to take the lead. As she does so, she meets Hesa's eyes and smiles briefly. It is clear she has no intention of answering the question about Vaust.

29. - Top - End - #209

"Just keeping morale up," Hesa replies to Natalia. He keeps his exterior jovial, but inside he was calculating what needed to be done to live through the next fight. It was harder, considering he had no idea what he was facing.
    "Does anyone know what a nightcrawler is?"
    Hesa wondered why Natalia didn't reveal Vaust's status. A simple yes/no would have done.
    If Vaust was dead, she would have no reason to hide it. If he was alive, then the only reason to hide his status is that it would then lead to questions about what he is doing...

Yara looks at the group.
    "If we're teleporting in, I can only carry 4 at a time. Anyone else will be left outside for at least another 12 seconds...
    She looks down at her psicrystal and considers it for a moment.
    "I can probably channel power through the psicrystal, allowing me to teleport another 4 soon after."

"We can have two groups. One walks ahead to attract attention and has the psicrystal with it. You stay back with the second group, which stays a couple hundred feet back. When the first group is engaged, they teleport out. And hopefully the second group can teleport out before the beast can reach them," Hesa suggests.
    "It would mean only Yara and eight others could go, any extras would be left outside and waste power to go back and collect. If anyone can teleport themselves or others, we can increase that number."

"Oh, and can I have the Lens back? Maximising my power may become important in this fight."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Relgion
    Show
    Nightwalker (1d20+20)[40]

"If a group must act as a distraction any creature native to the plane of shadow would instantly seek me and my light out trying to snuff it out. It only seems logical then that I would try and be part of the distraction team. Though I am not comfortable with the chances of having to defend myself against this creature for long if it comes down to it." the priestess of the lovers makes clear as they prepare to leave.